Emporium26 - It's Not Like Corn Mazes Are Exclusive To WA!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Elrohiril » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:03 pm

I do historical costumes as well, that's what I like. Although I made Jedi costumes for the Revenge of the Sith midnight showing. :D Ugluk and went. It was fun. I don't make cheesy, cheap costumes like you buy in the store, I use authentic (as mush as possible anyway!) materials and make them wearable. So much fun!

Ugluk: Yeah, they quite of both of us at the same time. Pretty lame for you. Maybe they decided misery loves company. :roll:

So, yesterday Ugluk and I went over to a friends house to paint, and now we're going again! Yay, more paint fumes to breathe in. If this keeps up, Ugluk will be permanently high. :rofl:
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:13 pm

Elrohiril wrote:If this keeps up, Ugluk will be permanently high. :rofl:

The question is, will anyone be able to tell the difference? :P

I don't have a rich uncle really. There's one that's better off than most of us, but I wouldn't really call him rich. He filled my car up with gas when I let him borrow it last year, does that count as giving me stuff?

And I don't sew. I've cross stitched and done little things like that, but I don't do any of it on a regular basis.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Sewing is such a shockingly sexist thing for women to do. :shock: I can't believe any of you admit, let alone take pride in, being able to do something that for so long has represented the subjugation of women in the home. :shock: :shock:

;)

So, I got home Friday, and we were having another family over. Just before they arrived, my dad informed me the latest cell phone bill showed I was getting charged on a per-text basis, again. :???: Even though I had just recently set up 400/month (I thought, anyway). And Saturday was crazy busy, so yeah... vanishment over the whole weekend. Sorry.

-(----
Last edited by balrogthane on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:49 pm

:P BT. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yay, Ro! It always makes me sad when I see a costume made out of crummy material, or in a way that's not accurate. All that effort going to waste. :( Or maybe I'm just a clothing snob. Who knows. :P
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Inwe-Taralom » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeah, from 10 on, my costumes were generally made by my mom. Hermione from HP, an elven dress... So yeah. Though I'll never fit in them again. :P And yes, my mom. :wink:

Ro: Hah, you guys'll never beat how high a friend and I got from getting a mani/pedi in the mall the summer before last. :rofl:
Inwe-Taralom
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:12 am

Only 400 texts a month? :shock:

*dies*
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:08 am

Big deal, I have never texted anyone...ever. :P
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:11 am

Neither had I until yesterday. MY boss texted me. I had to have my roomate show me how to put spaces in the text. :rofl:

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:25 am

:shock: I use texting occasionally, as with my family's plan it costs $0.20 per text, sent and received. :whistle:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:38 am

Text.. erm.. nope.

Speaking of corn mazes.. check this one out that is near my home. When you enter they give you all kinds of clues and trivia that you need to answer in order to finish the maze. I haven't done it yet, but our neighbor has. They said it's a 'must do'.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:40 am

Rose, that sounds very similar to the corn maze I was talking about earlier (I couldn't find a picture of just the maze - lame! :P ). I agree with your friend that a maze like that is a 'must do.' :D

Okay, so I'm the only one here who texts. :P

It's a great form of communication if you have a group of people you need to contact or if you're at work and can't call or if you want to send pictures to people... ;)

I love technology. :P
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Geek. :P

I really want to go to one of those corn mazes! The only ones around here are the "haunted" ones. Which I hate.

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:52 pm

I always used to think texting was pointless, but actually I find it very handy.

I left home last night at about 11, which is bedtime for me now. Got back to Columbia after 1, didn't finish bringing everything in til after 2. Needless to say I am bushed. :| Good news: my supervisor is switching to a new guy who has some actual plans, so my current job is being extended. W00t!

:zzz:

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:03 pm

I like texting fine, but I find it freakin' annoying when people you're hanging out with are constantly texting other people. Come on, guys, you can go without texting for an hour, and if you can't, why are we hanging out again? B^
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Elrohiril » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:20 pm

balrogthane wrote:Sewing is such a shockingly sexist thing for women to do. :shock: I can't believe any of you admit, let along take pride in, being able to do something that for so long has represented the subjugation of women in the home. :shock: :shock:
-(----

You're so weird. :P

Birdy wrote:Yay, Ro! It always makes me sad when I see a costume made out of crummy material, or in a way that's not accurate. All that effort going to waste.

I know, right? I feel the same way.

Inwe wrote:Ro: Hah, you guys'll never beat how high a friend and I got from getting a mani/pedi in the mall the summer before last.

:rofl: :rofl: Awesome.
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:37 pm

My phone is quasi-better now. I got a new battery for it and the phone works just fine as long as it stays plugged in. As soon as I unplug it it says the battery's dead. But I'll leave it plugged in 24/7 instead of buying a new phone. :P

Luthy - I agree with you. Texting while you're out with other people is just as rude as talking on the phone. :roll:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Except when you're texting the people you're hanging out with. :p

Then it's flatly awesome. Especially when you have six or seven conversations going at once.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:41 pm

balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:42 pm

I have done that before! :rofl:

We were all hanging out in the living room of a friend's house (I think there were 6 of us) and I texted someone across the room to be silly. Then they texted back and it just exploded from there.

I didn't have the phone number of one of the people in the room, so instead of asking her for it I texted someone else in the room to get it. I then sent the girl a text from my phone and she said to the group, "Does anybody recognize this number?"

It was amazing. :rofl:

Texting parties rock the world, for sure. :D

Edit: I need speakers on my computer - I love Homestar!
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:31 pm

It gets even better when people start accidentally replying to the wrong texts and so people get messages that weren't intended for them. Which is even funnier if people are talking about inside jokes or making fun of other people.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:21 pm

Oh my goodness, BT. That is simply amazing. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've never texted from a few few feet away. IMing while we're in the same room, though. Yes, guilty. :P
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Glad you liked it, Birdy. Teen Girl Squad is very special. :rofl: :rofl:

*makes banner for someone who just hit 3000* :whistle:

[edit]Tada.[/edit]

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Elrohiril » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 pm

*remembers IMing across the room* :love: :D

BT: :rofl: :rofl:
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Inwe-Taralom » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:23 pm

Haha, I hardly text, but we still get unlimited. A former best friend of mine is practically poor, and we put her on our plan, paying for it and everything. She adores texting, and I kinda hate it, but I just had to reply to her. :roll: I don't hate her, we just aren't so close now. She's one of those who constantly texts with other people when hanging out with anyone.

I'm really thinking of getting the gap in my front teeth closed. It has nothing to do with not wearing my retainer...I wore it for years before it was accidentily thrown out. My orthodontist said to permanently close it, I'd have to get part of my gum cut. At that point it terrified me, but now that I've gone through way worse medical stuff... :|
Inwe-Taralom
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:14 am

BT.. teen girl thing.. :roflmbo:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Elrohiril » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:54 pm

Inwe: Freaky! :shock: That'd make me nervous, but I suppose you'll be fine with it.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out this Friday. :( :shock:
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Ugluk » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:21 pm

I'm going to go over to her house afterward and write on her with a marker.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Ugluk wrote:I'm going to go over to her house afterward and write on her with a marker.

Touching how you care for your sister, really. :roll:

Ro - I hope you're not nervous. :) I had mine out about 3 years ago and I had no issues whatsoever. No swelling or bruising. The vicodin made me sick, but I simply stopped taking it and took Tylenol instead and I was fine. Good luck! :D
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:14 am

Ugh, Ro. You can count on some major sympathy over here. :hug: :hug:
Good plan, Ugluk.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:17 am

Don't worry Ro! It's not that bad. I had it done last year and it didn't hurt too bad. They gave me viccoden (I know I spelled it wrong, I don't know how to spell it) and it dulled the pain but it didn't put me to sleep which was annoying. My friends said it knocked them all out for hours, which it did for my brother, but not me. Grr...I was looking forward to some good rest but nope! It takes a lot to knock me out though. I woke up near the end of the surgery, couldn't feel anything but I remember looking up at them and they tried to calm me even though I didn't need calming. I was completely relaxed! :roll:

It's raining here. Which is good because I work today and people like coffee when it's cold and wet, yay for tips!

So...
I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go. *whistles*

:roll:

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive