The 25th Emporium...title change! :o)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

The 25th Emporium...title change! :o)

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:24 pm

25. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love you guys. :love:
Last edited by Evenstar_of_Imladris on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:26 pm

First post and I don't even post here!!!!!! :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:26 pm

Now you do. ;)

Edit: P.S. Such good timing...I ended up being around longer than I thought, but right after I started the new thread, my friend called to say she was home so I could go over to her place. :rofl:

w00t! 8)
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:44 pm

Um....third?

I don't have much to say, except that stupid people irritate me. :P
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Ugluk wrote:I don't have much to say, except that stupid people irritate me. :P

I second that. 8)

And...I went to the dentist today. Waited about two hours before thay took me, and it only took like ten minutes. :roll: Oh well.

I also saw Night at the Museum last night. Cute movie.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:42 pm

Elfy- :hug: Dentists suck, they do that to me all of the time. :P
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:58 pm

It's been aaaages since I've even been on the first page of an Emporium. :shock:

(I think, anyway... watch TTBK grab the first pages of the past three and me be on all of them. :roll: :P )

So, I just got back from picking up new bulletin covers and running a little errand for my mom. My windshield was incredibly filthy so I pulled into a BP to clean it. I get out, walk over to get the window wiper, turn around - and this black guy in a knit cap runs up behind me, yelling, "Gimme all your money!!" (paraphrased) :shock: I automatically reached for my pocketknife, but I had gone out without it for the first time in about a year...

Good thing, too, he was from my old school and just wanted to see if he could give me a heart attack. :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Orthodontists are worse. :P

*glomps Laurel*

:D :D :D :D :D

You're back!!!!!!! :horse: :D :horse: :D :D :happyflutter: :happydance: :D
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Ivriniel » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:23 pm

Ugluk wrote:Um....third?

I don't have much to say, except that stupid people irritate me. :P

Bad day Ugluk?

I had an irritating encounter today. I volunteer at the Royal Ontario Museum. My volunteer section had our monthly meeting this week, and then I did a volunteer shift after that.. Just as I was leaving I ran into a woman who I know from when I did my initial volunteer training session. She mentioned that she was going to go to a presentation in the virtual gallery that was starting in 5 min. The Virtual Gallery is usually only available to schools, but at the moment the Egyptian Gallery is closed, so they had it open instead. (The exhibit that is currently in there is on Ancient Egypt.) Anyways, we went to the place where people were meeting at the tour, and were surprised to find that it was being run by another volunteer from our section.

The woman who was running the tour has been a volunteer maybe for six months, and my friend and I helped train her. I remember when she came through the training and there was something about her that rubbed me the wrong way. She always seemed a bit arrogant and cocky.

Anyways, we went off to the Virtual Gallery, which has a movie that they show, and some touch screens where you can interact with some virtual artifacts (The real artifacts were scanned with a laser, and you can manipulate them in 3 dimensions on your touch screen.) So, anyways, my friend and I were chatting while we waited for it to start.

I was in the middle of saying something when the woman was running the program started talking. I was just quickly and quietly finishing up what I was saying when she looked directly at me and said "Hello?" in this voice that was designed to embarass someone into silence. :x

All I can say is I hope she doesn't behave like that with regular museum guests.

Yeah, at that moment I probably shouldn't have been talking. But it's the kind of thing that people in the general public do all the time, and you can't treat guests like that if you want them to return.

Ivriniel
Ivriniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Ugluk » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:29 pm

balrogthane wrote:So, I just got back from picking up new bulletin covers and running a little errand for my mom. My windshield was incredibly filthy so I pulled into a BP to clean it. I get out, walk over to get the window wiper, turn around - and this black guy in a knit cap runs up behind me, yelling, "Gimme all your money!!" (paraphrased) :shock: I automatically reached for my pocketknife, but I had gone out without it for the first time in about a year...

Good thing, too, he was from my old school and just wanted to see if he could give me a heart attack. :P

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's awesome!

Actually my day has been okay, except for one specific part....
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:25 pm

That would make me so mad Ivvy! :x

Of course, I would've just said 'hello' back and smiled. :P

BT - So...you're gut reaction to a potential thief is to knife them? :shock:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:24 pm

*Is watching Davici code*

Ivvy: that would make me very mad.

BT :roll:

Hi, everyone!

Imi: your sig is depressing me :P

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:45 pm

Are you sure it's not the 'Da Vinci Code' that's depressing you? :P

I happen to like my sig very muchly and I'm just as valentine-less as you are, if not more so. :P
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Ellehcim » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:04 pm

25?! :shock:

That's such a milestone. 0_o

Woo-hoo! :D

Guys. My mom just bought a brand new 2008 Lexus. :shock: :D :love: We're going to be dirt poor for five years, but I think it's worth it, she's so happy now. :D Apparently it was the first 2008 the dealership has sold. That is so cool. :D

Hi Laurel!! :D :D :hug:

That is all for now! [/Tim Nordwind]

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:17 pm

Imi - it's more my first instinctive reaction to attack of any sort, not just thieves/muggers. ;)

Elle, that's cool! ...I'm jealous. :P

Well... I finished The Matter Trilogy. Too late to post the review it deserves.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:46 pm

balrogthane wrote:Well... I finished The Matter Trilogy. Too late to post the review it deserves.

That sounds vaguely....ominous. 0_o

And by "The Matter Trilogy", I assume you mean all four books?
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:34 am

I'm having a... very interesting night/morning. :P

Hello everyone. Happy new thread. :D

BT, I would have absolutely killed him. I hope you gave him a good talking-to. That kind of thing is NOT funny in any way, shape, or form.

Ivri, that's irritating. :x

Eve, I dunno, your sig is depressing me too and I do have a valentine. :rofl:
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:08 am

That's so rude, Ivvy! Some people are just irritating. B^

BT- :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:15 am

I happen to like my sig very muchly and I'm just as valentine-less as you are, if not more so.
Oh, it's very nice, I've just been depressed recently (not bad, just down) and it didn't help.

How can you be less valentine-less?

Um....WEll, HI there, everyone!!! :D

Always...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ivriniel » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:17 am

So I was in a mall kinda near my school the other day. This mall has a "Fantasy Fair" in it for the kids. There's a ferris wheel, a merry-go-round, a train and assorted other rides. They also sell cotton candy and funnel cakes and whatnot. In between the rides there are display cases for mall merchants to display their wares.

Is it just me, or is a display of sexy lingerie out of place in such a setting? :shock:

Doesn't that belong in a different kind of "Fantasy Fair"? :whistle:

Ivriniel
Ivriniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Tethairwen » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:23 am

*pounces on the new Emporium* :D

*glomps Laurel* :hug: I just came back too, after the craziness of international travel. :) Huzzah for study abroad. :D

BT - :shock: :rofl: :rofl: I actually did the same thing a few years ago, when the neighbors' Rottweiler growled at me when I was all alone on the far end of our property. My Swiss army knife never felt so good. :| I hate Rottweilers to this day. :shock:

So... I'm insanely bored. I couldn't make it to London this weekend, and it's rather chilly to be wandering the streets of Leeds. At least I have a clean room. :roll:

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:23 am

I automatically reached for my pocketknife

Pocketknife?? Those things are no good for defending yourself. I'd get a machete if I were you. Most of the time just the site of one would bring an attacker to a stop.

Now post a review of Matter! :shock:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:33 pm

I'm still having a very interesting morning. :P

I LOVE CALVIN AND HOBBES! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I always love them but that comic just made me giggle really hard. :P

Made blueberry muffins from scratch last night. They were FANTASTIC. This morning I ate one and they had gone slightly stale. :P Oh well, I shall microwave the rest and I will not be able to tell! :horse:

I would have put them in a plastic bag or something but I don't have one. Poor college student here. :P
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Ivvy: :shock: There's fantasy and then there's fantasy...and generally the two shouldn't mix.

Luthy: :D That is good! Course, how does she know the little girl would have been a sweet one? We've got one girl here who thinks the answer to all of lifes problems is a flame thrower. :D

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ugluk » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:45 pm

IrisBrandybuck wrote:Luthy: :D That is good! Course, how does she know the little girl would have been a sweet one? We've got one girl here who thinks the answer to all of lifes problems is a flame thrower. :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BTW, Iris -- the tag next to your sig used to make sense, but now it's probably going to make people wonder what you're smoking. :P

I saw 'Extremities' last night. Very good play. Very dark subject matter, though. And only one person walked out after the first three minutes. I was rather surprised, and kinda disappointed. The day before, on opening night, they managed to get ten people to walk out after three minutes.

8)

*looks around for BT*
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:02 pm

Ugluk wrote:*looks around for BT*

Don't you mean Miss Sparkly? :P

I smell good. 8)

Because I just took a shower. :P

My roommate managed to putter around making lots of noise from 7:30 till 9:30 this morning. Come ooooon, it is ON THE OFFICIAL LIST of "cruel and unusual punishments" to keep your roommate awake that long that early on a Sunday morning!

I go to church on Saturday nights so I don't have to get up on Sunday, darn it! :P
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Klonkku » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:01 pm

You have saturday-night church-sessions, Luthy? :shock: That is just awesome!

As a completely off-the-topic question, do any of you watch NBC's The Office? :D
Panic-free for 10 years and counting!
Klonkku
Ringbearer

Postby Ellehcim » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:07 pm

I have soooo much work to do today. Blah. *dies* Anybody want to write a Huck Finn paper for me? :P

Why is Imi's sig depressing everyone? I like it. :P

Aaand that's all I have to say.

Wait, one more thing. Tomorrow is Medical Monday at school. (We're having a spirit week for some unknown reason.) I'm going to dress up as House and be mean to everybody. :P I was going to actually use a cane, but my mom says she thinks it will get taken away. :roll: Because I'll be causing such a problem with it. :roll: :roll: So instead I'm going to carry around a candy cane and complain about how much my leg hurts and how it doesn't seem to be helping. :P Also, I'm going to be popping tic tacs all day as fake vicodin. :D :rofl:

If I told that story before, sorrry. I can't remember for sure, but I sort of feel like I already told it here. But I also feel like I didn't. So....yeah. *is losing her mind*

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby lady*of*rohan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:18 pm

Wow! 25!

I think we are all crazy! :shock:

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby Klonkku » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:36 pm

lady*of*rohan wrote:Wow! 25!