For those in denial - You DO have PCE

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rowanberry » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Hope you'll get at least some rest on the weekend, rwhen. :hug:

Thanks, Luthy! :)

Yes, it's back to the pits of Angband on Monday morning... :( But, at least, there's still the weekend ahead. Got to try and get back to my normal rhythm, though, so I think I'll have to go to bed soon. When you can sleep until 10am, it's easy to stay up until the wee hours, but it's a bit different when you have to get up at six.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Ugluk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:19 pm

It's Friday.....there's sunlight everywhere....and shortly it's off for three hours of drama practice to be followed by a party that will continue for God knows how long....sounds like fun!
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby ShadowSwallow » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:03 pm

It just snowed. :D So all of the scotch pines have a lovely dusting on all of their needles.

*dusts off camera*
ShadowSwallow
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:19 pm

We had a miniature ice storm, so all the snow on the ground was covered with a crusty layer of ice -- SO much fun to walk on. :D *crunchcrunchcrunch* I almost fell backward down a flight of stairs because of the ice on a metal band though. :shock: I was breathing really hard out of pure fear for a while afterward. :shock::shock:
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:02 am

Ice, schmice. We eat ice for breakfast around here.

stoopfid ice. :angry:

Still partying, Ugluk???

:thppt:

All things Sci Fi at the TVM!!!!

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rowanberry » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:48 am

Well, if Ugluk doesn't show up today, we know that he's still partying. :D Or, trying to recover from the party. :P

There was again a hunch of spring in the air, although it wasn't as warm as yesterday. Oh well, we'll probably get snowstorms in May, then. :roll:
rowanberry

Postby Ugluk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:04 am

Trying to recover? HAH!

It was funny though....I was there with two far more experienced drinkers and we all drank basically the exact same amount and now they're both sick and puking/dry heaving and I feel pretty much fine...which is odd considering this is basically the first time I've ever been really buzzed. 8)

Of course, my psychologist friend tells me that tolerance is actually a bad sign rather than a good one, especially if alcoholism runs in the family (which it does). Fantastic.

On the bright side, I had a lovely walk home from their house to mind this morning, from 5:30 AM to 6:45 AM, in subzero temperatures. It was actually quite nice, and I didn't even get stopped by the cops.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:28 am

I bet that it was very peaceful at that time on a Saturday morning, especially when the weather was that cold. :D

Maybe you will just crash early this evening, then. Or, who knows, when you're young, you can take quite a lot with little sleep.
rowanberry

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:15 pm

That's my favorite time of day. :love: I hate getting out of bed then, but I love BEING up. Everything's always so quiet and soft and I feel like I'm the only person alive -- and when I see other people there's always a sort of bond, that yes, we're both the only person alive -- I dunno. Hard to explain. :D But I love taking really early morning walks. :D
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:40 pm

Heck, as long as Ugluk was walking and not driving, he's not likely to be stopped by the cops.

There are always nut cases out walking/running/exercising early in the morning, and the cops don't bother them.

Not that I would know who any of those nutcases are.

:whistle:

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Elrohiril » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Of course not. :roll:

I had to do my little brother's paper route this morning and it was cold!
Elrohiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Ugluk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:57 pm

Well, see, if I had been just walking, or just jogging, they probably wouldn't have given me a second thought.

Instead, I was walking casually along with a laptop case slung over my shoulder, which indicates that I'm not just out for a pleasant stroll.

Actually I had a sheriff drive past once, and then, a few minutes later, he came and drove past me again in the other direction. Didn't stop though. Pity, I was already rehearsing my story.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Rodia » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:23 am

Your story? "Good morning!" not good enough? :D Don't tell me cops actually pull over to stop pedestrians for no reason over there. Oh no! A slightly drunken, sleep-deprived geek! He's got a laptop...he might post something online. :shock: Or drop it. Criminal!

Of course that depends how many steps back you took for every step forward, and how many times you fell off the sidewalk. :P

Now tonight...well, it's Lent, so I really shouldn't, but the occasion is understandable. It's Oscar night, and we've reserved a pub. :twisted: Keep your fingers crossed.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:35 am

Oh, they certainly might stop me and harass me, if they think I look suspicious enough. It's happened before, and to most of my friends.

And I was walking perfectly normal, thank you very much.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:26 am

Define 'normal' for a Uruk. :lmbo: :lmbo:

Ro! I'll be rootin' for you guys! How early/late will they get to your award? I don't want to sit through the entire thing.

8) 8)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Rodia » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:52 am

You know, I have no idea. Since the whole thing starts at two am for us, we'll be up all night anyway- I think the less important awards are somewhere towards the end of the show.

It's gonna be rough. :|

Ugluk, okay, true, you look suspicious by default. I mean all that heavy armour, and the trailing slime from the pod...:P
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:42 am

I'll be rooting for you as well, Rodia. :thumbsup: I'm not gonna watch, though - the ceremonies will be on the wee hours for us, and I've got a workday tomorrow... :roll:

Maybe Ugluk also looks so fierce that if a cop has any sense, he'll think twice before bothering our orc... :P
rowanberry

Postby oldtoby » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:38 am

What award were you up for again? Best Animated film, right? I think it will likely be in the middle of the ceremony. Seems like they start off with stuff like Best Supporting actor, the things like best animated film is towards the middle and then the finish off the show with the big ones (best picture, actor, actress)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Rodia » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:10 am

Best Animated SHORT film, alas, so it's not one of the big fish... I can probably check the schedule online:P
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Rodia wrote:Your story? "Good morning!" not good enough? :D Don't tell me cops actually pull over to stop pedestrians for no reason over there. Oh no! A slightly drunken, sleep-deprived geek! He's got a laptop...he might post something online. :shock: Or drop it. Criminal!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've been out at pretty suspicious times doing pretty suspicious things wearing pretty suspicious clothing and the only time I ever even got looked at askance was when I was trying to get a giant stuffed fish up onto the balcony of a locked building so I could take a picture of it. =:)

And good luck, Rodia! I'll be rooting for you too. :D

I looked on the Oscars website to see if I could find a schedule, but I couldn't find anything, sorry!
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ugluk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:09 pm

luthienelflover wrote:I've been out at pretty suspicious times doing pretty suspicious things wearing pretty suspicious clothing and the only time I ever even got looked at askance was when I was trying to get a giant stuffed fish up onto the balcony of a locked building so I could take a picture of it. =:)

Yeah, well....you're female. :P And I'm sure they were only looking at you in complete amazement combined withg stunned disbelief before smacking themselves upside the head and resolving to switch to decaf. :P
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Good morning all :)

Had a terrible weekend, don't want to talk about it actually, just thinking about it makes me furious...and yes it is Bruce's fault :angry:

anyhoo, how are we all today?
Uggy went to a party...nice :) You also have mail :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:58 pm

Indeed I do. You bear a startling resemblance to another TORCer whom I have met....a certain Elsha, in point of actual fact. Rather startling. Perhaps you two are long-lost sisters :twisted:

*sigh* Now I suppose that means I shall have to hunt for a picture of myself...
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Ugluk wrote:Indeed I do. You bear a startling resemblance to another TORCer whom I have met....a certain Elsha, in point of actual fact. Rather startling. Perhaps you two are long-lost sisters :twisted:

*sigh* Now I suppose that means I shall have to hunt for a picture of myself...

Who's Elsha?? Is that a good thing or a bad thing :)

and yes you will :wink:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:26 pm

I don't have PCE, I really, really, really don't!!! :D

Actually, I find myself surprised every time I see my own post count - for me, it's pretty impressive!

I really have more of a PCA (Post Count Awe) than anything else! :D
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Ugluk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Tygarya wrote:Who's Elsha?? Is that a good thing or a bad thing :)

Elsha = elfshadow. She's become a dirty lurker of late.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:05 am

*checks the post count for the thread*

We're (well, ok, you are) well on the way to filling up an entire thread of PCE.

:)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rowanberry » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:51 am

Well, there's still room for a few posts... ;)

I survived today at work. Though, it would have been much harder without the great news from the Oscar front.

I think I need some chocolate.
rowanberry

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:55 am

the only Oscar I was concerned about was for best animated feature, which was won by Ratatoullie. :D

Were there any other animated features this year? :P

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:15 am

Congrats to you Ro Ro on your films win this year...yes I watched, I also called my brother and niece and had THEM watch just in case I fell asleep, which happens more often than not when I want to stay awake. ;)

Rowan, glad that you survived your work day...always hard after having a week off.

The thread will be ready for restarting I think by Wednesday, and I DO plan to renew the thread, probably under the same name even, just version II. Hope you all will continue to play here.

And heliona...those who deny the most have the largest case of PCE...but I loved your PCA as well. It works.
:D:D
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive