PCE/JDE Table for FIVE Please!?!?!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am

Yes, but you shall die happy. :D

Have you ever mixed mashed potatos with sour cream and garlic instead of using milk? Mmmm!

You know, we're going to need a new thread shortly!

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby GwenElf » Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:

Have you ever mixed mashed potatos with sour cream and garlic instead of using milk? Mmmm!

You know, we're going to need a new thread shortly!

And bigger pants, too.

Mrs. Dash, yay! I put her :D on my sautéed veggies. Never tried her in mashed potatoes, though.. sounds like fun!

Ilyda-- If I tell you I feel absolutely no loyalty at all towards the Michigan sports teams, will you still be my friend? Unless you're against the Classics Department, too :shock:, in which case I withdraw my hand of friendship. *shifty eyes*
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu May 07, 2009 11:20 am

Mashed potatos with sour cream and garlic - that sounds good. Not the healthiest dish maybe, but - isn't it the old truth that everything really enjoyable is illegal, immoral, or unhealthy? :P

Rather unhealthy than the other two options... =:)

(And, my vegan daughter would make a healthy version with soy cream. :wink: )
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu May 07, 2009 1:29 pm

I don't like too much butter or salt on my popcorn. I think that is why I like the air-pop kind. It adds no grease except the yummy butter flavor.

My sister makes some to-die-for garlic red-whipped potatoes. yummy, yummy, yummy. *sigh* Now I want mashed potatoes.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu May 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Iris. I think I have had mashies about everyway a body can cook them. When I really crave mashed taters...I like them the southern way my mother made them, to satisfy that itch. However, I adore roasted garlic mashies. Just for different applications.

Sil...Bigger pants too? :lmbo: Let me know if your like the lady Dash on mashies...not my cuppa, but it is probably good.

Rowan..your daughter is a Vegan? I didn't know that. :D Does it make it hard to cook for her? And I have to agree...if it tastes REALLY good, there is probably fat involved somewhere in the dish. ;)

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Ilyda » Thu May 07, 2009 3:08 pm

Sil wrote:Ilyda-- If I tell you I feel absolutely no loyalty at all towards the Michigan sports teams, will you still be my friend? Unless you're against the Classics Department, too :shock:, in which case I withdraw my hand of friendship. *shifty eyes*

I could be really mean and say "I Don't Give a D*** for the Whole State of Michigan." It would be really easy, since there is a whole song devoted to this sentiment. (Heck, there's a whole BAND devoted to this. Look up The Dead Schembechlers and keep a veeery healthy sense of humor, cause otherwise it's pretty offensive, and it's all extremely un-ToS-able.) However, considering the fact that I have known you prior to this to be an upstanding member of the non-Ann-Arbor part of the country, I shall have to agree to your proposal of friendship. I can hear my fellow graduates shrieking now, but they'll live.

This does not keep you from my mocking though. :twisted: No, now that you are my friend, you are even more subject to the mocking and the pointing and the laughing. Foolish Sil, to have willingly brought yourself into my clutches! :evillaugh:

*Ilyda takes off the cloak of melodramatic Michigan mocking and joins the rest of the conversation* Mashed potatoes? I've never been that much of a fan of potatoes to begin with. I have found one way I like them, in a Dutch dish called Hutspot, which I have been able to kinda/sorta mish-mash together on my side of the ocean. But otherwise, no interest on my end. Definitely more for all of you!

Rwhen--Cooking for a vegan can be quite interesting if no one else in the house is. I know my cousin, who is also a vegan, was here for Thanksgiving, and we had a separate tof-urkey and mushroom gravy for her (it was actually pretty good). However, I know when she came back from university a vegan, my aunt, who had so far acquiesced to cooking for her vegetarian daughter (in addition to my uncle, who does not eat seafood or foul), said that she would pretty much have to make her own food from there on in. Especially now that she's living on her own, she's become a pretty good cook.
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby Tygarya » Thu May 07, 2009 3:19 pm

You guys are making me hungry and i've only just had breakfast :D

I make my mash spud with butter and milk and finely chopped onion :) thats the way Bruce likes it, and I have tried it with cream, not with garlic.....i do have garlic....hmmmmm *starts planning tonights dinner* :D

Oh and Hunee is good Iris, although i think when the puppies arrive she is going to get her nose firmly out of joint :D:D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Thu May 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Ilyda-- Given your warning about the un-TOS-ability of The Dead Schembechlers, I'll pass and take your word for it. Consider me duly insulted. :P

I don't think I could afford being a vegan; heck, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to afford being healthy come September. :P Budgeting, ack!

Okay, guys, my dress is doooneeeeee!! And as promised, here is a not-so-great photo of it! You can even see my highlights, sorta. And a really awesome picture of my brother water-skiing in the background. :D
Anyhow, yaaayyy, finished! Now my sister just has to hurry up and decide on a design. Or just go shopping and buy a dress. One of the two. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Thu May 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Ummm sexy! :love:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Thu May 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Very nice, lookin' good kid :thumbsup:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Thu May 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Kinda depressed about the end of the school year............made some good friends who are graduating.................I know we'll try to keep in touch short-term but I'm worried about more long term. It makes me nervous that this time next year I'll have graduated **gulp** I also don't think I can spend three entire months with the rents............I really can't see it ending well at all........... I've become a bit more independent then I think my mother realizes,likes, or can handle.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 08, 2009 4:58 am

Tygarya wrote:Oh and Hunee is good Iris, although i think when the puppies arrive she is going to get her nose firmly out of joint :D:D
Isn't her nose already out of joint, simply because she's a cat? :P

Sil: nice dress! :thumbsup: You made that? That is way cool!

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Fri May 08, 2009 9:42 am

Sil :clap: You dress looks lovely and you look FANTASTIC. I can see the hard work you put in on your recent loss, from the last piccie I saw of you, which was a year or so ago. WELL DONE!!! :hug: :D The dress looks just like the pattern did, what a great job. Do YOU like how it came out? :D

Ilyda, that is a bunch o' work living with a vegan, I should think. I have also tried different tofu products...but being the meat hound that I am, I just could not give it up.

Lewie, actually this is the most exciting time of your life. After college is when you really start to LIVE and make money and planning the rest of how you want to evolve. I know it can be scary, but also very exciting. Friends will be friends for as long as the effort is made to keep them. Easy enough if you desire it. I would give anything to be back in your shoes again.

Iris. Hullo. :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 08, 2009 9:45 am

Money?

What is that, precious?????? :P

Yes, I think it would be hard to become a vegan at this stage of my life. But more power to her if she can do it and enjoys it!

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Fri May 08, 2009 9:50 am

*thinks of becoming a vegan* SHUDDER. :D

In fact I think I will eat a whole pig tonight smothered in pig fat and stuffed with bacon. :D *giggles* Already I feel better.

Money is GOOD. ;)

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 08, 2009 9:52 am

rwhen wrote:*thinks of becoming a vegan* SHUDDER. :D

In fact I think I will eat a whole pig tonight smothered in pig fat and stuffed with bacon. :D *giggles* Already I feel better.
:rofl:

Money is GOOD. ;)
Especially if you have it!

I just ate a pepperoni sub...with lots of veggies...yum!

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ayslhyn » Fri May 08, 2009 9:54 am

Hi m'lady and all on the PCE thread.

I'm puzzled as to where my Premiere Membership has gone. I paid for a year in March and now...no piccy, no PM's and no custom title. Shrugs

M'lady I mailed you on hotmail.
Ayslhyn
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Fri May 08, 2009 10:06 am

I got your mail and replied and you replied too. :D Talk to you tomorrow. On your PM. I don't have any clue. Glitchy stuff happens here, you wrote to inquire, I am sure they will sort it all out. :D :hug:

Iris, I save money from every paycheck, just for the IF COME or I WANT THAT NOW instances. It doesn't always leave me much for the week with bills and such, but at least I know I have that money if I need it. Also I don't feel too bankrupt knowing that that $50 or $100 is sitting around spare for me. And I DO spend it.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 08, 2009 10:08 am

I try that, and I have some in reserve, I just wish I had more. *sigh*

Someday I'm going to look back on all of this and laugh.

Right?

Right???

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Fri May 08, 2009 10:12 am

Absolutely. I can say with out a doubt that someday you will laugh at all this. :D

In the end that is about all we CAN do.

:twisted:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 08, 2009 10:13 am

:lmbo:

Thanks, I needed that!

Wow, this place is busy at the moment....

IrisBrandybuck

Postby GwenElf » Fri May 08, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks, everyone! :) Rwhen, I do like it! After I got the bodice and the skirt at the right lengths, it looked a lot better, and I got a strapless bra today, so I'm all set!

What I'm not sure I like, though, are my new glasses. They're a lot thicker framed and "Look! I'm wearing glasses"y than my old pair. Gonna wear them for a few days and see if they grow back on me. 8)

:hug: Lewie! Rwhen's right about making an effort to stay in touch; I hate to admit it, but Facebook is really a pretty good tool for staying connected with friends, not to mention all the other means of communication available today. Can't help you with the parents, though, except to say get a job and visit your friends a lot so you'll be out of the house.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri May 08, 2009 11:22 am

SIL! lovely dress! Great job!

Lewie Facebook is a great way of staying in touch/on top of things. As far as you mother goes.. would it work to appeal to her 'motherly pride'?? For example.. sit down & tell her that you love her and that parents who have done their job WELL, raise children who are independent -ready to go out & take on life- (not dependent slobs who never grow up). The whole point of proper parenting is to raise children who are able to make good decisions on their own--not just raise people who are good at taking orders. And that does require some failure/trial & error at times. Good parenting is about guiding.. not micro-managing.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Fri May 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Sil, your dress looks great! 8) And, if those are your new glasses, they don't look too heavy to me.

Rwhen, my daughter mostly cooks her own food, fortunately, and she's quite good at it. I bought her a book of vegetarian recipes from all over the world a couple of years ago, and a vegan cookbook last year, and she has tried quite many of the dishes. I've tasted some of them too, and they're really good!

Still, I wouldn't go totally vegan myself unless I had no other choice - I like milk products all too much, and like to have some fish or chicken or pork or beef every now and then. :P
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby GwenElf » Fri May 08, 2009 12:31 pm

No, those are my old glasses; my new ones look like this.

I think I'll like them more once I stop feeling dizzy... :Q
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Fri May 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Your new glasses kind of look like my glasses! :D

Lewie, I know how tough that can be, but you'll make it, and soon you'll be sad about never living with your parents again. (Or maybe that's just me :P) As for your friends... just make an effort and if they're worth it, they'll do the same. :hug:

So, I'm done. I now I have a week of lounging, and then off to Korea and then I start life as a, you know, ADULT. Living in my own apartment with no financial help from my parents. Terrifying. :P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 08, 2009 12:39 pm

I think your new glasses are really nice. :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby drieske » Fri May 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Indeed, they're very nice :)

Wishing you all a very nice happy weekend! :grouphug:
Step by step one travels far ~ in honour of J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Enjoy endearing photos, videos & thoughts in Cuteness

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

Image You are most welcome at Figments of a DuTchess and Doldriest
drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Fri May 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Drieske, you have a loverly weekend yourself. I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear all about your adventure. :D :hug:

Sil, your glasses look fine to me. They don't look too big or clunky or anything like I thought you were describing. Very nice. :D :hug:

Luthy, :clap: for being all done. Now you are getting ready for the trip to Korea. Exciting times my friend. :D I KNOW you will take plenty of piccies for us to gander at upon your return, right? Also, you will LOVE being on your own in so many ways and you are not alone ;)...that is very helpful. :D

Rowan. I could not give up on milk or milk products. I just can't. I am a milk baby from WAWWWWWAAAAWWWAAAYYYYYY back. It is my go to drink and I crave it. If I run out before I go to bed, I will actually wake up and Jones for it. Sad but too true. I have been known to dress in the middle of the night and go to the quick store to get milk. But then there is the cheese and sour cream and butter. I just don't think I could do it. But I do admire people who have the fortitude to hang in there. I am sure they are much more healthy than I.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Fri May 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Sil, I love the dress, and the glasses. I've got some black ones like that, although they're more rectangular than oval, and initially they took a bit of getting used to, but now I love them. :) New glasses always take a bit of time to get used to them - like a new haircut. :lol:

Lewie, I found when I went back to live with my parents after I'd been at uni, the worst thing was remembering to let them know where I was going, when I was coming home etc. It was merely so that they wouldn't worry, but I'd got used to not having anyone sitting at home, wondering where I was and possibly worrying about me. :D Once I remembered to let them know, they were perfectly happy to let me do my own thing. But then again, I get on ridiculously well with my parents, so I might not be the best person to get advice from! :D

Luthy, you're off to Korea so soon?! Wow, I didn't realise. Well, good luck and enjoy yourself and experience as much as you can (and take lots of piccies! :D).

I couldn't be a vegan. Like rwhen, I like my milk and milk products too much. :D And eggs. Yumm. I could probably be a vegetarian, for a wee while. But I do love meat, so I don't think I'd last (I had gammon steak for dinner tonight. :D)
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive