Emporium26 - It's Not Like Corn Mazes Are Exclusive To WA!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Emporium26 - It's Not Like Corn Mazes Are Exclusive To WA!

Postby Ugluk » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:26 pm

This is the 26th Emporium.

Chances are, you have a good idea of what this place is for.

If you don't, you're welcome anyway. A little observation might help.

Cheers! :D
Last edited by Ugluk on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:40 pm

First post!

Is it just me or is that honor just a tad less illustrious now than in times past? :P

:drink:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Ivriniel » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:08 pm

To continue the conversation from the last thread:

Here's a website that sells different styles of prayer coverings and bonnets.

http://plainlydressed.bravepages.com/he ... gfile.html

I'm guessing they sell them to non-Amish collectors or something, since the Amish don't tend to have phones let alone internet access. (Though, on the other hand, I hear the Martin Group Bishop has a cellphone and a laptop in his buggy powered by a generator that runs off his buggy wheels, so who knows? :D)

I'd forgotten that some women wear more opaque prayer coverings than is typical around here.

There's a wide variety of of styles out there. And not everyone who wears prayer coverings wears the whole outfit. I remember some of the girls from the Mennonite High School in Sarasota that came to a Music Festival at my high school who wore prayer coverings with shorts and dress shoes. :D
Ivriniel
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:30 pm

26?
*sniff* They grow up so fast.

Ivvy, I've always wondered what the white coverings were. The black ones were obvious, but even when I had a chance to ask once I didn't.

This is very interestning. :D

BTW: I was thinking of Mr. english latin last night and remembered something that happened to me when I was in high school. I was friends with a girl who was a pathological liar. Now, at the time I didn't realize this, though I knew she liked to tell a story, I never caught her out. But one day she told this whopper about another friend of mine and it was so stupid I called her on it. I even carefully detailed how it couldn't be true...and she stuck by her story, even to the point of looking like a total idiot.

We didn't remain friends long after that.

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby AlexSnitzel » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:16 pm

So umm... this pretty much rocks the universe.

Starbucks sells a $400 espresso machine called the "Barista." It's an amazing little machine, I love it. I've wanted to buy one for awhile. They've been fazed out, and the price was dropped to $70. As staff I got a further 30% discount. Because the one I'm buying was the model version, I'm getting another 10% off. Folks, I'm getting it for about 40 bucks.

And I get a pound of espresso roast a week free anyway.

I'm gonna have a never-ending supply of free shots of espresso at my house.

Zomg. :shock:
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:21 pm

Haha, wow Alex, that's great for you. :D If I drank coffee, I'm sure I'd be very jealous of you. :wink:

...So I basically don't have anything to say besides that, but I wanted to be on the first page. :whistle:

:TORC:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:33 pm

AlexSnitzel wrote:I'm gonna have a never-ending supply of free shots of espresso at my house.

:love: Why don't we have a drooling smiley?

So... I saw Stardust with a friend for her birthday. Hilarious. :)
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby Tethairwen » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:42 pm

*extreme jealousy*
*frantic road-trip plotting*
:D

I've been absolutely exhausted this weekend, for seemingly no good reason. I took two naps today, almost nodded off in church, and I'm still tired and will likely make this an early night to bed. :zzz:

Oh, and I went to Rollag (clicky) yesterday, and had a blast. I even dug out a costume to wear, since quite a few people there get all duded up just for the fun of it.

*wanders off*

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Ivriniel » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:45 pm

AlexSnitzel wrote:So umm... this pretty much rocks the universe.

Starbucks sells a $400 espresso machine called the "Barista." It's an amazing little machine, I love it. I've wanted to buy one for awhile. They've been fazed out, and the price was dropped to $70. As staff I got a further 30% discount. Because the one I'm buying was the model version, I'm getting another 10% off. Folks, I'm getting it for about 40 bucks.

And I get a pound of espresso roast a week free anyway.

So in other words we're going to see you on here at all hours, typing really, really fast? :D

Just remember you have to pay for the electricity and water. ;) Drink too much and it could add up. ;)

IrisBrandybuck wrote:BTW: I was thinking of Mr. english latin last night and remembered something that happened to me when I was in high school. I was friends with a girl who was a pathological liar. Now, at the time I didn't realize this, though I knew she liked to tell a story, I never caught her out. But one day she told this whopper about another friend of mine and it was so stupid I called her on it. I even carefully detailed how it couldn't be true...and she stuck by her story, even to the point of looking like a total idiot.

Oh yeah. I'm quite convinced that Mr. English Latin is a pathological liar. He said some things that are demonstratably not true, but just keeps repeating them over and over, and runs down anyone who points out how he is wrong.
Ivriniel
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:58 pm

Yeah Alex, I saw an article not too long ago about a girl who was hospitalized after drinking too much espresso. So...beware. :shock:

Nice, Teth. :thumbsup:

In other news, I haven't eaten in two days, and my roommate keeps telling me I'm going to die if I don't eat soon. Which I thought was pretty funny, because if you've ever had a stomach virus, you'll know that food is the last thing you want or need.

E_E, I wanted to see Stardust!!! :( But unfortunately it came out around the same time as Rush Hour 3 and I only had time to see one movie before heading to Florida. Now I don't have a car and as far as I know there aren't any theaters closer than 20 minutes away.

*sigh*

Hopefully my roommate will be able to get her car over Christmas break. Apparently her mom wouldn't let her bring it. Silly parents. :x
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:42 pm

AlexSnitzel wrote:I'm gonna have a never-ending supply of free shots of espresso at my house.

I think one of these days we might see Alex go on a posting spree of which the likes have never been seen before.

Teth wrote:stuff

We've had a drive-by Tething!!!! :shock:

Edit: My sister just emailed me. Today they went to a church we used to go to. At the end, one of the pastors got up and delivered this cheery little gem:

The Pastor wrote:If you're going to hell, you should read the Bible anyway, so you can get to know Satan, who you'll be spending eternity with.

This is why I don't attend this church anymore.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Ellehcim » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Ack! I almost missed the opening of a new Emporium. :shock:

That would have been a sad day.

Anyway. As there is too much from the last thread to respond to, I'm just going to start fresh from this thread.

Hope you feel better, Elfy! :hug:

Teth! That costume is so pretty! :love: I'm glad you had so much fun. :D

What have I been up to, you ask? Well, mostly school, obsessing over Big Brother, and this.

The end for now!

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:11 am

Cool, Alex! :thumbsup:
*drive by post*

Always...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Tethairwen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:21 am

Elfy - :hug: Hope you feel better soon. Being sick is teh aweful. :(
Btw, what do you think of the college experience so far? And how is Florida as a place to live?

Ugluk wrote:We've had a drive-by Tething!!!! :shock:

Zomg! We have! :shock: :whistle: :D

Elle wrote:Teth! That costume is so pretty! :love: I'm glad you had so much fun. :D

Thanks! :D I went again today, though I didn't dress up this time. Fun times. :)

*waves to Iris as she flies by* :hihi:

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:38 am

So, um... hi.

Nice picture, Teth! :D Hope you had loads of fun. :P

Elfy, I was thinking the same thing-- does Elfy know what "morning sickness" means? :shock: Hope you feel better soon. :( :hug:

Alex, you didn't answer my question. Are you looking to take CSCE 102? :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:59 am

Yes BT, we've been over that. :roll:

Thanks, Teth. I think Florida's pretty nice; it's much prettier than Illinois. The humidity sucks, of course, but it's not too bad. In fact, one of my professors said that Tampa has never gotten over 100 degrees. I'd show you some pictures, but photobucket seems to have decided not to work today. :roll:

Speaking of which, I just rode my bike to USF, which is 4 miles from FC. I was hoping to go to the Panera there, but by the time I got there and asked where it was (on the other side of campus, apparently), I was too tired to care anymore. Oh well, maybe some other time, now that I know how to get there. Anyway, if I can ride around in Tampa heat for two hours, anyone can.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby AlexSnitzel » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:28 pm

Alex, you didn't answer my question. Are you looking to take CSCE 102?

Sorry hehe, didn't mean to ignore ya! Umm not sure. That sounds more computer-sciency than anything I was planning on going into. You're involved in the class I suppose then yes?

It would be incredibly strange in a cool way to have you as a teacher. I'd be very tempted to toss things at you. :P

Just came back from Indian! I go to this little family-run place near my house. I always have the same waiter, and he waits on the entire restaurant. I love it! I usually go with the same friend, she's one of my only friends who like Indian. I don't understand it, it's heavenly! BT, you should try it! It's just off Broad River road, near the I20 exit, called the Dehli Palace. It's attached to a seedy motel. :P

And if you have to go to the bathroom, you have to go into the motel to do it. :D

*sits on Teth*

Road trip, yes!!
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:00 pm

My sister's cat broke his pelvis. :(

We still don't know how it happened. The vet thinks he got hit by a car, but there's a house going up next door with lots of scaffolding, and we think the clumsy goofball fell off and landed on his bum. So now he has to lie down all the time (he's only a year old, so he's still got lots of restless kitten in him) and take medicine to try to make his pelvis heal.

So I guess it sounds kind of weird to ask for prayer for an animal, but my sister's had terrible luck with cats (first was neurotic and died, second was stupid and died, third was a brat and died) and she really loves this one so he'd better get better. He's doing some better-- at first he was panting all the time, now he's breathing a lot more smoothly-- but he still can't move very well at all.

Also, on a distinctly less serious note, I got the second season of Ghost in the Shell, and when I finished watching the first disk, I watched a few of the trailers. One of them was for one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. :shock: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See for yourselves!

Only in anime. :thumbsup:

-(----
Last edited by balrogthane on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:04 pm

Alex - I would be incredibly jealous of you if I were able to drink coffee. :shock: That's awesome.

Oooh... pretty costume, Teth. :D :love:

Elfy - I hope you feel better very quickly. :hug:

I'll be praying for your sister's kitty, BT. That has to be very rough on any animal. :( :hug:s for her as well.
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_Elfstone » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:56 pm

elf-maiden wrote: The humidity sucks

Hah. Try coming to DC. *hates humidity*

:hug: BT Poor kitty. :(

So... my last night of freedom, and I'm on TORC. Kinda sad, innit? :P
Evenstar_Elfstone
Ringbearer

Postby Ivriniel » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:45 pm

Ugluk wrote:
The Pastor wrote:If you're going to hell, you should read the Bible anyway, so you can get to know Satan, who you'll be spending eternity with.

This is why I don't attend this church anymore.

Could be worse. My mother once asked the old pastor at my old church if he could use the word disabled instead of handicapped. His response was to pull out his Bible and point to the places where the Bible translators in the 70's had used the word. :roll:

Then the next Sunday, he went off on a tangent about "political correctness" in his sermon, and even said "Some people say we shouldn't use the word handicapped, but it's in the Bible!" :x

Fortunately my parents were away that Sunday. Otherwise I think he might have been hit in the head with a flying hymnal.

Then on another occasion, he made a racist joke from the pulpit. :shock:

He's not a pastor anymore.
Ivriniel
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:06 am

HeeHee, Ivvy, in a sad sort of way. I guess it's funny because it is sad. *sigh*

BT: that isn't silly. When you love something, even a cat, God understands that and accepts those prayers as much as he would a prayer for a human. I'm always praying for protection for our menangerie of animals. Give your sister a :hug: from me, will you?

Argh.

Well, how was everyone's holliday (here in the US we had Monday off)? I went to my aunt's farm and enjoyed that...funny story time. My cousin J. is a reclusive person. Very nice guy, he just prefers home and the farm to the rest of the world. So some people are surprised he even exists. Anyhow, I had been telling them my job troubles and remarked, at the end of the story, that I think I would prefer to stay home and never interract with people again. He looked up from the newspaper he was reading and said, "yup, works for me!" and gave this really wicked grin...

Ok, I suppose you had to be there.

I also had an argument with a Dell representative, considered murdering someone on principle, and started writing a really fantastic story...and this time I not only know the beginning and middle, I even know how it's going to end! :D

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby balrogthane » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:24 am

With you standing over his mangled body, blood dripping from your hands, laughing maniacally? :D

Oops... spoilers...

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:31 am

That isn't how the story I'm writing is going go end, but the murder I'm planning? Well...

I considered killing the Dell rep while I was at it. I couldn't believe how ponderously stupid she was being.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby balrogthane » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:45 am

Oh. HER mangled body. Sorry 'bout that. :P

Alex, I'm not actually teaching this semester-- I'm working at IMI instead, developing their website. It pays a little bit better and has much more flexible hours. But I hope to teach again at some point. And CSCE 102 is not techy at all. :P You probably know everything in it already; it's just XHTML, CSS, and JavaScript. About the only thing you'd be likely to learn is a little about the w3schools standards, if even that...

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby AlexSnitzel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:51 am

balrogthane wrote:With you standing over his mangled body, blood dripping from your hands, laughing maniacally? :D

Oops... spoilers...

-(----

I hope that wasn't a HP reference because if I find out one more thing about the end of that book I will scream. :P But as it was vague I'll let it slide. ;) ;) And probably wasn't about HP but it has given me a nice opportunity to vent about it lol.

I'm on page 500 and various people have told me *everyone* who dies. Every.body. It makes me upset. Just because I didn't have time to read through it in the first couple of days (or weeks) doesn't mean that I want to be informed of so and so who dies when this or that happens argh. :P This one girl, I almost slapped her.... hehe.

BT, you're right I probably wouldn't get much out of the CSCE class... hehe.

Do you like Indian? You should try out the place I mentioned a few posts up. :wink:
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby Ugluk » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:33 pm

Thanks to TORC, Alex, I found out about Dumbledore dying before I'd read Half-Blood Prince. I feel your pain.

In unrelated news, my life just became insanely complicated. Due to many reasons that are far too complex to be explained here, I almost certainly can't live at home now. Mostly because of my job, and because that up until this point my family has been on assisted living because my mom is a single mother with 8 kids...so my income would royally screw things up. There are about 14 other conflicting factors so it's much more complicated than that....but basically, when I get back to my hometown on the 20th, I can't stay at home any longer. So I get to figure out a place to live from Reno, Nevada. Even though I'll only be at home 10 days a month for the next three months. So....yeah.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:17 am

Buy a big van, park in the driveway and get a P.O. Box.

:hug: Ugluk

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby balrogthane » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:12 am

Yikes, dude! Good luck with that.

Although I would note that "assisted living" is what your great-aunt goes into when she needs a little help looking after herself. :P

Alex, not a big fan of Indian. Even less of seedy motels attached thereunto. ;) I'll stick with my home cooking. :D

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby AlexSnitzel » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:13 pm

BT, dude dude dude you have no idea what you are missing! There's this one dish that you get, it's a metal bowl of creamy red sauce, it's not spicey, though can get it spicey - there are big chunks of cheese in it. You can either put it over rice (which has delicious seeds in it) or dip bread in it and eat it that way. You must go!!!! :D

Ugluk... wow, that really really sucks.
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive