Muppet month in Took's Looney bin!!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Gamgee Wench » Tue May 26, 2009 3:05 am

Just a super de duper (my phrase for the day) quick drive by to say howdy to all......

NL....honey, I owe you a long letter. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers lady....hope your head and your job gets better. We love ya!

Zoooooooooommmmmmmmmmm.................................
Gamgee Wench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue May 26, 2009 5:25 am

*gets super de duper whiplash from Wenchie drive-by*

:D

Speaking of drive-bys....

:hihi:

Loki.

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rowanberry » Tue May 26, 2009 9:43 am

Storyteller, hope the dog can stay. I believe it's just like Iris said, that he's a former pet who has got separated from his owners for some reason.

Tooks, hope your poor doggy gets some relief. Scratch him behind the ears for me.

Hang in there, Calma. Hope it's just this one day. :hug:

There comes Wenchie... and there goes Wenchie. :hihi:

The daughter is just making plans about the food for the graduation party, so I must soon go and make a grocery list for tomorrow...
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Storyteller » Tue May 26, 2009 10:13 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:Storyteller: it sounds like he was a pet at one time and got separated from his family.

Maybe.

The problem has kind of solved itself; one of the guards took Dog home. Apparently his son wanted a dog for some time, so it was a great opportunity for him to kill two birds with one stone... no offence to bird lovers and all.

Oh, by the way, Iris- you might want to check your mail in a couple of weeks or so. A certain something will be en route to you as of Thursday morning.
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 26, 2009 11:21 am

Oh boy!! *bounces* :D

Hooray for the dog! I'm glad he got a good home and will make some kid happy. :D

<-- Bastet, celebrating Mythology Month on the TVM!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rowanberry » Tue May 26, 2009 12:08 pm

It's great that the dog problem got solved that way. :)

But now, I think I must be off for today - have a nice day/evening/morning, everybody! :grouphug:
rowanberry

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue May 26, 2009 12:13 pm

hee.

:D:D:D:D

Glad to hear about Dog.

Loki.

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby truehobbit » Tue May 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Reporting back from a great weekend here, too! :D
I was at my parents' place, it was the first time of truly summerly weather, I got to potter about in the garden on Saturday, we had ourselves a lovely little barbeque for lunch on Sunday and then some lazing out in the garden... :love:

Glad to hear everybody had such a good time - and w00t for the dog! I hope the new home works out for him. :D

nl, hope the migraine wasn't too bad and the work situation improves! :hug:
I hear you about feeling lonely. Only the other day I was thinking that although I'd sometimes wondered if there was a limit to how much heartbreak one can take, I wasn't actually thinking of trying to find out... :roll:
But on the other hand, when I'm depressed from lonliness, I tell myself that if I had a partner, I might be down from some grief he'd give me, and if I had kids, I might be drained and depressed on their account just as well - there are nice things about being on your own just as well, and grief in each situation you can be in. So, who knows...I'm not normally someone to believe in fate, but it might just be for the best the way it is. :)
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby Gamgee Wench » Tue May 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Yeah for the dog! :clap:

Have fun with the graduation party Rowanberry. We've been invited to so many this year, lots of kids moving on in life. I'm still not sure if we are having one for my son or not. He won't give me a date. If we do, it will be small, we don't seem to do "big" parties, but I want to do something. What ever it will be, it will be in July since every weekend in June has filled up.

Made it through this weekend, and wow. Just Wow. Lots of great teaching, and even though it wasn't for me directly, I stayed for much of it and just soaked it in. Haven't been "fed" spiritually like that in a long time. But by Sunday afternoon, I was a zombie. I don't think I've been that drained in a long time. I don't plan well, in my opinion, so planning this weekend just took it all out of me. But, it was a success. :) Spent all day Monday just gardening and such. My veggie garden is almost all in, and much of my annual flowers are in too. And, my husband made a huge dent on the screen room. In another week or two, we will put in the slate floor.....yeah us!!

So sorry for those suffering from loneliness. :(

Morwenna...sounds like your having fun with your liqueur. I had a professor who made a mean stout beer, long ago.

Frelga! Baseball is your life right now! I remember those days. Soccer is the sport for us right now....we have a game tonight at 7:30. Why so late....blech. I like them to start at 6:00. Oh well, they didn't ask me.

Calma....take care of yourself....

I'm missing some people...but I just realized the time...gotta finish dinner and run.....again. :roll:
Gamgee Wench
Mariner

Postby Calma » Tue May 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Today wasn't as bad as I thought, though the noob's weren't all together on their game. Breakfast went well, but it was a good thing my supervisor was there during lunch.
One of the noob's has trouble getting the right name with the right face...

"I always get {resident 1} mixed up with {resident 2}" said the noob as she was serving the meal.

"Well," said I as I was dishing up the meal. "You better get them straight real fast because {resident 1} is diabetic and {resident 2} mechanical soft diet and I don't take the fall for your mistake."

You should have seen the look on her face....
:shock: <<<< that would be real close to it, btw.

My supervisor also tagged her for just giving people the food and not paying attention to the specific diets last Friday. Sheesh, you'd think she'd learn... :roll:

Hopefully I'll have one aid tomorrow that knows what the heck she's doing. All the experienced aids had to take a class today that's why I was stuck with the noobs....

StoryTeller, glad the dog got a good home. I love happy endings. :D

nl, I wish I could help ya, but I'm not any good at what ails you. I am so very gratful that I have never had a migrane. My bff has them sometimes. When she was working, the stress brought them on big time, but now that she's retired, she hardly has them. Just keep breathing. It's only 6 months to December. You can do that standing on your head. :hug:

:hihi: Wenchie! Hope things have calmed down for you and yours.

Hey, Tooks, any idea what next month's theme is going to be?
Maybe dog month or cat month or Frodo month or Star Trek month?
Hey, just putting some things out there for ya.

:hihi: to the rest of ya loons...
Later

Calma and her Babyman June 25, 1977
Still going strong.... :D

Mythology Month InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 41
:x Losses: 24

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby notlistening » Tue May 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Thanks guys for all your support! :hug: It's nice to know there are peeps out there in the ethernet thinking of me. :)

Headache went away afer some drugs. And I went to aqua aerobics and slept better too. The assistant has been staying after I leave each day so this morning I gently reminded her that if she does over 38 hrs, she HAS to ask the boss for permission and give a good reason why. She is currently a couple of days behind and it's her own fault for being slow. Boss says "if you can't do the job in 38 hrs, you are incompetant."

Calma, glad to hear that work wasn't the nightmare you were expecting. Sorry about the stoopfid noob though. That would be life threatening for the residents if they get it wrong. :shock:

Wenchie, my home email is not functioning right now. Not sure why. I have the provider looking into it. No home email for 3 days now. Not good. Not that anything vital is due...but I love getting letters from fabulous you.

ST, good news about the doggy. He looks nice!

Little bro's house is now in the "cooling off" satge so if all goes well thorugh that, he can move in a week. He needs to paint first though. SIL wants to move then paint. She is silly sometimes as this would prove problematic as you'd have to move everything twice and keep 2 kids out of the paint. Not to mention the smell....

Fluffy guarding the TVM.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Solyn » Tue May 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Wanders in Mae Govenenn to all... sorry I haven't visited in a while... I have been busy... Namarie...Wanders out
Solyn
Shield Bearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue May 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Holy cow.. there seemed to be nothing going on this weekend so I just breezed through a few times.. and boy.. a couple of pages can go up quick!

nl.. migraines are the pits. I get them, fortunately, only occasionally.. but oi.. are they nasty.

Storyteller.. I'm glad the poochie got a home.

Hail & well met Solyn!

Wenchie!!! Nice to see you're still around! :D

rowanberry.. let me know how the graduation party goes.. and let me know if you have any pointers for when I get my party planned. How big of a party are you having?

truehobbit.. I am sad when I hear that people are lonely.. I had a sad, lonely & dysfunctional childhood and it took many years to recover from it. But.. hobby, you have a good attitude. Relationships can be a joy.. or they can be a horrific experience. It seems as if you get out & about & travel & socialize which is so good for a person.. single or 'coupled'. Some people have spouses who never want to go anywhere.. and so they don't go anywhere either. That's sad. Life is too short.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Wed May 27, 2009 1:18 am

A drive by :grouphug: to all the wonderful loons. Work + family - boards + baseball = Frelga
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed May 27, 2009 3:26 am

I dunno Calma...maybe we could make June baseball month.... :D

Any other ideas out there for June???

I will put on my thinking cap...if I could just figure out where I misplaced it... :roll:

Loki.

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Calma » Wed May 27, 2009 5:19 am

Hmmm, baseball month?
Could be interesting.
What with me and Frelga and Lufu....
I'll think about it, but there will be at least one week when I'll have to pass on what you decide because it's my anniversary week.
Tradition dictates I put my babyman in the spotlight again.

Have a good day....

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby rowanberry » Wed May 27, 2009 6:11 am

Calma, I'm glad to hear that your day wasn't as bad as you expected. :hug: Hope the noobs will learn soon.

Rose, we've sent invitations to approximately 80 people, and expect that about half of them can come. We've invited them in two groups, family and friends first, and others, like neighbours, after most of the first group have left. We're going to have a buffet with both sweet and savoury items, nothing fancy, but hopefully good.

And, I bet that after the last guests are gone, if there's any champagne or wine left, I'll get at it... Image
rowanberry

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed May 27, 2009 6:25 am

Calma, maybe the better phrase would have been: "If you kill someone with a mistake, I'm not taking the fall."

*shakes head at strange people*

:hihi: all!

<-- Bastet, celebrating Mythology Month on the TVM!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed May 27, 2009 8:52 am

Today's Muppet linkie.................

http://fliiby.com/file/71226/47h0v585n0.html

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby truehobbit » Wed May 27, 2009 9:36 am

RoseMorninStar wrote:
truehobbit.. I am sad when I hear that people are lonely.. I had a sad, lonely & dysfunctional childhood and it took many years to recover from it. But.. hobby, you have a good attitude. Relationships can be a joy.. or they can be a horrific experience. It seems as if you get out & about & travel & socialize which is so good for a person.. single or 'coupled'. Some people have spouses who never want to go anywhere.. and so they don't go anywhere either. That's sad. Life is too short.

Rose, sweetie, sorry if I made you sad :hug: - st00pfid feeling lonely comes even if you don't have a good reason for it - you can be among people having fun but are still thinking how nice it would be if you could share this with someone special. But, then, yeah, I try not to mind because, as you say, so many people don't get anywhere at all, because spouse or family make it impossible. Nothing's perfect, I guess. :)

Funnily, after I used to be quite a loner (and quite pleased with it) when I was younger, now I feel like I don't get out all that much, compared to people I know who seem to be hanging out with friends all the time. But usually when I come here it puts my head straight. :D

Rowan - wow, quite a party! :shock: Good luck! :D

nl, glad to hear the headache went away. :) I also like the boss's rather Germanic attitude to work hours. :D Here, usually, we also tend to believe that spending more time than expected in the office is not a sign of hard work, but rather one of incompetence. 8)

Calma, yikes, one would expect that pretty much the first thing for that kind of job would be to take care that meals go to the right people - I wonder what that n00b's idea about the job is. :shock: Hope she learns soon.

Very nice news from work here today. Another six-week-class ended today and the students gave me a bottle of sparkly and a box of chocolates! :D :love: :D Very pleased, esp as during the course I could never quite tell how happy they were with me. They'd be very co-operative and in a good mood one moment and complaining the next (though more about conditions in general than my lessons, so I remained confident things were going alright). :)

:hihi: and :grouphug: to all my fellow loons! :D

Edit: Tooks, :rofl: at the video!
Last edited by truehobbit on Wed May 27, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby Lee~ » Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 am

Stopping in to say, Took your Goodfellahs muppet mock up is truly hilarious! Thanks for the laugh :)
Lee~
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed May 27, 2009 10:07 am

Lee~ wrote:Stopping in to say, Took your Goodfellahs muppet mock up is truly hilarious! Thanks for the laugh :)

I must confess....I stole it from the innernut.

Google image search is wunnerful. :D

Loki.

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Lee~ » Wed May 27, 2009 10:16 am

Tookish_Traveler wrote:
Lee~ wrote:Stopping in to say, Took your Goodfellahs muppet mock up is truly hilarious! Thanks for the laugh :)

I must confess....I stole it from the innernut.

Google image search is wunnerful. :D

Say Tooks, if I used that there google search engine thingy, do ya think I'd find my marbles? I seriously feel like my brainses been leaking out of my head as of late. Muppets are about as profound as I can get anymore. (That Zoot is so deep. I love the tall silent and green types.)

Lee~
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed May 27, 2009 10:39 am

I found one of mine....

Zoot is way deep, man. But I love that Animal. He knows percussion.

Loki.

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Lee~ » Wed May 27, 2009 11:36 am

Here, has cookie fer lolcat... tanx fer finding marblz.

Image (Sorree wuz hungree. Next time I get cheezburgr)
Lee~
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed May 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Yes. We are easily amused.

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Frelga » Wed May 27, 2009 1:17 pm

truehobbit wrote:nl, glad to hear the headache went away. :) I also like the boss's rather Germanic attitude to work hours. :D Here, usually, we also tend to believe that spending more time than expected in the office is not a sign of hard work, but rather one of incompetence. 8)

Here, it's usually a sign that the company is not hiring enough people to do the work and instead requires every employee to do the job of two people. :(

Rowan, a party for eighty people? Eighty? A party? You will definitely want to stash a few bottles of champagne for the recuperation. But I'm sure it will be a blast!

Um... my contribution to the Muppet theme here. Mine in that I found it, not made it.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Calma » Wed May 27, 2009 2:35 pm

*casually kicks the door closed, trapping Lee~ in the hold then goes about her merry way.*

:whistle:

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby truehobbit » Wed May 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Frelga wrote: Here, it's usually a sign that the company is not hiring enough people to do the work and instead requires every employee to do the job of two people. :(

Frelga, yes, we do get that, too, here. :(
In that case the incompetence lies with the company. :)

*admires Tooks's purrrrty marbles* :D
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby Dubatuluk » Wed May 27, 2009 3:18 pm

hehe...marbles.

Heh.

:P

Funny.

Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext