PCE/JDE Table for FIVE Please!?!?!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Oh no that sucks!! You can do it though and we will be here for you!! :hug: Love you hon!!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:24 pm

I have PCE.

The first 10,000 seemed easy...but now, here I am, not even at 11,000 yet.

*sigh*

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby elfshadow » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:35 pm

I was wondering, rwhen, when you said that. :rofl: But no worries! We'll help you get there.
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Oh Rwhen we love you no matter how long it takes. But it shouldn't be long at all!! You have lots to say and lots of us who are anxious to listen and see what it is. :D :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:38 am

Well, I had PCE when I joined the first thread, and then I got lost. :cry2:

However, I now have PCE again - I want a blue spiky wheel! :D Of course, I've got a long way to go, but that doesn't stop me wanting one!

I'm presume that JDE means "Join Date Envy" which I don't have, for obvious reasons. ;):P

Regrading blood pressure, when I first had mine measured when I registered with a doctor when I went to uni, it was higher than expected for my age. The next time it was measured, it was lower than before, but still higher than they wanted. The doctor asked me if I was stressed. :shock: Uh, yes! I was at uni, what did they expect?!

Anyway, I went to a clinic a few months' ago to get a check-up and a smear test etc and they tested my blood pressure and it was normal. So hurray! I went back about a week ago and again it was normal, although she did have to take it twice. I suffer from "White Coat Syndrome" (I believe that's what you were referring to, Vana.) which means you get stressed out about seeing the doctor. I very deliberately have to take deep breaths when they're taking my blood pressure, just to calm myself down! :D But obviously I'm less stressed now than when I was at uni. :D
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:35 am

Heliona: that dog does NOT look happy! :rofl:

Speaking of unhappy dogs: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481426,00.html

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby heliona » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:58 am

I know. :D I think it's got a look of patient long-suffering. :D I found a link for Cock-Robin a while ago about polar bears and huskies getting along. I really should find it again. I know that they did actually interact perfectly happily for ages and nobody got eaten. :D

I heard about Jacques Chirac's dog. :lol: Ironically, I've been watching Dog Whisperer recently, which makes me wonder what the Chiracs are doing so wrong that's caused their dog to get depressed! ;)
heliona

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:03 am

It's a poodle, so that's one mark against it. ;) Although they haven't given it one of those silly trims that seem popular, so that's an upside.

One of the people on the radio said this morning: It's a dog. Just give it treats and pet it and love it and it shouldn't be depressed!

IrisBrandybuck

Postby heliona » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:07 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:It's a poodle, so that's one mark against it. ;)

There's nothing wrong with poodles. :P Although I wouldn't own one myself. :D But they're very intelligent, which I suppose might count against them if they have owners that don't realise that! My aunt had a standard poodle (that never had a silly coat ;) ) that knew the way home in a car, and if you took a wrong turning, went bananas! :D Also, she was an excellent guard dog, and as soft as anything. She was called Whiskers (I don't why she had a cat's name! :D) and was lovely. (Although, as I said, I myself wouldn't have a poodle. :D)
heliona

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:23 am

Welcome heliona to the PCE/JDE thread. Great to have you with us finally. We will help you in your goal to get that blue spikey wheel (which I am also going for) :D I LOVE the Dog Whisperer!! He is amazing with doggies.

Poodles. They are indeed extremely intelligent, but not for me.

*shrugs*

New day? New levels of PCE!!

So Vanadarlin', does it feel any different to have that second ring? When I got my ring, it was different for about ten posts....then same ol' thing. :D

:hihi: everyone!!

Iris, how is it with you today? IT'S FRIDAY!!!
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 am

Yes, it IS! :D

I have a doctor's appointment today...it was supposed to be earlier this week, but there was miscommunication :roll: And then I'm going to visit a friend...

Tomorrow another friend and I are going to an indoor yardsale.

At at some point I have to get the other two tires put on my car. :P

IrisBrandybuck

Postby heliona » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:29 am

Thank you, rwhen. :) I tend to be behind on all these trends. :D (Although I think I posted on the first PCE thread about twice!) My aim is to have the blue spiky wheel (of death ;) because it sounds right!) by the end of this year. Considering that means essentially doubling my post count (which I've achieved over 9 years of being registered here!) I think that might be a tall order! :D But I'll do my best. ;)

rwhen wrote:Poodles. They are indeed extremely intelligent, but not for me.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm much more of a Border Collie person. :D

Iris, I hope this doctor's appointment goes more smoothly than the non-existent one earlier this week. :) And a yardsale? Cool! We don't really have anything like that over here. We do have flea markets, but generally they're in the summer. (And I haven't seen any advertised around where I live now, come to think of it.) Anyway, I hope you find some gems. :D

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:39 am

heliona you can do it, I did. I had about 6,000 posts when I came back to TORC from a two year leave and got the ring in 5 months. And, managed not to spam like crazy. I just found five thread here in Talk that I could post to four or five times a day and then Toms, the games forum...I started posting in there too and that gave about the same. So we will help you friend. :D Poodles *twitch* But I deo love collies and doxies and shephards and labs and goldens. My real love are doxies. :love:

Iris...hope your Drs goes well and enjoy the visit with friends and sale. I love garage/yard sales. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:41 am

So, I've just done some calculations.

I need 2460 posts to get my blue spiky wheel (okay, 2459 after this post).
There are 365-23 days left in the year = 342 days.

So, I need a posting average of 2460/342 = 7.19 posts per day to get the blue spiky wheel by the end of the year. :shock:

Seeing as I'm going to off the internet for at least a week for the Ireland moot, and I'll also be off the internet for a few other weekends at least, I'd hope, so I'd better post more than that! Eek! :D
heliona

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 am

Well....8 to 10 posts a day is pretty easily accomplished...and you must post double for the Mooting time off. :D Also it doesn't take that long to make those ten posts....already here on this thread there is three and soon to be four of those. I will also write to the Fallen thread, to give another.

YOU CAN do it. :D

How is your car holding up? and do you still have snow?

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Ayslhyn » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:01 am

At the rate I post at it's gonna take me about sixty years or until my ears are old and bent to earn any shiny rings.

Shudders at pathetic postcount

:)
Ayslhyn
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:17 am

...ears are old and bent... first time I have heard that phrase. Which begs the question about.. oh.. nevermind. :D

JUMPIN JAHOSEPHAT!!! You people are spa... I mean postin' to beat the band!!! And Rwhennie m'dear, don't feel too bad about the miscount.. I am number challenged too. :hug:

Blood pressure: I went in once on a routine exam and my blood pressue was 60/40. Boy.. did that get people worked up. :roll: They weren't going to allow me to leave the clinic. I felt just fine.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Ayslhyn » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:20 am

60/40? Good Lord, if a patient had that BP I'd be calling the crash team!

Ayslhyn
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:25 am

Yeah.. they said something about dead people could have higher blood pressure. I used to pass out a lot when I was younger. I think my blood pressure had something to do with that.. I'd get dizzy when I stood up.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Ayslhyn » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:30 am

Ah yes that dizziness has a snazzy title "Postural hypotension"

Good name for a band no?

Ayslhyn
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:34 am

Ayslhyn, LOL excellent name!! For when ya fall on your butt. :P

Thanks Rose, I honestly don't know how I saw that wrong, but I did. It was just yesterday too....I was checking Vana's count and looked at mine and saw 88 at the end and thought...WOW I am 12 away from ringmariner...WRONG. ;) But I have no problem being the butt of the storyline.

Two butts....now three in one post. YAY ME.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:36 am

rwhen wrote:Well....8 to 10 posts a day is pretty easily accomplished...and you must post double for the Mooting time off. :D Also it doesn't take that long to make those ten posts....already here on this thread there is three and soon to be four of those. I will also write to the Fallen thread, to give another.

YOU CAN do it. :D

How is your car holding up? and do you still have snow?

Well, I go through stages of *cough*spamming*cough* (like today), so perhaps I'll manage it. :D

The car seems to be fine. Although there are discrepancies in the fuel gauge, in that sometimes it goes from reading almost half full to only about a quarter full after it's been parked on a slope and then left on the flat. (Does that makes sense? I park on a hill at home, but on the flat at work, and even though I know the tank should be about half full, yesterday when I got into the car, it read about a quarter full. It did that last week too. And yet, in between times, it's been fine.) I'm currently conducting a little experiment on the car, so we'll see. :D It's also using oil like it's going out of style, but at least I know that. I just need to keep a ready supply and keep it topped up. The engine is unning smoothly, however, which is one blessing. :)

And there is still snow on the hills. Snow is also forecast for the weekend, so we'll probably get some more. :D If I get a chance, I'll trundle up to the hills behind the town and take some photos. :)

rwhen, it took me ages to realise that Doxies were Dachshunds! :D I do like them - a friend of mine had one that was a little stockier and a bit shorter than the usual for the breed. He was called Sammy and was gorgeous and so smart! :D

Rosie, 60/40?! Perhaps the reading was wrong! :D

Ayslhyn, my post count was similar to yours last year, so although your ears might be old and bent by the time you get a Ring, the Blue Wheel is within your reach. ;)
heliona

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:00 am

heliona wrote:
Rosie, 60/40?! Perhaps the reading was wrong! :D
Oh.. trust me.. it wasn't wrong. The nurse looked at me.. then she asked for my other arm... then she went and got a different stethoscope.. then she asked another nurse to come in.. then they got a doctor. By then... my blood pressure had gone up a bit. ;)

heliona wrote:Ayslhyn, my post count was similar to yours last year, so although your ears might be old and bent by the time you get a Ring, the Blue Wheel is within your reach. ;)
My post count has gone up a WHOLE bunch since I 'met' Rwhennie dear. :hug: ;) :D
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:20 am

Yuppers, it is all my doings this PCE craze we are having. :D And I proudly wear the badge of honor too. :D ;) Besides I like having friends about to enjoy TORC with and hey, name it and claim it, that is my motto. :P

heliona yeah, piccies would be awesome. I know you folks don't really get snow. Sweet that you know a doxie that is a good one. Some are too shy, but my last one was the very best pet I ever had. She was SO darned smart and so well behaved and just an adorable doggie to have had for eleven years. It is why I haven't got another one yet. I just can't imagine topping her. So I am thinking on getting a Corgi, when I do finally decide to take the pet plunge again.

Don't know about the gas gauge thingie for uphill to flat parking, I would think that could be the reason. My gas gauge goes down really slow when I fill it....I can go like a week on a half tank, then the other half goes in two days. I don't get THAT. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 pm

The funniest thing about my blood pressure is that they want it to be below 120/80 but when I was in the hospital in March of last year they had to give me something to raise it because it was lower then they wanted it. :roll: Do you think they will tell me what too low is??? NOT!!!! So I have no idea but it was low and they raised it and now I am fighting to bring it back down. :roll:

I am glad to see that it is getting easier to bring it lower at least and that if I lose some weight it should come down more and I might even get off some of the meds. That would be a welcome thing.

Heliona we will gladly help you get your spikey shield if you will stick around. I mean we all love to post and chat and that is the best way to get a post count up. Yesterday I ended up posting more then 100 posts I think but it was a busy day on the boards and many threads were moving fast so it was fun trying to keep up. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby elfshadow » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:20 pm

It's much less likely that a doctor would ever want you to go on meds to raise your BP, so I don't know what your doc was thinking, Vana. :P Usually if you have a really low BP they just tell you to eat more salt. And for those with a higher BP, you can help lower it by eating less salt.

Rose, with 60/40 it's no wonder they wanted you to stay! But the body does weird things, and if there's nothing else wrong with you a low BP doesn't necessarily mean that you're dead. But it could be a warning sign for something else. As I said before, the most worrisome thing that could be coupled with low BP is probably fluid loss, indicating shock.
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Well, the fuel gauge is now showing higher, so I suspect it just takes ages to get back to the proper level after having been parked on a hill.

Yes, Rosie, rwhen has helped me up my post count. :D Although I can't imagine posting 100 posts in one day, like Vana! :D

rwhen, I'll see if I can find some photos of Sammy. They also had two other dogs, both of which were bad examples of their breed, looks-wise. :D They had Chihuahua called Bosun, that was quite large and his head wasn't as domed as a lot of Chihuahuas' are, and he hardly ate anything. When he was happy and he wagged his tail, his whole body shook, and he constantly had this big smile on his face. :D Their Pug, Rascal, was as thick as two short planks, but soft as muck, and loved people, probably because they might give him food. :D His points weren't as dark as they should have been for a show Pug, which is how they ended up with him.

I house-sit for them once or twice, mainly for their animals (in addition to the three dogs, they had birds, fish, and two ponies). Once when I drove into town, the dogs were outside, cavorting with the builders who were there. I looked in the mirror and saw Sammy and Rascal running along behind the car, Sammy's ears flapping up and down. :D Dafties! So I put them in the car, because I wasn't going to take them back to the car. ;)

heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Elsha it was after my aortic dissection surgery and the blood pressure was too low so they needed to bring it up. They did a great job of that. :P

I don't think it has caused the problem with it being too high but the surgery sure did. The body goes out of whack for a while. My blood sugars were high for a little while till that got regulated again. I have cut out a lot of salt and don't add it to anything I cook. I only add pepper if I was something added.

The doc says if I lose some weight which we are shooting for, I should get my blood pressure down, my bad cholesterol down (it isn't up much) and get my blood sugars even lower then they are.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Okay, I found some photos of Sammy. They're not brilliant, but he didn't stay still for long!

Waiting to be let back inside.

On the move! I loved the way his ears flapped up and down when he ran. When I was really young, I had a wooden dog that was on wonky wheels, so that when you pulled it along it bobbed up and down. Its ears swayed back and forth and it had a tail on a spring that wobbled back and forth. Sammy reminded me of that dog, so perhaps that was why he was my favourite out of the three. (Although he was also the smartest, which may have also had something to do with my favouritism!)

heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Has he passed into the west then?? :?
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive