MODS PLS LOCK - Class of '02 v.3

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Bardhwyn wrote:And I really am enjoying our rp-lite :D Brings back some memories of great stories that started out small - the Torc Conspiracy and the AML/AMML thread... ah fond memories...

My favourite will always be The In Character Club . . . ;) Our muses really got the chance to have a field day in there - as themselves . . . ;) :shock:

IC:

Scribbles found the kitchen right after Vana and raided the pizzas as well . . . then she too followed a distinct smell of smoke . . . on the way she decided that being prepared was best and there just happened to be a big ol' bucket of soapy wash water that the cleaning Dwarves must have left behind . . . the smoke was pretty thick as she bent to pick it up, causing her to completely miss seeing Vana heading back upstairs. With the bucket firmly in hand, she sprinted down the stairwell and where the smoke was thickest, heaved the water in.

The resulting howls and screams didn't sound promising . . .

:shock:

:D:D:D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:06 pm

At the sounds of eminating through the disipating smoke, Heather hurried to get down into the room. She skidded to a sudden stop at the scene that greeted her. She couldn't help it. She burst out laughing. She was soon laughing so hard that she was litterally rolling about the sooty floor, holding her middle as if her life depended upon it.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby starlin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Starlin was munching her spicy veggy pizza in the kitchen, since the bar was full of smoke or something, better stay away from that. Then she heard a splash... someone fall down... a scream... someone laughing... She jumped up and ran to the bar, shouting: GHOSTS, GHOSTS!!!

Hard to keep up :roll: Trying to be a good student these days :angel:
starlin
Ranger of the North

Postby Silmarie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:26 pm

The Silmarils were slightly annoyed.

That is an understatement. Vexed would be a more appropriate description.

Livid just hit the spot.

Sensing her darlings' collective angers, Sil woke up from her trance and immediately ran to the stricken bap, jumping several stairs in the process. You do NOT make Silmarils angry.

The scene was something to behold.

Scribbly, you do NOT soak Silmarils in water!

Galathil already had his bow drawn, adding to general silliness of the thouroughly wet scene. She...she...she.. he stammered

Point made, Sil conceded...however we do not shoot Scribbly. Nor do we spear her, she added as an afterthought, seeing Elros had his spear almost in mid-throw.

Scribbles, you'll have to buy some serious drinks for the lads. Hello there stranger, she addressed the laughter-stricken Heather. You might want to ease up on the laughing, dear, my boys take themselves a tad seriously in such unfortunate circumstances, she whispered to her. Oh, dear, she thought to herself. I'll never hear the end of this. It'll be just like that business with the paper snake and the El-twins

Just then, starlin came through the door, shouting about ghosts. She stopped.

She stared.

The next reaction was only natural.
Silmarie
Ranger of the North

Postby Guruthostirn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Quietly Anorast reached out and turned down the smoke billowing out of the chimney. Standing in the darkness next to the gigantic fireplace the elf and Phil the bartender listened and tried to watch the hilarious scene in front of them.

"Should we tell anybody that everything is under control?" Phil asked Anorast in a low voice.

"No, I don't think so." Anorast answered, trying to keep laughter out of his voice. "Imagine what will happen when someone turns on the sprinkler system. It'll be priceless."

Phil nodded, then nonchalantly reached out and grabbed two umbrellas, handing one to the elf. In unison they popped them open and continued to watch from their darkened corner.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 pm

At Sil's advice, Heather manages to regain her composure, though she still occasionally has to hide a chuckle behind one soot covered hand. She steps back until she's leaning against the wall, still watching the procedings.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:15 pm

As the smoke cleared just enough for her to see, the sight of a drawn bow and an agressively held spear triggered the peredhel's own instictive response. In an eye-blink, the long broadsword with it's razor sharp edges was drawn and glittering in the gloom.

Luckily, Silmarie intervened, chastising the Scribe. "Hey, look, I didn't even know they were in here," Scribbles growled. "And I have news for you, if they happen to be burning, then soaking them in water is exactly what you do."

"But we're NOT burning!" one of them shouted.

"Unless you count our tempers," the other put in.

Silmarie suggested buying the "lads" some serious drinks. The bow went down, as did the spear and with a last cold glare at them both, Scribbles finally sheathed her broadsword. "Well, if it's serious drinking you're after," she said with a slight, mischevious grin, "then have I got the stuff for you. Although, I'm not sure they serve Harlindon Clearwater in this place . . . " She peered through the thinning smoke. "I'm not sure they're serving much of anything yet . . ."

And aside from RP lite, what else is shaking with all the '02 folks?

:D

SilverScribe

Postby Bardhwyn » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:50 am

Well, I am enjoying the sight of crocus, snow drops and daffodils peeking up in our back garden. Spring will come, it is assured.

My housemate is in a writing group and she mentioned a list of questions that one asks a newly created character - like an interview process. The idea being you get a better sense of the character once the questions are asked. They are questions meant for a contemporary character so I got the idea of altering them for Middle Earth characters and listing them here.

First, the list of questions for a contemporary character:

Questions to ask my characters:

Who is your hero?
What is your favorite film?
Has anyone close to you died?
What is your attitude to money?
What type of clothes do you wear?
What is your favorite word?
Are you superstitious?
What do you like/dislike about your body?
Do you have children?
Do you like your children?
Do you like music? What type?
Where do you come from?
What newspapers do you read?
How do you vote?
Who are your friends?
Who is your best friend?
What siblings do you have?
Do you want to get married?
Are you married?
Are you divorced?
Who do you live with?
Do you prefer winter or summer?
Would you stand up for your beliefs?
Are you happy?
Do you eat meat?
Have you ever been in a fight?
Are you a moral person?
Have you got any scars?
Are you helpful?
When are you nasty?
Do you prefer the Beatles or Elvis Presley?
Are you conservative or flamboyant?
Do you have any pets?
Did you/do you like school?
Do you tell lies?
What is your dream job?
What is your nightmare job?
Are you gay or straight?
Can you drive?
What car to you drive?
What are your hobbies?
Where is your favorite place?
What is your favorite color?
Of what are you most proud?
Of what are you most ashamed?
Are you religious?
Are you most like your mother or father?
What is your greatest fear?
Where do you go on Holiday?
Do you have any secrets from your family?
What is your favorite period in history?
What is God like?
What books do you get from the library?
What’s your favorite joke?
How you kill someone if you had the chance?
Who is your best friend?
Do you like yourself?
What events have scarred you mentally?
Do you keep a diary?
Do you eat in bed?
Have you any phobias?
Are you artistic?
Do you have satellite TV?
What do you do in private?

Here is the list altered for a Middle Earth Character:

Questions to ask my Middle Earth characters:

Who is your hero?
What is your favorite story of old?
Has anyone close to you died?
Do you have any money?
Do you own any land?
What type of clothes do you wear?
What is your most precious possession?
What is your favorite word?
Are you superstitious?
Do you have children?
Do you like your children?
Do you like music? What type?
Where do you come from?
Can you read?
Can you write?
If so, who taught you?
Who are your friends?
Who is your best friend?
What siblings do you have?
Do you want to get married?
Are you married?
Are you widowed/ a widower?
Who do you live with?
Do you prefer winter or summer?
Would you stand up for your beliefs?
Are you happy?
Have you ever been in a fight?
Are you a moral person?
Have you got any scars?
Are you helpful?
When are you nasty?
Do you trust Elves?
Do you trust Dwarves?
Do you trust Men?
Do you trust Eastrons?
Do you trust Southrons?
Have you ever met a Hobbit?
Do you have any pets?
Do you own a horse?
Do you tell lies?
What are your hobbies?
Where is your favorite place?
What is your favorite color?
Of what are you most proud?
Of what are you most ashamed?
Are you religious?
Are you most like your mother or father?
What is your greatest fear?
Do you have any secrets from your family?
What is your favorite period in history?
What are the Valar like?
How you kill someone if you had the chance?
Who is your best friend?
Do you like yourself?
What events have scarred you mentally?
Do you keep a diary?
Are you artistic?
Did you fight in a war?
What is your favorite food?
Have you ever gone hungry?
What is the farthest you’ve traveled?

Any comments?

If any one has any other questions for either list, post them up. :)
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Guruthostirn » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:23 am

Those are some impressive lists there Bardy...

I did develop a character worksheet (see: got a lot of ideas from other people) a ways back, but I think those lists cover everything I had in mine...
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby starlin » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:48 am

/me at school (yes, on a wonderful Saturday), pretending to be working :roll: See, I brought my computer with me today, because there're some articles I need to read on it, and translation homework to do (which can't be done without Internet access), so TORC etc. are sure distracting, but school is a much better place to pretend to be working than home, believe me :)

When I used to go do LARPG, my characters would have a wide psychological description, but rather few biographical details... Not that I was ever good at roleplaying anyway.
starlin
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:42 am

Hi there,

hope you guys are fine. Taking some time to pass by before my recital... I hadn't had a case of stage fright in a while :lol: :lol:... Last night was our rehearsal with the pianist who I have to say is amazing (I have always had trouble with my rhythm and it didn't feel like it at all last night).
There weren't so many of us so it was at the same time very frightening and very reassuring. Frightening because you can feel people looking at you (which I can't when the room is full I don't see them :lol:) and reassuring because I am always ill at ease in a crowd of people I don't know so 6 people was great to get into a comfort zone.

concert's at 4:30pm and I still have to go do some food shopping for the week but I enjoyed laying in bed with my significant other for an hour which we haven't had much chance to do since I started working ;) ;)...
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby rowanberry » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:18 am

I'm recovering for an exhausting work week...

That's a good list, Bardy, and I must go through it with a couple of my RP characters with whom I haven't got properly familiar yet. :thumbsup:

Eari, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, although I believe that the recital goes well in any case. :hug:
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:58 am

Bardhwyn wrote:Well, I am enjoying the sight of crocus, snow drops and daffodils peeking up in our back garden. Spring will come, it is assured.

I'm very jealous! The flowers won't peek until next month here . . . and we don't have snow drops. They don't seem grow well here, (I say "seem" because supposedly this is the right climate, but I have never seen them here, and my mom has tried with no success) which is vastly disappointing, because they're my favorite flower.

I get to go up to the camp I work at every summer tonight. I love reunions. :love:

Good luck at your recital Eari!
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:34 pm

Break a leg Eari!!! :D:D:D

I'm jealous of Bardy as well. We still have six weeks of winter, :P the groundhogs said so and well, that's just the way it happens to be up here in the Great White North anyway. This week, the temperatures are supposed to take a last nose dive into the low minus 'teens, with some crispy windchills thrown in for good measure. Brrrrrrrr . . . and snow. Of course. Now that the hubby will be away for a week, what do I get? Snow. What does he get? Wyoming and Vancouver. :roll:

I'm soooooooo looking forward to spring! I can't wait to see how much all my bulbs have multiplied . . . and I have tons and tons of planting and other landscaping plans . . . which means I'll probably get only half of them accomplished . . . ;)

SilverScribe

Postby GwenElf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Whew, Bardy, that's a great list! I'm going to modify it to fit my own world instead of ME and then hound all of my characters. :evilaugh: Thanks for posting! :)

6 more weeks of winter here, too, Scribbles. Make it stop, make it stttooooppp!!

Good luck at your recital, eari!! :hug:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:57 pm

I have crocuses, daffodils and primroses already blooming!! :clap: I love spring flowers. In fact Ryan's mom came over last week on Thursday and helped him get the garden all weeded so we could see all the flowers. She wanted some starts of my pansies and johnny jump ups. Oh they were blooming too!! I could tell too that my mums are coming back this year. :D

My garden is growing and I am now planning on planting some veggies this year too!! I think some tomatoes and some zucchini perhaps.

I am working a lot now. I was scheduled for 30 hours and have worked about 36. So I am thrilled though it cuts into my TORC time with friends. I am scheduled for 30 hours next week as well but at least I have the same two days off that Ryan does. :D

We are enjoying our newest family member tonight!! I adopted a kitty today! She is snow white, a short hair with her shots, micro chipped, neutered and shots. She is two years old and so sweet!! She is making herself at home and loves both Ryan and I. :D We love her too. Her name is China!! I will get piccies posted soon. :D
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:09 pm

On nice days that I don't have to work, I've been trying to clean out the back garden bed that's been allowed to go to weeds. My most hated of which is wild carrots! It's far too soon to plant most things here in WV, it's rain/snowing right this very minute! I can't wait till spring though, and I get to plant my herbs!

I like the questions, Willow. When I have time to RP, I try to sit down and draw up a detailed Character Profile. It turned out so useful, that I usually try to do that for each of my major characters in the books I'm trying to write. Helps me keep track of things.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Great list, Bardy! I can just see my hillman. "Have I got any scars? Yes, I think I got some scars, you bloodthirsty wretch of a writer." :whistle:

Snowdrops! I miss them. We don't get them in sunny California. Well, soggy California, at the moment. My roof sprung a leak in a whole new place, and the rain keeps coming. :(

Flying to Nashville tomorrow. Wish me a safe trip. :hihi:

Vana, congrats on your new kitty! She sounds delightful. Post pictures! And I think TOS demands that any white kitty adopted by a TORCer must be named Eowyn. :P

PB, haven't seen you in a while! :clap:
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:56 am

Just a brief fly by...

It's been a week since I posted and I don't think, at the moment that my post rate isn't going to get much better.

It's all because it is that part of the semester:

I have a presentation to do on the 27th, my field report submission on the 2nd, a presentation to do on the 3rd, an essay due on the 9th, an essay due on the 13th and an essay due on the 19th...

Plus of course I have my 16 hours of employment a week and 3 evenings of rehearsals a week...,

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :angry:

It's all under control though... the first presentation and field report should be finished this evening

I'm sorry my friends, I haven't even been lurking this week and I am only going to get busier... I am not going anywhere though so I shall be back... and maybe do the occasional fly by...

Don't think that I am forgetting about all of you wonderful people!!

143 :grouphug:

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:43 am

Good Luck Warden and do your best!! We will be here when you return! :thumbsup: :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Bardhwyn » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:25 am

Wow! I am glad the list is stirring imaginations. And please, if you can think of more questions for the list, please post them.

I received a lovely email from Crystal Seed today!! I dropped her an email on her 7th and she replied back, describing how she's going back into nursing as well as studying herbal remedies - phytotherapy is the word. She doesn't have much time for online communities ( :( ) but she's keeping up with Kaya regular-like.

So good luck with your nursing studies, C_S and pop 'round when you can!!

I think, if it ok with you Scribbles, I will send her your needlepoint piccys? You ok with that?

As for me, I have been studying this weekend and broke through a bit of resistance around some of the course material I am working on (project management) though it is linux networking that is now the thorn in my side. * sigh *

I want to write. Must try tonight.

** ic **

The Archer's eyes narrowed at hearing the Hillman grumble.

"Watch it, hill-boy, or I'll add a few more to your collection. The only one allowed to complain about my writer is me, go it?"
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Frelga » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:22 am

IC: "It was my writer I meant. I would apologize, but in truth there's not much to choose between them."

OOC: I am off to Nashville.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby rowanberry » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:37 am

Have a safe trip, Frelga. :hihi:

Warden, life happens to all of us. Just take care of your studies and other stuff, and come back on a better time - we'll be here. :)

Bardy, that's great about C_S. Hope she gets an opportunity to drop by to say hello. 8)

This weekend, I've hardly done anything but slept and eaten, and I feel that I could well do with a few more days off... :(
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Bardhwyn » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:48 am

Frelga wrote:IC: "It was my writer I meant. I would apologize, but in truth there's not much to choose between them."

(also ic)

fingers the hilt of her knife

"Try anyway."
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Ok, I need some help. Yesterday a question occurred to me, and I can't find the answer anywhere, and it's driving me crazy!

In the US schools are classified according to size, with 1A being schools with the smallest populations, and 8A being the schools with the largest populations, and everything in between being represented by the numbers 2-7 followed by an A. My question is, what does the "A" mean? Why do they say "5A" instead of just "level 5"?

No one seems to know, and it's driving me nuts! :shock:

So please, does anyone know?
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Why? to confuse you of course. :P
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:08 pm

With apologies to sane people, of any. ;)

Bardhwyn wrote:(also ic)

fingers the hilt of her knife

"Try anyway."

IC: "You are loyal to your writer, that is good. Still... I do not wish to sound like Garia, but it just might be that you would get your way more often if you didn't jump straight to threats?"

OOC:
Warden, good luck with the schoolwork.

Bardy, it's great that you heard from C_S! Glad to hear she is "good busy" :)

Yay, project management course. That was my latest academic success, at the University extension course. I got an A. 8)
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks y'all...

Will be back I promise. And I promise to keep popping in and saying hi... and you never know I may need to vent/cry/tell of my triumphs!!!!

Love to you all,

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silmarie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:00 am

Wardy, lotsa good karma your way! Exam/end of term time sucks abyssmally!

Vana ooo, congrats on the kitty! I don't like cats much, but little kitties have going awww :D

ic:

Silmarie wipds her brow. That was close there with Scribbly. Luckily, she is a kind and forgiving person and the Silmarils are...well...not to put too fine a point to it, easily distracted.

So, where's the beer anyhow? Elros asked.

It went to the ground. You told us, remeber? Sil was losing her patience. She loved those elves to pieces, but they drove her up the wall sometimes.

Luckily for us, I have a bottle of blueberry schnapps somewhere on my person. If the Lady Scribe would care to join me? 's got fruit in it, 's practic'ly medicine and definately good for you.

Go fetch us a few chairs Galathil, won't you?
Silmarie
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Silmarie wrote: If the Lady Scribe would care to join me?

OOC:

ROFL!!! Seems you've forgotten that them's fightin' words to the old grouch. She may be many things, but a Lady sure isn't on the list. ;)

IC:

"Fruit? Ah, perhaps another time," Scribbles tried to demur as gracefully as possible. "I happen to be more of a single malt sort of person . . ."

OOC:

Warden, great to see you're alive and doing well!

This is just a fast drive-by, must get back to work. I'll catch up proper later on. :)

SilverScribe

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive