Under the Mistletoe: The FARAMIR/ DW SWOONING THREAD!!!!

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Under the Mistletoe: The FARAMIR/ DW SWOONING THREAD!!!!

Postby princessFaz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:32 pm

Okay, time for a new thread. POI helped me with the title since I am feeling rushed and uncreative.

Lets all swoooooon for the gorgeous man we would all like to find under the mistletoe....

Thanks for the links, SMOR!!!!

Raksha - I have those and I love them, especially the Visual Companion one. Thanks for the tip. :)

SWOOOOOON for FARAMIR!!! :shock:
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Re: Under the Mistletoe: The FARAMIR/ DW SWOONING THREAD!!!

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:42 pm

princessFaz wrote:Okay, time for a new thread. POI helped me with the title since I am feeling rushed and uncreative.

Lets all swoooooon for the gorgeous man we would all like to find under the mistletoe....

Thanks for the links, SMOR!!!!

Raksha - I have those and I love them, especially the Visual Companion one. Thanks for the tip. :)

SWOOOOOON for FARAMIR!!! :shock:

:lol: :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIELDMATRON :) :lol: !!!

Raksha the Demon, looking for Faramir with mistletoe in hand
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby anuhealani » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:42 pm

Happy birthday to a thoroughly outrageous/salacious swooner like no other!

And speaking of outrageous, salacious--nice thread, pFaz! ;) Under the mistletoe would be very nice indeed. Or wrapped up in a big blue bow and nothing else. Or jumping out of a cake. I'm not picky. :)

Raksha, I had Weapons & Warfare a few days ago, but I returned it. I didn't know anything about it except that it was supposed to be interesting, and I thought it was book-verse. Curses! It was very interesting, though. I probably would have kept it except that there are so many factual errors (other than made-up-for-the-movie stuff) that my purist mind was reeling. :D

I forgot to say waaaay back on the other thread, Cressida, as for my TORn persona, you really have to look in my user info for any hint of my Túrin-diseased mind. They don't look too kindly on swooning in those parts!

Sw :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o n for Fluffimir in the bluest bluey blue tunic in the HoH. Could the man get any hotter, seriously?
anuhealani
Rider of the Mark

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:44 pm

I think we should hold a carol concert in keeping with the Christmas spirit.

Good King Wenham-lasses
Once in Royal David's City

Any more?
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:49 pm

How about :

I'm dreaming of a White Tree of Gondor Christmas ?

Have a Snazzy, Fazzy Christmas

I saw PFaz kissing Faramir...underneath the mistletoe last night (I wish)

Fazty, the Ultimate Wonder Man, was a jolly happy soul...

:shock:
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:55 pm

anuhealani wrote:Happy birthday to a thoroughly outrageous/salacious swooner like no other!

And speaking of outrageous, salacious--nice thread, pFaz! ;) Under the mistletoe would be very nice indeed. Or wrapped up in a big blue bow and nothing else. Or jumping out of a cake. I'm not picky. :)

Raksha, I had Weapons & Warfare a few days ago, but I returned it. I didn't know anything about it except that it was supposed to be interesting, and I thought it was book-verse. Curses! It was very interesting, though. I probably would have kept it except that there are so many factual errors (other than made-up-for-the-movie stuff) that my purist mind was reeling. :D

I forgot to say waaaay back on the other thread, Cressida, as for my TORn persona, you really have to look in my user info for any hint of my Túrin-diseased mind. They don't look too kindly on swooning in those parts!

Sw :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o n for Fluffimir in the bluest bluey blue tunic in the HoH. Could the man get any hotter, seriously?

Faz does look quite handsome in blue. He looked so much prettier than Aragorn in the coronation scene, and that's without getting a new hairdo.

I like the WEAPONS & WARFARE book because it gives a lot more detail on some of the movieverse stuff; plus great visuals of Gil-galad and his weapons, etc, Aragorn's various layers of clothing (and Boromir's). I just shut my eyes and look past the stuff about Faramir having been banished from Minas Tirith or the speculation that Denethor disliked his younger son because Faramir's hair reminded him of Finduilas.

I hope what they say there about weapons is accurate, if not necessarily bookverse.

RAKSHA THE DEMON :twisted:
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby whereismysam » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:56 pm

Here I am, waiting under the mistletoe!! :D:D

Love the carols!

sw 8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8) n for David and Faramir!

Ack... this wait is killing me!

*Wimsie
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby Lhaewin » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:46 pm

Thank you for the new thread, PFaz. I just learned what the mistle-toe thing means (thanks PoI :) ). I think I should introduce this tradition here too.

A Christmas carol? How about "Christmas for Rangers"?

The waiting is almost over for you Amerigûls! Hold on! :horse:
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby Wilma » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:55 pm

When I get some mistletoe, I'll have the EE in hand

Swooooooooooooooooooooon For Faz!!!
Wilma
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:00 pm

Here's a "hi!" for the new thread.

De_Lurker, "Gettin' Square" is in the mail and heading your way.

Wulff, gold tassel BD costume, eh? That sounds very hot, indeed. Has anyone warned you yet that once you start performing, you can never have enough costumes?

A little bit of LOTR stuff for you:

I went to the Alan Lee book signing in San Francisco on Friday night. It was really wonderful. He did an hour slide show of his illustrations from the films, including many that did not make it into the just released "The Art of the Lord of the Rings" book. The guy's artwork is soooo wonderful. He was so gracious, too. Supposedly there were over 150 people at the event. Many brought earlier books and posters that Lee had illustrated, which he was happy to sign, as well.

I've actually taken a vacation day tomorrow to watch ROTK--assuming that my copy will be ready at FYE's, as promised. In preparation, I watched TTT EE for the first time in six months. I was almost shocked by how stern and tough Wenham's Faramir appears in the Forbidden Pool scenes, and how sensitive and vulnerable he seems when hanging with his bro' and his dad. Talk about someone who developed a rock hard shell to hide his vulnerability. It's startling to see the contrast. I've heard reviewers call Faramir the films' most complex character--except for Gollum/Smeagol, of course. I can't wait for the ROTK EE. One more day.

- L. Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Niwella » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:02 pm

Happy Birthday shieldmatron!!!

*Lining up infront of the mistletoe where Faramir will be kept busy all Christmas*

Sw0000000000n for THRO who is funny in the actor's commentary.
Lady_Niwella
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:08 pm

LadyStefania wrote: I watched TTT EE for the first time in six months. I was almost shocked by how stern and tough Wenham's Faramir appears in the Forbidden Pool scenes, and how sensitive and vulnerable he seems when hanging with his bro' and his dad. Talk about someone who developed a rock hard shell to hide his vulnerability. It's startling to see the contrast. I've heard reviewers call Faramir the films' most complex character--
- L. Steff

As Faramir is not comfortable with warfare, albeit very good at it, I tend to think that he dare not make any mistakes, which especially in the context of the film more than the book, explains to a degree his stern persona in TTT.

But don't you just love the way he looks at The Forbidden Pool?? Very un-Faramir, but very hot!
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:11 pm

Ahh....new thread smell.

And just think... this time tomorrow, I'll have seen Faramir in all his extended edition glory... I'm so excited!!

I like the Weapons and Warfare book, personally. If for nothing else, there's so many pics of swords and other sharp pointies... ooh... (don't mind me, I swoon for swords. :D) And for someone who's interested in the stuff and knows nothing, the info's not bad. Ok for fanfic writing, at least.

Since it's a new thread, I'll repost the links for parts 1 and 2 of Lord of the Swoons...part I and part II. Still in search of part 3. I can't find a lot of the used threads. I know Farawen had it posted somewhere., but I can't remember what the site was. And I can only find a select few of the earlier Fazzy threads, none of which I think was the one that had it posted. :roll:

sw :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ning for the LOTR man whom I'd most like to be under the mistletoe with...
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Wilma » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:35 pm

Happy Birthday Sheildmatron
Wilma
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:46 pm

Woohoo, a new thread!!! Thanks for starting it, Pfaz-love the title!!!

Happy birthday, Shieldmatron!!! Hope it's Sean-tastic!! :)

Carols? How about 'O Come All Ye Fazgul'? 'O come let us adore him'... :D As if we'd need to be encouraged!! :D

I have a holiday party to attend tonight, but here's a quick SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for brand-new David/Faramir!!

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby Cressida » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:26 pm

Faramir...mistletoe...guh. :shock: Lady Niwella, you have to give the rest of us a turn at some point, you know!!

I don't have any of the art books, but I did get the Photo Guides for TTT and ROTK. I'm glad, too, since they contain hints of scenes that never did make it into the movies. Like a certain healing scene. *sob*

PrincessOfIthilien wrote:But don't you just love the way he looks at The Forbidden Pool?? Very un-Faramir, but very hot!

Very hot indeed! Actually I don't think he's too far from his book-character at that point, given the different situation; Bookamir can be very tough when the situation calls for it.
Cressida
Ranger of the North

Postby Galenmir » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:30 pm

Just poking my head in to comment on the various LOTR books being discussed. I like the pseudo-historical feel of "Weapons and Warfare", as if it's being written by modern day historians and archaeologists examining artifacts from the Third Age. Very interesting, especially as it provides intriguing rationale for some of the movie's design decisions- for example, I never noticed that the pommel of the Gondorian swords was an abstracted depiction of Minas Tirith. Coool stuff.

It is, however, completely movie-verse and has some horrendously flagrant errors if you compare the information to the books. Negatives: it mentions Theodred only once, in a picture caption for a random horsie banner. No feature on his armour and weapons, as was done for Eomer and Eowyn. Also, it consistently refers to the Rohirrim as "Rohans". *shuddertwitchspasm* On the whole, though, I enjoy it.

As for the art books, chuck 'em out the window. All those pages of glorious, beautiful conceptual art, and what happens? They leave out the design sketches of Theodred's armour and helmet. Oh well, at least I have screencaps from the TTT:EE DVD image galleries.

I haven't bought any of the photo guides. Somehow I doubt Theodred is featured in them at all. *hmph*
Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:13 pm

LadyStefania wrote:Here's a "hi!" for the new thread.

De_Lurker, "Gettin' Square" is in the mail and heading your way.

Wulff, gold tassel BD costume, eh? That sounds very hot, indeed. Has anyone warned you yet that once you start performing, you can never have enough costumes?

A little bit of LOTR stuff for you:

I went to the Alan Lee book signing in San Francisco on Friday night. It was really wonderful. He did an hour slide show of his illustrations from the films, including many that did not make it into the just released "The Art of the Lord of the Rings" book. The guy's artwork is soooo wonderful. He was so gracious, too. Supposedly there were over 150 people at the event. Many brought earlier books and posters that Lee had illustrated, which he was happy to sign, as well.

I've actually taken a vacation day tomorrow to watch ROTK--assuming that my copy will be ready at FYE's, as promised. In preparation, I watched TTT EE for the first time in six months. I was almost shocked by how stern and tough Wenham's Faramir appears in the Forbidden Pool scenes, and how sensitive and vulnerable he seems when hanging with his bro' and his dad. Talk about someone who developed a rock hard shell to hide his vulnerability. It's startling to see the contrast. I've heard reviewers call Faramir the films' most complex character--except for Gollum/Smeagol, of course. I can't wait for the ROTK EE. One more day.

- L. Steff

Neither book-Faramir or movie-Faz would have survived as anything other than a mushpuddle if he hadn't developed some strong emotional shields; being Denethor's son wasn't easy for either of the brothers Mir. Not to mention surviving to become a Captain of Rangers, fighting Haradrim and others in the wilds. Faramir is not a modern man by any stretch of the imagination; he was raised in a time where duty was held to be far more important than self-esteem.

RAKSHA THE DEMON :twisted:
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby princessFaz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:39 pm

Hi girls...*cleansing breath* Trying to maintain my composure. ONly 3 1/2 more hours until I go to Walmart to get it....

SueB - love the Carol. Let us adore him all the year. :)

Wims - I might have a link to that thread, let me check...

Lady Stef - I like how you describe Faramir acquiring a "rock hard shell to hide his vulneribility". But it makes me sad. :(

Is that a new Art of LOTR? They have one for each book/movie, but is this a new one for the whole trilogy like the visual companion is?

I love Weapons and Warfare. Even with its non-book stuff, I love it.

I'm off to Walmart soon.....

Hello to everyone else! I'm all discombobulated...

SWOOOOOOON
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:54 pm

Fazguls, this is just a quickie hi to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHIELDMATRON

The finest swoooners post on this thread, don't they 8) 8)

I have the entire "Art of" series. They are expensive. I thought myself being self-indulgent when i bought them. But it turns out that I look at them all the time, as do my friends.

I'm swoooning a million times for Faramir, book and film, and can barely wait until tomorrow.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmatron » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:46 pm

Good evening Fazgul and thank you very much for all the birthday wishes! It was indeed a good day. My boss gave me a cake, then took it away when he realized it was supposed to be a surprise. Then after lunch I found a standee of Gollum sitting at my desk and after shrieking, I walked over to him and he told me I was his preciousssssss! Great! A talking Gollum standee! I had two cards with Sean Bean on them, got flowers and prezzies from friends at work and dinner out with a friend named Shawn. Got some great FOTR pins in the mail from someone who claims to be Mrs. Faramir! :wink: And all your good wishes have made a good day even better! :grouphug:

I have the "Weapons and Warfare" book. I like the pretty pictures! :D

I can't wait for the 15th. The EE should be here for me on that day!

Sw :) :) :) n for Faramr under the mistletoe!
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Niwella » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:30 pm

Ehmm, shieldmatron, you don't mind if I take a turn while you lie swooning under the mistletoe? No? :D

Seems like a great birthday and your boss sounds great!

Don't worry Cress, I'll wait sedately in the line to the mistletoe so all the 'gûls can have a go at it. When I pictured Fazzaman as very busy under the mistletoe I was referring to the looong line of Fazgûls waiting her turn. All for one you know... :D

Sw00000000n for Mistletoeamir

The mistletoe is not a Swedish tradition, what we have here is putting one whole almond in the Christmas porridge (it's made of rice, cooked with cinnamon and sugar and milk and eaten with cold milk and cinnamon and sugar, quiet yummy actually) and the one who gets the almond is the next in line to get married - if it is an unmarried person that gets it that is. I never got it. :( But hey, I found my man anyway. :) And nowadays I am allergic to almonds so we can't use that tradition anyway.

Sw00000n for Faramir who probably got one large almond in Christmas 3018. :P
Lady_Niwella
Ranger of the North

Re: Under the Mistletoe: The FARAMIR/ DW SWOONING THREAD!!!

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:48 am

princessFaz wrote:

Or in our stockings.........

Sue - 'O Come All Ye Fazgul'? 'O come let us adore him'.. :lol:
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:39 am

Quickie post because I have my music performance final this morning... but only a few more hours until I get the EE!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :D
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby whereismysam » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:48 am

Good morning, all Fazgul!!

*Wimsie stretches*

Ah, the sun is shining, the EE comes out and....

*Loud gasps*

THE EE COMES OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sw :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D n!

*THUD*

*Wimsie
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby anuhealani » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:25 am

LN, that sounds like a fun (and delicious) Christmas tradition! Does anybody have any cool family traditions? On Christmas Eve my family drives all over the city looking for cool Christmas lights--no plastic Santas, please! Then we judge them and give the winner a box of candy. :)

SM, I'm glad you had such a nice day and that you now have a new "precious". And would that be dinner out with Shawn of the green eyes??

Good luck on your final, smor!

Galenmir, Rohans? *gaspsputterchoke*

Love the Christmas songs, everybody! :rofl: I have a few ideas...

Away in Ithilien
Stewards Roasting on an Open Pyre

A Middle-earth Christmas also includes...

Gamling Got Run Over by a Mûmak
God Rest Ye Merry Brandybuck
Jolly Old Tom Bombadil

2 easy payments of only $19.99 + S/H. No COD. :)

Enjoy your EEs, folks...

-Edit: Oops! Sorry, pFaz, I didn't notice your Snazzy Fazzy Christmas. Weird we thought of the exact same thing...
anuhealani
Rider of the Mark

Postby Galenmir » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:59 am

anuhealani wrote:Stewards Roasting on an Open Pyre

*snork* :rofl:

anuhealani wrote:Gamling Got Run Over by a Mûmak

*double snork* :rofl: :rofl:

Here's one, to the comparatively obscure tune of Good King Wenceslas:

Steward Denethor looked out
On the town's defences
As the orcs marched round about
Then he lost his senses

Brightly shone the pyre's blaze
As he immolated
Later, Gandalf sadly says:
"He should have been seda-a-ted."
Galenmir
Ranger of the North

Postby Wilma » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:20 pm

Anu that's such a sweet tradition. I love the christmas songs everyone is coming up with.

Swoooooooooooooooon for Christmasamir. :D
Wilma
Ranger of the North

Postby de_lurker » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:08 pm

Galenmir wrote:

On the town's defences
Then he lost his senses

As he immolated

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: snort snort snort, indeed :)

can't post, laughing too hard at all the songs........kudos to all :D

pfaz - did you get it?

SSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) N

ladystef - thanks
de_lurker
Rider of the Mark

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:16 pm

Galenmir wrote:

On the town's defences
Then he lost his senses

As he immolated

These are just great! Gamling got run over by a mumak indeed - good one, Anu! And Galenmir, I know and love the Good King Wencaslas tune; and your song is great!

Oh Flee, All Ye Faithful - a song for the Faithful of Numenor who resisted Ar-Pharazon and Sauron's evil

Jingle, Rings, Jingle Rings...Elrond, Galadriel and Gandalf and the Three Rings of Power

Hark Ye Herald Eagles Sing (glory to the returned King)

Far'mir The Red-Haired Ranger (had such very shiny hair)

Best I could do off the top of my head...

RAKSHA THE DEMON :lol: , swooning for Faramir the red-haired Ranger
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Fandom Archives