Thread of today IV

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby telcontarian » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 am

I want an Innocent Smoothie with the knitted hat. :D

My friend had a little t-shirt that went over a can of beer. It was so cute!

That's a shame about the puppy-dog, Tar. :(

Today, my parents are away to sunny Mallorca where it is 32 degrees Celsius.

My grandmother is getting her house done up and is staying with me. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:38 am

Yesterday I counted 25 mini-hats already. :D I made two more since then, I think, and there shall be even more till the deadline. I had to find a bigger bag to put them all in already.

Today I want to go into town, have a baguette at my friend's new cafe (they have an amazing variety there that I haven't yet tried), and I should really get a new battery for my phone before I start my job.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:40 am

I wish I could knit. :D I would love to knit a t-shirt for a can or bottle. :D

Today it was raining so heavily earlier it was like a monsoon. :Q
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:43 am

Rain here as well. :( It is actually cooler now than it was for a long time.

Today I know that I cannot save my tomato plant. It was doing so well till I overwatered it. :roll: It's only getting worse now, so I am waiting for the last tomatoes to ripen before I throw the plant out. Shame. :(
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:45 am

Poor tomatoes. :(

Our summer was officially over weeks ago. It is still quite humid but it's just been rain, rain, rain.

Today is day two of my gran staying. My parents are on holiday and gran's bathroom is getting fixed because the ceiling caved in. So far, she is all right, but by the end of the week I will be tearing my hair out.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:11 am

Today I had to suspend my swim membership till spring next year because my new job won't allow me any time to do sports. I feared that would happen. last time I worked there, I tried to keep up with the exercise, but it just didn't work because the day doesn't have enough hours. Ah well. I haven't managed to lose any weight this year anyway, even with more exercise.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:24 am

Bah, that's not fun. How long are you working there for?

Today, Sonisphere 2010 highlights is going to be on the music channel, Scuzz, at 11pm. My friend might be on it in drag. :P I hope they didn't catch me throwing up outside the comedy tent. :lol:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:42 am

I'll be there till mid-February (unless I get the chance to stay even longer). But I hope I will find a different job before then that will be closer to home. But then again I also remember that I was far too exhausted every day after work to do any job searches. We will see how it goes.

Today I am not hungry enough for lunch at the cafe. I may run some errands first.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:34 am

Is that the one with the long commute? At least the income will be useful but I hope you find something better suited. :)

Today I am lazy. Can't be bothered working tonight.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:38 am

Yes, that's the one. This time, though, I will be getting a lift most of the time, so I will be home a bit sooner and won't have to stand around and wait for buses in the cold in winter.

Today I met lots of people from that job in my friend's cafe. :lol:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:51 am

That's great news about getting a lift! It will make things so much easier. :D

And it sounds like your friend's cafe is really taking off. :D

Today I am eating macaroni cheese that my gran made. Mine is better. :twisted:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:56 am

Today I had one of the freshly made baguettes at my friend's and it was the best I ever had! I think I may have to go there in the mornings on the way to work to pick up one for lunch now and then.

Also, for some reason I really have quite a headache today. I haven't had one in ages!

Earlier, I went shopping, bought two cardis, and was told that Vodafone do not sell mobile batteries. :| Terrific. I can't get my battery anywhere except online.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 am

Have you tried eBay, Silwen? Or Amazon? Can usually get them cheap there.

I've had a headache since I woke up. :shock: I'm putting it down to the rain.

Today I found out that a local hotel are throwing a huge party for their guest DJ on my birthday. Unfortunately I will be in England then, but I told them that I would come back up especially if they hired me a stripogram. :twisted:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:03 am

The Vodafone shop has the battery online so I will get it there. I just need to do it before I start the new job in case I need it. I decided against getting a new phone altogether. I like mine even though it's not great. Looks better than most others though and feels better too. I only miss the vibrating alarm that it doesn't seem to have for some reason.

Today I am feeling sick. Not sure why. :?
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 am

Today I received some more stuff from university through the post. Need to register for some online stuff. The letter is a little unclear, though. It talks about having to register online, but that an automatic password will be sent out soon... And does it apply to the other thing I must enrol for?

How annoying! :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:51 am

I ordered the phone battery through amazon now. It was cheapest there and seemed more reliable too. For some reason even the Vodafone online store does not have the right battery. Very annoying!

Today I had a lovely shower with the Christmas shower jelly from Lush I bought in winter. I had to keep it in the freezer till I could use it. I had so much other shower stuff that I couldn't have this one any earlier.

I also feel like wearing one of my two new pink cardis, but it seems much too warm outside now.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:02 am

Glad that you got your battery sorted out - did the last one just go kaput?

You had to freeze the shower jelly? :shock: Is it actually used frozen?

Today I was also given a booklist that I should read before I start my course. There are 9 books pertaining to the three modules that I will be studying (Europe since 1870; Modern Britain and The Reformation: England and Europe 1520-1560.)

There are also 4 background reading titles. But the books are so expensive and won't be able to afford them until October. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:09 am

That is a long list. Such books are always so expensive. :( Can you get them second-hand somewhere like at Abebooks>

The shower jelly just lasts longer when you keep it in the freezer. You can use it straight out of the fridge or freezer if you like, but I just leave it outside now that I am using it. It also makes the bathroom smell nicer. :D

My old phone battery only lasted a year for some reason. It was a very cheap phone with not much battery capacity, so I am not surprised. However, you would expect it would be easier to find a replacement for it. Currently, I have to keep my phone plugged in all the time or I can't use it.

Today I finished a poem. :D
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:44 am

I've never heard of Abebooks - thanks! :D I've found a fair few on Amazon and the Waterstones marketplace. I still have my expensive accommodation deposit to pay so hopefully I can cram those books into my brain come October. :D

Something similar happened to my laptop charger - I had it for about a year or two and it just randomly stopped working. :shock: The manufacturer's website were wanting £50 for a replacement, but luckily I was able to find a less expensive one.

Today I am tearing my hair out again.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby tarathiel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:43 am

Today i have got about two hours worth of paperwork to do :shock:
I have made a start but i could be here for some time :roll:

good look getting all those books Tari.
Have you asked weather your uni has a second hand book exchange?

i hope yor battery arrives ok Silwen.
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:48 am

Thanks, Tar. Good luck with that annoying paperwork. I'll send Silwen round. :twisted:

I might just raid the library when I get down there instead. :twisted:

Today I was woken up at 6.15 by a friend's semi-drunken text. I really should put my phone on silent during the night. :P
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:24 am

*does tar's paperwork*

:D

Today I have to run some errands, but I am also going to return one of the pretty cardis I only just bought. :( The colour doesn't go with what I had planned to wear it with, so either I shall just return it and get my money back, or I may cave and just exchange it for the same thing in black. I can't decide. It's an expensive cardi, but pretty. Then again the sleeves aren't as long as I would like. I don't know...
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:32 am

Or you could just give it to TPoD to use as a snuggle blanket or chew toy :twisted:

Today i am trying to do my tax returns :shock:
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:34 am

Today I got my deposit for university sent away. :D I'm practically skint for the next four weeks and will have to give up driving lessons, but oh well. :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 am

Today I am glad that I did exchange the cardi. I got it in black, in a smaller size as it was out of stock in the one I wanted. It looks much better on the dresses I planned to wear it with. I am in the mood for shopping lately and there are two more tops I have in mind, but I really shouldn't spend any money now.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Today i have definately decided not to take on the chewy dog :|

But i have heard of a litter of puppies that will be ready soon.
I may go and have a look at them :D
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:55 am

Today we will be going out to the good pizza place again. There are still loads of tasty pizzas to try.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:09 am

Tar: PUPPIES! :D

Today I enrolled at my university. I am officially a student again! :roll:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:17 am

Feel the enthusiasm! :lol: Today it is raining again and my friend's charity parachute jump has been postponed till September.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:20 am

And I'm celebrating in true student style and eating Wotsits for breakfast. :P

That's a shame about the jump! I'm sure your friend will be semi-relieved. :P

Today I got another free book in from Waterstones. :D "Our Kind of Traitor" by John Le Carré.
telcontarian
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive