MODS PLS LOCK - Class of '02 v.3

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Glad to hear that things are going well. I heard you say that your hours have increased and that is always a plus. :hug:

Yes the idea of a conspiracy is much more dramatic and more mysterious sounding then a glitch in the system. ;)

Note my post count now folks!!! It is one of those numbers that Scribbles loves!!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:07 am

Vanaladiel wrote:Note my post count now folks!!! It is one of those numbers that Scribbles loves!!!

Ooooooo, another palindromic post count! :D I think I missed my last one . . . :whistle:

I'm not subscribed to this thread either . . . let's see if I get a :debug: error tonight.

puts on her black ski mask and dark cloak and skulks out all conspiratorial-like . . .

:P:D:D

Edited to add: Yep. It's a conspiracy all right. :P
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Guruthostirn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:31 am

I'm wondering...we haven't gotten to the required post count for a thread lock...but is this a situation where we may just want to go ahead and start another thread...one that may not have this issue?
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Linteannaiel » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks Vana, it's definitely a plus to have more hours! I worked 9 to 5 today, and it was the first time I've worked an 8-hour shift in a very long time. It was worth it, though! I just took a nap after I got home.. hehe. ;) :D

Nice post count! Palindromes are awesome. :D

Hey Scribbles and Guru! :hihi:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:01 am

Guruthostirn wrote:I'm wondering...we haven't gotten to the required post count for a thread lock...but is this a situation where we may just want to go ahead and start another thread...one that may not have this issue?

:shock: Guru's in on the conspiracy! Why else would he be trying to keep us from further investigation??

...good thing he's still tied to a chair and thus relatively harmless. :D

*Collapses on the floor* I'm exhausted... Prospective grad student weekend.. all sorts of grad hopefuls who need guidance...all sorts of events...with free food...but no sleep. :zzz:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 am

GwenElf wrote:I'm not subscribed to this thread. Interesting... :?

Sil, it doesn't have to be you who's subscribed. Neither am I, and I still get the debug error message. It can be someone who subscribed to it long ago and has since disappeared.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Teltasarewen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Lin more hours is always nice when you want them. :)

And it's strange 8 hour shifts for some reason seemed shorter when I worked 2:30 am to 11am which I did for the last three and a half years. Same with the 5 day work week. Sunday to Thursday felt a whole lot shorter than Monday to Friday. Very weird. :?
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby PatriotBlade » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Something else this thread is doing that none of the others are. Instead of one update e-mail per. thread, this thread sends me an e-mail every time someone posts in it. Annoying. :x
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:53 pm

PB, if you're subscribed to the thread, just turn the notification off. If you're not subscribed to the thread, that's even MORE annoying. :shock:

Guru's suggestion might be something worth thinking about. Maybe next time Bardy pops in, we can tie her to a chair as well and put the idea forward.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Guruthostirn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:04 pm

SilverScribe wrote:PB, if you're subscribed to the thread, just turn the notification off. If you're not subscribed to the thread, that's even MORE annoying. :shock:

Guru's suggestion might be something worth thinking about. Maybe next time Bardy pops in, we can tie her to a chair as well and put the idea forward.

:D:D:D

I'd welcome the company. We can compare the strength of duct tape vs rope and other subjects...

But I'm throwing my vote onto the side of "New Thread"
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby GwenElf » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Guruthostirn wrote:I'd welcome the company. We can compare the strength of duct tape vs rope and other subjects...

Whatever we used on Luthy seems not to have worked! *Goes off to check the storage rooms where all the yarn and knitting needles are kept* :P

rowanberry wrote:Sil, it doesn't have to be you who's subscribed. Neither am I, and I still get the debug error message. It can be someone who subscribed to it long ago and has since disappeared.

Ooooooh, okay. That makes more sense.

:clap: Lin for more hours! And for naps.. I'm starting to appreciate naps more and more. :D

I like Guru's suggestion, but I vote that we keep this thread open in addition to opening a new one. We change the title of this thread to "The TORC Museum" and charge people to see a relic from TORC's past, the Exotic Debug Error. Then we use all the money we'll make to visit New Zealand.

*nod*
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Wow Sil!!!! Sounds like a terrific idea!!! Oh wait aren't they just going into their fall?? I am so ready for Spring that I would rather wait to go to NZ maybe in September or October. Oh wait!!! Wont we have to earn the money to go first? Then we can earn the money till then and then book them tickets to visit the sights of Hobbiton and all just before the movie comes out!! :D

Brilliant Idea hon!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Falathiel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Vanaladiel wrote:Wow Sil!!!! Sounds like a terrific idea!!! Oh wait aren't they just going into their fall?? I am so ready for Spring that I would rather wait to go to NZ maybe in September or October. Oh wait!!! Wont we have to earn the money to go first? Then we can earn the money till then and then book them tickets to visit the sights of Hobbiton and all just before the movie comes out!! :D

Brilliant Idea hon!!!

I quite agree, sister Elf-Princess!! Brilliant, Sil! Let's get a TORC 2002 birthday group together for an October visit to Middle-earth! It will be perfect since it will be just in between the 2 Hobbit movies. And of course we know that the 2002ers are are the mostest fun.....And the Exotic Debug Error is sooo elusive, which makes it all the more attractive.....:) We'll make buckets of money.....ya'think?

[i]Telta!!![/i] (Didn't want you to miss this...... :P ) *pounces on Elf-friend and then happy-dances her all around the thread until they fall in a heap laughing* :hug: :yippie: I am sooooooooo happy to see you back on the boards! I was just thinking of you a couple of days ago when I came across the MAGNIFICENT fairy you cross-stitched for me and sent to me back in Dec 2004, which was a very hard and dark time for this Elf. It is soooooo beautiful. I am hoping to have my own place one day again, where I will have wall space to display it properly. Are you still at the return address that was on my package?

Big congratulation to Scribbles for her amazing Evenstar. :love: You wear it well, mellon nin! I am just pea-green with envy but.......I get one too this year. :)
Falathiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Guruthostirn » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Fala! Long time no see!

You and I are in the same boat...we'll be getting our jewels long after most of these fine folks. I've got to wait until June, and we'll see yours in August.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Fala hon, we are so happy to see you tonight. Oh and I found out that you are still on at 4pm tomorrow and I should be home in time to listen in. I am going to try my hardest to be here in plenty of time for the show!! :yippie: I cant wait!!! :hug: :rose: :love:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:03 am

FALA! :hug: :yippie: (...picks herself up and offers a helping hand to her laughing sweet elf-friend). Oh my goodness! It's lovely to see you. How have you been? Soooo much has happened in the time since I was away. I do still live at the same place. I'm just amazed that you still have the package. :woah:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Eowyns_elvish_sidekick » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi all!

I just noticed I received this jewel, so I thought I should come here and show it off :D

If anyone remembers me: big hello!
If not, hello anyway!

I mainly help keep the Aussie Guild from falling off the first page these days, but I sure had a lot of fun in these forums back in the heyday.

Ten years... gosh...

~Manya~
Eowyns_elvish_sidekick
Ranger of the North

Postby Eowyns_elvish_sidekick » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Looks like I haven't grown out of double posts though...

~Manya~
Eowyns_elvish_sidekick
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Wow!!! A double post 4 minutes apart!!! :clap:

Just kidding ya hon. TORC seems to be having new glitches these days and double posts is one of the symptoms.

I remember you though just vaguely!! I do not think we posted together much if at all. But I am sure I have seen your name in passing somewhere. :hug: Congratulations on the wonderful shiny Evenstar!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby GwenElf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Hiya Manya!! I'm not sure we've posted together much, but I'd be happy to move to Australia so we can change that! :D Or you can grab a room here -- there are many free, and all nicely-furnished with bean bag chairs. :D

And I'm with Vana, a double-post four minutes apart is seriously impressive. 8)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Eowyns_elvish_sidekick » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 am

Ah well I don't think I can blame the board for that one - I didn't notice the error message at first, then I refreshed... bit of a n00b mistake :P

Definitely remember you Vana, and GwenElf you also seem familiar. I was pretty low profile here round '02 so I'm impressed anyone remembers me. I don't recognise half of you with all your premium memberships and your rings :D

Edit: Vana, 30,000 posts? And we joined in the same year? Amazing!

I highly recommend a visit to Australia, but I'm pretty keen on travelling to some new places, particularly if they have bean bag chairs :D

GwenElf, I'm in love with the coffee art in your sig...

~Manya~
Eowyns_elvish_sidekick
Ranger of the North

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:25 am

Eowyns_elvish_sidekick a trip to Australia has always been a dream of mine.

I've never left Canada save for the three years we lived in Germany but that was already over twenty years ago. :roll:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 am

Telta, I've lived no more than four hours from Canada my whole life, and I've still never been there, which I find really, really sad. :P Some day! ...after I've renewed my passport and it looks like me again.

Manya, re: the latte art -- me too! :love: I wish the baristas here did fancy stuff like that; the most I've ever seen in person is the traditional leaf/flower petal. Pretty, but not a kitty. :D

Also, y'all can call me Sil.

:hihi:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 am

GwenElf I've got a few of the provinces covered. Lived in Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba. Never made it to Alberta, Saskatchewan, B.C., Newfoundland/Labrador or P.E.I. We have driven through Newbrunswick on occasion. We just can't seem to get any further west than Manitoba. :)
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Well it is time you came to BC so that you and I can get together and finally hug for real hon!!!! I will come up there and see you and maybe Scribbles will join us. Or maybe we can meet at Christina Lake one of Scribbles favorite hang outs. :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Teltasarewen » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:14 am

Vana meeting you in person would be something to look forward to. And Scribbles too! :D
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Guruthostirn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:35 am

One of these days, Telta, we will have to make it happen.

Umm...I think we should make a new thread, and soon. Personally I've been avoiding posting here a little due to the technical issues here. Things have slowed down since we identified the issue, and that's a mighty shame. Lets make a home where we don't have to worry about double posts all the time.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Teltasarewen » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Guru that would be absolutely fantabulous! :yippie:

Meeting the faces behind the typing would indeed be a time worth waiting for.
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Shall one of us start a new thread, then? Or shall we all call Bardy's name really loudly in the hopes that she comes?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaarrrddyyyy!!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:49 pm

I'll give her a yell on Facebook.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive