Thread of today IV

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby telcontarian » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:18 pm

TODAY I AM GOING TO SONISPHERE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:18 am

What now, today or tomorrow?

Today I am going to take Mark out to the Real Italian Pizza restaurant. Unless I am too scared to risk gallstone pains two days in a row.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:49 am

Hope you enjoy the festival Tari.
I'm very jealous :)

Today i am trying to catch up with paperwork and print off a load of invoices but the printer has gone on strike :(
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:27 am

Today Mark is doing the cooking and is trying something we never had before. hope it works out!

I received yet another rejection regarding a job application at uni. :roll: It is getting very annoying, particularly because I am in fact qualified to do all those jobs I applied for there. There are just too many other applications and the uni doesn't even bother to give you any feedback when asked.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:50 pm

i hate job applications.
The whole process is very frustrating :(

I hope you find something soon Silwen.

Today i sorted out my office and got all my paperwork up to date and got my printer to work:D
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 am

Yes, it is a frustrating process. What annoyed me as well was that they sent me a rejection on Sunday of all days! As if you can enjoy your weekend after something like that!

Today I will have to job hunt some more then. I don't really have any plans for the day apart from that.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 am

Today I am back from Sonisphere. :D I caught the train at 6am on Saturday morning and have never been so relieved to use a real bathroom instead of the reeking, portable toilets that were being used by 50,000 people! It was amazing - seen and heard a lot of amazing bands including Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Alice in Chains, Apocalyptica, Good Charlotte, Papa Roach, Pendulum, Motley Crue and Lacuna Coil.

I am also really sunburnt and am relaxing in Darlington attempting to watch Blackadder before returning home tomorrow. :(
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:44 pm

Today I have been asked to come see the owner of an independent bookshop to whom I randomly wrote an email, asking for a job. :shock: Hope they have something, though he said he wasn't sure. Still, would be good to go in and see him for a chat. I'm nervous. :shock:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:23 am

Today I am not-so-patiently waiting until pay day next Thursday - I got my accommodation acceptance letter in from university two days ago and have fourteen days to pay my £150 deposit. I am also going to get some lunch. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:28 am

Today I placed an order with a German deli from London. They have all kinds of German stuff, some of which I have been missing, so I ended up spending almost £60 this morning. :shock: But I love that I can now get some of the things I miss! :D
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 am

That's great! :D I wish there were some online Polish delis that I could order my banana juice from. :D

Today I am killing time until I need to go to work tonight.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:48 am

There is a Polish shop here near me. :D Next time I should take you there. I don't know if they have banana juice though.

Today I went to the GP to ask about test results. Of course everything is normal, but I have pain! Grrr. Now I have a proper appointment on Monday and hope we get somewhere.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:50 am

I found one online but they only deliver to London. :x

That would be great, Silwen! Wear a big coat so we can deplete their supply of banana juice. :twisted:

There is a Polish deli in Darlington and perhaps in Middlesbrough too - don't know if I can hold out another month though. :lol:

Today I am thinking about doing the dishes. I'm going to be thinking about doing them for quite a while. :P
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:57 am

Today I am going to a book event to see Levi Roots. But I am soooo tired.... Must stay awake.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Today i have been surrounded by stupid people :angry:

Everything i have tried to do has been thwarted by the intervention of a random idiot :x
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Today I saw the cover of my book for the first time! :D :D :D It's getting exciting now. It actually looks very professional.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Silwen: Thank you! :D I was just about to congratulate you here. It looks odd seeing your name in print. Congratulations!! *Starts making tasty celebratory feast* :drink:

Today I am very proud of Silwen. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Thank you! It really is very strange to see my name in print like that, like a proper author's! .. Which I now am, really. So weird! I like it though. :D I may get addicted to it - until I read reviews of it. :shock: I don't really want to see them.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:42 pm

A Doctor and an author in the space of a few months - is there anything you can't do? :lol:

When I get the money together, I will have to buy a copy and I promise that I will give you a nice review. :)

And I loved the fact that you signed your email with Doctor Silwen, hehe. :D

Today my hayfever has started up. Haven't stopped sneezing all night!
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:48 pm

:shock: I did not! Oh yes I did, under my real name. That's my new sig in emails now. :D

The doctorate and publication go hand-in-hand in Germany - you can't be a doctor unless you publish, so that explains why it all happened so fast.

Today I am far too excited to sleep.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:54 pm

When can I schedule an exam?
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Doctor Silwen sounds pretty snazzy too!

Toby: :hug:

Today I am eating Tiramisu. :)
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 am

Well, Toby, I examined you years before I was a doctor! :lol:

Today I got more good news: I have work till February again, though it is only in the same place where I worked before. I hate that job, but the people there are nice (with only one exception). So the lazy days are over, as if they had ever been lazy. I start on the 18th already, so not much time to do rest till then. Still, I am glad I have something!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Congrats on everything Silwen :D

Today i am debating getting another dog :shock:
someone i know wants to rehome their young dog because it is too bouncy for them and i am considering adding it to my pack :twisted:

Not sure weather TPoD and G will approve :|
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby telcontarian » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:21 pm

They might love a new playmate and steal its bone. :D

Today I am still very hungover. My friends carted me off to the pub after work last night and sat in mine with a bottle of Southern Comfort. My friend pased out at the bottom of my bed. :lol: Luckily my parents know her quite well. :lol: But I was so sick today!
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Tari!!!

Today I went to Yo Sushi. :D Spent loads again.... :( But it was yummy! I had their soft shell crab rolls (not special) and the spicy squid which was very lovely. Then I went to a friend's cafe and had cake. :D Now I think I am a bit sick. :lol:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Not been to Yo Sushi in ages! Last time was in June when I was at Newcastle. :shock: I have a 40% off voucher for the one here, though, so I really should take advantage of it. :D

Today we are still doggy-sitting our neighbour's pooch. He is currently lying fast asleep beside me and refuses to go walkies. :D
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Today the local Yo!S manager gave both Mark and me one of those free sushi plate offers. May well use it sometime for lunch or so when I don't intend to get much or spend a lot. I am thinking of registering for their love club with my other email addy just to get another discount voucher. :angel:

tar, thank you. :) The dog sounds like he would fit right in with TPoG and TPoD!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby tarathiel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:00 am

Not sure if the new dog will work out, it apparently has chewing issues :shock:
I'm not sure that i want my new house chewed to pieces :|

Today i am trying to find out the prices for a new wood burner.
tarathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:33 am

Oh I see. The chewing issue could be a problem, yes. :shock:

Where will you be putting the wood burner if you find one?

Today I have nothing to do. :D I better enjoy my last days off. I shall spend some of them (or all of them) knitting little hats for The Big Knit. Innocent Smoothies will be putting them on their bottles again this year for charity.
Silwen
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive