Emporium26 - It's Not Like Corn Mazes Are Exclusive To WA!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby balrogthane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:52 am

I think part of the reason for the Emporium's varying fortunes is our use of IM. When the Emporium takes off, I'm discussing things here instead of on IM, even though the people I'm discussing things with are almost always on IM. If we took away IM, the Emporium would probably stay much busier much longer. At least with the present members.

8BT did get boring. I'm still reading it because 1) you get some very interesting newsposts sometimes and 2) every couple of weeks a funny comic DOES still happen.

Imi, you can probably stay away from webcomics completely. You have a life and like it that way. ;) :P

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:41 am

As apposed to BT who is completely lifeless... :shock: ZOMBIE!!!!!

I for one really loved Alias. I watched every episode even when it got kinda weird. I had to know how it would end and I'm not disappointed that I did. I love Alias! Marshall's character is enough reason to watch it him self!

Other than that I watch LOST and Friends. Not too much else.

huggles
:angel: Rohy
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:47 am

Yep, pretty much zombified over here. BRAAAAAINS. :P

*reads The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock*

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:23 am

BT

:rofl: :rofl:

I hope someone recognizes that!

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby balrogthane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:37 am

Yes I recognize it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Whedon forever!! :horse:

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:33 am

I don't really read 8BT anymore -- I got tired of it. I do, however, go back and read the old archives, which are just as funny the 11th or 12th time you read them. :rofl:

The new ones just don't cut it. :'(

Firefly is an awesome show too. Just sayin'. :P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby balrogthane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:35 am

Firefly is probably the greatest TV show I've ever seen. Yes even House. :love:

Our tragic love for it is made so much more poignant by its criminally short run and the impossibility of revisiting, thanks to the heresy of Serenity. :x :x

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Well if you know anything about Whedon, you know that was pretty much inevitable. He's quite fond of killing off beloved characters.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:15 pm

balrogthane wrote:
Imi, you can probably stay away from webcomics completely. You have a life and like it that way. ;) :P

Why yes, yes I do. :P

There aren't enough hours in a day to throw web comics onto the pile. I don't know how any of you fit it in, much less 10 of them. :P

I'd have to quit my job to do that. Which, of course, is always a welcome option. Any excuse to quit my job (assuming I'm still getting money from somewhere anyway) is a good one. :P

*eats Easy Cheese*

Yes, I like that stuff. ;)

And I watched a couple of episodes of Firefly with my roommate and I'm afraid that I mocked it mercilessly. My roommate didn't mind (hey, I was funny :P ), but I just couldn't get into it. :P

*kills IM so everybody has to post here*

:whistle:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Now, considering I went over and mowed their lawn every week for a month, and had to pay for the gas to drive over there, that's not really a lot of money. But on the other hand, if they'd said "Hey, Ugluk, would you come over and mow the lawn for us every week and we can't pay you?"

Thats nothing, whenever my Grandmother sends me a birthday card she includes $5. The same amount she would give me when I was a kid. <shrugs>
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:07 pm

My grandmother used to sent me $10 for my birthday, but now she's died my grandfather forgets my birthday entirely. :roll:

Heresy, Imi! :shock: :shock: Repent! Repent! *tar and feathers loom*

Everyone's seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, right? :whistle:
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Honestly Imi, how can you not like Firefly? I mean, it's not meant to be taken seriously, but it's still amazing. :heart:

My grandparents can't afford to give me birthday money anymore. :P
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Inwe-Taralom » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:04 pm

Evenstar_of_Imladris wrote:
*eats Easy Cheese*

Yes, I like that stuff. ;)

Dude, so do I! :D

oldtoby wrote:
Now, considering I went over and mowed their lawn every week for a month, and had to pay for the gas to drive over there, that's not really a lot of money. But on the other hand, if they'd said "Hey, Ugluk, would you come over and mow the lawn for us every week and we can't pay you?"

Tha'ts nothing, whenever my Grandmother sends me a birthday card she includes $5. The same amount she would give me when I was a kid. <shrugs>

ShadowSwallow wrote:My grandmother used to sent me $10 for my birthday, but now she's died my grandfather forgets my birthday entirely. :roll:

elf-maiden wrote:My grandparents can't afford to give me birthday money anymore. :P

I feel really, really spoiled now...I get $100 from my grandparents...from each side of the family. :whistle: And we're nowhere near rich, especially now with all the medical stuff. I do have a rich uncle though...but who doesn't? :razz:

Anyway, I feel so lost in this thread now; my eyes hurt from all the reading. :razz: I just got a game for the Wii today (my first one). I'm gonna try it out tomorrow...should be interesting. I'll feel like I really am farming. :rofl:
Inwe-Taralom
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:12 pm

I do have a rich uncle though...but who doesn't?

I don't :P
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:37 pm

I do. :P Not that I get things from him though.

And all of my grandparents have passes away. So no cards from them.

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby Ugluk » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 pm

lady*of*rohan wrote:I do. :P Not that I get things from him though.

Same here. :roll:

Hopefully someday I'll be a rich uncle and I'll buy awesome and illegal things for my nieces and nephews.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:56 am

I have a quasi-rich uncle. That simply means he's not fabulously wealthy, he just happens to be the person in our family that makes the most. :P

And I never said I took Firefly seriously, I just mocked it. A lot. :P

*doesn't recant her position on Firefly*

;)

No corn maze tonight - it was rainy. I still wanted to go and get stuck in the mud in the middle of a corn field, but apparently nobody else liked that idea. Instead we crammed 9 people into our living room and played games instead. :D
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby balrogthane » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:04 am

Elfy... there are some people who just wilfully refuse to change their sadly mistaken minds. There is naught we can do for them. ;)

Being a rich uncle would be fun. I'll probably end up being a poor uncle who tries to bum stuff off his relatives and goes to family gatherings only for the free food.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:44 am

Oh...don't be one of those uncles BT. Nobody likes that uncle! :shock:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:51 am

Such high hopes!

So last night I watched Rocky Horror Picture Show with my friends. I had never seen it. That is one messed up movie! Funny though.

Today I'm doing a photo shoot with the same friends. :)

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby ShadowSwallow » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:58 pm

I have a rich uncle. Well, he's not rich, but he acts like it. And he owns a recording studio. But, yeah, nothing from him. Ever. At all. :P And I can't really complain about my grandfather, because he's going to be paying for my college... but it would be nice if he remembered. :P (I got $50 from my aunt and $20 from my other grandmother for my birthday, though. :D)

So does anyone here besides Luthy and I sew? Today I went to JoAnn Fabrics today and scored 4 yards of fabric and two patterns for only $20. :D :D Twirly skirt making, here I come!
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:36 pm

So I dropped my cell phone in a glass of water last night. Urg.

It is toast now. I have to get a new one. And what makes me mad is that the phone I have now is super nice (yay for free upgrades every two years! :P ) so there's no way I'm getting the same one again. Lame.

I might've found one on craigslist, but I don't know how I feel about getting a phone from someone I don't know and that their face has been all over it. Ew.

Or maybe I'm just weird. :P
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Too bad we are on opposite sides of the country, I think I am gonna get a new phone (with the overtime I finally got paid for) i'd give you my old one. :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:35 pm

It's the thought that counts.

Well, except that I still have no phone. :P;)

It's actually kind of nice...work can't call me. :whistle:
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby lady*of*rohan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:29 pm

That sucks Imi! I would probably cry. Just because I use my phone all the time.

I sew! Kinda, I've made a few skirts and bags and costumes. But nothing major.

huggles
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby Elrohiril » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:42 pm

I sew!! :D I mostly make costumes though. Much more fun. Although I will be undertaking a great task this year; making my Bridesmaid dress. My best friend is getting married in January and I'm the maid of Honor. :D

I went to JoAnns last month and got four patterns for 12 bucks. :D :D Huge fall sale, I was so happy. Now I just have to get more money so I can make the costume. Heh.

*Has a rich uncle* He doesn't give me anything either. And my grandparents stopped giving me birthday presents when I turned 20. :roll:
The hardships of growing up. *sigh*
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Count your blessings Ro - most of my grandparents were dead by the time I was 20. ;)

And I cross-stitch. That's as close to sewing as I get. My mother is an amazing seamstress, but it certainly didn't pass on to me. I can, however, appreciate the good deals y'all have gotten at JoAnn's. :)

Rohy - I thought I would be upset, but I'm really not. It's kind of frustrating to not be able to just pick up the phone and call someone if I need to or know that people can't get a hold of me if they need to, but as much as I use my phone, I really don't miss it. :P
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:20 am

Elrohiril wrote:*Has a rich uncle* He doesn't give me anything either. And my grandparents stopped giving me birthday presents when I turned 20. :roll:
The hardships of growing up. *sigh*

They stopped giving me presents when I was 18! Not fair!
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:33 am

No rich uncle here. :(

Yes, I sew, mostly costumes.

Dang.. Ugluk!! I pay the boys who mow my lawn too much. :P But we aren't gone often.. so...
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:00 am

Yay! I sew mainly costumes too, well, historically-accurate costumes. :D Reenacting is one of my passions, so I have clothes from three different eras. :D Plus some elvish-inspired fantasy stuff. ;) This'll be one of the few times I'm actually making clothing for me, but I hope it turns out better than my last attempt. :whistle:

That sucks about your phone, Imi. :(
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive