PCE/JDE Table for FIVE Please!?!?!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby heliona » Fri May 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Stupid internet making me double post! :doh: Oh well, I suppose this is the thread to do it in. ;):lol:
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Mithnen » Fri May 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Swordsman_Of_The_Tower wrote:Kinda depressed about the end of the school year............made some good friends who are graduating.................I know we'll try to keep in touch short-term but I'm worried about more long term. It makes me nervous that this time next year I'll have graduated **gulp** I also don't think I can spend three entire months with the rents............I really can't see it ending well at all........... I've become a bit more independent then I think my mother realizes,likes, or can handle.

I'm at the exact same place, man. It's freaky. But exciting. And unnerving. I've only been back with my parents for 2 weeks & I already can't wait to move back out. All of us are too silly & stubborn to be under one roof at the same time :roll: Ahh, it'll all be fine though -- we can do eeeeet!! :D

& I like your glasses, Sil. They're definitely sexy librarian glasses :thumbsup:

I just ate a frozen Lean Cuisine ravioli thing, but with all the talk of mashed p'taters I'm hungry again. Thaaaaanks, guys :P

Guess what time it is?
Answer: party time.
10 more minutes & the weekend festivities can begin.
Woot.
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Mithnen wrote:Guess what time it is?
Miller Time! :D
Answer: party time.

Ah...close enough! :D

(anyone remember the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon?)

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri May 08, 2009 10:21 pm

I could never be a Vegan because I love cheese and yogurt too much!!! I don't usually eat red meats but I love shrimp and chicken and fish so I could never go vegetarian either. :roll: Oh well!!! :P
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri May 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Vegan? It ain't in the cards for this gal.. I could cut way back on meat and it wouldn't bother me too much, but I don't think I could cut it out entirely. I couldn't imagine giving up say.. chicken stock.. for my soups.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Amrunelen » Sat May 09, 2009 6:04 am

Swordsman wrote:It makes me nervous that this time next year I'll have graduated **gulp** I also don't think I can spend three entire months with the rents............I really can't see it ending well at all........... I've become a bit more independent then I think my mother realizes,likes, or can handle.

Ooh ooh! Sounds familiar. :P Though I feel quite ready for it....not that I know what precisely I'll be doing in a year and a month's time, but...we'll see. No longer bound to a place because of school, anyway. Then I just need to find a job. :doh:

The whole independence thing is partly why I've found study abroad so attractive....that feeling of detachment and freedom, so far away from home. And it makes home look better to return to when things don't go quite right sometimes. Eheh. I'll hardly be at home during the summer anyway since I'll be working 11 hours a day 6 days a week. :roll:

:hihi: to all.
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby rowanberry » Sat May 09, 2009 10:06 am

I'm possibly looking at kids being away from home from the other side soon, if my older one gets into a college in some other town. No need to roll in my bed, worrying and waiting and wondering when she will get home, if she's out with her friends, or waiting for a text message that she's safely at her boyfriend's place.

But, parents always worry. If we're going somewhere, both my parents and my MIL still like to get a call from us that we've got there, especially if we're driving.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby heliona » Sat May 09, 2009 1:36 pm

That's what parents do, and will always do. I think some children (and I don't mean that in the sense of being young, but just in the sense of being children of someone) don't realise that.

I remember being at someone's house and the grandmother telling her daughter (who was in her mid-40's, I think) that she should go to the bathroom before getting in the car to leave. :lol: It's a parent's job to do things like that, and age and experience of the child isn't going to curb that instinct. :)

The children should realise that and not take it as an insult or a show of a lack of confidence in their abilities. Children should cherish their parents (assuming they're not horrid people - I know someone who hasn't spoken with her mother in years and will never regret that) - one day they won't be there any more, and you'll realise how much a part of your life they were.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun May 10, 2009 5:04 pm

As far as checking in too...it's a good idea to tell someone where you'll be and if you're home. :) I used to resent it, but now I'm grateful...there have been times when my cell didn't work and my parents got ready to come looking for me when a meeting went over late.

It's always good that someone is worries about you...because it means they love you. My cousins no longer have a mom to worry about them and they're finding how much they depending on knowing that someone worried about them.

Always...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby luthienelflover » Sun May 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Whenever I go on trips my mom still likes me to let her know I got there and back safely so she doesn't have to worry. I think it's sweet. Except for the times when I forget to call and feel terribly guilty, then I think it's pointless. :whistle:

Just so long as she realizes that, barring an emergency, I won't be calling her when Tim and I are on our honeymoon :D
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon May 11, 2009 5:38 am

Just remember to call her when you get home so she knows you didn't kill him or vice versa. :P

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 am

For my POV, if you live with someone...parents, friends, roomies, spouces, boyfriend... whomever, when one is going somewhere, it is just good manners to let people know that you arrived safely. I once had a roomie who would take off for days and never say where she was going or when she would return. Her family used to call and I would have no answer for them. I asked if she would just let someone know and she replied that it is no one's business what she did or where she went. True enough. That was the last time I gave a flip about her and told her friends and parents when they would call looking for her.

This gal ended up that she was seeing a married man and he took her to Reno and dumped her there with nothing. She got into prostitution and other than one time I never heard from her again. I often wonder what happened to her.

Extreme story, but those who care for us in whatever capacity will worry for our safety. It takes nothing but a moment to leave a message that one got to or from their destination safely.

Hope all Mothers had a good day yesterday and everyone had a good weekend.

:hihi: to the PCEheads. :hihi:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Mon May 11, 2009 9:59 am

Good morning, PCEers!! Er, wait, it's afternoon now, isn't it?

Good afternoon, PCEers!! I actually did something productive this morning--went to the gym, the computer lab (I need my own scanner!) and the grocery store. I parked in the faculty lot up at school, which is not allowed even during the summer :roll: . It was only for about 10 minutes, except that I ran into my Greek professor in the parking lot (he has a nice car!) so there was a witness to my illegal parking! :shock:

Anyhow, posting from a local coffee shop right now. :D I've finally started the digital-art part of a drawing I'm doing for BT and TG (I move that we hereafter refer to them as BTG. Will anyone second my motion?) Computer chairs = kinda hard to draw. :P

Ditto what rwhen said about calling and letting people know where you are [going]. And Luthy, I'm totally calling you on your honeymoon. =:)

Yeah, okay, maybe not. :whistle:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon May 11, 2009 10:04 am

GwenElf wrote:I move that we hereafter refer to them as BTG. Will anyone second my motion?
I'll second that! :hihi:

You LAWBREAKER you!! :P

Actually, I used to do the same thing... :whistle:

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon May 11, 2009 10:13 am

Wow rwhen.. that's quite a story.

My hubby sometimes leaves without telling me and I do find that annoying.. I know he is only going down to Menards (hardware-type store) or something but still... it's a weird feeling when you think they are around SOMEWHERE.. and you go looking for them.. and they are gone. I don't think he does it to annoy me.. it just doesn't think about it at all.

Ah well.. how is everyone else today? Is your PCE suffering because of summer projects? I know mine is....
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon May 11, 2009 10:15 am

It's handy to have a cell phone, but some of the places I go, there's no coverage. The sewer plant, for example, is essentially in a "dead zone." Your phone will ring, but you can't answer or call out.

I guess I have PCE...I'm here! :D

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Mon May 11, 2009 10:21 am

*calls the parking police* :P

:D Sil, it does sounds like you were productive today!!

And I third the BTG shortcut. :D Works for me. What are you making for them Sil?

Rose friend. Hello. Yes, I would find that annoying. And, hey, it isn't like something will happen going to the hardware store. But it is also a case of "who knows". Are you having sun there today? Not us...cloudy, but not cold or windy. Hope you have a good one. :D

I have raging PCE everyday. Well except the weekends. When I pretty much don't even think about TORC. Posting and working have become so intertwined now that I have learned how to work and post without missing much from either.

:grouphug:

*calls the parking police on Iris too* :P

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon May 11, 2009 10:59 am

Nope.

No PCE here.

:D

---------------------

76 Muppets lined up on the stage, 76 Muppets lined up....
Beaker gasped in fear like a headlighted deer .....

:whistle:
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rwhen » Mon May 11, 2009 11:08 am

:whistle:

Nope not you Tookish. :shock: :shock: :shock:

:roll:

:D:D:D

Psssssssst. I like all your crazy Muppet siggies this month so far.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon May 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Muppet siggy's are the schiz. :D

We do have sun here right now! It started out cold, cloudy & breezy.. but it is very nice now.. I should be outside... now, if I could just get rid of the PCE..... :whistle:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Mon May 11, 2009 4:47 pm

It's very sunny here, but still rather chilly. Then again, I've been cold a lot lately; I blame the weight loss, since I'm usually able to stand my house's perpetual lower-than-average temperatures. :P

rwhen, I'm drawing a picture of a character they co-created/co-write. So far, I have most of the lineart done; almost time to colour!

:clap: Muppets!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Mon May 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Thread is 2000 posts; I'll be locking it now :)
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Previous

Return to The Library - General Archive