Emporium26 - It's Not Like Corn Mazes Are Exclusive To WA!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 pm

I am! I want to be there. :( My dad got to go. Lucky. They're talking about climate change and "global warming" again. :roll: I want to smack them, wasting time and breath like that. It's going pretty well though.

There's also a House marathon on! :D Which I will go back to watching after the dabates...
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Cool. 8) How long is the debate going to go for?

I'll probably look it up on YouTube or something.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:43 pm

AH!! House! :shock: I'm pretty sure I won't be able to watch it, though. Family's around and I was scolded for recording it before. :roll: I did just get to watch the second episode of this season of House, though. :'(

Is Alias good (or should I rather ask "how good is Alias?" :P)?

I'm watching the VP debate. Seems to me it's far and away better than the Presidential debate was.
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:47 pm

Alias is.... interesting. The acting is actually pretty good. A lot of the episodes are pretty formulaic, but it's good overall. So far, anyway-- I'm still in the first season. :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Ah. That kind of reminds me of Psych. It's first season was excellent, second season was ok, and the third season is rather meh. Although it would be cool if it didn't follow that pattern. :P
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:52 pm

I'm sure that's a common pattern. Lost definitely followed it. :P The first season was some of the most fantastic storytelling I have EVER seen. Halfway through the second season the scriptwriters discovered some new designer drug or something, and conspired to abuse their viewers. Halfway through the third season J. J. Abrams took away their drugs and things got better.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:52 pm

House and The Office are pretty much the only TV shows I watch currently. When/If 24 comes back on, I'll watch that, of course. I've heard good things about too many shows though...can't watch all of them. I thought Pushing Daisies looked kind of cool...
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Yeah, I hear you! People are always telling me "Oh, you have to watch _____, it's hilarious/awesome/clever."

A few that have been very highly recommended by various people:
Battlestar Galactica
Burn Notice
North and South
The Office
Psych
Sharpe's Rifles
Supernatural

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Currently I watch The Office and House. I'm also following (but they're not on now) Burn Notice, Psych, and Monk. And I'm watching back episodes of Scrubs (and House), and I sporadically fangirl M*A*S*H.

I was recommending TV shows to my Grandfather last time I called him and he asked me how I ever got aything done besides watching TV. :rotfl: Maybe I need to think a bit on his words. :roll:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Oh, yeah, and Monk. That one too. :P

I have to admit that while I'm not addicted to TV shows, I am addicted to webcomics. *shifty eyes* I think I have thirty I follow...

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:06 pm

Pfft! Drop that one and start following one worthy of your time. :P The only reason I keep up with it is because our family's been following it since Season 3 and they're not quite ready to give up on it yet. The past two seasons have been pathetic, though.

Thirty?? :shock: Are you serious? My sister follows a zillion webcomics. I sporadically follow a handful. But they're all the best. ;) :D
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:12 pm

...yes... it might be more. Of course, it's easy to do when you just fill a folder with them and open them all at once. Fortunately, my computer can handle it now-- my previous computer couldn't handle opening more than five at once. :roll:

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Ah, nothing better than a good webcomic. I still haven't finished 8-Bit. :oops: <_< QC, XKCD, and Headtrip win though. :heart:

I've seen Monk. It's pretty good, but not something I'd get addicted to. Everyone seems to love Battlestar Galactica, and I'd be interested in watching it...I just don't want to buy or rent it, and I can't find it online. Oh well, maybe someday. :P 30 Rock is supposed to be awesome as well - Tina Fey's pretty much a genius.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 pm

Yeah, Head Trip is amazing. So much of it is exactly what I'd love to be able to do. :rofl: :rofl: XKCD is pure win. And QC... brilliantly funny, great art. Too bad there's so much unnecessary stuff in it. :(

*makes banner*

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:22 pm

Yeah, about QC. >_> I still haven't started that one yet. I meant to over the summer, but then this paper-thingy came up. :roll: I also never read 8-Bit. :blush:

Megatokyo and OotS are also win. :love:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Not started QC? :shock: :nono: :wink:

What banner are you making, Miss Sparkly?
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 pm

OotS is one of the greatest. :rofl: Funny, clever, imaginative... not great in the art department, of course. :P And it's too bad so many people won't get it because of all the D&D stuff.

Who's going to see An American Carol? :D

[edit]I know, it's shameful, Elfy. :( And the banner is for Iris' shineh.[/edit]

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:32 pm

I know, Elfy. *shame* :(

Yeah, I don't do any D&D so I find myself guessing and filling in the blanks a lot. But it's still great! :D

I want to see it! But I'm not sure how I'll be able to wrangle my family out to see it. Although I could probably convince my Dad seeing it in the theatres would be a good idea from just showing him the trailer. :D *plots* :twisted:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:35 pm

I'm going to see American Carol, for sure. :D I might even be able to write an article on it for the campus newspaper. I should be able to, since I wrote one for the piece of crap that is Choke. :P It's going to rock.

*has never heard of OotS*
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:39 pm

OotS

Order of the Stick. Pure win. It's about a band of D&D adventurers (at least I think it is). :D
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:40 pm

Order of the Stick is a Dungeons & Dragons webcomic, but don't let that put you off-- the writing is good, the characters are great, and it's really funny. Clever jokes, too, not just the same old webcomic jokes over and over. It's one of the older comics, too, which is kind of unfortunate-- many younger, lesser comics have attempted to follow in its stick-figure shoes, so it may seem less clever than otherwise. :P

I can't post in the Banner thread anymore... :(

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:43 pm

iharthdarth was also the best. :D

I'll have to check out OotS. I've never been into D&D, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Oh, yes, iharthdarth was incredible. :D I have several dozen of those saved to my computer. It was so sad when it ended. :(

If I could figure it out, Elfy, then you can to. I'm probably the most clueless person as far as D&D and gaming in general is concerned, but I "get" this comic. :D
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Yes, it was quite sad. :(

And yay! :D Now I have something else to distract me from studying! :P
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:56 pm

Excellent. Birdy, our mission here is complete. =:)

Calvin & Hobbes, of course, is the ultimate non-webcomic. Nothing can compete with its awesomeness.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:58 pm

Yes. In other news....

18,000!!1 :horse: :D
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Wow, and here I am at a mere 8,6 someodd. :P

I don't know if I've 'figured out' the problem with the banner thread, but it looks like Opera can post there-- it shows the PHP error where the topic review pane is supposed to go. So I think there's been some sort of change somewhere in the code which caused it to break. :|

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:30 pm

ShadowSwallow wrote:Ah. That kind of reminds me of Psych. It's first season was excellent, second season was ok, and the third season is rather meh. Although it would be cool if it didn't follow that pattern. :P

I watched Psych on your recommendation and found this to be so. :cry2:

The first season was AMAZING, though. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Miss Sparkly, I watched Alias with my dad back when it was actually good. The first few seasons are pretty entertaining but it gets horrible and stupid after a while. When it gets there, it's really not worth sticking around to have things cleared up. Believe me.

*still gets depressed at any mention of iharthdarth* :'(:'(

That was genius.

And Birdy, read QC, now! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: Before 8BT or anything else! QC! Immediately! It enriches lives! Makes this a better world! GO! :P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:17 am

Elfy wrote:*has never heard of OotS*

*has never heard of web comics*

:whistle:

And it almost felt like the old Emporium in here... :love::cry::love:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:35 am

Yeah. WEIRD.

So I went to Portland and back, to pick up my grandparents on their return from Hawaii. Once we got back to their house, they gave me fifty bucks. Now, considering I went over and mowed their lawn every week for a month, and had to pay for the gas to drive over there, that's not really a lot of money. But on the other hand, if they'd said "Hey, Ugluk, would you come over and mow the lawn for us every week and we can't pay you?" I would have said "Yeah, why not?" and done it anyway. So basically, it was like, one moment I had nothing, and then suddenly I had fifty bucks. Yay!

I got sick of 8-Bit Theatre quite awhile ago. Nothing really was happening and they kept recycling jokes. So I quit reading it. Questionable Content, XKCD, Cyanide and Happiness, Head Trip, etc. are frequently checked for me. I've found a few new ones of debatable quality, so I'm investigating.

Battlestar Galactica is an AWESOME show. I have seasons 2 and 3 on DVD, will be getting season 1 shortly, and will get season 4 when it comes out.

Burn Notice is epic, and made of win.

House, however, rules the known universe.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive