Thread of today IV

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Thread of today IV

Postby minyacaliel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:55 am

Hiya there; since my sister can't now do this, I'm doing this (it's her thread after all...:lol: But as a big sis i have right to do this? Don't I, my dear? :P )

That's exciting Judy! :Q japan, I mean wow! :Q

Today I'm sending extra hugs and chocolate and coke to my sister. She'll need them.
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Yavannië » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:27 am

Okay, I'm making the choice, and I say let's go with Min's version of Thread of Today IV, since Silwen started the number 3. Life is all about fairness, after all. :lol:

Sop the rules for those who haven't been to one of these before:
Back in the first talkative Today's Thread, I ie Ani wrote:[S]tart each post with a sentence that begins with "Today..." and after it everyone can say what's up today, comment on the previous ones or freely talk what ever they please. But as the title says, let's forget about tiny short answers and selfishness and make this more suiting for Talk.

So go nuts!

Today I'm sending extra hugs and chocolate and coke to my sister. She'll need them.

Thank you sweetie :hug: But you can keep half yourself; I'm sure you could use them too.

Today I'm going to read 70 pages of Jane Eyre. I made a schedule so that I'll finally get it finished :lol:
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:40 am

Today I marked my thread for locking so we can all get comfy here instead. :D It's a good thing I hadn't started furnishing the place yet. :nono:

I spent the morning wrapping up presents - for December! :Q I know I am early, but I don't want the gifts to be lying around unwrapped for ages, so I had to pack them nicely. I enjoy doing that even though I am surprisingly bad at it. :lol: Soon I will be able to prepare a paket for Mark to send over just for fun. He needs his German peanut crisps. ;)
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Yavannië » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 am

It's a good thing I hadn't started furnishing the place yet.

:lol:
Oh sweetie, I'm sure you could have brought all the furniture and decoration with you here. We wouldn't mind :)

Today me and my "gang" decided we'll celebrate one of my friend's birthday next Tuesday. Who cares about studies and getting up early anyway? :lol:
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:10 am

*drags in sofas, armchairs, tables and pillows*

Well, you said you wouldn't mind. :D We've got to get comfy here since we spend a lotof time in this thread. Where's Gaston? Did he get lost in the move? I could use something to drink now, and it's lunchtime too.

Today I am going to watch No Country for Old Men because a friend of mine liked it a lot. It's not a film I was going to watch otherwise because the title alone didn't appeal to me. :lol:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Yavannië » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:54 am

Where's Gaston? Did he get lost in the move?

Honey, I think he works at Oktoberfest exclusively. :)

Today I'm lingering back in the university cause I don't feel like going home to my roommates I barely know.
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby minyacaliel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:45 am

Thanks hun-An :hug:

Today I actually had pretty interesting lecture. :) Now I'm having wild conversation with Ani in msn. :lol:
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Yavannië » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:50 am

Now I'm having wild conversation with Ani in msn.

Oh yes :lol:
Butch is back and everything...

Today I'm not doing any school work :happydance:
(for no good reason)
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby minyacaliel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:08 am

hey, that's immoral! :lol:

Today I'm doing little physical workout...:lol: holiday really is over. :lol:
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 am

*writes a letter to Gaston, saying he should keep a nice hot cup of chocolate ready for me, with cream of course*

I wonder if he has a twin for this thread.

Today my internet connection broke so I went to bed. :P I did a little reading, but then decided to get out of bed again because I have been tired all day and would be likely to fall asleep. I think it is the rainy weather today. It is grey and wet and exactly the sort of weather during which you just want to stay at home with a pot of tea.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby minyacaliel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:57 am

Oh, then a bed and tea and book sounds like a marvellous idea, hun. :)

Today I had my first german-lunch. Some sort of taters-thingy. I liked it. :D
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Today my knitting was annoying me because I seem to have made a mistake somewhere even though I never noticed. In the end I had three stitches more than I was meant to have. :? Very odd. I finally managed to fix that somehow, so I can go on as usual. For now I have had enough though and am listening to the radio a bit. I didn't do that yesterday at all so there are a few programmes I have to catch up with.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Yavannië » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:01 am

*writes a letter to Gaston [--]*
I wonder if he has a twin for this thread.

A hot twin, I might add :D

hey, that's immoral!

Oh hun, I've been living immorally ever since you left with your controling powers :rofl:

Today in my Estonian class we're watching an Estonian film about one of the most famous Estonian singers/songwriters, Georg Ots. :)
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:27 am

ooOOoo send that twin my way, please! I've chosen what I would like for lunch.

Today I feel normal again - except that I am hungry because I was sick last night. Evene the weather is a bit better. It still rains on occasion, but the sky is lighter than usual. Tomorrow we are meant to have some more sun again, luckily, though I will believe it when I see it.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Yavannië » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:07 am

ooOOoo send that twin my way, please! I've chosen what I would like for lunch.

Okay! We just need a name for him... Let's see, Gaston and his twin (...something French...) Jérôme, your first job is to waiter for Silwen. :D

Today I feel normal again

I'm happy for you dear. Can't remember the last time I felt normal :roll:

Today I got a nasty task at one of my class :|
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:19 am

Jérôme, oh yes! I have always liked that name. Not enough to name my son that, but it's a good French name as opposed to Pierre or Jean etc.

*gives him my list and sends him away with a playful smack on the bottom*

:D

Today I found that my mother is preparing pea soup for tomorrow. :happydance: I really love it! Normally, I do not like soups at all, but something as thick as pea or lentil soup is lovely! If only it weren't quite as salty! It always makes me very thirsty for the rest of the day and night.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Yavannië » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:23 am

*gives him my list and sends him away with a playful smack on the bottom*

Oh so that's the critical difference between these twins: Gaston's butt is pinchable and Jérôme's is smackable... :D

I like the name Jérôme, too - although the accents are frustrating to type. What say you if we butcher his name into the English form - Jerome?

Today there's nothing good on TV. Pretty much like everyday these days. :|
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby minyacaliel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:02 am

Oh hun, I've been living immorally ever since you left with your controling powers

:twisted: but I have already bought a new handbag...What do you say about that? :P

I'll call him Jerrers. :twisted: I can't type all these accents....:lol:

Today we don't have a seminar in the evening! yay! :D
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:20 am

What! Now that I figured out how to do the accents, we can leave them out? Grr. I shall still call him Jérôme. Jérôme. Jérôme. :twisted:

Today I finished season 8 of the X-Files, which means there is only one season to go. Scully just had her baby and kissed Mulder. :happydance:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby minyacaliel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:40 pm

:lol: That looks pretty. Jérôme! hahaa! I did it!

I'm still calling him Jerrers. :twisted:

Anyways, today our lovely german roommate made us french dessert with cherries. It was sweet of her. :)
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Today we had pea soup, though I thought my mother had said we were having it tomorrow! I liked it and had three plates of it. :D Now I am really full.

Today I also got a voucher for ebay purchases and am trying to decide what to get for it. I can't make up my mind!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby minyacaliel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Today i had some troubles with my thighs (after yesterday's workout). :lol: I have no idea how I can go to the gym tomorrow...:lol:
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Today I decided to have some bread with butter at night to see if that causes similar problems as the Nutella last night. Seems to be fine though. :D The rest of the time I spent on ebay, still searching for stuff and came across the food category. Oh, dangerous! I could use something salty now.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby minyacaliel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:09 am

Oh, so you're experimenting? :lol:

Today I have no lectures. I might go shopping (my mum's birthday is in week, and my sister's in two weeks! :Q )
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:26 am

Mhm, I need to find out what I can still eat at night. Thankfully, I was fine yesterday.

Today is the day of the German reunion, so we have a holiday. It is one of those holidays I always forget. :roll: Whenever people mention that such-and-such a day is a holiday, I never know about it!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:14 am

Today, I'm returning to TORC! Had a really busy few days, as it was my R/L birthday yesterday and I'm going out tonight again with a couple of my college girls. If I can drag myself away from the Wii that my parents got for me. :)

:grouphug: Thanks so much for starting both of the threads. Hope you're all well, and I am so jealous of Judy going to Japan! And thank you so much for your lovely gift and letter, Ani and your awsome flower, Min! :hug:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:21 am

There you are, Tari!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
Enjoy the evening out. :D

Today I realised how long Tari hasn't been around. :shock:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Yavannië » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:13 am

Tari: You're welcome dear :hug: Great to have you around again.

Sil wrote:Now that I figured out how to do the accents, we can leave them out? Grr. I shall still call him Jérôme. Jérôme. Jérôme.

Min wrote:I'm still calling him Jerrers.

If the name causes troubles, I think we should just call him Jerk. :wink:

Today I finished Jane Eyre. What an amazing story :love: (at least after the first dull 100 pages that kept me stuck for about a month :| ).
Yavannië
Ranger of the North

Postby minyacaliel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:35 am

I think we should just call him Jerk

I'll still call him Jerrers. :twisted:

Today i bought birthday present for mum, and earrings for me (actually nine pairs of earrings). :D
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 am

minyacaliel wrote:I'll still call him Jerrers. :twisted:

You are persistent! :D

Today i bought birthday present for mum, and earrings for me (actually nine pairs of earrings). :D

9! :Q Earrings really are hard to resist, aren't they? I keep forgetting to wear mine ever since I stopped wearing them indoors.

Today I am feeling a little down, though it is stupid and I don't really havea reason for it. It's annoying!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive