The 25th Emporium...title change! :o)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby balrogthane » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:36 am

Oh man-- that's terrifying, Ugluk. Hope there aren't any other problems down the line. :hug: for Loth! (and hopes that she will be more careful!)

Nice run-in with the druggie though. :P

Elfy-- hope the last rabbit makes it. We... haven't had very good luck with rabbits around our house, thanks to our four cats. :roll:

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 am

MEGA :hug: for Loth. I hope it's not anything serious and that there aren't any more problems. :(

What're boiled cookies, Elfy?
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:28 pm

Well, the last baby rabbit died yesterday afternoon. Very sad. :(

And boiled cookies are very good. They're basically like chocolate-oat cookies. You don't cook them, just boil some of the ingredients and then add the rest and let them sit. Very tasteh.

:hug: for Loth
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:50 pm

:hug: for Loth. That must've been incredibly frightening. :(

:hug: Elle, stupid people are the most annoying thing about humans in general.

Today I was supposed to be doing a children's ministry outside, but every time I was out for more than 5 min I became very queasy. So I basically stayed in the air conditioning, made myself an nuisance, and didn't help at all. :(
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:15 pm

*drive-by hello* :hihi:
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:45 pm

Tasteh!!! :yippie:

None of these "drive-by" hellos. :nono: You must stay. *nods*

*glues you to wall* :whistle:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:34 pm

Had a rather long day today.

At work, they sent me up to Spokane to pick up some guy's car and bring it back to the Harley store. I was supposed to be back by 2:30, in plenty of time to go to drama group. So I should have left by ten, but I wasn't even picked up until 11:45. Lovely start.

I drove up there with a 59-year-old lady who shuttles cars around for a living. She made me drive. A brand-spanking-new Chrysler 300. Probably one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. It's a very sweet (and very expensive) car.

Anyway, once we reached Spokane we turned off the freeway and instantly hit traffic. What could have been a 5-minute drive to the dealership took 45 minutes. Then we picked up an Infiniti sedan (which I drove, while she took the Chrysler) over to ANOTHER dealership - where we found our road blocked for construction and had to backtrack for miles....turning a 30-minute trip into one that took an hour. Then back to the first dealership where I was dropped off and got this utterly massive SUV Infiniti which I had to take back to the Harley shop. And I had to stop for gas, and then negotiate the 45-minute traffic nightmare back to the freeway.

I was supposed to be done with work by 4, leave, pick up a friend, go home, change, shower, and then be at drama group by 5:30. I didn't even get the SUV back to the Harley shop until 6:30, and I was an hour and a half late for drama group.

And we have a performance Sunday.

:bang:
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:12 pm

Poor rabbits. :(

:hug: Ugluk. That really sucks. :x

Hey, Rune! :D

So... I went bowling today for about three hours. They give you ten free games for every two As you have, so we only had to pay for shoes (I now have 38 free games left. I'll never have to pay for a bowling game again in my life). :D

After that, I went to my violin lesson, had a blast with Vivaldi (:love:), and then went driving for an hour and a half. Other than one extremely scary moment when I almost crashed into a construction site, it went well. :P
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:33 pm

Sounds like fun. I haven't been bowling in forever.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Ellehcim » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:21 pm

BT, I'm just wondering whether you're aware of the fact that you've been signed on to aim for 4 days and 20 hours. :P Two words, dude: False hope.

Elle...maybe you shouldn't watch TV anymore?

:rofl: Maybe not. But we all know I'll continue to watch way too much tv for the rest of my life. :P Anyway, the day after my last post, the show I was so mad at made me super happy/excited, so...It balances. :P

Wow, Ugluk, I hope nothing's too wrong with your sister. :(

Hi Rune! :D

So my internet has been down for the last two days or so. It did work for a total of ten minutes, but it was going so slow I couldn't get anything worthwhile done. But it's back now, hopefully to stay. *hopehopehope*

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:30 am

Argh dadblast it Elle I know. I forgot to set my Away before I left for the weekend. :( Canst thou forgive such an empty-headed forgetful fair-weather friend as I?

Then I get home and our computer BSOD's on us. Now all we can get out of it is "Error loading operating system" Rather a bleak forecast, innit? I just hope we can get the stuff off the hard drive. And that the stupid Norton 360 we bought will have actually done the backups it claimed to. :x That program claims to be able to keep all viruses out of your computer... sometimes I think its method of defense is to use up all your RAM and CPU cycles, so there's no way for the virus to run! :roll:

My dad and sister got home Saturday night from Thailand, though, so that was cool. We went to the airport to meet them and the rest of the missions team, and a bunch of other church people were there-- even our pastor, which was nice.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:16 am

Yes, it's always nice when a pastor takes an interest in the rest of his congregation. *nods*

And speaking of missions trips, my best friend will be landing in Pittsburgh at 10 p.m., home from Burkena Faso. She threatened to stay and is making plans for next year already.

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Ellehcim » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:31 pm

As my aunt is the assistant principle's secretary at my school, I now have my class schedule and list of students in each of my classes for this year. I must say, I'm equally eager for this year to begin and dreading it. I can name a few specific people I'm dreading having to deal with, but that won't make them go away. So I'll just pretend I don't know they're in my classes yet. :D

BT wrote:Canst thou forgive such an empty-headed forgetful fair-weather friend as I?

I don't know...What'll you give me to forgive you? :D

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:44 pm

Cider? :D

Anyway, I have a confession to make... I stopped at a BP today to buy some Diet Mountain Dew, 'cause I was feeling both thirsty and tired. And I saw a Limited Edition box of Halo 3 Mountain Dew. So, like a complete corporate whore, I... bought it. :whistle: :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:43 pm

So yer a big booty'd ho then? :rofl:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Quick post to reply to Elfky talking about the cookies.

I made those same things yesterday....we call them no-bakes!

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:54 pm

Aren't they amazing, Rohy? :love:

*pats Miss Sparkly*

So, I started packing today. Only two days left before I leave. :shock: *is excited* It's going to take us two days to get to Florida though, so that sucks. :( Hopefully I'll have time to get online when I'm there though.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:01 am

Florida in September = yuck. Of course, it's the end of summer, so it won't be too bad.

Good luck! :hug:

Huh, I just found out that, contrary to popular belief, there were actually SEVEN stooges, not Six as I had believed.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ellehcim » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:48 pm

Aaghhh. So I just got a super-adorable email from a guy that asked me out a while back. I guess I never technically gave him an answer, although I thought I had. He's a nice enough guy, but we've never really talked outside of myspace. I feel horrible telling him no, but to be honest, I'm sort of hung up on somebody else right now, and I don't feel like I'd be all there if I did go out with him. So basically I just don't know what to respond with. Gah. :|

I might be able to accept cider, BT...Don't know what I'd do with it, though, as I don't really care for it. :P

Elfy wrote:*is excited*

*is excited for you* :D Hope your trip goes okay and that you can get online when you get there.

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby Klonkku » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:52 am

*Klonkku makes a sudden appearance*

Greetingss, my dear friends. :)

*Klonkku disappears as hastily as he appeared, but promises to jump back in the near future*
Panic-free for 10 years and counting!
Klonkku
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:07 am

did you guys hear something?

Elle: well, you can either say yes and see what happens, or say no, and regret it. :P

Seriously, I don't know what to tell you, but you'd better give him an answer this time. :hug:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby oldtoby » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:09 am

So basically I just don't know what to respond with.

May I suggest a response?

Next time he asks just say.... Banana split.... and you will make your self perfectly clear. :wink: :twisted: :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:11 am

Well, I suppose it IS an answer, isn't it?

IrisBrandybuck

Postby AlexSnitzel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:40 am

Hiya folks!

Haven't meant to be scarce, but I've been juggling a few things lately... have a bunch of friends from Scotland over so we've been hanging out... I'm working 5:30 AM to noon shifts at Starbucks and helping my friend take care of her business at the same time and wapow I've been busy. But I've been having so much fun with my Dundee friends. SO MUCH :D They fly home tomorrow. Boo.

Hey Klonks boy!
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Answers are much easier to come up with when one doesn't insist that they make sense. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Ellehcim » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:17 pm

May I suggest a response?

:rofl:

I guess I deserve that. :P Even though I thought I'd given him an answer before. But whatever.

Iris wrote:
well, you can either say yes and see what happens, or say no, and regret it.

Hmm. Interesting.

*waves to Klonkku and Alex*

I am insanely jealous of this one girl right now. She has recently received some news that makes her future sooooo awesome(r). Of course, I'm super excited for her, it just sucks that I don't get to participate in the wonder that will be her September 7th. Some of you may have heard of this lucky girl. She's some sort of hobbit or something...

:P

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:17 pm

my suggestion too wordy perhaps?

Something shorter and more concise....

Nee? :wink: :twisted:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby AlexSnitzel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:12 pm

*waves to Elle*

So... I almost got caught trying to steal a road sign. :nono: :D The guys from Scotland really wanted a momento from my hometown and we decided to make a local roadsign that tonight at midnight. A huge guy saw us and starting running towards us, and we just barely made it back to the car. He literally was close enough to touch the car as we drove away.

Ah, here's to being young and stupid.

Nope... here's to having good friends. :)
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:47 am

Alex :nono: do you have any idea how much those signs actually cost?

Ah, youth! :)

Elle, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Toby: precicely.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby AlexSnitzel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:58 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:Alex :nono: do you have any idea how much those signs actually cost?

Yes...

The sign we were trying to take was a two-by-four with the road name painted on to it, so my guess is about $1.50.
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive