Emporium26 - It's Not Like Corn Mazes Are Exclusive To WA!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:08 pm

I loved Ana Gasteyer as Elphaba when I saw Wicked in Chicago one of the times. I would totally love it if they got her, even though I know they won't. Her singing voice maybe wasn't as strong as Idina's but her speaking voice was just incredibly perfect.
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:50 pm

I'm having a House party tonight. :rofl:

Erm...I'm easily amused. ;)

It is sunshiney and wonderful outside today! I love fall. :love:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:05 pm

Party at Imi's! I'll bring the keg!!

:roll:

I'm doing nothing tonight except sleeping.

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:17 am

*is just now watching House*

It's awful! :shock: First there's the delay, and now the connection here is too crappy to keep the video streaming steadily for more than a minute at a time. :x
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Rinon » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Hmmmph.

That is all
Rinon
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Wow, I was almost sure you had died this time. Well, this must be remedied. *shoves Rin off Orthanc*

*brushes off hands*

So, I have way too much to do this weekend. It's only Wednesday and I'm already stressing about it. Going to try to finish one of my papers...we'll see how that goes. :|
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Rin! *glomp* :D

Urg, Elfy. :( :hug: I hope the paper-thing goes well for you. Oddly enough I've found that this year I have a ton of time on my hands since I'm actually organizing myself. I have no idea what to do. :P I wish you "suffered" from my problem. :hug:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 pm

Elfy - Eep! Good luck with your workload this week! :hug:

It is autumnal and wonderful outside! I love fall - it's my favorite season. :love:

I have an urge to go to a pumpkin patch or a cider mill or a corn maze... :love:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Oh I know, Imi! Me too! Boo work and school.

You know, in years past that post would be all we needed to set up a fall festival right here in the Emporium... :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Thanks, I wish so too, Birdy. :D

And I just finished writing one paper. It was the easier one, but it still took a few hours... At least it's done. 8)

It hasn't felt like fall here much yet. Today it was in the 80s at least, and has been for the last week or so. It's a little cooler at night of course, but not much. Still, pumpkin patches sound nice. One of the things I least liked about living in Tampa is the lack of seasons - most notably fall. It's always green there! I went to Alabama for Thanksgiving last year and was like...color!!!1 :love: So I'm looking forward to it this year.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Was that a veiled hint, BT? ;)

*sets up a fall festival*

*throws rotten pumpkins at everyone and gives out shady, unwrapped candy*

:whistle:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Inwe-Taralom » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:17 pm

It's sort of fall here...60-70s, gonna rain for several days soon...

But Elfy, I sorta feel your pain. I'm nearly having panic attacks all the time, due to how my schooling now is...It makes me manage my time for the first time in over a year. Which is not going well at all, let me tell you. Thank goodness for Underoath... :| I'm too much like Aaron Gillespie for my own good; he has loads of anxiety issues, too. :(

Oh, and I'm at my "craving chocolate time" so I have loads of it right here in my room, Imi. :P

EDIT: EHHH, I'm not much liking my current postcount... :| (it was at 1666 right after I posted this)
Inwe-Taralom
Ranger of the North

Postby lady*of*rohan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Was that a veiled hint, BT? Wink

*sets up a fall festival*

*throws rotten pumpkins at everyone and gives out shady, unwrapped candy*

Oh my gosh!!! Is the emporium back to it's glory days?

*throws on plaid shirt and quickly braids hair into pig tails.*

Some how it doesn't seem the same. I wonder why. Have we grown out of our festive ways?

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:33 pm

I love this weather, it's just ideal. :love: The perfect mix of not-too-hot and not-too-breezy. :D

*is counting down to meeting BT tomorrow* :D :D :D
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:24 pm

An ominous scarecrow looms over the scene. Something flits across the moon, and fog oozes from the woods with almost palpable malevolence. In the distance, a dog howls... surely it's a dog, just a dog... that howl sounds nothing like the wail of a lost soul, on the prowl to satiate an unholy hunger. The clouds twist into tombstones and pentagrams.

Yes, this night is shaping up to be something very special. Only a week to go-

"Ahem. It's a month and a week to Halloween, not a week."

The scarecrow gives an apologetic twitch, the bat squeaks in dismay and runs into a tree. The clouds shuffle away into indistinct shapes again. From somewhere over the nearby hill, a howl breaks off into an embarassed coughing fit. The fog becomes merely a cool mist.

"That was cool!" pipes up Rohy, who is wrapped in a plaid shirt at least three sizes too big. "How'd you do that?"

BT winks at her. "I, ah, I know the narrator."

Elfy harrumphs. "Bet you can't do anything useful."

Suddenly, it begins to rain. On Elfy. Only on Elfy.

"I beg to differ," BT says smugly.

"Cheater." Inwe hands her an umbrella and she accepts, muttering.

"Anyway, before the atmosphere interrupted, I was saying we need to have a fun, respectable autumn event. Unlike Imi over there." BT points to where Imi has a ramshackle lean-to on the side of the house, festooned with broken and rotting pumpkins. She is currently deep in discussion with a twitchy man carrying large Wal-Mart bags and wearing a trench coat; both keep glancing over their shoulders. In the silence they can overhear some of the conversation.

"So that's just a [murmur] for these [mumble] with the, uh, little extra [mutter]?"

"Yeah, yeah, you gets everythin' up front wit Rinon, he's allus dependable."

BT coughs. "Anyway... she clearly needs intervention. And what better way to pull her back from her evil ways than to offer an alternative? She will see what autumn is really all about! We'll remind her and then have a happy festival together, to celebrate the true meaning of fall!!"

"I think you're getting this confused with Christmas," Birdy observes.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:53 pm

balrogthane wrote:

Nothing new there. :roll:

*carves pumpkin*

elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 pm

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll...um...post something else tomorrow.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:24 am

BT!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your always good for a laugh.

BT stares at Birdy and goes red in the faced, clearly embarrassed.

"I ahh...you can be festive about fall...if errr, um." BT mumbled trying to cover his mistake.

"Of course you can! He just knows that the true meaning of fall is waiting for the Great Pumpkin! Right BT?" Rohy said trying to help him out.

"Yeah, that's what this was all about. I'm surprised you guys didn't figure that out." He said going back to his smug self.

"Oh, right. Of course that's what you were talking about." Elfy rolls her eyes. Right at that moment thunder is heard and a lightening bolt strikes above her head. She screams and hides in the barn, where for some odd reason it's still raining. BT laughs so hard he is starting to cry.

Inwe, taking pity on Elfy, smacks BT in the arm and tells him to knock it off.

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:44 am

:roll:

So, Tuesday night I was driving down the road, on my way to church. I was going around 35, maybe 40 mph. Since I live in the city, there are stop lights every few blocks. The road I was on is a two-lane, and I was in the left. Ahead of me, the light is green. So I continue on my way...and this moron pulls out from a road on the right, attempting to cross both roads (there is another two-lane going the opposite direction). Right in front of me! They are not speeding, were clearly not trying to make it across quickly. It was as if they weren't aware the light, from their side, was red, or that I was there at all. They were just driving along like the morons they are.

Anyway, as much as they deserve to be t-boned, I did not wish 1) to have a death on my hands (I have more important things to worry about) 2) a totalled car or 3) to be in the hospital myself. So I swerved to the left. Normally I would have been swerving into on-coming traffic, but there was a turn lane space there, so I was lucky. Even with all that, I must have missed them by mere inches; I was really surprised there wasn't any scraping.

The worse part is, because it happened so quickly, I wasn't even able to honk my horn or roll down my window to curse them to the depths of Hell.

>-O
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Inwe-Taralom » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:50 am

Haha, you guys really know me too well. :lol: I might post something tonight if I find myself stress-free early again. :|

Aww, Elfy, aggravating things just keep happening to you, don't they? :( BT sure doesn't help... :P
Inwe-Taralom
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:26 am

Imi quickly stows her new treasures away in her purse and heads back over to the rest of the group. She has a tender, motherly look on her face and a golden light seems to fall around only her (perhaps the sunshine behind Elfy's rain cloud? Who knows?). And is that...no, it can't be. A...halo around her head?

"Hello my dears!" Imi called, waving a hand lightly at her beloved brood. "...candy corn, anyone?"

(Elfy - How frightening! :shock: My aunt and I were driving about a year and a half ago and she turned around because she forgot something at home and wasn't really paying attention and t-boned someone and they went spinning away - very scary! I'm glad you're okay. :hug: )
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Elrohiril » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:07 pm

balrogthane wrote:An ominous scarecrow looms over the scene. Something flits across the moon, and fog oozes from the woods with almost palpable malevolence. In the distance, a dog howls... surely it's a dog, just a dog... that howl sounds nothing like the wail of a lost soul, on the prowl to satiate an unholy hunger. The clouds twist into tombstones and pentagrams.

-(----

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yay for Fall, my favorite time of year! *can't wait for crunchy leaves to step on*

I've really got to go to a corn maze this year, haven't been to one yet. :(

Elfy: I'm glad you decided not to smush stupid drivers, we'd hate to lose you. :hug:
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Inwe-Taralom » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Inwe asks BT while pointing at the barn, "Is there anything we can to for her?" But not really expecting any help for her friend, sadly.

Suddenly, a howl can be heard again. Everyone jumps...except for Inwe, who rolls her eyes.

"It's just my dog, guys!" A small, furry, white dog trots in. "See? He's harmless...he hates to be left alone...hence the howling." She winks, then fusses over her best bud, Joey, who pretty much tries to make out with her. She puts up with it for a while, but has to pull away from him, laughing as she does. "You're a goof...but a lovable one." She smiles. Joe's pulling a doggy-grin.

Inwe decides to pick him up. "Oof, you are heavy though..." Joey just looks at her like nothing's wrong, and she sighs heavily.

"Have I been ignoring you guys?" They all nod. "Oh crap..." she mumbles.

(Was that okay? :| Ugh, I just had to go shopping for a simple white hoodie for Penn State's white-out game on Saturday. I hate shopping... *groans*)
Inwe-Taralom
Ranger of the North

Postby Elrohiril » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Ro laughs at the people who were scared by the dog.

"Ah ha ha, I mock you. Anyway, I have BIG NEWS. No, BT, I am not getting married. :P As some of you know, my little sister and tried out for a play on Tuesday. Today we got the message that we got in! :D Her first play. I'm so proud."

Ro sniffs and wipes a tear away. "My little baby sister is all grown up."

Anyway, carry on with the pumpkin fight. *throws pumpkin at BT and Birdy for M00ting without the rest of us*
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Hellooo. :D I am currently posting from Birdy's computer. 8) Well, actually her mom's computer.

*shifty eyes*

Anyway, we did Bush Gardens today and it was LOADS of fun. :D We did Apollo's Chariot (a tall, undulating coaster), Loch Ness (a very loopy one), The Big Bad Wolf (a relatively restrained older one), and Alpengeist (a very twisted coaster, with multiple corkscrews). We rode on the front on Alpengeist and Loch Ness. 8) 8) 8)

Birdy screams very loudly. ;)

Anyway, RPness tomorrow night or something.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:30 am

I'm so jealous of the mootness!

I love Bush Gardens. All those rides are so fun! I love Apollo's Chariot. Did you guy go on the Dar Castle ride? That was a lot of fun!

I got my hair cut today! It's short. Like right above my shoulders short. Which is crazy because yesterday it was half way down my back!

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Heh, we did go on Curse of DarkCastle. We looked at each other after we came out and said, "Epic fail."

<_<
>_>

Birdy's dad loved it though.

In BT's absence, the preparation for Imi's redemption has become somewhat derailed. Ro is chucking rotten pumpkins like a fast-action catapult, Inwe is messing with a small dog, and Elfy is taking pictures of Imi feeding Rohy something. Rohy plops down with a vacant expression, then climbs into the hayloft with cries of "I'm a beetle! I'm a beetle!" Attempts to convince her to reemerge are ineffective.

Birdy and BT reappear with a small pop! like an imploding plot hole. One of Ro's pumpkins catches BT full in the face (Birdy, quicker on the uptake as always, ducked behind him as soon as she saw Ro).

"Hey!" splutters BT. "What's that about?"

"Do I have to have a reason?" Ro inquires. Her civility is given the lie, though, by a maniacal grin and another pumpkin in her hand.

"Yes!" demands Birdy. It seems she was not entirely spared from the rotten pumpkin, as one of the sizable chunks that ricocheted off BT pasted her.

"Well, then... for m00ting without the rest of us!" Ro proclaims, beaming. Another pumpkin follows this.

"Well, then, you'll have other problems," BT informs her.

"Like...?"

"Oh, I don't know... Birdy might sneak up behind you and drop a REALLY big pumpkin right on your head."

"Oh, yeah, right, I'd see her if she-"

*PLOP*

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:58 pm

:twisted:

*also drops a link to all her pictures from the m00t on Ro's head*

:rotfl: :rotfl:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:28 am

Laughs at all that has transpired in a few short minutes.

And sidles out of the picture.

;)

I put my two week's notice in at my job at the mall today. :happydance:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Okay people, this is just pathetic.

I raised you all better than this! :P
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive