PCE/JDE Table for FIVE Please!?!?!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:40 am

Well, you all have certainly been busy.

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:57 am

Evil multi-colored chickens like to take the pickled raincoats from the rubber duckies. Then they chew them up and spit them out and make a mess that is much like goose do all over the walkways. And it doesn't wash away in the rain.. because, well.. it is impervious to rain. But it smells like pickles. Of course. And then the poor duckies are without their raincoats.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:29 am

To be sure Iris, it has been a random event!!

Vanadarlin' I am watching your post count closely now...you will be our next double "0" for sure. :D Rooting you on even in all the pain!!

Rose...:lmbo: :D Well done and constructed. Missed you here and there. :hug:

HEY our Elsha is on the Mall right now, I think I saw her :P. I heard it is like 8 with the wind chill factored in. Brrrrrrrrrrrr. Looks like everyone is having a grand time and I will be watching pretty soon here myself.

Laters and Caio for now!!
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:38 am

I'm sure her red hat was more special than any of the other red hats out there! :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:38 am

So, Luthy still allows this to continue?

On the other hand, with a post count like hers... :wink:

And, of course we need a place to say whatever doesn't fit in anywhere else.

Hope Elsha doesn't freeze. Image
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:06 am

Oooooh Wheeee!! Just got done watching the inauguration. I think I DID see Elsha :P It was great. Did anyone else notice that President Obama messed up on the oath and didn't repeat one sentance? ;) I suppose it will make the news tonight.

But it did seem like a grand thing to watch for me.

*sigh* now back to work!!

Hi Rowan, I wrote Woofty and she says when her puter is fixed she will post again here. ;)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby erinhue » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 am

Hi, my name is Erinhue and I got Post Count Envy Big Time. Two of'em got the double doughnuts before I did and there are a few more lurking out there that are just rocketing past me. I can't stand it. I think I need to quit my job so I can devote some serious time to posting here. Yep, my name is Erinhue and I got it bad :cry2:
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby elf-maiden » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 am

I watched it. I laughed when he messed up, but I'm sure it was just nerves. If it'd been Bush, of course, he would have been mocked endlessly for it. Let's see how fast the media will be to rip out Obama's throat over it.

My Mass Comm. professor canceled class so that we could watch it, which was nice of him, but at the same time that is my favorite class of the day. I hate Tuesdays and Thursdays usually because I have three one and a half hour classes, starting at 8 AM and ending at 2 PM. :x I'm sure there will be no luck in getting out of my next class, which I out of all three I (so far), hate the most.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 am

elf-maiden wrote:I watched it. I laughed when he messed up, but I'm sure it was just nerves. If it'd been Bush, of course, he would have been mocked endlessly for it. Let's see how fast the media will be to rip out Obama's throat over it.
They won't.

In other news...I had a doctor's appointment, or thought I did. They told me it was yesterday (thanks for calling to see where I was) and got snippy...so I got snippy. :roll: I'm about 99% certain the girl wrote the wrong date on my card, but I won't know until I get home.

*sigh*

IrisBrandybuck

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:13 pm

IrisBrandybuck wrote:
elf-maiden wrote:I watched it. I laughed when he messed up, but I'm sure it was just nerves. If it'd been Bush, of course, he would have been mocked endlessly for it. Let's see how fast the media will be to rip out Obama's throat over it.
They won't.

Actually.. the Chief Justice also messed up. The Chief Justice decided to state the oath without reading it off of note cards and he messed it up. And if you think it won't be remarked upon/made fun of.. you just aren't paying attention--it isn't just the 'liberal media' picking on Republicans. They 'pick' on everybody.. some just chose not to notice when the other side is getting 'picked' on. It's already making news. Who Screwed Up
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Hello hello hello, Hope everyone is having a great '09 so far :) This is the first time this year I have had a chance to come in here and say Hi to you all, and I see you have already made it to the 5th issue. Rwhen, you must be proud :D

Well if you want to know whats been happening with me, just pop into Tooks thread, I did a full update there, won't repeat it :happydance:

Missed you all :hug:
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:59 pm

TYGS!! :glomp: How the heck are ya? Where've ya been!!

:Rosie goes to check out Tygs post in the TVM:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tygarya » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Well you probably know by now where I've been :D
:hugs: Missed your cheery self Rose
Tygarya
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Rose - I certainly didn't think that it wouldn't make news. I'm sure it'll be all over SNL and be remarked upon, just not to the extent that if it were Bush who'd messed up.

Iris - don't imcompetent people suck? Stupid doctor's office.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Agreed.

The thing that gets me is, if they had called on Friday, I'd have known there was a problem and could have gone yesterday. But they don't call because of the HIPPA laws. I don't give a flying fadoodle about "privacy" (which is a wild joke...I've stood at the receptionist's desk and read stuff upside down that I probably had no business reading). What I want is the courtesy I used to get before someone got all bent out of shape.

When I worked at the assistance office, one of our employees was handicapped and couldn't use a phone in the traditional sense, he had to use a speaker phone, which is fine, except he worked in an assistance office...and his desk was near the main interview room, and he talked loudly, and his speaker phone was loud...and everyone could hear his conversation.

:roll:

Okay, I'm done griping now. :D

IrisBrandybuck

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:33 pm

I agree with you Iris... HIPPA laws can be a real pain.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Yes the HIPPA laws suck when they are over sensitive to a customers real needs. That was part of our problem with the insurance company change over earlier this month. I mean they refused to fax something to my husband cause he wasn't me. :roll: It is his Insurance that is taking over and we needed that form to prove that I had insurance before. They wouldn't even call another branch of their own insurance company about me. Oiy vay!!

I guess I feel that privacy is one thing but stupidity is quite another.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:16 pm

*glomps on Tyggies* Miss you to pieces darlin'. Hope that things smooth over for you soon (and for me too) and that you will be back with us full time. I am thinking of you and thank you for writing to me. :hug: :heart:

Hey Fox news was already all over it before it was declared that the Chief Justice read it wrong. Obama got it right afterall. It depends on what station you watch for news. On my local NBC, CBS and ABC...they seem pretty fair and balanced and report stuff both ways.

On MSNBC...left leaning
On FOX.....right leaning
On CNN....more down the middle I think, but it depends on the day, I have seen them slash both candidates horridly during the election.

I did enjoy watching it though.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Tygs I meant to say "I am so thrilled that you are back!!!" :hug: :love: :heart: :thumbsup: :hug:

Yeah I watched it as it was replayed and it did seem that Obama must have had some idea how it was suppose to go cause he paused while the Chief Justice hesitated and then continued.

Rwhen with the doc putting me on Vicodin and now being able to take the Ibuprofen again, I am feeling alright just now. No weird visions yet and as long as I don't then I will keep taking the meds for any immediate pain. When I stop the Vicodin, I will continue the Ibuprofen so I should be fairly pain free or for the most part pain free. :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:20 am

Hopefully pain free until after the weekend too. :D Glad you have some time off my friend. Take advantage of it. Today for me another heavy work day with stress added to stress, but I will do my best to shoulder through it and see what happens. :D 143 and love to you sweet lady. :heart:

It is COLD here this morning. I know.. I KNOW...not like below zero, but 19 at my apartment and that is very cold for this area. I actually put on a coat. :D Usually I wear a sweater under a sweater. That is enough, but not today. Gloves and big coat. Also the roads are all frosted over, slippery a bit, but not bad. While I hate to say it Vanadarlin', I am predicting light snow Sunday overnight to Monday. Why does it always happen then? When ya have to go back to work after the weekend?

*shrugs*

Hello Erinhue. How brave of you to step up and admit your problem. We can help you know. Just post. That is the only cure for PCE and soon the vahala of DOS RINGS. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby elfshadow » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:42 am

It was actually Chief Justice Roberts who said the wrong line, and Obama repeated the correct one.

Elsha did not end up on the Mall. Elsha was sent to RFK Stadium and saw patients all day. Elsha is not happy.
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:44 am

I'm sure both were rather nervous...so they were both entitled to stumble a little bit.

Poor elsha. :(

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:58 am

:hug: Elsha, I am so sorry. I was so stoked to know someone who was going to be there. I even pretended that I saw you. I was watching from 5am my time. :hug: Very sorry dear. *bigsigh*

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rowanberry » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:12 am

TYG! Image Good to see you back. Gotta go and see what you posted in the TVM.

I'm sorry that you didn't get on the Mall after all, Elsha. :(

Vana, hope the rest of your week will be pain free now. :hug: With all respect to the privacy laws, they seem a bit overprotective in some cases.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby elfshadow » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:13 am

Thanks guys. :hug: I'm glad I'll be able to say that I was a part of it--someone had to be there to staff the First Aid tent at RFK--but I was upset that I couldn't see anything, except for CNN Live on a laptop. I listened to Obama's speech from a friend's iPhone though, which I was happy to be able to hear. :) And at least I was doing something. Namely treating patients who had not taken their meds that morning. :roll: But I had patients almost all day, probably a couple dozen or so.

I do feel sorry for Justice Roberts for flubbing the line, I know he must have been nervous. I certainly don't think it was on purpose or anything.

HIPAA laws wouldn't be so strict if people didn't sue medical personnel so often. People sue for privacy concerns, and more often for medical reasons. Doctors do make mistakes, but people tend to assume that they know more than the doctor because "it's their own body." Well, people do know what they feel, but the doctor can't fix you unless you tell them exactly what's wrong. And people do not generally know what's going on inside of them. Feelings are often wrong. It's why House assumes that every patient lies. Because many do. :P Then people get upset when they learn that doctors do not produce miracles. And often they sue. Which is part of the reason that medical costs are so high.
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:42 am

Well okay. I suppose someone had to take care of people in need of first aid. Geesh with the number of people who showed up, it is amazing no fights broke out...no demonstrations that I could see. I am just glad you were there and got to be a part of it all friend, Elsha. :D Exciting day for sure.

Does anyone know about how many people WERE there? One news program was doing a guestimate from Google Earth pictures or something, but I haven't heard yet what they think it actually was.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby elfshadow » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:47 am

The estimate I heard was that there were about 1.5 million people on the Mall alone. This doesn't include people who decided to stake out a spot on the parade route (the nonsecure part) early so they could get a good view. All in all I'd say a little less than 2 million.
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:13 am

That is a lot of people in that area!! :shock: I heard that there weren't any incidents of violence or injuries from combatant behavior by anyone in the crowd. It seems that people can unite and behave in large crowds. :D So glad to hear it too!!

Sorry Elsha that you didn't get to be more involved with the presidential inauguration up front. It would still be great to be so close for such activities. :hug:

Rwhen I actually slept pretty good last night. No real pain all night. I didn't even have to take the pain meds during the night (every 4 hours). Oh I figure after the weekend I will still be doing better cause I am back on the ibuprofen which helps my joints and all. :D I just had to be off it till the biopsy so that my blood was not thin. The suckky part last night is I woke up one hour after getting to sleep, I was wide eyed and bushy tailed so to speak. So I got up for a couple of hours and played here and played some games then I went back to bed. No need for painkillers but I took some ibuprofen and was out again till 8:30 this morning. I got a pretty good nights sleep then. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers I so appreciate them. :hug: 143
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 am

Vanadarlin', GREAT report on the pain levels. :D I will do my best not to stress too badly and will write you PM on what is up here since first of December. :(

1.5 on the Mall. Phew. That is I THINK a record for inauguration turn out, LBJ had the largest they have recorded at 1.2 million and there is no estimate of how many people around the world viewed it. During the time it was on the air, while President Obama was giving his speech, they showed iPics from all over the world of people watching. Also from bars and schools and such from the USA.

It might not be the largest viewed event, but I am certain it is ONE of the largest. I read that the funeral of Princess Di was viewed by over 21 million people. 14 million in the UK alone.

I tried to Google the numbers for yesterday and they are not in yet according to all sites I saw.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:58 am

I will look for the PM then!! :hug:

Yeah I just don't get it how they can call how many people watched any open event like the inaugeration. I mean those watching from homes there is no meter for and do they ask bars and schools how many were in attendance and actually paying attention. Or hospitals and the like?? I know its a major guesstimate but does it really matter? I think yesterday likely set and broke all previous records around the world in that this is history in the making again. I am anxious to see what President Obama does for us. I doubt anyone didn't see some part of it somewhere during the day or nightly reports.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive