makes me thinkhe
may want a..Root Beer

:wink:

natch

waves at Sfoxand other Roharem supine
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Texas-hobbit » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:38 pm

Hi SingingFox and sh_wulff! I had to abandon overt Karl swoonage long ago, merely because I can't rhyme worth a flip. :P

But my deep appreciation for his manly scowliness has remained undiminished. As has my awe for your creativity in this thread! You guys have given me loads of laughs! :D

Swoon for Eomer and also for the dark and handsome hitman in the "Bourne" film, the last film I saw him in. Far too long.
[color=blue:Fluffernutter Buttercups]
Swoon for the King of Rohan![/color:Fluffernutter Buttercups]
Texas-hobbit
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:48 am

Yeah Texas Hobbit, its gotten rather lonely in here lately......... :(

You know, I still havent seen that Bourne film--isnt there a first one that one needs to see so the one with Karl in it makes sense????? :?

And has anyone heard ANY news about the Doom movie??? I thought it was supposed to be out sometime this summer and, well its Aug 1 now and I havent even seen a "coming soon" commercial about it........

Huge August 1st sw :twisted: =:) :horse: =:) :love: :twisted: n for KU--even though I havent been good about singing his praises lately :wink:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby quillon » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:45 pm

Hiya, KU people!

I saw the trailer for Doom, and it's due out October 21, 2005. Karl looks very swoony in it btw. :)
quillon
Shield Bearer

Postby sh_wulff » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:00 pm

You know, I still havent seen that Bourne film--isnt there a first one that one needs to see so the one with Karl in it makes sense?????

no Sfox I've only seen the one

and I didn't suffer

saw the trailer for Doom, and it's due out October 21, 2005. Karl looks very swoony in it btw.

ooh quill

colour medeep grenn with envy

tex

great to see you

and don't worry aqbout rhyming

I only started it as a challenge to myself... KU news being s000000 scarce
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Texas-hobbit » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:43 pm

Hi wulfie! :) Good to see you, too!

The only way I can rhyme is to stick my tongue out of the corner of my mouth, stare at the ceiling for ages and still, basically come up with nothing. Too much work! I admire those who can just let it roll off the tongue (or here, fingertips). :)

SF, sh_wulff is right. The two films are loosely associated, but not dependent on each other. The only connected part is: in film one, Franke Potente (she's great) is a major character throughout and it's implied at the end that she and Bourne (Matt Damon) will be together. They are together at the beginning of film two, but that plot line lasts only about 5 minutes before it takes off in a completely different direction. Both films are quite good, fast-moving and exciting, so see them if you can. But the order is not critical.

Now, back to Karl...:D He is absolutely gorgeous in the film, a darkhaired, thinner version of his "Eomer self", but as a Russian killing machine, he is scrumdillyumptious! He shows up very early in the film and randomly thereafter. And of course, Celeborn, or Martin Scoscas is in the film as well. A two-fer, LotR-wise!
Texas-hobbit
Ranger of the North

Postby quillon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:53 pm

Here's where you can find links to the trailer for Doom if anyone's interested:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419706/trailers

:)
quillon
Shield Bearer

Postby sh_wulff » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:07 pm

oooh Quill

thanks for that

and Tex...the Osgiliath dictionary would be a slimmer volume without your contributions

remembers to wipe dr00l off keyboard
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:05 am

October???? :Q I got to wait till THEN to get my Karl fix????? :pull:

geesh.............. :roll:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby VardaElantari » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:51 am

Update your media players, ladies! Here's a link to an article about Karl and some links to interviews he's recently given!! :)

Eye Candy Linkie

Enjoy!!!
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby Texas-hobbit » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:41 pm

Aaaacck, Varda, my comp. wouldn't load the clips (dial-up too slow, maybe?) Probably best. I need to cut back on my eye-candy caloric intake, anyway. :P

I'll hit that site tomorrow evening on my work computer (can't come here while at work). The critical question is: does the Doom role allow him to wear a horsey helmet?

sh_wulff, thanks for your "Osgiliath" comment. :) It stands to reason that since puns are considered the lowest form of humor, that would be the one area in which I would I show some competance. :roll: I seem to remember all of the Eomer Luvers dropping some....er...interesting words into that dictionary. =:)

Had time to rent either of the Bourne films, yet, SF?
Texas-hobbit
Ranger of the North

Postby VardaElantari » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:59 pm

Your right, Texas-hobbit the clips are probably too big for dial-up. I hope you get to check 'em out at work. He talks about Doom and the next movie he's signed up for, called Outlander.

BTW, I don't think Karl gets to wear a cool horsey helmet in Doom, but he does have a pair of very, very tight pants on! :wink:
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby sh_wulff » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:44 pm

but he does have a pair of very, very tight pants on!

then Varda it's worth the price of admission =:)

I seem to remember all of the Eomer Luvers dropping some....er...interesting words into that dictionary.

oh the glory days of the rhyming Rohirrim.. until all the fluffy pink clouds were replaced for the more insinuating words....... :cry2: :cry2:
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby dark_princes » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:01 am

I have seen the return of the king again and this morging I have been wachting the cronicels of riddick. I love both parts that karl playes. I want to see gost schip some time. does anybody know what kind of role karl playes in that movie.

swooooom for the karl fans
dark_princes
Shield Bearer

Postby Singingfox73 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:49 am

Interesting words huh???? I have to admit, I was rather proud of MY contribution(which I will not name here as I dont want us to get smacked with the Wrath of the Mods again, though since it HAS slowed down considerably, maybe They stopped watching us....... :wink: ).....

Nice link by the way :twisted:

And tight pants are always a plus--is there gratitutious shirtlessness as well??? =:)

A great big huge "I havent been here in ages" sw =:) :horse: =:) :love: :twisted: n for Eomer and Karl.......

Whatever have I been doing with all my time,
That I cannot come in here and share my rhymes?

Not a couplet or a limmerick
Of how hot he was in Riddick.

Or what about a sonnet
About his horse and how well Eomer looked upon it?

Alas, even now I have run out of time
To sing my praises of Karl most divine.......*sigh*
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby dark_princes » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:31 am

I have noticed that the thread is getting on a little slow now. but maybe the words of you may help them Singingfox73.

I love the rymes that you make.
I need to get to see gost ship. It'sa great movie i think. Have you seen it already SF.

sw :lol: :lol: m for karl fans.
dark_princes
Shield Bearer

Postby Singingfox73 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:45 am

No I havent dark_princes, mostly because Ive been told that Karl dies a particularly gruesome death in that movie :shock: And that the movie in general kind of sucks..... :roll:

And if anyone has noticed my absence lately, I dont like to waste time on sucky movies. Though in only 8 short days I will be free again, free from buttonholes and zippers, free from nightly progress calls, free from pink and purple satin--free, free, FREEEEEEEE :happydance:

And first thing Im gonna do is have a LOTR marathon--Ive been jonesing for Eomer and Boromir :twisted: That and I got the latest Museum Replicas catalog and they have Boromir's and Eowyn's swords---oooohhhh Mufasa! One can only hope they aquire the rights to reproduce Eomer's sword and pony-nosed helm soon :wink:

Quick "getting ready for work" sw :twisted: =:) :horse: :horse: =:) :twisted: n for Eomer/Karl/.............

*do we really have to wait till October for Doom?????*
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby dark_princes » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:39 am

I haven't seen the movie so i didn't know that karl dies in gost ship. But the picture i got from the movie makes it look kind of good to watch.

I have seen the cronicles of riddick with karl. that is a good one.

Sw :lol: :lol: :lol: m for karl
dark_princes
Shield Bearer

Postby Galabrien » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:59 am

I SW :heart: :heart: :heart: N FOR KARL!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY KARL! He was sooo HOT in Chronicles of Riddick. But even hotter in LOTR!! YAY KARL!! :clap: :horse:
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby Singingfox73 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:53 am

Yes, there was some really great scowl-age in Riddick, but someone should be arrested for what they did to his hair :shock:

Quick sw :twisted: =:) :horse: :love: n for Eomer and Karl........
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby make_it_stop » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:18 am

sh_wulff wrote:oh the glory days of the rhyming Rohirrim.. until all the fluffy pink clouds were
replaced for the more insinuating words....... :cry2: :cry2:

Sigh.... One can never recapture the glories of antiquity, sh_wulff. :o Back when men were men, testosterone-beaded foreheads were testosterone-beaded foreheads, and limericks were limericks...

There was a young Marshall...TUT, TUT!
So you think you're in for some smut?
A five-line crescendo
Of crude innuendo?
Well, THIS rhyme is anything but.

Nope. They don't make 'em like they used to.
make_it_stop
Ranger of the North

Postby dark_princes » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:52 am

you'r right Make It Stop. the don't make em like the used to. but maybe the men of this time are a loth better then the were back in the old days.

At least I have found some good looking guys in these days.

Sw :lol: :lol: :lol: m for karl
dark_princes
Shield Bearer

Postby VardaElantari » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:30 am

Hey everybody!! No rhyming here, just more good gossip about Karl. I was reading FilmForce and happened to catch this tidbit:

Karl Urban is now said to be a serioius contender after "The Final Four" bombed their screentests (thank God, as none of them seemed right for it). Urban was cast in the second Jason Bourne film as an assassin. While darkly handsome, he's a bit elfish-looking for Bond. The Kiwi native has appeared in other genre fare, such as the LOTR trilogy, Chronicles of Riddick and the forthcoming Doom. He's the right age, is a recognizable but not yet big name, and has proven himself adept at genre fare. But does Urban have the gravitas and flair needed for Bond? I'm not convinced that he does.

Just thinking about him in the role of Bond . . .sw :heart: :heart: n!!!

Efish-looking?! Somebody needs to get the reporter some glasses!
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby Singingfox73 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:34 am

If he does become the next Bond, I may die of a scowl-induced heart attack! :twisted:

Of Karl we are all quite fond,
Whether he appears as a brunette or a blond.
As Eomer with his sexy scowl,
He did make us all howl,
Can you imagine the reaction to his Bond?????

:horse: :horse: :horse:

Huge sw =:) :love: :twisted: :horse: n for Karl--now Im gonna go have many pleasant dreams of him as a potential new Bond :twisted:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby VardaElantari » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:21 am

He's seems to have gotten busier of late. He is scheduled to start shooting Outlander I believe this month, and is in negotiations to play the lead in Pathfinder which will begin filming September 2006. In this movie, he'll actually play a Viking who was left behind in America after a raid. He's raised by Native Americans and ends up defending them against his blood kin. It'll be nice to see that sexy scowl under a blond wig again!!!
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby Singingfox73 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm

Ok everyone--this is sad and pathetic.......

Ive seen commercials for Doom--any comments anyone?????

*sigh*

Lonely sw :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :( n for Karl.......
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby dark_princes » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:25 pm

I haven't seen Doom or any commercials about it. So i can't say anything about that SF. I don't know where it is about but the only thing that i know is tha karl is in that and that meens enough for me. Look for it where ever it may be and try to see it as soon as possible.
dark_princes
Shield Bearer

Postby ladykayofgondor » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:02 am

Thought I would pop in and have a quick SWOON for Karl......mmmm....
Very nice!!!! :P
ladykayofgondor
Shield Bearer

Postby VardaElantari » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:37 pm

Karl had a nice scowl going in the clip I saw. I think they showed way too much Rock and not enough Karl, though. For Pete's sake, Karl is listed as the star!!!! My daughter says there's another clip out with more Karl. I can't wait to catch it!!

SW :heart: :heart: N!!! :love:
VardaElantari
Rider of the Mark

Postby dark_princes » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:46 pm

I have seen the clip wher rock is in and not enough of karl. I would not say that it is bad but perhaps it was better that karl was more in the picture. he is the star in it not rock.
But I haven't seen the other one with more karl. swooon for karl.

Can't wait to seen doom. I need to see a loth of other movie's.
dark_princes
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives