Emporium26 - It's Not Like Corn Mazes Are Exclusive To WA!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:01 pm

My friends all told me how loopy I'd be on vicodin. Then I threw up and quit taking it. Such is life. :P

I did spend most of the afternoon eating Jell-O and watching A Mighty Wind. I had to keep restarting it because I couldn't focus on it. :rofl:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:06 pm

I remember getting really, really energized from the anesthesia they gave me (after it knocked me out). I spent the first day feeling wonderful and doing a ton of stuff. Then I spent the next day in bed watching TV all day with my sister. :P
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:22 pm

I was pretty out of it once I got home, but when I woke up from the anesthesia, I was chattering away. I felt like I'd only been out for 5 minutes and woke up asking my mom if they'd done the surgery yet (and about a hundred other questions).

She said, and I quote, "Shut up! You just had surgery!"

Gotta love mom. :rofl:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:31 pm

If you dont get put to sleep then you get to listen to the cracking and snapping as they hack them out.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Elrohiril » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:54 pm

I unfortunately do not get to be asleep. A free clinic for people without insurance or money is doing it. They have good dentists who volunteer, but no drugs for me. No Vicoden, nothing. I get standard painkiller for the process and Tylenol after.

Ugluk, I won't be that out of it and I know where you live. You just watch yourself. :twisted:

BT: I kill you. But thanks for the (fake?) sympathy. :P

Thanks Imi!
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:25 pm

Yikes, Ro! That sounds a bit more scary.

And whaddya mean, false sympathy? I just got mine out two months ago. I've got all kinds of real sympathy. :P

I just also approve of Ugluk's plan. :D

So, any of you who are on Facebook's Scrabble, there should be an update to the Stats->Highest Single Word Score -> Global pretty soon. 8) A big thanks goes to Ugluk and Ro, who sacrificed standings of their own to boost me up. You can see the moment of playing here. :D (obviously some tweaking was done on Ugluk and Ro ;) ).

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:33 pm

I'm...not a big fan of facebook anymore. I used to like it, but now it's lame-o.

But your Scrabble score is pretty sweet! :thumbsup:

Ro - I had the option to not get knocked out, but I'm a wuss. :P And since I couldn't take the vicodin, I took Tylenol and I really didn't have anything other than some minor soreness. You'll do great. :D
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:30 am

Ooo...I like vicodin. I wish I had some now. Like most things, it doesn't have much of an effect on me. I mean, it makes things more warm and fuzzy, but as far as being "out of it"...well, I've never been there. Even when they were loading me up with medicine stronger than morphine after I broke my arm, I never really felt or acted different. Kind of disappointing, really. :( It's one of the reasons why I'd be terrified if I had to have surgery - I'd be really worried whatever they used to knock me out wouldn't work, or wouldn't last. That would suck. :shock:

I hope your dentist appointment goes well, Ro. :hug: Maybe if Ugluk writes on you it'll be to draw a nice mustache or something, and the marker will get you high so you can be happy in your pain. :) That's what a good brother would do. :|

:P
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:37 pm

I have some prescription pain stuff (not Vicodin, sadly :P) that I have to use occasionally and when I take it I'll have people who I'm talking to on IM ask if I'm drugged or not. :P :roll: Apparently I'm a bit of a lightweight. :roll:

Ick, Elfy. That happened to me. :( It wasn't surgury, just an endoscopy, but they knocked me out with IV fentanyl (probably what they gave you for your arm) and I kept waking up. :roll: Really lame. :roll:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby lady*of*rohan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:23 pm

I did the same thing when they did the scope for my acid reflex. I don't remember what it's called, I had this done when I was 12, but they put this camera thing down your throat to look at your esophagus and all that. They couldn't get me calmed down enough for it. They gave my enough for an adult and it still didn't work.

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Yep, that's an endoscopy (or EGD... either way). Lovely procedure, eh? :P The drugs are really cool, though. :rotfl: :rotfl:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:47 pm

I had a sinus infection in the 9th grade. :P

P.S. It's getting rainy and gross here - boooooo! :x
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:23 pm

Holy flipping shinkes of death!!!!

YouTube has an "Audio Preview" button now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The hilarity of this fact may escape you if you haven't seen this comic.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Oh. My. Goodness.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:30 pm

Isn't it AMAZING? I love XKCD. :rofl: :rofl:

In other news, I sent a .zip file to my new boss for evaluation. Few hours later, he responds: "I've got a Mac and your file's giving me trouble." I jump on Google-- EVERYWHERE says there's nothing that should cause the slightest problems between Mac and Windows (which I was pretty sure about already, but it never hurts to check). So I .rar the file and send it again, along with some other questions.

No response.

Sigh....

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Inwe-Taralom » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:11 pm

oldtoby wrote:If you dont get put to sleep then you get to listen to the cracking and snapping as they hack them out.

Oh how well I know how that goes. :shock: I had 11 or so my baby teeth pulled out by the dentist...in 4 times of getting that stuff done? Ugh. No fun at all.

They don't knock you out for one of those spinal taps either. Me = practically screaming with my face in the pillow, tears streaming down my face and yelping "It hurts, Mommy/Daddy!" every five seconds - whoever was hugging my shoulders/head at the time. Then I had a pounding migraine for 3 days straight and couldn't move my back at all. That's how much it hurt.

Oh, then my leg muscle biopsy. That was a beaut. I couldn't get knocked out because of 'seizure risk'. They numbed everything, and put one of those dental cloth things hanging over my head. I still felt a lot of it, and saw a lot of it. Afterward, in my hospital bed I was crying so hard and freaking out - the nurses were supposed to tell my parents when I go out, but they didn't. I was in my hospital bed crying, freaking out, and eating some graham crackers the nurses gave me for at least 10 minutes before I saw my parents. I was in so much pain, but I was reluctant to take the vicodin because I'm really paranoid about medication addiction. I know have a maybe...2 inch, kinda thick scar, with a tiny dot scar accompanying it from where they numbed it with the insanely long needle. Might I mention they had to use the skin numbing stuff several times... That was in September of last year.

Now you can understand why dental surgery isn't sucha big deal to me. :|

Ro, I really, really hope all goes well tomorrow, and you're in the least amount of pain possible. :)

Sorry, reliving this stuff is really painful for me, so... :cry2: I generally am just frozen/numb as a result of all of this. But when I have to think about it...I have major mental breakdowns. I tend to just hide and shield myself from it; whenever I have appointments or tests..I'm a robot, really. I don't feel like a person anymore - more like a guinea pig.

:hug: to Ro!

EDIT: I think I want a PM. We're just somewhat poor right now. Meh. :P
Inwe-Taralom
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:06 pm

Inwe, I'm not even going to try to pretend that I know what it's been like for you. I'm sorry you've had to go through all that. :hug::hug::hug:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Elrohiril » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 am

Inwe: :( :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your good wishes everyone! I heart you all. :love: I'll let you know how it goes.
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby lady*of*rohan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:15 am

I'm going home today!! :happydance: :happydance: It's my hometown's homecoming! I'm excited to see everyone!

Of course I'll only be there for one night because this weekend is also my college's homecoming, so I'm coming back for the game.

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby Elrohiril » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:30 pm

*sigh* Well, I suvived. They took out the two left ones. The top one can out fine, the bottom decided to be stubborn and took like half an hour. Grah, my jaw is so sore right now and will get worse as the numbing wears off.

No Vicoden for me. I've got Tramadol. Whatever that is. And the lower tooth turned into a surgical extraction so I got two stitches, my first ones. Yay, go me!
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Tramadol is God's gift to mankind. :whistle: Just sayin'. :P

Glad it went well for you, Ro. Wear thos stitches well and be sure not to rip 'em. :D
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:33 pm

When I had my wisdom teeth out, I got my first (and only, so far :P ) stitches ever. :P

It was very exciting. ;)

Anybody have exciting plans for this weekend? I think I'm going to a Winterhawks game tonight (that would be hockey :P ). :D:D:D

Edited to add: Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm not posting again until this Emporium's finished because I'd like to start the next one with a special post. You know what you need to do - I'll be gone for the next 3 hours or so. ;):P:D:whistle:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby krawler » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Ah, wisdom teeth. I was fortunate enough to be put to sleep while that happened. When I finally came to and my head cleared enough to realize where I was, all four of the little chumps were out clean. You should've seen the x-rays before: all four were on a crash course straight into my back molars. Not since I lost my baby teeth did I really have such a strange sensation when I ran my tongue along the inside of my mouth: four quite empty pits right in the middle of my gums. They've long since closed, but I still find odd the feeling of the scars they've left behind.

Also: post #400 for me! :happydance: I've been skirting the edge of it all week, wondering when it'll happen. Three years in and I'm only 4% of the way to my first shiny. Will this board even still be up in the hundred years it'll take me to get the other 9600?
krawler
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Evenstar_of_Imladris wrote:
Edited to add: Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm not posting again until this Emporium's finished because I'd like to start the next one with a special post. You know what you need to do - I'll be gone for the next 3 hours or so. ;):P:D:whistle:

Oh I see how it is Your Highness. we are just supposed to bow to your wishes and spam up this thread so you can swoop in later and get all the rewards? :P
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Yeah! We've got principles, you know! We're not about to sit here and post just so you can get your jollies by having the first post next time.

Post if you agree with me.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby krawler » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Hear, hear! I'm nobody's pawn!

I'm more like a checker piece. Or one of those marbles in Chinese checkers.

But not a pawn!

...well, maybe a little bit.
krawler
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:42 pm

I myself REFUSE to be manipulated. Imi thinks she can get us to finish the Emporium tonight-- pah. Not happenin'.

Speaking of post count, people have recently been telling me I might be up next for the shineh... but my own post rate, while more embarassingly high than yours, krawler, :P is still not high enough, I don't think. I'll probably need another year.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ServantOfDarkness » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:31 pm

You all are hopeless. :P
ServantOfDarkness
Shield Bearer

Postby Elrohiril » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Ok, I officially HATE Tramadol. :x :x :x

It made me dizzy, puke my guts up, and break out in a hot sweat and then a cold sweat. :( :x *hates* I'm not taking it again.

On a brighter note, I'm feeling fine since the Tramadol wore off, no pain, no swelling and my jaw is only a little sore. I ate pizza earlier. :D Now I'm starting on Ugluk's Holloween costume.

I also refuse to be a pawn in Imi evil plan. *shakes fist* :P
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:30 pm

Hear hear, Ro! I'm glad you, at least, stand with me.

You hear us Imi? We will NOT finish this Emporium just to please you!!

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive