PCE/JDE Table for FIVE Please!?!?!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Tyg darlin it is great to see you and Congratulations on becoming a grand ma soon. :D :thumbsup: Even if we are speaking of the canine type. :P

Drieske, Heliona, Iris and everyone else, I have missed posting with you lot so much.

Loved the link Iris as they are some of the funniest stories I have read in a long time. It's amazing how weird some folks are. :roll:

Gwenny I cant wait to see the dress. I bet it will be very pretty when you finish it. I have seen the pattern you showed but I find it very interesting to see the colors and textures of fabric that people choose. :D

Rwhen we most certainly will get together this August or as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

:hihi: Sandra!

Sorry if I missed anyone!! :hihi:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ilyda » Tue May 05, 2009 7:55 pm

luthienelflover wrote:I feel honor bound to tell you that I am no longer a citizen of Ann Arbor. Can we be friends now? :P

Absolutely Luthy! Now that you're not infected by the U of M (aka the Cesspool of the World), I can tell that we are going to be friends. :P :wink:
(Where are you now anyway? If you're close, maybe we could meet up sometime.)

Tyg: Congrats on upcoming grandma-hood. :hug:

As I heard several times tonight, 'Feliz Cinco de Mayo' everyone.
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Tue May 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Ilyda, I'm living in South Bend, IN starting the first of June. Before that I'm going to be in Korea! I'm pretty excited. :D

And I should also tell you that Sil is attending U of M for grad school in the fall so you should take out your rage on her now. :angeldevil:

:hihi: Heliona! And TYGS!! I would be excited too! :D I assume we get pictures of the babies, right? Right??? :P
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue May 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Hello everyone! :hihi:
Popcorn & Sleepless in Seattle.. :love: *sigh*
I really missed popcorn when I was gone on my trip.. I don't know if it is just not popular in the U.K. or if it was because we were traveling... I probably wouldn't have had time to eat it anyway...

Korea.. wow.. that's pretty interesting luthien... are you going to study there? I guess the schools are VERY hard over there... and in Japan too.

Tyg.. grandmahood?! You're too young... oh.. puppies.. lol!!

Hello & welcome newbies Ilyda & drieske!
drieske... so.. are you one of Estel's 'lovely dutchies'? ;)

Rowanberry.. I am very jealous of your lovely symphony evening.

Sandra.. those labels! :rofl: 'Do not attempt to stop a chain saw with...!!! :shock: What are people THINKING! Oh.. that's the problem I guess. :P

Rwhennie.. yes dear.. I'm still around... Spring is a busy time for us Hobbits.. gardening & all. :hug:

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 pm

No, Rose, Tim and I are just going over to Korea for a visit. We're leaving in about a week and a half and we'll be there for the rest of the month. Tim's cousin is over there teaching English right now, so we're going to stay with him. :D

And popcorn is delicious. :love:
Alex :heart:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue May 05, 2009 11:26 pm

Wow Luthy.. what a wonderful opportunity to see a corner of Asia! We'll expect a report when you return! :D
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Wed May 06, 2009 2:27 am

luthienelflover wrote: :hihi: Heliona! And TYGS!! I would be excited too! :D I assume we get pictures of the babies, right? Right??? :P

Pics, yes, I'm sure Brittnee will consent to her children being photographed :D:D

and thanks for the welcome backs, I don't know how often I will be in, but i will try to be around more :) :grouphug:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Wed May 06, 2009 5:45 am

sandra, I don't particularly want to talk about the football either, so I think we may be on the same page!

Rose, you can buy corn for popping in supermarkets, you just have to know where to look! (What you can't get is the cheesy already-popped popcorn that you can get in the US - yumm!) I love popping my own popcorn, and so am always hunting it down! :lol:

Yes, we must see photos of the puppies!!

I saw a Shetland Pony foal last week and it was tiny! I think it was very young, because it was sticking close to it's mum - but it was so cute! Unfortunately I was driving, so I couldn't take a photo.

:hihi: everyone! :)
Image<-- Cute Border Collie puppy for Cute animal month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby rwhen » Wed May 06, 2009 7:12 am

Sil, that is usually when I run out of steam too, making the final hems and such. But you will get back on it. :D I don't know what I was doing when you posted, probably drinking + Law and Order. ;) :D

heliona, I get there is a story about football, but best to leave it alone. Great to see you back again from your long weekend, glad it was a success. :hug:

Tyggies...:love: Awwwww, that is so sweet that you are going to have puppies in your house. FUN. Also that your house is under contract. I hope the other sells their home, so you will finally be able to get out and get on the plans that you have. :hug:

Vanadarlin'...WHOOO HOOOOO. Almost Thursday!! Looking forward to tomorrow and posting up with you, enjoying time together and laughter. :hug and 143 my SSOTH.

Rose...life does happen, glad you stopped in and left a howdy. *sends over buckets of popcorn*

Luthy, Korea...have a great time and take piccies. :D

Ilyda....Cinco de Mayo...where I used to live this was a huge holiday and the town shut down at night and we partied until we couldn't any longer. The food was the best and well, everything was fun. That was many many moons ago now, but I recall it fondly.

Drieske and Sandra and Iris....:hihi: Hope your day so far is a great one.

Wednesday on the PCE. Almost three down and two ta go.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed May 06, 2009 7:58 am

I have so much work to do...sheesh. :roll:

:hihi: to everyone!!!

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Wed May 06, 2009 8:13 am

What's got ya so busy? Other than "work". Do you have a bunch on your plate today? I know it is Wednesday...so it could potentially be a LONG day.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed May 06, 2009 8:25 am

Oh, I wish! I really do wish! :D But had that opportunity on Monday, ;)

Yes, a ton of pages to read. *sigh* The one reporter...he can't write well to save his life and it is VERY annoying. :roll:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed May 06, 2009 11:24 am

:graciously accepts the popcorn from Lady rwhen:

Oh.. I can eat an embarrassingly large amount of popcorn :blush: especially if I am watching a movie.

helonia.. thanks for the info. If I ever go to Europe again I'll have to remember that. I usually hot-air pop my popcorn and drizzle a small amount of butter on it.. along with some salt.

When we had our Japanese exchange student.. she was puzzled when we got out the popper.. and she watched ... and all of a sudden she said, "OH.. pup-corn!" I don't think she'd ever had it but had maybe seen it in movies or something. She only ate one piece. I don't know if popcorn is as big anywhere around the world as it is here in the U.S.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed May 06, 2009 11:30 am

Pup-corn! I love it! :D

I generally only like it at movie theaters. If my dad makes some, I'll eat a little bit, but microwave popcorn just isn't the same, adn we're too lazy to get the air popper out. :P

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Wed May 06, 2009 11:42 am

I adore popcorn. Tons of butter and salt. I eat it about once a week I guess. Good ruffage. I PREFER movie popcorn as well, with extra butter and salt please. But I make the microwave stuff, make it from the kernel on the stove too. Popcorn = goodness for the tummy.

Lately I have an addiction to Cheetos - Crispy ... I eat a handful when I get off work, one at a time. (it takes me a long time to eat anything crispy, I basically have to suck it into submission)

Man that just sounds SO wrong. :roll:

Pup-corn. LOL. Priceless. And I think you are right on that Americans probably eat more popped corn than any other country. We invented it per se and while other countries do sell it, it is not the phenom like it is here.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Wed May 06, 2009 12:01 pm

rwhen wrote:heliona, I get there is a story about football, but best to leave it alone.

There is a story...a very short one. Arsenal lost :cry2:
And this is where you come in and be sympathetic :D

Heliona, I get the feeling you watched the match under duress :(

Hugs to all :grouphug:
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed May 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Ah, I see. Meaning the football (soccer) team for England? I just read that they won on May 3rd facing Portsmouth. *shrugs* Either way, if you lot are rooting for the Arsonal, then so am I.

:happydance:

Sorry for the loss, ladies.

*leaves sympathetic vibes dribbing from the rafters*

Howzat?

:D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Wed May 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Popcorn. :love: Oh man, I could eat popcorn every day. I could eat popcorn right now!!

..but I won't, because we're having homemade pizza for dinner. More :love: !

In other news, I finally got the skirt cut to the proper length and sewn on the dress. Now I just have to do the lining and hem, and it'll be done! Huzzah!! :clap:

And in different-other news, I got my hair highlighted and cut today! Not a lot of cutting, just some layers, but it's all shiny and straight and partially blonde right now! Wheee! :)

Won't be doing that again; reaaallly expensive. :shock:

Ilyda-- Uh-oh, why don't you like U of M? Besides its status as cesspool, which I totally concede. :P
Last edited by GwenElf on Wed May 06, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed May 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Ah Sil. Great news on the dress and how far you have got on it. And I hear you. I only get my hair done twice a year because it is so expensive. And the longer your hair...the more it is. On the other hand, I bet you look fantastic and just in time for the wedding too.

Homemade pizza...:love: You rock!!! Enjoy and THEN have the pup-corn.

:D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Wed May 06, 2009 2:20 pm

sandra wrote:There is a story...a very short one. Arsenal lost :cry2:
And this is where you come in and be sympathetic :D

Heliona, I get the feeling you watched the match under duress :(

Hugs to all :grouphug:

No, not at all. I watched it all of my own accord (I was actually on my own in my little flat, so no duress at all!). The women in my family are very much into football. :) I am very sympathetic to your cause, because I wanted to Arsenal to win as well. :(

:grouphug:
Image<-- Cute Border Collie puppy for Cute animal month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Tygarya » Wed May 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Hey!! No one is putting my puppies into pupcorn!! :D:D

Look at me...on TORC 3 days in a row :D:D:D

and I Looooovvvveeeeeee popcorn, its such a good healthy option treat....until it gets smothered in butter :D:D

Thanks Rwhen for your thoughts, i hope the guy sells his house too, but realistically the real estate agent (who has been quite honest with us ..... i know... an honest agent :shock: ) he said the guys house is over priced and can't get the guy to reduce his price so...... who knows what will happen but trying to stay postive about it :D:D
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed May 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Tyggies...my dear lovely sweet friend. I will still wish for the best for you on the sale. It is your time, finally. I miss you.

:love:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tygarya » Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm

I miss you too!! :hug:

Well I have been here for the last 3 days, should be here tomorrow too with any luck...we finally got 3g in our area (i know! i know! backwards back water country :D ) so my connection is definately improving :)
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu May 07, 2009 8:14 am

Hey on the PCE. Thursday and glad of it. Get through today and then it is Friday. WHOOO HOOOO.

Hope everyone is good and your PCE is in full blown mode. ;)

Tyggies, excellent that you got some good internet connection now. :hug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu May 07, 2009 8:16 am

Yes, I'm wondering how Hunee Thistle is doing these days. :)

I get an extra hour of work this week. In fact, this will be the third week in a row I've gotten that extra hour.

I wish it meant a lot more money.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rowanberry » Thu May 07, 2009 9:46 am

Hooray for Tyggie's improved Internet connection! :clap:

Pup-corn, LOL... Popcorn is good, especially with butter (not too buttery though), but I don't like it very salty. I rarely eat it though, maybe at movies, and we might pop some in the microwave if we invite friends over.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 07, 2009 9:54 am

Yeah I don't eat it like I used to. I would love to have theatre popcorn smothered in butter but I think I would end up looking like a popcorn tub rounder then I am tall. :roll:

In wanting to lose weight I have given up most sugary items (I do limit them greatly), all salty treats, added loads of yogurt, apples, fresh vegetables and almonds to my diet. I am baking my fish with Mrs. Dash spices and lemon juice only. Its a different flavor but something I can live with. I am sure I will soon enjoy the different flavor over how I used to eat it.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ilyda » Thu May 07, 2009 10:15 am

Luthy, you are now largely absolved of your connections with the Wolverines. You still lived there for almost as long as I've known you, though, so you'll never get rid of it entirely. But my active mocking will now visit upon Sil. :evilaugh: And well-deserved, since she chose to go there. (What did the Michigan student get on his SAT? Drool! :lol: ) You're in South Bend, though? Don't forget to visit "Touchdown Jesus." :roflmbo:

Sil wrote:Ilyda-- Uh-oh, why don't you like U of M? Besides its status as cesspool, which I totally concede. :P

You go there and you agree with me. I feel vindicated now. And why don't I like the Wolverines, you ask? Clearly, Luthy and I managed to keep our little rivalry well-hidden. I am a proud alumna of The Ohio State University and am currently living in Columbus. I would go on to quote some fantastically hilarious anti-Michigan saying, but too many of them are un-ToS-able ("Cesspool of the World" comes from the Ohio State lyrics to Hail to the Victors, which is otherwise not postable). So, I leave you with "Go Bucks! Michigan sucks!" :P

Popcorn? I adore the smell and have always liked the nice buttery kind. However, I have far too many memories of getting little pieces stuck in my braces when I was younger, and I still manage to get things trapped between my teeth. It has its place (like movies!), but I am sadly not its biggest supporter. More for everyone else, though.
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 07, 2009 10:18 am

I hear what you are saying Ilyda. I find myself digging popcorn hulls out of my gums for days even with good brushing and flossing. They can be so irritating.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Thu May 07, 2009 10:29 am

Ohio State. You go Ilyda!!!

Vanadarlin'. You know that I don't have that problem, with the crispy bits getting stuck in my teeth ;) :D:D But I DO love popcorn. I use Mrs. Dash, I like the taste for some things. But NOT potatos...mashed. That musts be butter and salt in the right proportions. I like it on a steak though to substitute for salt.

I admit, I am horrid when it comes to controlling any cooking or eating impulses. I am sure when I go, my heart will be used in medical science of how is it possible to be a solid and have lived that long. :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive