Helllllooooooooo!! I'm Alone!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:40 pm

YAY for Scribbles getting to work at home!

rwhen.. my hubby would LOVE a wrap-around porch! I can understand why they use it so much. And with that lovely pasture to look at that you've often told me about. I would think that looking out at that pasture would help lower stress levels.. at least once in awhile..
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Heya hiya Rose. :D

Pasture? Wrap around porch?

Must read backwards . . . :D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Scribbles, you must see the pics that Rose posted of her backyard.

*grabs Scribbles and moves in with Rose*

Okay peoples, have a great evening. I am off in a few moments here to do the banking and a quick stop at the ABC store and then home.

:hihi: That is hi and bye. :D

Great to see you Scribbles, even briefly.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:43 pm

I shall do that, I loooooves to see pics of peoples yards, kitchens, murals and other and in sundry "stuff" . . .

And y'all will be sorry next week, when you'll have to be putting up with my busy body butt all day for a whole week . . . :evilaugh:

:D:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:26 pm

That's it! Everyone over here for deck chat!

Scribbles, My daughter took a ton of pictures of the house & yard before she left for college so if she got 'down' she could look at them. Some of them turned out very nice.

rwhen, what is the ABC store?

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 pm

* pops in for a belated deck chat *

Rose, that's so sweet that your daughter wanted to have pictures of home to cheer her up!

It reminds me of making a little photo album for Lufu to take to preschool. How time flies. Lufu started school yesterday. Bus is free for the first three days, so I've been walking him to the bus stop. This morning, a friend's mom gave him a ride, just as well, as the bus turned out to be late. :roll: Way to promote bus riding, people.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
―Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:16 am

Wow how fast they grow huh Frelga dear? Gosh I remember when my daughter started school. So many years ago. Now she is the mom and she home schools. I am glad she gets to spend so much time with her kids and that she is disciplined enough to actually home school the kids effectively. She even gets them out for physical activities such gymnastics and field trips to zoos, the library and such.

So what did Lufu think of his first day at school?? Is he making new friends already??
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 am

Rose, ABC = Alcohol Beverage Control. This is a state where the alcohol sales are controled by the state and sold in state stores. You can get beer and wine at the grocery store or quick shop, but not hard liquer. Your state might be the same, but the agency is called something other than ABC. In VA it was the same as here, but add Blue Sunday, no sales of alcohol on Sunday.

Scribbles, I will LOVE seeing you here next week. Will the hubby be long haulin'?

Vanadarlin' and Frelga, *sings memories* They DO grow up so fast.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:34 am

Heloooooooooooo! It's Friday!! :D

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:31 am

HEEELLLLLOOOOOO!!!! Iris, Happy Friday right back attcha!! Brrr chilly here this morning, but it is supposed to be in the 80's again today. So a nice warm up in store for us. How about you?

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:35 am

It's in the mid-60s and climbing. Of course, my computer is always a little behind what's going on outside. Very, very VERY sunny out.

My car is getting an oil change, too, so anything I do today requires walking...which is a okay with me. :)

Always...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby rowanberry » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:36 am

Yay, TGIF. 8) And, Rose's got a lovely deck and yard. :)

Today, half of my workday went at a coworker's defence of her Ph.D. thesis. I managed to stay awake for the part on which I had worked with her, but then, I started to recall one of the Bollywood choreographies from last spring...
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Frelga » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:59 am

Vanaladiel wrote:So what did Lufu think of his first day at school?? Is he making new friends already??

Oh, sorry, I meant first school day this year. Actually, this is his first year at the middle-school campus. :Q

Rowan, LOL, at least you did not begin undulating in front of the faculty. :D I had gone to my cousin's defense of his thesis. It was on thermal metal treating, and I had not understood a word of it, but it was fun to watch, for a high school student.
"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back... Can't say no forever right?"
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 am

That is cool Frelga. I kept thinking he should have been older but I suddenly was so unsure of myself. :blush:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:36 am

Lovely photos, Rose.

It's not particularly warm here, but it's not cold either. :D When the wind's blowing (which it has been) that really knocks the temperature down.

When I went out to post the tenancy application form, just as I was about to cross the road, there was a road accident just to my left. An awful crash, tinkle, bang! Nobody was hurt - the cars weren't going fast. Someone pulled out into traffic - literally. :D
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:39 am

And she smiles about it!

:shock:

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby heliona » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:And she smiles about it!

:shock:

Are you referring to me and the traffic accident? Well, it was bloke who did it, and it's not like the chap who hit him (who was on the main road) was driving like a loon. It was completely his own fault. There was damage to the cars not both people were up and walking about. I didn't laugh there and then, though. ;)

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:44 am

Oh, good. :)

It just seemed like a...a...an evil grin! Delight in misfortune! :P

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:45 am

Hello & Happy Friday everyone!

Thank you .. yes, we do have a nice yard. I wish I could enjoy it more.. it's a lot of work (which this hobbity lass doesn't really mind doing most of the time) People (especially when we've had Japanese exchange students) have often asked us if it was a park or if we work in landscaping.

helonia.. I'm glad you weren't PART of that accident!

Rowanberry.. would that be 'Benny Lava'?? LOL! :rofl:

rwhen: ABC.. I've never heard of it. I don't' think they have that here.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 am

Iris, there may have been a bit of that. But since I'm subject to lots of "women driver" jokes, I don't see anything wrong with being amused at a bloke's driving error. ;)

Rose, thanks. Although being a pedestrian, I was clever enough to not step out in front of a moving car. ;)

heliona

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:26 pm

OK.. so if anyone is Alone.. and bored.. I suggest you watch this AWESOME short film The Bear by Jean-Jacques Annaud. It's 3:55 long.

How they managed to film this is beyond me.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Ooooo Rose, your deck and yard is utterly gorgeous!! Are you on an acreage? Because that back yard does not look like a city lot . . . ;) I'd sit on those bare chairs in a heartbeat, just to be there. ;) And I'm sure you're a very lovely and accomplished hostess too . . . :)

transports herself to Rose's deck for a scone and some tea . . . :D

If you don't mind, could I show your deck piccy to the hubby unit? I keep trying to convince him we NEED TREES, but noooooo, he's playing hard to get. Maybe that picture will help convince him that thousands of square feet of just plain grass is just plain hot and BORING. :D

And that Bear film is great! I had a feeling that's who the kitty cat was seeing at the end . . . ;)

Yes rwhen, the hubby unit will be wheels up on Monday midday, and at this point I'm not sure if he'll be back by Friday or Saturday. I'm hoping Saturday . . :whistle: I have a TON O' STUFF to do and I just can't get much done with him underfoot.

We used to have Provincial Government controlled liquor stores here too, under the ALCB (Alberta Liquor Control Board). But the government decided to privatize in 1993. Grocery stores have never been and still aren't licensed to sell beer or wine in Alberta, but all the beer and liquor stores are now privately owned and run. The best ones here are Superstore and the Liquor Depot (for price and selection). ;) A lot of Canadian provinces still have provincial liquor boards though. I'm pretty sure Ontario still does.

Well, our unseasonal heat wave done ended last night. Today's high was a shockingly cool 17C with on and off rain all day. We desperately needed the rain but with the temperature falling to 10C tonight, there's no doubt in my mind that the leaves will begin turning tomorrow. *sigh* Summer is pretty much over by the 15th of September around here, but if we get a nice, long dry fall like last year, I'll be okay with that. :D
SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Thank you Scribbles. I will post a few more piccies you can show him. And yes, we do have just a little over an acre. And there is NOTHING I would love more than if all of us could be here chatting over a cuppa than sitting on the computer. I don't know about what kind of hostess I am.. but I'd find you something to eat. :D

The back of the house Too bad the blooms don't show up well in the photo.

The Left side front.

Another view off the deck.

One more with the Rowanberry in it!

If you didn't know I was a hobbit before.. you should know by now. ;) Anyone who tells me my yard is Shire-like pays me the highest compliment! It does keep me very busy in summer. I let my whole back garden go however this year (because we were so busy) and next year.. I'm going to have a ton of work to do. My hubby did all of the work on the stairs and walls.. and some of the deck.

The movie.. 'The Bear' I guess is a full length feature film that came out in 1988.. in French it's called 'L'our' I think. There is hardly any narration. And it is supposed to be a heartwarming movie. I'm going to buy it at Amazon. It was filmed in Canada.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:43 am

*is envious about Rose's Shire-like garden*

I'm all too lazy to keep my yard so neat and tidy... :whistle:

But, if you compare it to what's right on the other side of the fence, it looks really well-kept. The neighbours are still renovating, and their yard is quite a mess.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:44 am

Scribbles: In Pennsylvania the state government controls alcohol sales as well. You can't buy liquor anywhere except at a state store (or a bar, of course ;) ) And beer is sold at licensed distributors (and it apparently isn't hard to get a license since they're everywhere) We're so used to it, we don't think about it. But visitors to PA are always astounded that they can't go into a grocery store and get beer. :lol: And I'm always startled to walk into a store in another state and find that I could if I wanted to. :rofl:

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Rose the only sad thing about that movie is that Bart the Bear died a couple of years ago. He was at the Sequim Wildlife Park in Washington State for his last few years. He was a cool bear! He is also the bear in The Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Ackroyd.

That is a cool movie and thank you for sharing it with us hon!! :hug:

I love your yard Rose. I can see the Hobbit in you coming out in your yard. I wish I had the yard for that or that I owned my home so I could do that with it. Very cool hon!!! :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:20 pm

rowanberry wrote:*is envious about Rose's Shire-like garden*

I'm all too lazy to keep my yard so neat and tidy... :whistle:

But, if you compare it to what's right on the other side of the fence, it looks really well-kept. The neighbours are still renovating, and their yard is quite a mess.

Rowanberry & Vana, thank you. I do enjoy working in the yard. BUT ... that said.. it is one of the reasons I do not work outside of the house like the both of you do. It *IS* a lot of work. It's part of my 'job'. If I were working full time.. I have no idea how I would keep up with it all.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:14 pm

All this talk about perfect gardens... Hubby uprooted all the grass in our yard, and now is planning to dig up the resulting bare ground and put in new turf. Unlike Super-Scribbles, I refuse to wield a shovel, so this is taking a while. Me, I'd rather hire somebody, but I think his manhood is somehow invested in this.

And... wow, I am not just alone. The logged-in user list in the dungeons says None. I do not exist! :Q
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Frelga.. oh dear! We know you are here! :hug:

I know what you mean about men getting invested in projects that would probably be best left to paid professionals (for the good sake & sanity of us all!) :roll: ;)
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Rose, your true heart and soul is so obviously that of a Hobbit, your home and gardens are utterly gorgeous! Thank you so much for posting those pictures, I'm pretty sure they'll bowl the hubby over. We had a very, very busy weekend so I didn't manage to drag him to the computer to see them yet (and tonight, we're having severe weather warnings so I'm sneaking in a few posts quick before the lightening starts, LOL . . .)

Though this afternoon, he did admit that we need some trees, so maybe there is hope yet. ;)

Frelga, the result will be lovely, even if it takes da hubster a longer time to do it than a professional. It might be male ego, but maybe he just wants the satisfaction of seeing some hard work pay off. There's a certain good feeling when you sweat over something while watching it take shape under your own hands . . . at least that's my version and I'm sticking to it . . . :D

Vana, I remember as a kid that both my mom and I loved to garden and even though we rented houses, we always improved the yards wherever we lived (within reason expense-wise) . Much to the landlord's delight of course . . . ;)

The hubby unit will be leaving tomorrow, mid morning. I'll get up early and help him put together his "road growlies" and then, I'll have at the very least 4 glorious days of my week off at home without anyone about to get underfoot. ;) If I'm very lucky, those 4 days will stretch to 5 . . . 8)

I know I won't get through even half of my stack of "To Do" lists, but I plan on giving it the old Herculean College Try. ;) But I've also decided to schedule regular "breaks" to just put my feet up with a cuppa and maybe stitch or read for a wee while. Otherwise, I'll be even more exhausted when I go back to work than when I left . . . ;)

And just to reduce stress, I've resigned myself to the idea that I'll simply get as much done as I get done . . . although I am picking on the jobs that will net me the most satisfaction (like getting shelves up in my office closet) and the most fresh air (like all the "yard" projects that won't kill me . . . ;) )

I hope everyone is enjoying their Labour Day long weekend!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive