Muppet month in Took's Looney bin!!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Fri May 22, 2009 11:35 am

:clap: YAY :clap:

Excellent clip....:lmbo: Love all the small animal muppets on this and the mean old Vikings. :D You crew a mean ship, Tooks.

Way ta go!! :clap:

:D
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Calma » Fri May 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Congrats, Tooks!!!

Have a good holiday weekend people...

Later...
Image HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 89
:x Losses: 73

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Dubatuluk » Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 pm

hehe...young doctors...what are those?

I've never seen any...

Oh wait. Right, I live IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! All the good, young doctors leave because they can get more money for their skills elsewhere.

:roll:

I don't blame them, really. But still. Why do all my OBGYNs have to either retire or leave on me?

:P

My current doctor is a really awesome older southern gentleman named Dr. Beck. He is all for alternative therapies and such just as much as traditional medicine. :thumbsup: That's a relief to this little tree-hugging, organics loving, fair-trade minded Orc. :D

Anyway...congo rats again Tooks! :D

Awesome car Story! :D Hee!

And they didn't share with you Scribbles? :nono: That's no fair! ;) :P :hug:s for your friend's family, and you as well. I know it's tough losing someone close. :hug:

:hihi: Wenchie! I'm not bitter about it. really. *plots doom and destruction on da Wench* ;) :P :lol:

:grouphug: to all I've missed.

It's been raining like mad here. Kinda nice actually. :D

As for cancer, I have a customer who wants me to look up alternative therapies as her husband's doctors don't want to do chemo cause his tumors aren't big enough yet. :roll: Dorkiness.

Anyway, back to homework!

*MUAH!*
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Fri May 22, 2009 9:43 pm

*** CONGRATULATIONS TOOKS *** !!!

I left ya a big ol' crazeeee cake in your Marinated Thread. ;) :D

LOL Dubs, ah no. They didn't share . . . although I'm pretty sure they're about to be indunated with a whole lotta folks who think they should. ;)

I worked with a gal many years ago who won 5.6 mil on a Quick Pick. Yep. Which came at the perfect time since her hubby had just been a victim of downsizing at a big hotel and had lost his job as a chef. He was faced with doing a six month stint on a cruise ship, which would have cut things close since my friend was pregnant . . . I think they moved to Hawaii or something since they really had no peace from all the people calling them and showing up on their doorstep. :roll:

Gaaah, more overtime!! But the good news is, I put in two extra hours tonight and got done, so I get another weekend off! :D Can't beat that with a stick.

The weather is supposed to be nice, so I really should try to get to a greenhouse or two . . . Sunday is a short cruise and a BBQ picnic by the river with the Mustang Gang. Hehehe . . . :)

Have a great evening folks!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby heliona » Sat May 23, 2009 3:27 am

I'm not really caught up on this thread, as I really need to see it at home so I can look at all the photos, but I just thought I'd pop in and say hi! :hihi:
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby truehobbit » Sat May 23, 2009 4:14 am

Tsktsktsk, you go away for a few hours and people go and get themselves marinated... Image

:P :D

Congrats, Tooks! :rose:

Three "arrr"s for the Captain! :D :happydance: :thumbsup: :horse: :D

truehobbit
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 am

hic

Boy...lots of rum in this marinade........ :D
Thanks for the congrats again.

Good morning, all.

Um....no new news. Just a quick :hihi:
The magical land under the Sea!!!! ?????

;)

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat May 23, 2009 7:38 am

Is there still rum?

Or is the rum gone?

:drink:

Hiya, Dubs and Ms H (since I can never spell your name right on the first go, it's just been truncated! :P) :hug:

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rowanberry » Sat May 23, 2009 8:32 am

I think there's still plenty of the rum left...

And, yesterday, I didn't check the mailbox because I thought that the hubby had done it. So, only this morning did I find out that a flamingo from TimbucTook had flown here as well, just in time for the RingMariner party. :D Thank you, Tooks! :)
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Storyteller » Sat May 23, 2009 10:48 am

I've spent Friday with Aunt Tanya's family. Was lovely as usual.

Speaking of which, meet Volt:

Volt is Aunt Tanya's dog. An Amstaff, I think. He is rather intimidating in appearance when you see him up close, but he is really as harmless as a kitten. I don't think I've ever heard him bark at a human being; the main danger when dealing with Volt is that he is so heavy and powerful that when he tries to get up on two legs and lick your face he can unintentionally knock you over. That's when he could get up on two legs, that is, because right now he has trouble getting up on four. Volt is half-blind, half-paralyzed and suffering from the dogs' equivalent of Parkinson disease. The "electrical" name is the fault of Uncle Misha, Aunt Tanya's husband and my dad's cousin, who is an electronics engineer.

I've been taking some more bird photos. (I think I am becoming something of a bird watcher :shock: ). My attempts to get a decent photo of a Palestine Sunbird have failed; I'd need a much more powerful zoom for that. This is the best I've managed:

Doesn't really look much different from any other bird from this distance.

Oh and look whom I DID manage to photograph.

I've begun seeing these birds a lot in the last few years, almost exclusively in the Tel-Aviv area, but I never knew what species they are. Only recently did I figure it out- apparently, this is an Indian Myna, which is related to starlings. They're not native to Israel; a few mynas have escaped from the Te-Aviv zoo in the early 90-s, and since then they've been busily taking the country over.

There's a pair of these at my work place. I know where their nest is (as secure and inaccessible a place as any bird could conceivably find). People at work call them "bully birds", because they are fiercely territorial. They tolerate small birds like sparrows or bulbuls, but they are extremely aggressive towards anything bigger than themselves. I've seen them assault turtle doves, hooded crows (two mynas can take on a whole flock of crows, each of whom is twice bigger than a myna), and even cats.
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby heliona » Sat May 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Ms H? Is that me? :D If you have trouble spelling my name, it may help to know that it's an amalgamation of Helen and Fiona. :)

Lovely photos, Storyteller.

Scribbles, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :( And those cars look rather sexy. ;)

nl, you need to get fierce with your assistant. She may be your friend, but whilst she's working for you, she's your employee and if she's not doing her job properly then she needs sorting out. It's a difficult situation, though.

:hihi: everyone, as my brain's gone blank! Hope the weekend's treating you well. :)
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat May 23, 2009 5:09 pm

I rather like Ms. H... :P

Oops, gotta go do something else...scuse me! :)

EDIT: *comes back*

Storyteller: nice pics. Poor Volt...lovely looking dog...I'm sure he's much loved.

I like that myna bird too! :lol:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat May 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Volt is a great name for a dog. Poor guy. It's not so much fun getting older. :P

You'll get better with the camera, Storyteller. There are still some birds I haven't snapped because they don't stay still. :roll:

Rowan, the flamingo made good time getting there. He must have had a good tail wind. :D:D:D

Speaking of mail, I got a Louie postcard from Wisconsin. :D

And of course there's still rum! :drink:

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Calma » Sun May 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Whoa... Everyone must be enjoying the day... :shock:

We transplanted our tomatoes yesterday.
Keep your fingers crossed for them. Brown thumbs are quite prevalent in my family.
So far so good, though.

The weather's grand up here this weekend. Too bad I have to go to work tomorrow.

Have a good weekend all.

*uses this time to sweep out the TVM*
OoooOoooo... a quarter.....
And another one.... :D

Join the fun InThe TVM

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun May 24, 2009 5:40 pm

Ooo. Save those quarters. Did you know we can run the TVM like a juke box? Yep. Put in a quarter, pick a destination, and off you go....

Of course, the destinations are only musical. Like...we could go see the Electric Hayhem perform. Or the Stones. ;)

:D

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Calma » Sun May 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Oh, 8)...
How many plays do we get per quarter? :D

My new moniter is sooooo neat. :D
It's a lot wider than my old one and a sharper color, too.
Mommy is smiling. :D:D:D:D:D

Hey, Tooks, I recall you saying due to different reasons, you couldn't get the "nest cam" I posted in the Bird Watcher's Guild so I thought maybe you would like to see a picture of the babies that are there now.
It's not a very good picture because the nest is in the shadows and the birds are a dark color, but you can see the babies there, just not very well defined.

Enjoy. :D

ETA... a much better one... :D

Last edited by Calma on Sun May 24, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun May 24, 2009 6:20 pm

I was going to say something witty and fun...then forgot I was going to say something witty and fun...then forgot completely what else I was going to say...so I guess I'm must going to say...

:hihi:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Dubatuluk » Sun May 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Dropping in to say :hihi: all!

We had a great, long, fulfilling day today. Mom and dad and I took the orclet to Creede for the Taste of Creede festival. (Creede is an old silver mining town in the west of the Valley, and sits at the highest elevation of all the towns in the SLV @ 8600 ft.) We managed to get sidetracked on the way and go up to Bear Creek to look for geodes. In the rain. And the mud. We were very very wet when we got back to the car. :P Then we finally made it to Creede and had lunch at The Mermaid Cafe (it was [fill in the blank] pricey too) and then watched all the artists doing the paint off in the street. Then we went to the bead shop and mom, the orclet and I bought beads and made necklaces while dad got a good nap in the corner.

All in all it was a great day.

Hope yours was fantastic!
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby notlistening » Sun May 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Hey Y'all! Sorry I've een recalcitrant and absent and whatnot. Busy at work and on the weekend...and a bit lazy about turning the computer on too. It takes a lifeage to boot up and download so some days I just can't be fussed with the whole thing. Saw Star Trek over the weekend with da big brudda. We both enjoyed it and laughed at the OS jokes, that some people in the audience obviously didn't get.

Cute dog, ST! Give Volt a pat for me.

Yah for da Tooks marinating her own self in RUM!!! and posts! :clap: :drink:

I like that myna bird too!
oh no! not those noisy blasted critters! I despise the ones that live outside in the tree. They are a rest pest here and chase the native birdies out of their nests.

Also went to a Womens conference and got a fair bit out of the section dealing with depression. I'm feeling not quite myself today which I think is the depression. It's only mild but some days are worse than others. Some days I dread work, but I think that's to do with the assistant, some days I feel like I'm drowning in loneliness. Who knows what I'll be tomorrow? Perhaps a clown?

Hmmm, now I feel like I'm being a thread downer.

:hug: to all you lovely TVMers!
Release the Kraken!!
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby SilverScribe » Sun May 24, 2009 9:57 pm

nl, no matter what you are tomorrow, you'll still be special. :D:D

*is exhausted*

We had a pretty good weekend. I actually managed to hit Walmart for some perennials and got into the Garden for a few hours on Saturday. I took a break to attend our friends funeral, then came home and puttered about for a few more hours until hubby yelled for dinner. Hehehe. 8)

And we had a grand day today with the Mustang Gang. After the weather forecast said "chance of showers", we weren't sure if it would be nice enough for our cruise, but the wind came up and blew away what few greyish clouds were around . . . ;)

The whole afternoon was wonderful, a mix of sun and cloud made it perfect, so no one got burnt or anything. The only fly in the ointment came when we stopped at a riverside park for our BBQ/picnic, we were told there's still a fireban on. We almost expected that since we drove right through the area where we had those really bad brush fires a few weeks back. Wow. What an eeeeeerie looking landscape it is now . . . you could still smell the smoke too. :shock:

But all's well that ends well. We invited the whole crowd back to our place instead, hubby fired up the big ol' stainless steel Q, and we cooked up a HUGE batch o' food. Everyone had brought something, and they all just said "cook it up and whatever's left, we'll take home cold". So that's what we did. :D Along with all the potato salad, coleslaw and this utterly to-die-for-delicious pasta salad this one lady brought, it was quite the feast.

At the end of the evening, we all quietly agreed and ended up sending 90% of the leftover food home with this one couple, they have both had health issues, (the guy has just had a triple bypass) and have both been out of work for a while. They have the most adorable little 6 yr old girl, Kelsey, who has quite simply charmed the entire club, LOL.

So it was a pretty good weekend, all in all. Very tiring, but I figure maybe hubby will be working the next one, and I can catch up on some rest. ;)

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun May 24, 2009 10:51 pm

I had a great day today as well. We went shopping for groceries and then walked to Fred Meyers to check their flower supply and didn't get anything except a new rug for by the front door. Also a solar mole spike to chase them out of our yard. We will see if it works.

Then we had company this evening when a good friend of ours came by. :clap: We haven't seen her in months since she has been working long hours at the refinery. Elengil came by and had dinner with us. :yippie: We barbecued chicken tenders, fish filets and had a nice green side salad with it. We visited and chatted for hours. I was so very happy to see her again. Its been since last year that we saw her. I have missed her so much!!! We invited her to join us for dinner anytime she can come by. I guess her job at the refinery will be ending very soon so we might get to see her some more. :clap:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby notlistening » Sun May 24, 2009 11:19 pm

...puttered about for a few more hours until hubby yelled for dinner.

He yelled for you to come in for dinner or for you to make the dinner???? :shock: :P :twisted:

All you people eating loads of nice stuff. Love a good barbie! It's so dull cooking for one and not having a freezer big enough for lots of leftovers to freezer...

I think I have a migraine coming on. Head hurts and am getting senstive to the overhead light. Could be my brain is about to explode though. That would be messy...I wonder if they dissected it they coukld find which bits are labelled "Donna" and "Notlistening" and that other personality. :wink:

What is a solar mole? A cousin for Louie?
Release the Kraken!!
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Frelga » Mon May 25, 2009 1:28 am

Birds! Cool! I saw mynas in Hawaii, not sure if it's the same kind or not.

nl, hope the migraine went away fast. :hug: Nasty uncomfortable things.

Scribbles, sounds like you had a blast. And a good deed done in the bargain.

Baseball ate my Saturday. First Lufu's game, lost, but he has done pretty well, with his most powerful hit to date. He just barely got beaten to a double, and I think umpire should have called him safe. They have kid umpires, and they tend to forget the whole "tie goes to the runner" business. Then we rested a little, and went to watch my poor A's snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again. 5-1 lead most of the game, 4 home runs, 8-7 loss. But the fireworks show after the game was Gandalf-worthy, and the game was fun. Calma, your Mariners are coming next, I think. :)

Today we puttered around the house, and then headed for the wine country. We bundled up, the day being overcast and chilly where we are, only to find clear skies and people walking around in flip-flops and shorts. A nice outing, all in all.

Tomorrow - drumroll! - more Little League baseball.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon May 25, 2009 5:32 am

Hang in there, nl. The work situation is a downer, for sure. :hug:

Calma...thanks for the bird cam! It does work sometimes for me, but I haven't seen much. Sounds like you got a nice monitor. I got a lil ol' 15 inch square one. :D

Sounds like a BBQ and baseball weekend! Me myself, I am off for a bit of a run now. I had a race on Saturday..did okay at 24:30 for 5K. I used to do better. :P :roll:

Later........

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rowanberry » Mon May 25, 2009 8:21 am

Sounds that everybody's had a good weekend. :)

I had a nice weekend, too. :) On Saturday, the weather was a bit unsteady, so it was a perfect day for shopping; I needed a dress for the daughter's graduation party, and indeed found one, nice but simple. Yesterday, I went to see my parents, and on the way home, I popped into a garden store to buy some more summer flowers.

I've taken this week off work due to the graduation party preparations, but as the daughter had another entrance exam in another town today, we can't really get started until tomorrow. So, I had a good chance to visit the gym, do some grocery shopping, and defrost the freezer (which was long overdue... :roll: )

nl, hope your migraine went away fast. :hug:
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Storyteller » Mon May 25, 2009 10:12 am

Tookish_Traveler wrote:Volt is a great name for a dog. Poor guy. It's not so much fun getting older. :P

Volt isn't really old in dog years. He is 7, I think.

We've had the big meeting on Sunday, and it didn't really go well, because they bosses just aren't interested in seeing the employees' side of things. It was basically four hours of the bosses enjoying the sound of their own voices. Nothing productive.

On top of that we now have a dog problem.

This is the Dog. He is a street dog, but he wandered into our place and he seems to like it there. He is big, but completely harmless and very friendly. The guards can't help but feed him, even though he doesn't really beg for food; he just takes what he's given politely and carries it to his preferred eating place to dine in solitude. What he really seems to be after is human contact. If you pet him, he will follow you around all day and show affection in every way available to him.

The problem is that some of the women working at our place- including strategically important ones like the cook from the dining hall and the secretary of the Very Big Boss- are afraid of the Dog and want him gone. The men aren't really keen on that idea, especially since short of calling in animal control (which is both cruel and expensive) there isn't really a way to keep a street dog out of such a huge piece of land when it insists on getting in. It's way more hassle than it's worth. So now we await the decision of the Very Big Boss on whether or not the Dog gets permanent residence.
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon May 25, 2009 11:13 am

He's adorable!!! I'll take him!

Seriously, he deserves a nice place. Storyteller could aways take him home...yes??? ;)

My own mutt has a trip to the vet tomorrow. He has a partially torn ACL, and we need to know what else to do with him, poor guy. He's on very restricted activity now. I'm willing to get a specially made brace for him until he heals. We'll see what the vet says.

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Storyteller: it sounds like he was a pet at one time and got separated from his family. Those women just need to deal...he obviously isn't going to hurt anyone.

nl I understand what you're saying. I deal with depression too and sometimes you wonder if the way you're feeling is the depression itself or if it's an issue that you're dealing with or what...and then you get sick. Personally, I cry a lot. That helps in the short term. Lots of praying, talking with friends and family and my pastor helps too. :hug: :hug: PM me any time. :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Morwenna » Mon May 25, 2009 4:09 pm

nl: :hug:

Storyteller: what a sweet dog! Good luck!

Tooks: luv to your pooch!

Lazy weekend. We ran a couple errands on Saturday amd since then it's been goofing off around here. Hubby has been making liqueurs (see Food Thread) and I've been helping him decant old ones into nice bottles (this requires siphoning off the clear liqueur from the honey sludge that has settled). And tasting the results. Hic. Last I saw, he had two different batches done up.

Correction: he's just starting batch #4!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Calma » Mon May 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Well, Frelga your A's took it to my M's today. Rats... :x
But tomorrow's another day... :D

Saturday, Midge pulled out the wrong meat for my Wednesday lunch. I needed a beef roast and she pulled the corned beef. So, when I got into work this morning and found it, it was completely thawed and I was unable to return it to the freezer. I had to cook it up so I could put it back in the freezer.
The spices and peppercorns and brine they use for that rot has done quite the number on my sinuses. I have been sneezing and blowing my nose all day. And people don't believe me when I say that stuff makes me ill. :roll:

Speaking of work I get to work with the idiot squad tomorrow.
The four aids are all noobs and imo, lacking in the common sense department. Not to mention very slow....

Gads, it's going to be a very long day tomorrow.

Hope all had a good Memorial Day weekend.

I'm off for a Sudafed and bed.
Have a good one, people...

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive