The Followers of Eru: A Guild for Christians, Verse 8!!!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby NyckS » Mon May 28, 2007 2:29 pm

*laughs at Iris* Interesting greeting, I have to say...

Have a blessing... this is WONDERFUL weather we're having here and it feels great... I love cool, but no rain... it's fantastic for Juneau.
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Arwenelf » Tue May 29, 2007 9:03 am

Nycks- Alaska? Sweet! Somehow I missed that thats where you are from. I would love to go there some day, it looks like an amazing and beautiful place. One of our mayterm classes is Boreal Ecology in Alaska, and I was hoping to go, but sadly it wouldn't count for any credits that I still need. :( But yea-- the class is there right now.

Gwen--Hi!!! Good to see you :) How are you? I know God will provide if its his will. I'm trying to remember that...I leave in a week for school and if someone calls while I'm gone I dont know what I'll do. No one else knows anything about Norman, or how to ride him, etc so my parents couldn't really show him to anyone. We'll see...
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Gwenare » Tue May 29, 2007 11:24 am

Nen: hopefully everything will happen before you go. :)

I've been fine thank you for asking. I've gotten a rather nasty virus right now which has me quite down. This is not good with two children. :( At least I can keep popsicles down so this is good. Both kids have been upset because I'm sick, so it's hard to see them like that. I also think I've given it to Dan. :( My prayer is that the kids don't get it. Dan and I are stronger and can fight it off, but they are so young, esp. A.J. Of course he has gotten the antibodies from me so he should be alright. I'm really worried about Hannah though. Please pray that neither of them get this. It would send them to the hospital dehydrated I'm sure.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 29, 2007 11:31 am

Gwen: you gave antibodies to AJ...and you're sick. There's missing logic here, I think. :hug: *passes over the chicken soup, tissues and more :hug:*
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Gwenare » Tue May 29, 2007 11:35 am

Iris: I'm nursing him that's how he gets them. Whenever I'm sick and my body produces the antibodies, they pass to him through the milk. If he were to get sick, he would give me the germs and my body would produce the antibodies for him. It's really a miracle at how God made women like that. :) And thanks for the chicken noodle soup and more. :) *sterile* :hug:s
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 29, 2007 11:40 am

Ah, gotcha.

You can see I've never done this myself. :D

*hands over fruit juice popcicles*
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Gwenare » Tue May 29, 2007 11:48 am

It's alright. :)

And enjoys those popsicles. It's about the only thing I've eaten today and they were delicious. :)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Tue May 29, 2007 11:56 am

Hey everyone! I've read over everything and I am praying for you all. :)

Its 90 degrees here and I'm cold. Go figure. No appetite at all, but as Gwen said I'd rather be sick then the kids.

God bless you all!
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 29, 2007 11:58 am

*babysits the kids til dan and gwen feel better*
IrisBrandybuck

Postby NyckS » Tue May 29, 2007 8:52 pm

Hey, here's hoping and praying that you guys will be better soon! :|
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Wed May 30, 2007 4:11 am

Thanks everyone. :hug:s

I'm doing much better today. :clap:s Dan doesn't feel as queasy, but he is still showing some mild symptoms. Hopefully he will get over those soon. Unfortunately, our precious Hannah did get this vile virus. :( But she was over it quicker than anyone I've ever seen. Once she got it out of her stomach, ate popsicles, and drunk some water, she was back to her normal bouncy self. :D Praise the Lord for that. I was so worried about her getting it. I'm thankful that God took care of all of us especially her. :)

Please pray for rain for the southern US. Many areas around us including us are in a severe drought. :( Some areas it's really, really bad. We have even had some forest fires in our precious Misty Mountains. :( Also please pray for the emergency workers who fight these fires and those who are working extra hard due to our weather conditions. It's been very hard on them with this intense heat and dryness.

I'm off to check on our little ones. I anticipate one to be up very soon and the other to be doing his routine 360 in the crib. ;)
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed May 30, 2007 5:20 am

Yes, especially for the drought stricken areas. We need a tropical storm *nods*

Prayer RequestMy cousin Mel is pregnant with her second child and recently learned that the baby may have Down's Syndrome. I haven't talked to her yet, so I don't have details. She is due in October. *sigh*
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed May 30, 2007 6:18 am

Hey everyone. :)

Iris, thanks for the offer to babysit there. I'm sure you and Hannah would get along well. Until you had to call her down that is. :P ;) Prayers for your cousin and the baby.

Nycks, thanks for the prayers. :)

I hope you all have a great day. :)
God bless you all,
Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Wed May 30, 2007 7:41 am

Prayers for your cousin Iris.

I remember one of our former pastors and his wife had this same thing happen to them. They prayed and had the church pray. When they went for another test/ultrasound/whatever ( I can't remember what it was, sorry) they didn't find any Down's at all. They had a healthy baby boy. :) God is a miracle worker!

We will definitely pray for them and if it's God's will for this baby to not have Down's then praise God! And if it's His will for this baby to have Down's then praise God! We'll pray for His will to be done and strength for the family. It is hard to imagine that having a child with Down's to be His will, but it certainly can. We can not understand this, but just know that no matter what He will make a way for them. I have worked with enough Down's children and their families to know that there was a reason for the Down's even if it's just a reminder for us. There is something special about them, so simplistic. It's almost like looking at the world through the eyes of a child. There is nothing like that. Working with a person with Down's is like that. They have a whole new perspective on everything.

We will be keeping them in our prayers. :hug:s
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Gwen and Dan, sorry to hear about little Hannah, and glad that she is getting over it so well. Hope you guys are holding up well too. Praying for you guys.

Iris, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's baby. I agree with Gwen completely. If there is one thing I have learned in my short life, thus far, it is that God's ways are so mysterious and so far beyond our comprehension, but so perfect. Thankfully we have a God who can the entirety of the time line and he has a place for miracles of healing at just the right times and for little babies with Down's at just the right time to affect just the change or act the catalyst for something great he has in mind. That idea has kept me going through some rather rough times. I hope it can be an encouragement for your cousin as well. but of course we will be praying that God will display his healing power once again in this situation. :)

Gwen, you can have some of our rain if you would like. It have been raining almost non stop for the last three days about. As for being too hot; you are welcome to come visit me up in Alaska. I go to school down in Florida so I know what you mean about it being to warm :shock: . Frankly I don't know how you do it at all. I swear I would melt. :P but I'll Pray For Rain anyway. ;)

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Quil

Postby NyckS » Wed May 30, 2007 2:36 pm

Gwen... Quill was right about the rain, you can have it ALL!

But I really wish it was warmer up here, I could seriously use some more heat, I think. I would love to have it warmer... I miss my poor 90 degrees of heatness. :twisted:
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Wed May 30, 2007 7:01 pm

Quill and Nycks: We will definitely take that rain and cooler temps, gladly. I do appreciate your prayers for rain here. :) I would gladly send you the warmer temps, but I don't want this dry drought anywhere near anyone, especially in Alaska where I hear there are lovely forests.

Dan and Hannah are in tip top shape, but I'm still a bit tired and weak. I think once I start eating real food and not liquids I'll be better off. I'm slowly getting there, but I still have no appetite. I'm sure it will come back soon. I've got reserves stored up though. :P
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 pm

Yes... eatting food helps so much!

And thank God for reserves... what would we do without them?! I always wonder how skinny people survive sicknesses... it would... be... very hazardous to their health, no? :rofl:
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed May 30, 2007 9:22 pm

*grumble* look whos talking *grumble* :P ;P

I deffinitely will survive most major sicknesses that come my way :shock:
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu May 31, 2007 6:14 am

Hi everyone.

Glad to hear that the Dan Clan is feeling better! More chicken soup? *sends some*

Regarding the baby: My friend Missy was told that her daughter would probably be born either dead, or would die in a few hours...that was three years ago, and she's perfect (except for her temper). :D Another woman in our church was told the same thing about her daughter, was even told to have an abortion, and she and her husband said, "No, no matter what we will not kill our baby." She's a Sophomore in High School now. Isn't that cool? So, we'll trust God and accept whatever he has for us.

Well, I sent and email to Cassi's friend about the Narnia Bible School...ok, let me back up a bit. It was over a year ago when I thought this was something our church could try. We've been doing these really dippy, lame Bible School's that only the pastor's wife likes because I guess she's friends with the creator or something. Anyhow, when Cassi mentioned his church doing one I thought "Oh, great Idea!" and mentioned it to the pastor's wife, who told me to go ahead and get information. So, I did get the email address and emailed her (Thanks, Cassi!) and also did some independent research. When she emailed me back, I forwarded the email to my pastor's wife and she promptly emailed me and said, essentially, that we do Bible based Bible Schools or events and that kids might get confused focusing on Narnia.

EXCUSE ME? We don't do Bible based Bible Schools! I've wandered from room to room in the last 4 we had, and the two Family Fun Nights, and there is little Gospel...one room, I believe, out of all of them. When my mom was story teller last year she re-wrote the story to include more faith and Bible teaching. We do these stupid feel-good make everyone happy Bible Schools...

Needless to say, I am so mad...I can hardly stand it. I don't dare respond to her email yet, I'm afriad I'll say something I'll regret. I've been mad at her before, and I learned not to trust her, but this really takes the cake. :x

Thanks for letting me vent. *sigh*
IrisBrandybuck

Postby MithLuin » Thu May 31, 2007 9:12 pm

Downs Syndrome is certainly a challenge - but it isn't deadly! Of course, I hope your cousin's baby is healthy. :hug: If your cousin is under 35, it is rather unusual for her to have a Downs Syndrome baby.

And :hug: for the Bible School situation. I understand how those politics work. "Oh, of course, any idea you have, just send it in..."
"Oh, I'm sorry, it wasn't what we wanted, better luck next time..."

Basically, if you and she have different ideas of what should be happening in VBS, you're not going to see eye-to-eye over the programs...and she's in charge, so she wins and you lose.

I would definately wait a couple of days to cool off - DON'T send an e-mail while you're mad! Then, make sure that the one you do send is conciliatory, even if it does focus on, "gee, I'm sorry you missed ALL THE BIBLE PASSAGES in this program..."

(Yeah, okay, so don't write that! :roll: )

No, really - make your point, but graciously, since you have to bow to her wishes in the end anyway. (Sounds like she runs the VBS program?) No doubt she has you 'ear-marked' as someone who is "such and so" and will write off your ideas out of hand :(. Maybe next time, you can sucker someone else into talking to her, without mentioning your name ;).
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:57 am

Thanks, Mith. :hug:
Mel is only 30, so this is a surprise, but probably not completely unheard of. We have until October to know for sure, so... *sigh*

Thanks for the advice...this isn't completely unexpected. We're talking about a woman who really has control issues...she won't let the regular secretary actually do her job...the same woman is our Alliance Women's leader and the pastor's wife is always undermining her. When my mom was in charge of Bible School several years ago she tried to undermine that because mom wouldn't do what she was told. One of the reasons we've lost several members is because of her...we nearly lost the best pianist in the church because she has made some really mean remarks about her and her children.

Now that I've had time to cool off, I'm just going to drop it. It isn't worth fighting over...It's better to choose your battles and I may have an even bigger one coming up some day that I will stand my ground on!!

Well, anyhow, I thought of our friends in the south today...we've had major rain/thunder storms here and y'all need it more than we do!
Last edited by IrisBrandybuck on Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IrisBrandybuck

Postby mithrandir111 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:19 am

Hello fellow TORCers. :)

I haven't been able to get online much recently and when I do it's not for very long so I have found it hard to make time to post on here. I often think of you all and pray for you. A quick update on my life: I am enjoying living away from home although things are pretty tight money wise. Work ok but wish I was earning more, oh well. Prayer request My Granddad was taken into hospital yesterday afternoon and its pretty bad. The doctor said that a part of his bowel had died and they can't operate because he only has one lung and that doesn't work properly. So it's looking grim.

I am praying for all of you guys especially you Parm. :)

I am running out of time on the internet so I'll have to say Sayonara

God be with you all. :grouphug:
mithrandir111
Ranger of the North

Postby prmiller » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:37 am

mithrandir111 I am touched by the note of about your prayers.

This week has stretched my stretched-out heart
has pulled where sinews screamed for rest,
has taught me lessons, hard and strong,
from failing test on test on test.
Of course, I wept, to see my state,
that I, thus aged, have much to learn,
as I, symbolic, though it were,
watch years of toil catch fire and burn.
I hope there is a pot that holds
whatever gold or silver's left,
for I am ashen cold and black,
suffused with fears: am I bereft
of any solace, any peace,
any hope to lift my soul?
Then in that maelstrom loud and shrill...
He comes...Oh joy! My heart's true goal.

We love him, not because the skies are blue,
but because the storms are great,
and He is greater still.

Bright blessings,
Parm :)
Last edited by prmiller on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Gwenare » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:17 am

Parm: As always your poem has touched my heart so. As you have suffered physically as of late and from your poem failing tests upon tests, my father has as well. He has his heart cath next Friday. :( These words: We love him, not because the skies are blue,
but because the storms are great,
and He is greater still.

remind me that indeed our God is greater than anything that comes our way. Thank you Lord for reminding me of this through your beloved and precious servant Parm. :)

:hug:s Parm, We love you!
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:33 am

Wow, thanks, Parm... that was beautiful... and really reminds me of what we should be doing with our lives... our hope should not be for eternal bliss, but for reunion with our Saviour. ;)
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Gwenare » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:50 pm

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got rain!!!!!!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

This after we received some scattered thunderstorms which quickly developed into a steady soaking rain. We are so very thankful for this. :) I just had to share.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:00 pm

Your welcome. Nycks and I had a hard time getting the wind machine working right but you can see the results :P and now we are having a very sunny day and I am debating the wisdom of sending all our rain down to you.

Seriously though, praise God! I'm glad the heat spell has broken for the time being. I know it gets kind of depressing when there is no end in sight for weather you would rather not have. :clap:

Iris, definitely praying for you. Hope this doesn't make it too difficult to be around the woman. :| can't be too easy. I know how it feels. Recently my church has been taking a bit more of a feel-good approach to things it seems. Coming back home from an ultra-conservative school in Florida (PCC) it hits me a lot harder than it has in the past, and I have to be careful not to pass judgment too quickly. I really just don't know what is worth standing for or not in some of the things my church is doing, or if any of them are necessarily wrong or really harmful. Maybe they are just different and that is why I'm having a hard time *shrug*. :P like I said, I'll be praying for you, and I could use some prayer in that arena as well.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:57 pm

Ooo... the wind machine worked! Yes!

Quill... we should go into business making fantastic inventions... we could be the next Rube Goldberg! ;)

On a more serious note, I would love prayer for my girl. She's having some interesting issues with a co-worker that seems to be coming onto her... she just needs discernment.
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby mithrandir111 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:20 am

I've managed to get onto the net two days in a row, wow. I would appreciate prayers for my family especially my Gran as my Granddad passed away this morning, he was in quite a lot of pain and there was not much chance that he would get better so it is good in a way for it to be over so quickly. :cry2:
Thanks for sharing your poem Parm they always bless me and make me think. My prayers are with you.

I am praying for all you guys.

God be with you all. :grouphug:
mithrandir111
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive