Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby shieldmatron » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:25 pm

Just a drive by...

That picture of David! :shock: :Q princessFaz He's quite yummy, isn't he? :D

Sw :) :) :) n!
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby Galenmir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:23 pm

anuhealani wrote:Galenmir, there's your Pelennor scene. Although it's not nearly as effective without sound.

Yay! Yay! Ooh, you also have a nice cap of Eomer looking worried at Eowyn's bedside! Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby Illiaris » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:41 pm

*wanders in to a sleeping thread .. ah time zones ! :)*

MiS where in the vast ocean of URLdom does it say that the Murray Whelan telemovies will be out on DVD in Feb 28 ? Shane Maloney's not updated his site. I hope it's the Director's edition by that realease date and that they include director and cast commentaries. From the articles since; they all seemed to have had such a great time making it :-)

*drums fingers waiting for end of next week when hopefully everyone in fandom and m00bies can discuss/rant/rave over the SE*
Illiaris
Shield Bearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:14 am

PrincessOfIthilien wrote:Anu has posted these screencaps, all from the EE, so don't look if you don't want to know.

http://chelleandross.com/rotk/PDVD_000.jpg

There are 333 so far, from the first half, so just change the last three digits accordingly.

213-239 is Faramir-Denethor

240-256 is Faramir-Pippin

257 is one shot from Faramir's departure from the city

Some great pictures! #239 is one of the best pictures of movie-Faramir I've ever seen.

Anu, thanx for reviewing the EE at your LJ.

RAKSHA THE DEMON :twisted: , swOOOning for Faramir
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:23 am

I've got my copy - and I've looked at a few of the new scenes, but have gone straight to the Cast commentary now, and it's absolutely hilarious - the Merry and Pippin show.

One of the best new scenes is at the coronation, where Eowyn sticks out her tongue at Arwen and says "I win".
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:27 am

PrincessOfIthilien wrote:I've got my copy - and I've looked at a few of the new scenes, but have gone straight to the Cast commentary now, and it's absolutely hilarious - the Merry and Pippin show.

One of the best new scenes is at the coronation, where Eowyn sticks out her tongue at Arwen and says "I win".

I love Billy and Dom in the cast commentaries! Actually, they were the only part of the TTT commentary I liked... especially since Sean Astin kept talking over DW's scenes. But that's old news.

And I agree... Eowyn definitely got the better end of the deal. =:)

A huge I'm-finally-done-with-that-English-paper-and-can-swoon-again sw 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) n for FluffyHousesofHealingamir!!
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:46 am

Yay for SMOR, she's done!! w00t! w00t!

Only 4 days ladies, only 4 more days!!!! Will I be able to handle it? Oh, Eru, I hope so... *faints*

PoI, :lol: :rofl: Sounds like a scene worth watching, eh? :D Love it!

pFaz, lovely piccy! *drolls*

I'm feeling a bit better about the EE this morning...I'm looking forward to having off from work that entire day...imagine, I'm getting paid to watch the EE and swoon and hang out with my best friends :D:D:D That's cause for big smiles from me...

Anu, serious bowage to you for your work with all those screencaps! For the review too, although I haven't read it yet...I will :):)

Sw :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: n for EE-Faramir because I'm exhausted this morning...

*Wimsie
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:21 pm

Just driving by. LOVING what I am seeing in the EE caps!!! SWOOOOOONing heavily....Giddy with anticipation (am I the only one who isnt watching it now?) :shock:

PoI - you crack me up, woman. And I voted. :)

Illiaris - could you post your review on the fandom spoiler thread? It's wayyyyy down the page. And do you consider yourself a purist? Just curious. :)

Sa-W :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: N for the most gorgeous man of middle earth...
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Cressida » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:16 pm

My EE anticipation is quite low at the moment, and that's a good thing. If my expectations aren't too high, I'll probably enjoy it more.

I wish there were a word other than "purist" for me. It sounds too much like someone who can't tolerate any deviation from the book at all, and who doesn't understand or care about the rules of drama and how they differ from the rules of literature.

A limp SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON anyway.
Cressida
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:19 pm

AAAAAACK!!!!!!111

too much information

but does DW as Faramir look dreeamy or what?

sw0000n

*THUD*

ps my sista dropped her baby 7 wweks early so I'll prob drive by very weekend for a while

but WIMS glad the have caught that #$%@*&^

once you know where the threat is coming from one need not be scared all the time :grouphug:

lady stef... had to have a gold lame bra...with tassels... to show my great rib cage slides off..of course :wink: PS sorry you couldn't see GS

waves at all as she whizzes past
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:42 pm

sh_wulff wrote:AAAAAACK!!!!!!111

too much information

but does DW as Faramir look dreeamy or what?

sw0000n

*THUD*

ps my sista dropped her baby 7 wweks early so I'll prob drive by very weekend for a while

Where is there too much information? *hastily reassures shani that my "info" was a joke*

David looks unbelievably dreamy! And very thin.

Congratulations to your sister - is the baby pink or blue?
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:56 pm

Shwulff - nice to see you! Congrats on being an aunt!

Cress - Sorry, I dont mean Purist in a bad way, :) but I see a trend from people who've reviewed where the more purist types are disappointed and the less puritst types are very happy, so I just wondered... :) By the way, I love your sig pic.

SW :oops: 8) :) :P :Q :D N!!!
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby de_lurker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:17 pm

okay, i've decided that i have to change my sig pic to the next picture in the HOH series. that way poi can post first, then you pfaz, and then my new one with his eyes closed. almost like a mini-movie......or better yet anu assigns us all new sig pics from her wonderful caps and gives us a posting order. then we all post in the appropriate order and recreate the scene. will of course have to wait until everyones seen the ee......

SW :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: N
Last edited by de_lurker on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
de_lurker
Rider of the Mark

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:21 pm

de_lurker wrote:okay, i've decided that i have to change my sig pic to the next picture in the HOH series. that way poi can post first, then you pfaz, and then my new one with his eyes closed. almost like a mini-movie......

SW :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: N

:lol: :lol:

Great idea DL. And that sig pic you have atm - in the film, it struck me how thin he looks in that picture.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:24 pm

Yes, great idea. All the Fazguls can get HOH pics and then we can have a mini movie when we post.

PoI - Of course he looks thin!! He's had a hard time...you mean its not real....? :)
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby de_lurker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:25 pm

PrincessOfIthilien wrote:Great idea DL. And that sig pic you have atm - in the film, it struck me how thin he looks in that picture.

he looks good skinny!

edited my post slightly as you were posting poi.
de_lurker
Rider of the Mark

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:53 pm

de_lurker wrote:
PrincessOfIthilien wrote:Great idea DL. And that sig pic you have atm - in the film, it struck me how thin he looks in that picture.

he looks good skinny!

edited my post slightly as you were posting poi.

Lol!! It might work as an experiment and would be fun to see if it could work. Tho I doubt organised posting will catch on!

And he does look good skinny - I don't like muscly men, so skinny works for me!!
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby Cressida » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:15 pm

princessFaz wrote:Cress - Sorry, I dont mean Purist in a bad way, :) but I see a trend from people who've reviewed where the more purist types are disappointed and the less puritst types are very happy, so I just wondered... :) By the way, I love your sig pic.

OK. Sorry if I sounded oversensitive. I just thought "You know, 'purist' just doesn't sound like something that it's any fun to be!"

About the sig pic, thanks. :) It's the picture on the Christmas cards I'm sending out this year. I have been to visit the original painting many times, as it "lives" in Chicago. (In fact, I got the image from the Art Institute online shop, which is where I ordered the cards from.)
Cressida
Ranger of the North

Postby de_lurker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:27 pm

Cressida wrote:
princessFaz wrote:Cress - Sorry, I dont mean Purist in a bad way, :) but I see a trend from people who've reviewed where the more purist types are disappointed and the less puritst types are very happy, so I just wondered... :) By the way, I love your sig pic.

OK. Sorry if I sounded oversensitive. I just thought "You know, 'purist' just doesn't sound like something that it's any fun to be!"

About the sig pic, thanks. :) It's the picture on the Christmas cards I'm sending out this year. I have been to visit the original painting many times, as it "lives" in Chicago. (In fact, I got the image from the Art Institute online shop, which is where I ordered the cards from.)

i use the term "purist" loosely myself - i do know that things have to be changed for film.

i've ordered items from the museum shop.

and poi - i prefer skinny too :D

okay, here's a mighty sw :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) n for faramir and the lovely and talented actor that portrayed him.
de_lurker
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cressida » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:07 pm

RakshaTheDemon wrote:Some great pictures! #239 is one of the best pictures of movie-Faramir I've ever seen.

Having just spent approximately 10 solid minutes gazing at Faz's lips in that picture, I think I must agree.

Thanks for your wonderful work with both the caps and the review, Anuhealani--whom I can now connect with your screen name at TORn too! I guess you didn't rave enough about (shudder) Turin there for me to make the connection.... ;)
Cressida
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:57 am

This thread is slowing down.....don't let Christmas get in the way lasses! Remember what's really important in life. ;)
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby bab5nutz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:20 am

Well, I've seen the EE - although not the DVD.
I have ordered the DVD, and got an e-mail on Thursday that it was on its way. However, as this outfit takes up five working days to ship, it could well be Tuesday before I get it. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time wishing that I had not ordered it online - but simply waited, and then gone into a store to buy it.
Anyway, my mother decided that she wanted a copy for herself - a VHS copy that she could watch in her own room. So, she brought herself one today. We decided that we should watch it in my room, as we can both get on the bed.
I got the tape into my room, and put it into my VCR to make sure that it was okay. Well, it was fine. However, the VHS edition comes in a letterbox format, and that means that well over half the TV screen is taken up by those black bars. On my 14inch TV screen, it looked ridiculous, and I thought "this is nuts!"
So, I unhooked my VCR, and took it out into the liviing room, where we have a 29 inch TV. I hooked the VCR into the TV, put the tape in, and started playing it. No picture.
I looked at the TV remote - there doesn't seem to be a way to tune the TV from the remote. So, I grabbed the manual, and found out you actually had to tune the channels in at the TV itself. I figure out how to tune the TV, pick a channel, and start tuning, until finally the tape image comes through.
Tonight, we watched it. It took five hours. Yeah - I know that the film is four hours ten minutes - but we stopped it a couple of times for coffee and bathroom breaks.
I won't spoil it for anyone, except to say that it was like watching another movie - a better movie. I just wish that there had been more. I will also say that with the new material added, Filmamir is now very close to Bookamir.
bab5nutz
Rider of the Mark

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:43 am

PrincessOfIthilien wrote:This thread is slowing down.....don't let Christmas get in the way lasses! Remember what's really important in life. ;)

More like trying to avoid the entire EE argument.... that and still have one project to go... but I can still sw :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P n!
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:01 am

I did my duty today. I voted. Have you ladies voted yet? In your gushing over the wonderful pics of the EE, don't forget to drop him a vote or two! Our man needs it.

I eagerly await with much anticipation for Tuesday...

sw :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D n!

*Wimsie
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:11 am

Hi all
Thanks for the reminder, wims...

PoI - :) Yes, we know whats important. Faramirs lip!!

Bab - thank you so much for the postive words on the EE. I am feeling better and better about it. Sorry you had so much trouble getting it to work. If that had been me, I would still be trying to set up the TV...

Entertainment Weekly reviewed the EE yesterday and mentioned the Den/Faz scene to say how good it was. I was so proud of Faramir. There last comment about the EE -"It is truly precious". :)

Edit - Delurker , just noticed your new sig!!! Love it!!! Get in here and post after me and PoI...
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:26 am

Has anyone listened to the directors' commentary? I'm not impressed tbh - I found them to be quite patronising towards the character of Faramir.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmatron » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:00 pm

Sorry girls, but I'm putting Beanie in the midst of all your Faz! :P

Still no word from amazon...maybe they'll send it Monday. Maybe they'll send it Tuesday and I won't get it until Thursday like they said. Oh well...

sh_wulff Congrats on becoming an auntie!

I'm voting girls, I'm voting!

I'm bogged down by Christmas...why did I decide to make lots of gifts this year? :roll:

Yea! First down! Go Griz!

Sw :) :) :) n for Faramir!
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby Cressida » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:00 pm

PrincessOfIthilien wrote:Has anyone listened to the directors' commentary? I'm not impressed tbh - I found them to be quite patronising towards the character of Faramir.

POI, I don't have the DVDs yet, but can you either tell me what they say (with appropriate spoiler warnings) or let me know which scenes contain the commentary you're referring to?
Cressida
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:35 pm

Cressida wrote:
PrincessOfIthilien wrote:Has anyone listened to the directors' commentary? I'm not impressed tbh - I found them to be quite patronising towards the character of Faramir.

POI, I don't have the DVDs yet, but can you either tell me what they say (with appropriate spoiler warnings) or let me know which scenes contain the commentary you're referring to?

To be honest Cress, I can't remember them specifically now - but there's one at Osgiliath where PJ is saying stuff about Faramir and I thought "yeah, right - you don't really care at all". And sometimes they ignore him completely in their commentary, even in his best scenes...like the pyre scene, they don't mention the oil substitute getting in his eyes. Stuff like that.

It might just be my imagination because I'm annoyed with them still. Be interested to see what you make of it.

The actors commentaries are grat tho...the Billy and Dom show. As usual.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:29 pm

WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS

Nim and I (this is Lalaith) wanted to say :

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

We've just finished watching the EE. (Yes, dear ones, we have an early copy.) Oh my goodness, fellow swooners, Faramir is positively, wonderfully swoonworthy in his new and extended scenes. Sigh. The HOH with Eowyn made us melt! His extended scenes with Denethor will make you cry. The scene with Pippin is sweet, and the only regret we have is that they didn't give him more! (Specifically, we wanted more HOH with more dialogue, but we will take what we can get.)

The rest of the ladies have indulged our wishes to watch the HOH scenes at least 3 times. :D (We'd go for more, but they're clamoring to watch other scenes. As if! Who cares about Elijah?) Just teasing! ;)

Anyway, we're off to do more swooning, but I've been dying to come in here and do a teensy bit of gloating! :thppt:

Lalaith and Nim
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives