PCE/JDE Table for FIVE Please!?!?!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Mon May 04, 2009 1:56 pm

*sneaks in behind Drieske and slams door shut*

Hi ya Drieske!! You are more than welcome on thread. Of course, now you are captive, so you really don't have a choice. ;)

PCE = Post Count Envy. ;) I think we all suffer from it from time to time, well everyone but Luthy and maybe Vanadarlin'. And even if you DON'T suffer from PCE or JDE = Join Date Envy (which you don't), this is as good a place as any to let us know what is going on in your life. :D

*hangs Drieske's portrait on the wall*

See? That looks great doesn't it. :D :hug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Mon May 04, 2009 2:09 pm

*jumps up at the loud bang and then grins at her jailer*

Could be worse indeed ;) I'm honored that my portrait is up for all to see now!

*desperately tries to find a piece of cloth to obscure the painting*

So what do all of you do in here? Post like madmen and -women? Or stare at each other envying?

Tomorrow will be the last day of my little holiday and then it's back to work. Back in line. Back to the harsh reality. Back to law and order. Back to regularity. Back to my students :D

:hug: Great to be here.
Step by step one travels far ~ in honour of J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Enjoy endearing photos, videos & thoughts in Cuteness

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

Image You are most welcome at Figments of a DuTchess and Doldriest
drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon May 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Basically what we do is lament our lack of total posts and by lamenting, that helps to ease the pain of PCE. It is sort of like AA...

"Hello, my name is rwhen, and I have PCE"

:Hello rwhen."

You must declare the problem, I mean trying to deny it will only prolong the eventual disclosure anyway. So why not just go ahead and state your name and your problem and then we get on with the fun.

*takes all cloth away from Drieske as her portrait hangs in good stead with all the others who have declared their PCE addiction*

:P:P:P :love:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Mon May 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Alright, here goes nothing...

*observes nothing disappear in the distance*

Hello, my name is drieske, and I have a severe case of PCE! Please help :blush:

:angel: :drink: :angel:

:rose:

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon May 04, 2009 2:31 pm

There, now that wasn't too hard, was it? (even if it isn't true, you help the rest of us) :D:D:D

Now you are a member of the family. If you really feel the addiction getting away from you, just come right on in here and we will soothe that savage beast for you. :D:D

Now...thanks for the smoothie. YUMMO. When you have a tiny bit of time, read a bit of the thread and you will see that basically it is about NOTHING and EVERYTHING. So posting ANYTHING is totally acceptable, within TOS of course.

About your bedtime. :hug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Mon May 04, 2009 2:55 pm

Not bedtime yet, first I have to get something off my chest: I booked the holiday for me and my boys to London :yippie: I'm so excited :yippie: We'll go in July. It will be their first time traveling by plane :D

A thread about everything and nothing sounds totally acceptable ;) Now I know a lot more ROFL. Will read up tomorrow, you're right: it is bedtime.

:hug: have a wonderful evening Rwhen and all the others in here. See you soon.

drieske
Mariner

Postby GwenElf » Mon May 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Whoops, I come back just as drieske is leaving! Hiya anyway, drieske!! :hihi: Welcome to the thread; so glad to see that you've so openly admitted your PCE--now you can move on to the next step in overcoming your problem!

:D

And congrats on booking your holiday! That sounds great! I loved London and would seize any (inexpensive) opportunity to go back.

*Has S'mores and Cherry Chocolate Chip ice cream* :love:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby sandra » Mon May 04, 2009 3:42 pm

rwhen wrote:Sandra!!! Grand to see you on the PCE. :D You KNOW you are ten times welcome anytime you would like to pop in. I would enjoy seeing you more, that is for sure.

awww thanks Rwhen. But you might regret that :D

And carrying on from Iris's silly folk, I suddenly remembered these.....

Here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sears hairdryer: do not use while sleeping. (but it’s the only time I have to work on my hair)

On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (must be a shoplifter special)

On Swanson frozen dinners: Serving suggestion: Defrost first. (its only a suggestion)

On Tesco’s Tiramisu dessert (printed on the bottom of each pack) Do not turn upside down. (it’s a bit late for that)

On Marks & Spencer’s Bread Pudding: Product will be hot after heating. (and we thought?)

On the packaging for a Rowenta iron: Do not iron clothes on body. (but wouldn’t it save time?)

On Boot’s children’s cough medicine: Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication. (perhaps it could reduce the rate of 5 year olds having construction accidents)

On Nytol sleep aid: Warning, may cause drowsiness. (So, you are taking this because?)

On most brands of Christmas lights: For indoor or outdoor use only. (as opposed to what?)

On Sunbury’s peanuts: Warning, contains nuts. (Honestly)

On American Airlines packet of nuts: Instructions, open packet, eat nuts. (and I thought they were just for flicking at the people sitting in the next row)

On a child’s superman costume: Wearing this garment does not enable you to fly (DUH!)

On a Swedish chainsaw: Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals. (oh the pain of it)
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon May 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Sandra: :rofl: :D

I have to admit...those hand-held steamers? They have the warning to not use them while wearing the clothing? Uh, huh...well, I ignored that warning last summer...had a horrible burn on my stomach for weeks. And hid it from my mom with difficulty. I had to have one of the nurses at church look at it and tell me what to do to get it to heal, cause it wasn't healing...

:bang: :roll: :P

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby drieske » Tue May 05, 2009 5:13 am

Hey there GwenElf, and how do we overcome our problem? :lol:
The trip to London is indeed very expensive, and it's only for 6 days; but I think it's worth it :D Flying with my sons jiiiihaaaaa :horse: Any specific sights we MUST see? The British Museum is going to be one of them, they'll probably have to drag me out of there haha.

Enjoy the ice cream!
Hello Sandra :hihi: those label instructions are too good to be true :roflmbo: were those really printed? By or for sane people? *shakes her head*

That must have hurt Iris :hug: we all do crazy things at times. Like I'm going to do now: dragging my youngest son to the hair dresser. He's looking like a hippie and I've put my foot down today. Hopefully the hair dresser won't put her scissors down after his glare ;)

drieske
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 05, 2009 5:46 am

I'm not sure which hurt more, my tummy or my pride. :P

Luthy, saw it was Kirkgaard's birthday today, thought of you. :)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ilyda » Tue May 05, 2009 6:59 am

Well, it's time for me to finally break down and say it, I think.

"My name's Ilyda, and I have post count envy."

"Hi Ilyda."

Really, I look around at all the rings and spiky shields, and then I look at my almost 5-year-old join date and the lone black shield under it. It's kinda sad. It's what I get, though, for coming in and out of this site so irregularly. (I might not be here a month from now, but I'll be back in 6.) So, yeah. I really am jealous, even though I'm totally the one to blame for that.

No one ever said I had to apply logic to this. Silly logic, who needs that anyway? :wink:

Sandra: I've seen some of those before, but they are always funny. Thanks!

Iris: Ouch! That sounds like it hurt. Also, the common senseless questions at National Parks were very funny. I have one to add to your list about the USS Constitution in Boston: "When was it decommissioned?" (It wasn't, and they said so on the tour. Oops? In my defense, I meant "When did they stop using it in battle", but I felt like enough of an idiot I didn't try to correct it. :rofl: )
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 05, 2009 7:08 am

I think a lot of those questions really are people who mean one thing, but say another. :D

Whoever posted the Not Always Right link...I'm having SUCH FUN with it! :D

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Tue May 05, 2009 7:14 am

Sandra, I don't think I would regret it at all. Those labels are a riot. :lmbo: I have seen similar before, but not those. I remember one that was for a deoderant that said "for external use only"....ummm. Okay. ;)

Drieske. Good day to you. :clap: on your booking the trip to London. I bet you and the boys have a lovely time. I can't tell you where to go while there, but there are the usual suspects. Big Ben, London Tower, Changing of the guard, the Eye, Buckingham Palace, the museums....schtuff like that there. :D Just a few months away now. Very cool. Well actually it will probably be pretty warm. :P

Sil, how is the dress coming along? You about finished with the first one? Were the S'mores IN the cherry chocolate ice cream?

Iris...ouch. I remember when you did that, you posted about it.

Okay folks, it is TUESDAY....not like you needed a reminder, but hey...I am like a stoopid warning label. ;)

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 05, 2009 7:21 am

I'm surprised I don't have a scar. :rofl:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 05, 2009 7:41 am

:roflmbo: Sandra those are priceless!!! :lmbo:

I still laugh at the idea that coffee that you buy ready made has to say "Caution Hot". I mean if I drank coffee isn't that why I would have ordered hot coffee?? :lol:

Hey Drieske and Ilyda!! :hihi: Nice having you two join with us!! I love new PCE members coming in and becoming part of our envy group!!

Hi I am Vana and I have RAGING PCE!!! I have to work during the day and miss all getting to post with all my friends here. I get Thursdays off so I will be here posting away as long as I have folks to post with.

Well I have to run and get ready for work and be off again. See you all in two days if not before!!! :hihi: :hug:

Rwhen a very special :hug: for you my SSOTH!!! :rose:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby drieske » Tue May 05, 2009 8:05 am

Heya Ilyda, those shiny golden rings are nice eh? They make us really feel that PCE deep deep down inside ;)

Good-Tuesday-morning/afternoon/evening everyone! :D

*reads the stoopid warning label and makes sure she pays attention to the small print*

What does it say Rwhen? Let me see...

"huggable to a certain extent"

Ah but let's try it anyway, see how our dear Rwhen reacts to this treatment :hug:

Don't worry Vana, we won't post at all today and tomorrow, nope not at all, so you won't have to feel that PCD :D

drieske
Mariner

Postby rowanberry » Tue May 05, 2009 8:23 am

Sandra, those instrucctions are a riot. :rofl: (Really, don't or can't some people think? :roll: )

Hi Drieske and Ilyda! :hihi:

As for the LOTR Symphony, I enjoyed it very much. 8) Of course, it felt very short, after listening to the movie soundtracks for a few years... :P And, it was great to see how many musicians and singers, what special instruments, etc. it takes to perform this work.

Some people in the audience wore Middle-earth costumes, and the Finnish Tolkien Society had a stand in the lobby. I bought a couple of humoristic badges from them. :D
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 am

Ildya, sorry I missed your first post here. *slams door and tosses the key*. Now you are here for the long haul. Hope that you DO post and keep us in the loop of your life. :D

Rowan, I am glad you enjoyed the symphony. I agree that it wouldn't be the same after hearing Howard Shore (thinks of Fala), but still a treat to be with fellow lovers of Tolkien.

Vanadarlin'....:hug: right back to you my SSOTH. Sure do miss you now more than ever. *sigh* We will get together in August for sure. Til then, see you on Thursdays and the mornings when you can get on. :hug:

Drieske, the effect goes to work immediately. :hug: <------ right back to ya. :D And I can't make that promise I am afraid. MUST POST... :x

:P :D How is your last day of freedom going so far?

Iris, what link are you referring to? I could use some fun. ;)

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 05, 2009 8:40 am

IrisBrandybuck

Postby drieske » Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am

Rowanberry, so nice you could go to that LotR symphony. Don't think there's been one here in Holland.

On my last day of freedom :P I did laundry Rwhen, went shopping for groceries and sat down at the hairdresser's to watch her handle Sean... it was interesting and he looks like a civilized human again ;) if only for those eyes he could even look serious hihi.

The promise might prove too much for me too I'm afraid Vana, can't keep my fingers off the keys. TORC is calling out to us, sorry :blush:

ROFL Iris, thanks for the URL! :D

drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Tue May 05, 2009 8:53 am

The way you describe Sean, I would picture him with mischievious eyes. But happy and fun too. :D Not tons of fun for your last day off, but at least it also wasn't too hectic and such. AND you are HERE. WHOO HOOOOT.

Check out the website Iris left, there is some funny stuff there. :D

Thanks IRis.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby luthienelflover » Tue May 05, 2009 11:03 am

ILYDA! :D Hi!

I feel honor bound to tell you that I am no longer a citizen of Ann Arbor. Can we be friends now? :P

Iris, I LOVE that site. :rofl: I spent a whole day reading the entire archives once. :whistle:

And thanks for reminding me that it's Kierkegaard's birthday! :D:D

Rowan, I'm glad you enjoyed the LotR symphony! :D

:hihi: Drieske!

*goes off to do work, ew*
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby heliona » Tue May 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Wow, I'm away for a long weekend, and come back and there are two more PCE-ers! :D

:hihi: to Drieske and Ilyda. :)

Well, as I said, I've had a long weekend. I spent it relaxing at Wilko's and then shopping for food for my parents coming back to their boat for the summer. Then I picked them up from the airport on Monday (and introduced them to Wilko for the first time! :shock:) and we went out for dinner on Monday night. Then it was back to work on Tuesday for Wilko and back up to Scotland for me, as I'm back at my shift work tomorrow morning.

Right now I'm watching the Arsenal vs Manchester United match in the Champions' League Semi-Final - it's rather good.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby rwhen » Tue May 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Welcome back heliona. Sounds like things went very well with your parents and meeting up with Wilko. :D I will write off thread for the juicy details.

Are you back at work now? Or you said you were watching a match on TV, so I suppose not. What is your work schedule this week?

Missed YA... :hug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Tue May 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Poor Iris, that sounds very painful. Even if you didn't have sense at the moment you decided to do that at least you were wise enough to get it checked out. Great link :)

Rwhen, I've heard that one about the deodorant before :rofl:

Hi drieske. Yes those were actually printed instructions. Sad but true that folk do crazy things at times :D

Hello to Ilyda, Vana, Rowanberry and Luthy :)

Heliona, now we can be friends provided that you don't mention the football again..ok, got it?? :x :D
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue May 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Sandra, I am getting ready to walk out the door now, but I wanted to greet you again today.

And I admit....now you have me VERY curious about "football"...

Tell...tell.... :D

See everyone tomorrow on the PCE...be here or live in fear...of the cookie monster.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tygarya » Tue May 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello Rwhen and everyone :hug:

Thought I had better stop in and say Hi while I have a chance, I have put an update on my life in TVM, so won't repeat things here, but to say I am going to be a grandma soon ........

our dog is about to have puppies any day now, due within a week anyway, but she is producing milk so she can't be far off...I am getting very excited can you tell :D:D:D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Tue May 05, 2009 5:45 pm

TYG!!! *Tacklehugglomp* :hug: We misssss youuuuuu! And congratulations on being an almost-grandma!! (Okay, the first time I wrote that sentence, I wrote "on being a puppy!" :rofl: )

Dress is coming slowly, since I've sort of lost my momentum and inspiration. I've tweaked the bodice length and now just have to attach the skirt and shorten it. And hem it. Hence the loss of momentum. :P

Heya Ilyda! :hihi: Welcome to the thread!

sandra! :rofl: I've gotta say, your commentaries were just as hilarious as the labels themselves!

Popcorn + Sleepless in Seattle here; what's everyone else doing this evening/morning/afternoon/whenever?
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue May 05, 2009 6:11 pm

Tygggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tackleglomphug*

Um...what else was I going to say?

IrisBrandybuck

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive