The Roaming Rohirrim's Lonely Swoons for Karl

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby IthilienRangerette » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:05 pm

Hello! Popping in again!

Singingfox (and anyone else interested in The Chronicles of Riddick DVD)- I don't know if you got the Chronicles extended edition yet, but in case you didn't, I assure you that you will REALLY like the extra scenes with Karl! :twisted: I bought it last Wednesday night and finally got to watch it last night (then again today with the commentary). I noticed that you mentioned you hated his hair in Chronicles (or at least didn't really like it), but in the commentary (which Karl participates in) he explains how that hair style came about. As someone who is, um, shall we say "intimately familiar" with his Eomer character you will just die laughing at his reasoning. I won't spoil it for everyone (unless you want me to), but I would highly recommend the extended edition (or the "director's cut" as I think they are calling it). There is at least 5 extra minutes worth of scenes with Karl/Vaako.
Let me know if you have any questions!
IthilienRangerette
Rider of the Mark

Postby Singingfox73 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:01 am

Very cool IR, Ive been debating getting it all weekend. I DID go shopping friday with my sister, but we were good and stayed away from places with lots of movies/cd's/etc...... as we were supposedly shopping for OTHER people and not ourselves :P

It has been quite a while,
Since Ive seen Eomer smile.
Been too busy with cooking, cleaning and such,
And if I put a movie on, hubby has made a fuss,
But he wants Riddick too, so thats a pluss!

Ok, silly poem. Im getting a bit rusty :roll:

Huge mid morning sw :twisted: =:) =:) :horse: n for KU/Eomer. STILL waiting on that second movie--I must go email Amazon and gripe at them over the hold up :roll:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:02 am

I cant wait to see Karl as the dirty, sweaty, marine in Doom. This will be good, if only for the eye candy. But after seeing the Price of Milk, I want to see him in a goofy role like that again, too!

Thanks for the info, IR, sounds great!
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:13 pm

Big huge gripe everyone! I got an email from Amazon.com and they said that The Truth About Demons is not available! :shock: :cry: :lightening:

They also apologised for taking so long to tell me this--grrrrrrrrrr :x

At least they didnt charge me for it, so that I would have to navagate the site to find where I could get a refund. Still, it irks me to no end. Its not like I could walk into Blockbuster and RENT it or anything :roll:

Huge irritable sw :twisted: =:) =:) :horse: n for KU/Eomer--man, I really wanted to see that movie too....... :bang:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:32 am

*casually wanders in*

I actually did bue Chronicles of Riddick... but it's for my brother for Christmas. He was trying to talk me into watching it before, and I bet he'll try again.... I said no because I'm not really a Vin Diesel fan, but if KU's in it I might have to cave a little. ;)

I realized something this morning... in all the ranting and mourning about what might/might not be in the EE for Faramir, I almost completely forgot that I'll finally get to see that scene where Eomer finds Eowyn on the battlefield! I was so disappointed when that got cut from the TE, since it was on all the previews, and even in mourning he's totally sw :cry: :cry: nworthy there, so....

sw :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ning for the hottest Marshall of the Mark!
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Galenmir » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:13 am

Hurrah for manly-grieving-Eomer! I was also overjoyed to see this scene in the six-minute trailer. Look how worried the poor guy is about his sister. Awwww... At last Karl gets to use other facial expressions besides "suspicious", "grim", and "angry".

Poor old Eomer has been badly neglected by me recently. My only excuse is that I've been busy promoting his cousin Teddy, but I'm sure that's cold comfort. *smack* Bad Galenmir. A poem for manly-worrying-Eomer!

Eomer! Eomer! Why do you fret so?
Why do you worry, and why do you sweat so?
Why do you linger by Eowyn's bed,
Moaning and groaning and pounding your head?
Yes, her shield-arm is shattered into several pieces,
And the chill in her sword-arm, it only increases.
And yes, I'm alarmed that she hasn't yet woken,
And all of the signs seem to say that she's broken,
But Aragorn here is a real wheeler-dealer,
For the hands of a king are the hands of the healer.
So please do refrain from your melodramatics,
Stop sobbing in grief like a pack of asthmatics.
And please do remember, my Rohirric mister,
Don't punch the king out for touching your sister.

That was longer than I intended... :roll:

Edit - Just realized that yesterday marked the one-year anniversary of documented Eo-Verse! My first poem was innocently posted a year ago. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those TORCers who have since swooned for Eomer in rhyme, most especially MIS, sh_wulff, and Singingfox73, whose dedicated efforts have kept Eo-Verse alive for far longer than I would have expected. Thanks for making me laugh so much.
Last edited by Galenmir on Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmatron » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:16 am

Galenmir :rofl: That's priceless! You should get yourself a premiere membership! I can just imagine what your sig pictures would look like! :lol:
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:27 am

Early morning swoonage for KU--Im only up this early today because I have to go pick up a friend's 4 year old at daycare today so Ive got to go get her carseat and directions and a note so the people at the daycare dont go "who are you and why are you taking this child?" Of course as soon as Em sees me she will be shrieking "Do we get to paint our toenails?? Do we? Do we? Do we???" That and I still havent found my old My Little Ponies for her(MLP is VERY big in the 4-year-old set right now).....*sigh*

Debating on which movie to get this weekend--Riddick with all its hot guy swooniness, or Harry Potter 3, which I have been frothing at the mouth to get a hold of.........Decisions, decisions....... :roll:

Harry Potter or Chronicles of Riddick,
I want them both, but my wallet is not that thick!
And so I must decide which one I want more,
Though Im still sad they had to get a new Dumbledore.
And Karl's poor hair in Riddick almost makes me sick!

Huge morning sw :twisted: =:) =:) :horse: n for KU--maybe it will be Riddick because I couldnt get Truth About Demons, and MUST have something else with KU in it!!!! :D
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:08 pm

Riding ,striding, galloping Rohirrim
with one at the helm that makes the sun dim
his visage stern, his sword bright
he never backs down from a fight
it's the 3rd Marshall of whom we dream

but in the qiuet between of the chamber
his smile he seems to remember
with his golden hair disarrayed
a nonchalant smile displayed
Eomer the leader of the Rohirrim

mmmh :P been away too long

but at leAst we get to see more EE scowly goodness
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:22 pm

Ok we are definately getting Riddick AND Harry Potter 3 now--I caved in and let hubby buy Halo 2 before Christmas :roll: Though he is teaching me to play it--I sort of missed out on the whole video game thing(though I would have started out on the old Atari if I *had* been so inclined.....). And considering what we had to pay for it, I think we can swing BOTH movies for what H2 cost :P :P :P :P

Huge early sunday morning sw :twisted: =:) =:) :horse: n for Eomer/KU---who I will soon hopefully have in yet another incarnation on dvd by next weekend!

Yes, this week we bought Halo 2,
Now next weekend I will get Vaaku!
And also Harry Potter Three,
Which will make me squeal with glee,
And then it will be time for ROTK EE!

:D :D :D :D :D :horse:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:57 am

Is this by any means an Eomer swwoning-thread ?

Because if yes is the answer, I'd like to join you please.
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Galenmir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:29 am

Welcome, None_Elf_Ear! This is in fact the Eomer swooning (or swwoning) thread - no need to be formal, just jump on in and start swooning. We of the Roharem have a tendency to swoon for Eomer in rhyme, but poetry is by no means compulsory.

It's been a little quiet around here recently, since many of "core" swooners have been busy championing Faramir's cause in regard to the upcoming ROTK:EE, but they're still lurking around. I suspect this thread will pick up after the EE is released and people have a chance to see Eomer's long-awaited grieving-on-the-battlefield scene.

Oh Eomer! Of greasy hair!
Of grim Rohirric underwear!
Of scowl forbidding, frown most firm!
Poesessor of a noble stern!

... I think I had better stop.
Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:38 pm

The more the merrier, None_Elf_Ear!!! And dont worry, we dont make rhyming compulsory for swoonage time :wink: Some of us are just crazier than others =:)

Over here, over there,
Did Galenmir really see Eomer's underwear??
Oh dear, the poor be-grime-ed guy!
His clothes really should be washed with lye.
Sleeping in chainmail isnt very good for duds,
Or making charges in the rain and mud.
So I suppose we should give him a break.
Why dont we throw him into the lake?
Then he can get his clothes/hair/face all nice and clean.
*And here you thought I was going to get obscene!* :P

I would *never* be all crass like that would I??? :angel: =:)

Huge late night sw :twisted: =:) =:) :horse: n for Eomer!!!

Have you all looked over in the Faz thread and the link to the screencaps??? OH MY :twisted:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:03 am

Oh my.

I was trying to start thanking you for the warm welcome, but I've just read the poems and somehow I now keep the image of some glittering, rough underwear, very undefinite, before my eyes :roll:

God help me.

Well, thank you for thw welcome, I'll try to come here as often as my busy universitary schedule will allow me :D

And of course, to swooon for the lovely knight ;)
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:31 pm

Galenmir you've gone RED

congrats :lol:

NEE welcome !!!!1

sorry gals.. been soo busy..sister's dropped baby 2 months early so between full time work and helping her out I have little time for rhyming swoons... don't worry both mum and bub well but it'll be a while before little one gets out

Galloping and riding come what may
Eomer with hair golden as the sun's rays
rollicking while toasting his comrades
I wonder waht he looks like dressed in suede
or when in his firs at night he lays

skirting that decency TOS line

but then that would depend on how er imaginative our little minds are

here's a peek at scowly grimy goodness

sw000n

*THUD*
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:03 pm

I see that the Bourne Supremacy is out now :wink:

Of course I suppose I should watch Bourne Identity first.....

And I still didnt get Riddick--I figured I was pushing my luck with Harry Potter 3 AND the first season of Red Dwarf in one day so..... :roll:

Huge lunchtime sw :twisted: =:) =:) :horse: n for KU--very nice pic by the way Sh_wulff!!!! :wink: I like this season's Rohirric fashions :P :twisted:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:09 am

hey Sfox... will send you another copy of that piccie.. that one is not very nitid

and I love that poiccie of KU too

see that lovely line of his pectorals

might show his glutei ( under clothes naturally) next

when rollicking in the hay
the Rohirrim know how and which way
to get the response needed
without boundaries exceeded
oh how I wish I was a horse today :wink:

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Galenmir » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:10 am

*quickly copies down recent poems in case they get... excised* :P

sh_wulff wrote:Galenmir you've gone RED

Yes, I have mysteriously gone red, and have had exclusively Theodred sig pics up to now, as requested by my anonymous benefactor. However, in honor of the EE's imminent release date, I have fixed up an all-Eomer pic to celebrate his added (albeit brief) scenes.

No poem at the moment, because I can't think of anything worthy of this look or this pose

(screencaps courtesy of anuhealani)
Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:43 am

Thank you very much for posting the last links, I enjoyed every little part of the beautifully-made screencaps. Where are they from ? I have seen ROTK only once, as I do not own it, and I do not quite remember these scenes.
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Galenmir » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:36 am

They are from the ROTK:EE, and appear to be of Eomer looking on during the infamous Legolas/Gimli drinking game - an added scene that suddenly seems a lot more appealing to me. I haven't actually seen the EE yet (though the box is sitting on my desk as I type), but more of Eomer is always a good thing. anu has made more screencaps from the EE available here, if you're interested.
Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:03 pm

Galenmir! Go watch it!

I'm not totally happy with everything that happened in it, but I couldn't ask for anything better for the part where Eomer finds Eowyn. That was absolutely perfect. Enough to pull me out of Fazzyland for a sw :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: n for him.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby sh_wulff » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:44 am

GalI'm sure your secret benefactor would forgive abandoning Theo for his vital cousin

I reckon those poems are fine... hmophone/pheromones..wahateva :wink:

loved those screen caps from Anu too.. was gonna post them here but was beaten to it

SMOR gald we're dragging you into the susnshine :lol:

Sfox how's being a lady fo leisure going??

Rocking Rolicking Rampaging Rohirrim
Rapaciously reaving and rapining their foes
The battle's ended, singing deathdefying chants
a rousing song, in ale they drown their woes

"To lIfe!!"they clamour, "to the honoured Dead"
By THeoden and Eomer they are bravely lead
their hale and harty voices shout paeans of Praise
to the savagely dismemberd Marshall Theodred

In the shadows lurking, a soul blacker than shade
Grima kennt wormtongue slinking in pools of dark
his poison reaching deep into men's hearts
at his death the souil feels as free as larks

Eomer striding without his helm and sword
his hair glinting by firelight his visage very grim
a voice calls out on his heel he quickly turns
his face lights up immediately with a roguish grin

my friend so glad to see you, he clasps your arms
that was a mighty blow you dealt that Orc
your swordwork is mighty your footwotk charmed
come here for a quafff and rosted pork

I was going to continue this epic poem.. but my conclusion always enede on the wrong side of the TOS line :roll:
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:57 am

Galenmir, thank you so much ! You have granted me with a treasure and I am very grateful to you ! I do not have the opportunity to watch or buy the EE, so this is a very precious thing to me. Thank you :)

*follows the link and starts enjoying*
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:09 am

Last night I saw Eomer officiate over the drinking game,
And though it was rather funny, it was also kind of lame.
Legolas was acting like a stuffed shirt snotty prig,
And Gimli was being a very nasty gross little pig.
But the look on Eomer's face, now THAT I'd like to frame!!!

Havent gotten to see the whole EE yet--only the first hour so far--but the Viewing is Saturday so :wink: :lol:

And Sh_wulff, its mostly going well, though yesterday was a LOOOONG day--watched the 4 year old again from 8am til her mom got home at 4 and then we went with another friend(kid in tow) to get our copies of the EE and didnt get home till 8:30, when I stayed and got Em to bed while mom picked up the other girl at Grandma's and after we got HER to bed we started watching the movie--I had to leave at 11:45 cause hubby was on his way home and asked rather plaintively if I could come home and fix something for him to eat(seems that SOMEONE forgot to pack himself a lunch for work so.... :P ).

Today Im doing marathon house cleaning so everything is ready for The Viewing :D

And I just found out I was exposed to the Mongolian Death Flu(the 4 year old has been puking since midnight last night :shock: )--could get interesting ....... :|

Huge lunchtime sw :twisted: =:) =:) :horse: n for Eomer--cant wait to see the rest of the scowly goodness in the EE!!!!!
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:17 pm

Merry Christmas fellow swooners, from the Fazguls.

You are cordially invited to an evening of festive merriment in the Faz thread. Join us for Mince Pies, sausage rolls, and mulled wine.

Programme of events:

A medley of Christmas songs:

I Saw Fazguls Kissing Faramir (written and performed by ShieldMatron)
Faramir is coming to Town (words by sh_wulff, performed by sh _wulff & Princess Faz)
Have yourself a snazzy Fazzy Christmas (performed by Princess Faz)
I'm Dreaming of a White Tree (performed by lhaewin and PrincessOfIthilien)
Faramir the red-haired Ranger (performed by Raksha)
Fazzy the Hot man (performed by SMOR and WIMS)
Stewards Roasting on an Open Pyre (performed by anuhealani)
Gamling got run over by a Mumak (words by anuhealani, performed by Lady Niwella)
Do they Know It's Second Breakfast (Feed the Hobbits) (performed by Cressida, de_lurker and Wilma)

There will then be a short pantomime "CinderFella", in which Faramir works in the kitchens of Minas Tirith, whilst Denethor and Boromir host a ball for the royal family of Rohan. All seem lost until the arrival of Fairy Gandalf......

The evening ends with community carol singing, when everyone can sing the following favourites (words to be found in the Faz thread)

We Three Lords of ME Are (words by Galenmir)
Good King Wenham's Lasses (words by Galenmir)
Oh Come All Ye Fazguls (words by SueB)
Once in Royal David's City
Away in Ithilien
God Rest Ye Merry Brandybuck
Oh Little Town of Hobbiton

ALL WELCOME!

Merry Christmas from the Fazguls
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:49 am

under a starry night
I gaze at the milky way
draming of vats of milk
at the end of day

suddenly emerges
a sleek skinned man
Rob's been working
on his fluorescent tan

or when his gutturals
make us all smile and say
he can whisper russian
in my ear anytime of day

even in plastic armor
and a hair do from hell
does Karl Urban cut
a figure that's mughty swell

but his role most sublime
is golden Eomer
I dr00l o'er him full time
when he's the Rohan heir

sigh.. no alcohol fuelled ditties today :roll:

the TOS look mighty blurry thru the bottom of an empty glass :wink:
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Singingfox73 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:25 pm

Sh_wulff, VERRRRRY nice sig pic there :twisted: And thanks for the email prezzie too :wink:

Look, its a new picture of Eomer,
Looking like he has not a care.
And he's even washed and brushed his hair.
Which is definately worth a long stare.
Do you think he would get offended if we used the word "fair"
To describe how he looks standing there?

Better stop there before I get carried away :twisted:

Must go yell at the coyotes howling anyway--they are riling up MY canines and 5 part doggie chorus with varmit backup is disconcerting to say the least! :shock:

Huge early evening sw :twisted: =:) =:) :horse: n for Eomer of the shiney clean locks and smoldering look :wink:
Singingfox73
Ranger of the North

Postby Galenmir » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:01 am

sh_wulff wrote:the TOS look mighty blurry thru the bottom of an empty glass

Do they look any better through the bottom of a full glass? ;)

Finally saw the first half of the EE. If it hadn't been for Eomer, I would have hated the drinking contest with a passion. I would have rent it asunder with the fury of a thousand scorned women, and trod it into the dirt beneath my feet. And then spat on it. But I was too busy ogling Eomer to really care.

Do you realize that it is the only time we ever see him out of armour? Thank you, PJ, for putting the whole destestable drinking contest back in!

:D

Oh, and I loved how Eomer gets a chance to chew the scenery with his "war is the province of men, Eowyn" bit. Oooh, scowly goodness!

Edit: Just realized that Eomer doesn't wear his armour in the fireside chat with Eowyn either. Dunno how I missed that.

Another Edit: Just finished watching the second half of the EE. I think Eomer's scream fused my spine.
Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby Galenmir » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:58 am

Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmatron » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:00 am

*snork*

I adore the picture of Eomer and the ale cask! So protective of his drink! Defender of the Rohirrim ale supply! :lol:
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives