Helllllooooooooo!! I'm Alone!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby heliona » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:35 am

A good plan, Scribbles. :)

If we get the house that we've applied for, then there will be a bit of gardening to do. I'm not much good at gardening, but I'm willing to give it a go. I will have four days off each week, after all, with "nothing" to do. :lol:
Image<-- Cute Border Collie puppy for Cute animal month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:32 am

Poor Frelga dear!!! :hug: We know you are here hon!! I see you even if the bad computer controlling TORC machines don't see you.

Heliona please keep us informed if you get this place or another. We would love to see piccies of you new digs. Good luck with the gardening hon. I personally love how it adds to a home and all but do not like bugs so I do not do the digging. :whistle: I will shop for the lovelies to in the ground though. I enjoy more the modifying of a home ie the putting up of shelves or painting or building something. :roll: Yeah I know it is weird that I will do the heavier stuff more easily.

Rose someday I will get to stay home and be an at home kind of gal. I want to be but the finances dictate that I work till we get finances in order at least another few years. :P Oh well it keeps me busy. :D And out of trouble!

Good way to look at things Scribbles dear. You can only get done what you get done and it isn't worth killing yourself over. But good luck with it all dear one. I know that it will be well worth the time put into it. I hope the sun gives you some help with your tan and that your hubby has a good drive.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Frelga, we'll ALWAYS know you're here. ;)

Thanks Vana, you must have a sixth sense because the hubby is not happy with this new route at all (although he says the drive to and from Portland itself is enjoyable). But it seems the 'organization and information' end of this division is really poor, so they are expecting him to make deliveries and pick up freight with next to no information at his disposal. At one place they were expecting him to get a highway tractor and trailer into a dealership that only has room for cube vans . . . :shock: So he's stressed with a huge, capital S, poor man.

He got away just fine this morning, then phoned me in a panic - seems he's lost his spare truck key. Sheesh. He'll go cut another one and then you watch, the original will show up somewhere. :roll: :D

I don't mind bugs when I'm in the garden, well, except for wasps. Those I will actively hunt with a can of Raid and a good solid 'whacking' stick. ;) :P:D But anything else doesn't bother me, outside that is. In the house, you be a bug, you be dead. ;) (unless you're a bee, which I will gently catch in a glass and let outdoors). :D

I hope you get the house you're interested in heliona! And yes, we'll be looking forward to piccies too. :)

We're getting a nice break from the heatwave, today is cool and breezy, with occasional sprinkles of rain. Which is good, since I have lots of indoor stuff to do and the grass can use the moisture. ;)

:D:D:D

Tuesday Sept 8 am - Edited to Add: "Helllloooooooo!! I'm alone in here!" :P:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 am

Not for too long, Scribbles. :D

Ah you have this week off to WORK???? :shock: I know, I have done it too, but didn't feel good about it afterwards, even though I got projects completed. Sorry the hubby unit is not happy with the paperwork situation, hopefully time will sort this all out.

I say we all moot at Rose's!! And enjoy that beautiful yard!!!!

Bees are okay with me. I used to run and flap around when one came near me. On a trip to Solvang in the late 70's there is a place that sells appleskivers with strawberry jam on the top. People toss their paper plates in a trash can really close and bee's hover all over it. I watched as people allowed the bee's to land on them, without freaking out and they didn't sting. So I did it, just to get over my fear and it was like a furry feather on my hand. Now when one comes about I just stay still and don't panic.

yes heliona piccies AND an update.

Hope everyone is well and good. Enjoyed a long weekend or just a regular weekend.

:hihi:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:53 am

I promise piccies and an update just as soon as I have one! :)

I have bought some bedding in anticipation of having a bed and bedroom to put it all in, though. :) Does that count? :lol:

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 am

Sure it counts. :D Indeed. So I take it you haven't heard anything on the cottage yet then. DRATS!! All things with patience!! Are you hanging at the home today?

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah, it takes 5 days to process the application. They got it on Monday, so we should hear on Friday. Fingers crossed. :)

Yep, just been hanging around after being productive this morning (putting new sealant around the bath in the hope that it'll stop leaking through the floor into the living room below). :)

heliona

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:51 am

heliona, lovely heliona. I sent you a PM ;) :P

You caulked a bathtub???? :shock: I am impressed!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:07 am

Helonia.. you caulked a bathtub (yay!).. do you own the place you are currently in? Doesn't the owner usually do stuff like that .. to protect his property & investment? I would think if it's leaking enough to go into the living room downstairs.. there would be water damage behind the wall.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:37 am

Hi ya Rosie, posie, snowzie, dozie!! Howzit going with you and yours? All good. Rose Jr still calling and giving good updates I hope?

:D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 am

Rosie junior came home this weekend! YAY! She's thinking of coming home next weekend, YAY!

She's not so good on giving updates however. She says she was so busy last week she just wanted to come home & chill. She's not so good on day-to-day updates/chatting, but that might be because she doesn't have unlimited calling (so there have been 5 minute calls most days) also.. if she knew she was thinking of coming home.. she filled me in on the way home.

It was nice to see her. She that she is doing well. She lost 5 pounds in a week though.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:53 am

And I got your PM as well. Thanks for the updates. Hey it is great to see her anyway, anytime. I should think. :D She didn't take the car up there to have for tooting around?

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Many of the students do have their cars with them on campus but they discourage (especially Freshmen) from having them for several reasons.
#1: Other students (without cars) will be bugging you to take them places
#2: Driving a car costs money and right now she doesn't have a job.
#3: She's a 'cautious' driver... and not very certain/secure in her driving skills.. well, not so much her driving skills, but her sense of direction & getting around in a new place.
#4: The town she is going to college in is very small. She took her bicycle. I do wish the town had a bus come through that would take students to Madison (which is only about 40 minutes away by car).

Her room mate has a car & relatives that live in Madison.. so maybe she can hitch a ride from her roomie sometime so she can go visit friends going to UW-Madison.

I mentioned to young Rose yesterday that next year she may want to take her car so it would be easier to drive home on the weekends if she so chose.. she looked nearly horrified and asked if I didn't like coming to pick her up. Part of the problem is that Whitewater is in the middle of nowhere.. there is no quick & easy 'direct shot' to get there from our house. It's a lot of joting & dinking around on back roads.

On a lighter note I added a male British voice to my GPS system. Daniel. Although young Rose thinks he sounds like a Howard. ANYWAY...they call on & off ramps 'slips'
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:49 pm

No, I'm currently staying at Wilko's place and the landlord is nowhere to be seen. :roll:

All I did was pull out the old sealant, and put some new stuff on. Not very difficult. :)

And yes, we call the roads leading on and off motorways (aka highways etc) slip roads. :)

(I have John Cleese from Monty Python on my satnav. :D)

Rose, perhaps Rose will get more confident the more she drives. I was like that - I wasn't very confident behind the wheel because I hadn't driven that much at all. Also, I got confident driving around Glasgow because I'd lived there for a while (without a car) and walked everywhere, so I knew my way around before getting in a car and driving around it. :) So perhaps next year she'll think differently.

heliona

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:00 pm

heliona, I am still impressed that you did that work!! :D Well done. and I agree with you...

Rose, I also think that the more she is there and grounds herself in her surroundings, she will become more confident. Give it a bit of time, but how cute that she asked you that. I am sure that this is all pretty overwhelming for her right now. But she will shine like the bright star that she is in no time, I am sure.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:04 pm

heliona wrote:(I have John Cleese from Monty Python on my satnav. :D)
HOW FUN!! I want that!

heliona wrote:Rose, perhaps Rose will get more confident the more she drives. I was like that - I wasn't very confident behind the wheel because I hadn't driven that much at all. Also, I got confident driving around Glasgow because I'd lived there for a while (without a car) and walked everywhere, so I knew my way around before getting in a car and driving around it. :) So perhaps next year she'll think differently.

That's exactly what I am thinking.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 pm

*has no GPS* :cry2:

Not like I need it or anything. ;)

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Oh suuuuuuure! I go to my moms and y'all show up. Sheesh. :D:D

*has no GPS either*

And I don't need one. :D The day I do though, the authorities will probably be taking my license away and saying, "Now Granny, I think it's about time you stopped terrorizing the motorways." Because I'm pretty sure I'll still be capable of getting speeding tickets at 85. :P:D

Huzzah! There's other persons of the female persuasion that can sling a caulking gun! I don't feel so alone now . . . ;)

Rose, nice to hear young Rose is doing well. The first weeks are always busy, once she settles into a routine you'll likely get better updates. :)

rwhen wrote:Ah you have this week off to WORK????

LOLOL. Well, not work per se, since I don't really call much except housework, work. ;) I've already got a couple of smaller projects done, and it feels so very nice. Helping mom today ate up most of my time though, but since I can go to bed as late as I like, I'll probably putter away most of the evening and nightime . . . ;)

Tomorrow is the day I'm really looking forward to since I'm planning to make an early morning trip to my favourite of all favourite stores, Totem Building Supplies :D and pick up the wherewithall to put shelves in my office closet and add another set to the garage. For me, any day that involves opening my toolbox is a good one . . . 8)

SilverScribe

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 pm

*scribblesmustposttotorconhertimeoff*

That is the subliminal that is currently playing in your head. No escape from it I am afraid.

I like tools too, but I prefer to let the mensies do the heavy lifting and such. I like very much STARTING projects and admit that after that I rush through them because I just want to be completed ten minutes after I start.

Closet shelving is a worthwhile project, to be sure. How are you at the BIG shelving units? Mamma needs books shelves. ;) And it will happen too, when I move downstairs.

Either way, try to take a bit of time and have some fun.

And I hear ya on "where was everyone when I was here earlier". Been pretty slow on the boards today, but that does give me that chance to get some needed work accomplished.

So we end where we began. Work.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:13 pm

rwhen wrote:*scribblesmustposttotorconhertimeoff*

:shock: :shock: :D

Yes ma'am. I intend to, in between bouts of dumping out drawers, closets and cupboards, adjusting roll down blinds, sewing (maybe), hauling crushed rock, painting, putting up shelving, gleaning, cleaning and general tossing out of more junk than you can shake a stick at . . . although why anyone thought shaking a stick at anything would be particularly effective, I have no idea . . . ;) :lol:

As for shelving, I can build from scratch in just about any shape, form or configuration you need, from freestanding to friction fit. 8) Or, I can be lazy and do like I'll do tomorrow, which is buy those metal strips you screw into the studs then just slip the metal brackets on and plunk down the wire shelving on top. Since I don't need anything horribly heavy duty in the closet, that option seems best. Also, whenever we sell this house, that type of shelving is easily removable from a closet space with little fuss.;)

And so, speaking of work, I think I'll finish up this shredding and then while my shredder cools down, adjust all my roll down blinds.

SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Scribbles.. you are making me tired...
:zzz:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:32 am

LOL Rose you are so cute!!

I am sorry that I was not here earlier today or yesterday as the clock says now but I had to work. Not a terrible day at all just busy! Got my tat after work today too. I love it!

Anyways I will be here for while tomorrow or later this morning as the clock says and I can play for a bit. Then my sister is coming up and bringing me some yard furniture. A wood bench and some planter or table that goes with it. :clap: I mentioned I wanted it when I was there last and she remembered. :roll: Now I wish I remembered. I don't remember what furniture it is but I know I will love it too, especially if I told her I wanted it. :rofl:

I think that it is cool when a woman can do things around a house to help improve or repair it. I like jumping in and helping Guru many times with ideas and a hand in the projects. I have my own tool box too!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:04 am

I've always been a practical person and could never see how a woman could go through life not knowing how to do very simple DIY (like changing the fuse in a plug, for instance). After all, in this day and age when so many women live alone, it's common sense to know something. :)

My bath repair appears to have worked as well. Two showers this morning, and not a leak in sight. :yippie:

heliona

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:56 am

Gondor has no GPS...Gondor does not need GPS... :D

Actually, replace Gondor with Iris...my dad taught me to read maps, I was reading them long before I learned to drive.

I'm with heliona...I can change a flat (I usually don't have to cause some knight usually comes along and wants to do it, but I can if I need to!) and fix minor things etc.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:03 am

Huzzah heliona! Don't you just love it when a repair works perfectly? :D

I don't know why I couldn't sleep in this morning . . . :roll: Maybe my mind is already on going to the Building Supply place to get all the necessary items for today's mass construction and general mayhem . . . ;) I think I need a cuppa Joe first though, just to unglue my eyelids or something.

Vana, the first thing to go is the memory . . . I should know. ;) :D Don't worry, I'm sure the furniture will be wonderful.

Oooo, and it looks like rwhen will have to start a new thread. Hehehe . . .

Only, she won't be alone . . . will that matter?

SilverScribe

Postby rwhen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:38 am

HELLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

OOPS.

I will start the new thread in a moment.

Will some kindly moderator please lock up this thread now?

Thank you kindly.

See everyone in the new digs.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:24 pm

rwhen wrote:HELLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

OOPS.

I will start the new thread in a moment.

Will some kindly moderator please lock up this thread now?

Thank you kindly.

See everyone in the new digs.

Thank you Rwhen. Enjoy your new thread :)
sandra
Ringbearer

Previous

Return to The Library - General Archive