Silmarillion Swooning

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby Aurelin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:13 am

He was on the "list" of the brothers who were most probably wedded, I wonder who his wife was. And it had to trouble him greatly to have his wife in Valinor, a poet-spirit and all (I am assuming she did stay).

:roll: Aurelin :roll:
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby anuhealani » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:15 am

Good morning/afternoon/evening, Sil-y swooners! I'm sorry I haven't been by in a while. I've missed you all. :grouphug:

That's an interesting blurb you wrote about Nelyo and Cáno, Doni. I tend to think of Maedhros as being much more intemperate than Maglor, but it's also true that his actions demonstrate that he's capable of thinking things through and not simply lashing out.

Rational swoonability aside, I feel I really must swoon for upstart Turco today now that rowanberry's brought him up again. What can I say? I like the bad boys. He's always been my favorite. :twisted:
anuhealani
Rider of the Mark

Postby rowanberry » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:57 pm

Welcome back, Anu! :hug:

Aurelin wrote:He was on the "list" of the brothers who were most probably wedded, I wonder who his wife was. And it had to trouble him greatly to have his wife in Valinor, a poet-spirit and all (I am assuming she did stay).

Yes, I remember reading somewhere in the HoME (but, of course, I can't find the passage when I need it :x ) that he was married, and that his wife stayed in Aman. I wonder if they ever saw each other again, if Maglor really didn't die sometime after the War of Wrath, but remained in Middle-earth and ultimately faded... :cry2:
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Aurelin » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:37 pm

Anu, you were missed! :hug:

I am still getting into the liking-bad-boys thing I thinkl, at least that is Tolkien's work wise. Maedhros was the start but there is no knowing where I will end up! :P;)
SW :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P NNN!! for the Many-named dark and brooding but swoonworthy Turin

that he was married, and that his wife stayed in Aman.

Yeah, I had the feeling too, of reading it somewhere. Probably Shibolleth or at least one of the last three volumes. There were quite a few wives who staid mentioned so they are mixed up in my head, who was mentioned where.
Come to think of it - we actually know of the high ladies who came to (well, set out to) ME Galadriel, Aredhel and Elenwė and Idril. I do not remember now certainly about Fingon's wife but I think she staid in Valinor too. So only one of the ladies was wedded - I start to wonder then why would Elenwė go, was there such a big love between him and Turgon, or were they relatively newly wedded perhaps?

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Donisiliel » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:50 pm

It's lovely to see you again, Anu! :D

anuhealani wrote:
That's an interesting blurb you wrote about Nelyo and Cáno, Doni.
I tend to think of Maedhros as being much more intemperate than Maglor,
but it's also true that his actions demonstrate that he's capable of thinking things through and not simply lashing out.

Well, compared to Maglor, yes, I think Maedhros is the more intemperate of the two. However, in my mind, when looking at all seven sons, the two eldest stand out as being least motivated by rash arrogance. (I could perhaps also add the twins to that, but so little is written about them that I don't have any hard oppinions on them.)

Aurelin wrote:I wonder who his wife was. And it had to trouble him greatly to have his wife in Valinor,
a poet-spirit and all (I am assuming she did stay).

I've thought the same. I'm sure there's a story there, and I must say it would be an interesing topic for a fan fic. If I were to write one, though, it goes without saying that I'd tread very carefully in order to avoid any possibilities of Mary-Sueisms. *shudder* at the very thought.

Aurelin wrote:I am still getting into the liking-bad-boys thing I think, at least that is Tolkien's work wise.
Maedhros was the start but there is no knowing where I will end up!

Now, now, Aurelin. We must put a stop to this before it goes any further! Maedhros, I have no problem with, but if you ever start swooning for, say, Maeglin or Celegorm, I shall utterly despair! :woah: Perhaps we should set you up a date with Tuor to get you back on the right track again. ;)

Poor Elenwë, it would have been better if she'd stayed behind, both for her and for Turgon. It would have been bad enough for him to leave her in Valinor, but I imagine it was worse to lose her crossing the Grinding Ice.

SW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) N for Voronwë because I love his name! I entertain thoughts of naming my cat (when I'm able to get one) after him. He'd be Ron for short. :P

~Doni
Donisiliel
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:03 pm

the two eldest stand out as being least motivated by rash arrogance. (I could perhaps also add the twins to that, but so little is written about them that I don't have any hard oppinions on them.)

I imagine they were more just youthly rash tinged with the arrogance of their father.

Perhaps we should set you up a date with Tuor to get you back on the right track again.

:D Or drive me straight to Eöl perhaps (though no worries yet *shudder at him and his creepy son and less so for Celegorm*)! Hmm, I think I will be content with going on a date with Maedhros or maybe one of the twins or Finrod (sorry Amariė!)

I think I have mentioned how the whole scene touched me even more deeply, the Grinding Ice, when I read from HoMe XII (I think) that Idril too had fallen in and Turgon had managed to save his daughter but ice slid to cover Elenwė. It gives even more dramatical impact on the already tragic thing. Which would be another fanfic idea.

Voronwė - sounds nice! :)

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:38 am

Aurelin wrote:I think I have mentioned how the whole scene touched me even more deeply, the Grinding Ice, when I read from HoMe XII (I think) that Idril too had fallen in and Turgon had managed to save his daughter but ice slid to cover Elenwė. It gives even more dramatical impact on the already tragic thing. Which would be another fanfic idea.

A couple of years ago, there was quite a good RPG about the crossing of Helcaraxë in the Pony; I didn't participate, but followed it with interest. In that story, BTW, Elenwë and Glorfindel were siblings - a good explanation for Glorfy's high position among Turgon's folk.

Which reminds me to SW :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: N for the golden-haired lord of Gondolin for a change.
rowanberry

Postby Aurelin » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:32 pm

I like that - Idril had fair hair, Turgon did not, Elenwė could have been golden haired then and Glorfy was and since golden hair was not that common among the Noldor, they could have been related.

I was just browsing by the indext through the last three volumes and did not find the Maglor's wife thing. Guess it is somewhere else. Like I am still looking for a particular passage describing the Noldor. I think I did find some time ago the one where Thranduil is said to be related to Thingol, but maybe not.

SW :love::love::love::love::love: NNN!!! for Russandol

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:09 am

Aurelin wrote:I was just browsing by the indext through the last three volumes and did not find the Maglor's wife thing. Guess it is somewhere else.

I managed to find it - it's really quite well hidden. It's in The Peoples of Middle-earth, not in the Shibboleth though, but in a note to Of Dwarves and Men concerning Celebrimbor. The only thing that is mentioned there is that, in addition to Curufin, Maglor and Caranthir were also married.

Today's SW 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) N goes to someone more familiar from LOTR: Elrond! Don't forget that he was also in the Sil...
rowanberry

Postby Aurelin » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:19 am

That little bit I knew but I had a feeling there was more. Perhaps not then. Everything I have taken in from the books is now pretty jumbled.

SW :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P NNN!!! for Gil-galad whose parentage is a :? thing.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby anuhealani » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:38 am

Aw, Doni, Maeglin and Celegorm are my two favorite Elves! You can hit me now. ;)

I remember that bit about the married sons of Fëanor, rowanberry. It's sort of mind-boggling to me that anybody would marry Curufin. Talk about an entirely loathsome person. Yeah, I still kinda like him.

Aurelin, I'm in the camp that says Gil-galad was the son of Orodreth, son of Angrod. Didn't CT pretty much admit that he made a mistake in counting him as Fingon's son in the published Sil? Not to mention Turgon receiving the high kingship of the Noldor after Fingon's death doesn't make a whole lot of sense that way.

Before I forget, you Sil-y swooners might be interested in my latest LiveJournal entry, wherein I describe something I received in the mail a few days ago... :D

Sw :P :P :P :P :P :P :P n for...hmm, let's see...I can join in a swoon for Elrond!
anuhealani
Rider of the Mark

Postby rowanberry » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:07 am

anuhealani wrote:I remember that bit about the married sons of Fëanor, rowanberry. It's sort of mind-boggling to me that anybody would marry Curufin. Talk about an entirely loathsome person. Yeah, I still kinda like him.

Well, if he looked like his dad, he was probably drop dead gorgeous... :twisted: And, maybe he could behave in the presence of his wife (or his wife made him behave...).

SW :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: N for the Bad Boys again this time - Celegorm and Curufin. :P (I must reintroduce my Trouble sig pic...)
rowanberry

Postby Aurelin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:08 pm

Nim,I love your sig pic!

Anu - I have one big WOW! to say at what you got in the mail :).

I do not find Curufin being married that big a shock. I mean Fėanor had a wife too and I think Curufin was before the Oath and Exile quite a tolerable man. While Doni edited one of my stories, we started thinking about the Oath and wedding. And the discussion with her led us to a theory about why some sons were married and others not - if in the Oath they called everlasting darkness upon them if they did not fulfil it; marrying someone was supposed to also bond their fėar. Therefore if the Oath was unfilfilled the women of the ones who swore it would suffer since their fėar were tied to those who would go to Everlasting Darkness. So let's suppose the three were already wedded, that raises the question of what those three women would go through or could they be somehow relieved of the consequences since it was not them but their husbands who swore the Oath. Anyways, the other four would not wed after swearing the Oath if they had any concience (that excludes Celegorm nicely ;)), fearing the consequences their failure to fulfil the Oath would have on their spouses.
After the Oath was sworn, I could not believe someone would have married Curufin, but before that, perhaps some woman did find the craft-manship and slight obsession (if he was at all like his dear daddy) likeable.

Yes, I too am in the camp of Gil-galad as not a son of Fingon. I have always liked the House of Finarfin better anyway!

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Donisiliel » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:34 am

:D:D:D I, too, love the sig pic, Rowanberry! Celegorm with strawberry-blondish hair makes more sense than golden blond, I think. Which of Dolfen's galleries did you find the pic on?

Wow, Anu! So how did you get your lovely bookplate? Did you write to Christopher T? (If I ever become famous , I'm afraid people will have to be disappointed by a squiggly ball-point written note; I'm afraid I haven't the patience to learn caligraphy, although I think it's beautiful!) I think the perfect book to place that in would be the spiffy 50th anniversary black-leather-bound edition of LotR. :)

Yes, I read that little discussion on Gil-galad's heritage and all I got out of it besides much confusion was that he wasn't Fingon's son. :roll:

Like Aurelin says, I think Curufin was probably more tolerable before the Oath, but I have to say that I wouldn't want to be his wife! Curufin's (and Fëanor's, for that matter) arrogance and impatience are not qualities that would make for the smoothest marriage. I don't imagine any wife could "make" either of the two of them behave. Of all the sons, I think Maglor was probably the best husband material. :P

Speaking of Makalaurë, do you suppose he left any children in Valinor? Also in reference to him, I was wondering, does anyone know the traditional "rules" for taking foster sons? I know it was done a lot in the Middle Ages and later. The lords who did raise foster sons would have been married. We know that Maglor was, but would it be very important that his wife was no longer with him?

Aurelin, I just noticed that you have a link to our thread in your sig. :horse:

Anu, why would I hit you? :wink: I know you're beyond all mortal aid.

Ah, for whom to swoon? Oh, I'll go with Túrin because my sister is playing Star Wars music on the piano, which reminds me that Episode III is coming out soon, and I have to say that Anakin has certain traits in common with Mr. Turambar.

SW :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: N!

~Doni
Donisiliel
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:19 pm

Yes, I read that little discussion on Gil-galad's heritage and all I got out of it besides much confusion was that he wasn't Fingon's son.

For me the Shibboleth I think cemented the Gil-galad is Finrod's brother's son (or was it son's son, I can't remember now). I took out the family tree I drew after reading Shibboleth and all the names mentioned in it and remembered that it was that that sorted for me the thing out. The discussion was a bit :? :| :idea: :?: :!: :oops: :shock:, or is it just that I can't recall it that well.

but I have to say that I wouldn't want to be his wife!

Neither would I. Being not the most patient person, I think I'd have been fighting with him ever day and it would have been a very loud and not-happy relationship.
Maglor would sound like the best one of the bunch husband wise, but you never know about the twins either. Relationship with Maedhros would have been more tense and required more responsibility because even without the theft of the Silmarils, to be the wife to the firstborn son of Feanor would have been more difficult than being wife to the second one.

I haven't really thought of the children of Feanor's children. Since Celebrimbor seems like really a shaky-concept due to LOTR, I think it would show that JRR had no children of the seven sons' thought of, or otherwise he would have been more certain more quickly of Celebrimbor's parentage.
It is interesting how the third generation is questionable - Gil-galad, Celebrimbor, we know very little of Celebrian. Idril is the only well-formed character of them and due to of course her being the mother of the Morning Star.

We know that Maglor was, but would it be very important that his wife was no longer with him?

I am not that familiar with it (yet, my mother brought home a book of edication and raising of children in the middle ages but I haven't gotten to it) but I think that the fact that his wife was not in ME would not matter. Widows could have foster-sons, am I right? Then Maglor could have too as the separation of him and his wife was the product of really extraordinary circumstances in our sense. However seeing as the man had sworn an Oath like that, it would be not that sensible for him to raise fostersons purely on the grounds of role-model.

I never thought of Anakin and Turin that way, but you are right. Though I think I would have liked purely on on the shallow reason of looks the Mormegil much more attractive than I-will-be-Darth-Vader Anakin.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Donisiliel » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:56 pm

Well, I really know very little about the fostering tradition. My experience of it comes mainly from a historical fiction book I read. I was wondering if anyone else here is more knowledgable than I.

Aurelin wrote:Though I think I would have liked purely on on the shallow reason of looks the Mormegil much more attractive than I-will-be-Darth-Vader Anakin.

:lol: Me, too. Although, I will say that the few pics of Anakin that I've seen from the third film are more attractive to me than the Anakin of film two. I think it's the longer hair. I like long hair on guys; it's a shame it's not very common these days. :roll:

A sw :P :P :P :P :P n for Cirdan because I imagine that being the only bearded elf, he doesn't get many swoons.

~Doni
Donisiliel
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:27 pm

it's a shame it's not very common these days.

Interesting you should say that, since here it seems longer hair for guys is "in" right now. Of course not long like the Elves but about to the shoulders is very usual when you look at people right now.
For me the guy who plays Anakin, I have forgotten his name just now, look a bit too whiny or something. Or perhaps it is that I have seen him mostly in the Higher Ground series?

:D About Cirdan
SW :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P NNN!! for him indeed

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:59 am

Aurelin, I'm afraid that my sig pic isn't in any of Jenny's galleries any longer; she very much drew the sons of Fëanor "chibi-like" as a joke, urged by me and another TORCer last year. My "troublemakers" are only a part of the drawing (Jenny didn't object showing only one or two of the seven at one time). I've still got the original picture in my computer, I'll e-mail it to you if you wish.
rowanberry

Postby Aurelin » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:03 pm

Doni asked about in what gallery the pic was but she did echo my thoughts. So it would be a delight if you could send the pic to me. My mail is "morgana_le_fey" at "hotmail" dot "com".

:roll: Aurelin :roll: [/b]
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby anuhealani » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:05 am

Aurelin, I don't think the wives of the Fëanorians would have suffered any direct consequences of their husbands swearing the Oath. Of course, they would have suffered the separation of the hröar and the mental anguish of what their husbands had done, just as anybody would feel the pain of his/her spouse's wrongs. But I see this as an indirect effect of the Oath. After all, they were allowed to stay behind in Valinor along with the faithful and the pardoned Noldor who turned back, so their fates are not tied to their husbands' in that way. They had a choice in the matter.

I also think that any wife wed in Beleriand would not be directly subject to the torment of the Oath unless she swore it herself. But then, you'd pretty much have to be a total masochist to marry an Oathbound son of Fëanor, now wouldn't you? :D

Doni, the short answer is that my mother-in-law's good friend is Christopher Tolkien's sister-in-law. Got that? :)

It doesn't seem like there are many specific rules about fostering a child, though as Aurelin said, Maglor might not be the best person for the job. I'd say the individuals who attacked my people with the intention of robbing or killing my family probably wouldn't be my first choice of guardians. ;)

rowanberry, would you mind sending me that picture? My e-mail address is anuhealani [at] gmail [dot] com. :)

Now I'm interested. What do you see as being in common with Túrin and Anakin? Besides the bit about losing their mothers as children.
anuhealani
Rider of the Mark

Postby rowanberry » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:01 am

All right, I've sent the pic to Aurelin and Anu. Please check your junk mail folders too - my messages tend to end up in those for some reason. :roll:
rowanberry

Postby Aurelin » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:37 am

Thank you, rowanberry! Got your mail! :) Maglor is really :love: there but I think that the most :lol: is Caranthir. I think it is something about his expression. I find in that picture interesting how Amrod, Amras and Maglor have the big "pretty" eyes and Maedhros is among the ones who have the more piercing and less sweet eyes.

Well, largely marriage was a thing of hroä but it is also called a bond of fėar. It had most to do with the will but I wonder how the bond itself worked. If something as horrible as decending to everlasting darkness happened, did the "bond" of the fėar somehow "transmit" some of the emptiness, despair or whatever you feel in everlasting darkness.

Anakin and Turin, well both ended up :cry2: :( , in a way both were doomed though with Anakin the indications are less prominent (and I haven't seen Ep II, so I can't say anything about that)..

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:07 am

I always say that Caranthir in that picture is just like me when my kids have come up with something really brilliant. :P

As for the Anakin - Túrin comparison, there is one "warning" scene in Ep. II in which Anakin gives in to his anger and rage, with terrible consequenses to his opponents. For Túrin, for example the killings of Brodda and Brandir could be similar "loss of control" events.
rowanberry

Postby Aurelin » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:03 pm

always say that Caranthir in that picture is just like me when my kids have come up with something really brilliant.

:D

I forgot to write it earlier - Doni, I might have found one reason why the one to take in foster-sons in the middle ages had to be married. I was reading the book of the education throughout history and there was quite a lot about the raising of future knights. Well, the foster-father was usually a reknowned man, a lot of times the liege lord of the one with the son, but sometimes also a good friend or a relative. The women come in there - half the education was the military, weapons, horses and so on; the other half the boy learnt from the women - the things we'd mostly call education here - reading, poetry, etc and above all the "respect for the ladies".
So I am guessing a widower could take on a fosterson if say he had an older relative living in the house, like a sister or mother who would be the head of the womenfolk; I doubt if he had only youngish daughters he would have them teach boys! So the existence of a woman in the house made sure the boy got the education he needed and was not deprived of half of it.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Donisiliel » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:50 pm

Thank you for the offer, Rowanberry! :D If you don't mind, I'll have Aurelin pass it along to me since we e-mail each other frequently. I have seen Jenny Dolfen's cartoon Maedhros on her Deviant gallery, but none of the other sons of Fëanor.

Like Aurelin explained, I have thought that since marriage acheives the bonding of the fëar, if the husband's fëa was lost to everlasting darkness, would not the wife suffer some kind of hurt or loss to her own?

Wow, Anu, that is quite an interesting way to be "connected" to the Tolkien family. :)

Well, the other things that I see that Anakin and Túrin have in common are that they both seem to have trouble dealing with sorrow and anger, they both can get their tempers up quite easily, and can be quite prideful. I also think they both have a desire that right be done. Of course, Anakin's morality gets twisted and destroyed by the dark side, but we see that in his youth, he did care about others when he helped Qui-gon (spelling? :P) buy the needed part for the starship. He also expresses to Padme his frustration that the politions don't seem to act in the best interests of the people and that someone should make them do what is right. As for Túrin, he was often upset with the other members of his outlaw band for their wicked deeds and for his own part in those deeds, and he did resolve to better the actions of the band. Then of course there's the obvious fact that both of them are doomed (as Aurelin said) in one way or another. Anakin falls into evil, but is ultimately redeemed; Túrin's life is more or less ruined by Morgoth's curse. In the end, both do defeat the great evil in their worlds: Anakin by bringing victory to the light side of the Force and Túrin by dealing Morgoth his death-blow. Ah, and I just now realized that both Anakin and Túrin had close but also somewhat stormy relationships to their mentors (Obi-wan and Beleg, respectively) whom each eventually kills. Anyway, I'm probably over-analyzing, but I find those similarities rather fascinating.

Anu wrote:It doesn't seem like there are many specific rules about fostering a child, though as Aurelin said, Maglor might not be the best person for the job.
I'd say the individuals who attacked my people with the intention of robbing or killing my family probably wouldn't be my first choice of guardians.

True. It didn't seem like there was much of a choice, though. Who would have taken them if Maglor hadn't? I suppose someone else could have been found, but can you imagine any of the sons of Fëanor saying, "Well, we murdered and pillaged, but still didn't find what we wanted. We did spare these two little ones, but we figure we're not the best ones to raise them. You seem like a much better choice."

Discounting the Oath (which I realize is being quite lenient of me, since it was such a huge motivator of his actions for much of his life), I think Maglor was well-suited as a foster father. He certainly would have seen that Elrond and Elrohir got more than just a military education. I imagine that for him, they were like the sons he never had. I wonder how Elrond and Elrohir felt about the situation. I believe that they would have loved Maglor for his care of them, but I can't begin to imagine the pain and bitterness of being raised by one who had killed kin and caused the loss your parents. That pain would almost be worse because of the love.

~Doni
Donisiliel
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:35 pm

I did not even think of the killing-their-mentors - one of the only points Doni brought out from the movies I have seen.
I have to agree - the similarities are very fascinating.

It is really a shame that JRR never did get some stories written - like everything after the Fall of Gondolin and some that we only have in the form of the Lost Tales and Annals.
For example I have to think - do we know how many years Elrond&Elros were the "fostersons" of Maglor? Right now I can't recall whether the Annals give precise years or are there none.
Because it will depend somewhat on their ages what they had to have felt for Maglor but I think it was a bittersweet love-hate mix.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:27 pm

Aurelin wrote:For example I have to think - do we know how many years Elrond&Elros were the "fostersons" of Maglor? Right now I can't recall whether the Annals give precise years or are there none.

I didn't find anything precise in the Annals either, earlier or later. In the earlier Annals, Elrond "was taken to nurture by Maglor" in 229 (there was no Elros in that version), and in 240 "Maglor, Maidros, and Elrond with few free Elves, the last of the Gnomes, live in hiding from Morgoth" so, according to that, it was probably for at least eleven years. There isn't any such note in the later Annals though.

SW 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) N for Maglor, anyway.
rowanberry

Postby Donisiliel » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:50 pm

I was wondering, does anybody know if the fanfic is published anywhere on which I'm guessing this pic (which is one of several called The Follower) is based? It has me rather curious. I've considered e-mailing the artist herself in order to appease my curiousity, but I'm reluctant to bother her over something like this.

And while I'm here, I must SW :Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:QN for Russandol since I haven't done so in a shocking amount of time. :shock: I hope he will forgive me for beating him up so in the latest instalment of my story. :(

~Doni
Donisiliel
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:15 am

I don't know about the fanfic, but I shouldn't think that the artist would feel bothered if you e-mailed her about the story. As far as I know, ElvenArcher who's modding the Art forum contacted her last year about her works and wasn't turned down.

And, having browsed Chmiel's gallery again, I'll have to SW :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: N for all the three Fëanorian redheads...
rowanberry

Postby Donisiliel » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:09 pm

Alright, then I may drop her a line about that. I'll let you know what I hear back.

That is a good pic of Maedhros, Amrod, and Amras. :) I came across that for the first time just a few days ago.

I play violin and have calluses on my fingertips from the strings. I can't help but wondering if our Elven bards had such a condition. I suppose their physical bodies were much like ours, so calluses would be natural; after all, they are the body's means of protection agains the wear on the skin that those strings cause. Well, now that I think about it, I really don't think they had wound steel strings back in those days! Gut strings would be much easier on the fingers. Anyway, I just can't see Daeron, or Maglor, or Finrod with callused fingers. :P

Here's a SW 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) N for Elrond. I feel sorry that the poor guy looks so creepy and old in the films. In my mind, he doesn't match at all with the description in LotR. Whenever I read of him, I have to remind myself that he's a completely different guy than the Elf in the movies.

~Doni
Donisiliel
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives