The "Kevin-is-not-swoonable-but-ELIJAH/FRODO-is" SwoonThread

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

The "Kevin-is-not-swoonable-but-ELIJAH/FRODO-is" S

Postby mechtild » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:16 pm

Welcome to....The "Kevin-is-not-swoonable-but-FRODO/ELIJAH-is" Swoon Thread, is what I named it, after that great suggestion.

Now I will go post the link!

*brushes off hands*

There, the link is posted in the old thread, before they lock it. Thanks Daefaroth (our mod) for the extra couple of posts to see to this change-over. And thanks, nienor, for coming up with the great new thread title.

So, where were we? Talking about Elijah as Kevin, probably. But I'm still thinking about Froooooo-doooooooh. (But I would. :twisted: )

Did I already link this Art Travesty photo-manip? Forgive me, if I did. This is Frodo as the Knight in H. F. Studwick's late Victorian work, Acracia.

At K-D, Mariole of the Harem suggested it's caption should be Frodo's, "I am wounded! I am wounded! It will never fully heal," from his post-Quest, Ring fever-induced delirium at Farmer Cotton's:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ ... wickJM.jpg

~ Mechtild
mechtild
Ranger of the North

Postby WendyLadyofLothlorien » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:46 am

Mechtild

Thank you for opening our new home...I've been lurking but not having much time to post here lately. as usual :roll: but luckily, I did notice this new thread...if we have to move on a regular basis, then we might as well take advantage and take the opportunity to rename it something topical...and you can't get much more topical than Kevin, can you !!

By the way, Achila, from KD has just gone to the trouble of scanning some Kevin-related stuff from the book about the making of this film, and has posted them in her Live Journal...here :-

"The Making of Sin-City" scans

I think that seeing as there hasn't been much news about new roles for Our Lij, and given that this Sin City isn't everyone's cup of tea ( Ha !! Understatement of the Year !!! :D ) I think I will open the floor of our spanking new thread to a little speculative discussion...

What would you like Elijah Wood to take on as his next project ?

Are there any roles out there, in the works but not cast yet, which would be perfect for him, in the way if being typical for him, OR a challenge, because they would be against type ?

Now then...down to my real business of the day...

AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Hear ye...Hear ye !!!
All of you who are waiting with baited breath for Our Mech to post her latest chapter up at the Harem, your waiting time is over !!!

Go here :-

Threshold : Chapter 11

It's a corker !!!!
WendyLadyofLothlorien
Rider of the Mark

Postby mechtild » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:27 am

Ah, Wendy! Aren't you sweet! Yes, folks, get out the champagne! :drink:

Or, the pinot noir -- for here is a new "ART TRAVESTY" painting of Frodo, this time by Caravaggio of"Bacchus". In it, you will see the sultry Shireling god of wine, raising his glass of something deep red, to toast the completion of this chapter for which he provided such tremendous inspiration. :twisted:

All hail Muse Frodo!!!!!!!!!

Frodo as "Bacchus," by Caravaggio, c. 1697:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ ... io1597.jpg

Many, many thanks to Threshold's betas :hug: , the inestimable Lady Wendy, Pearl/Diamond of Long Cleeve, and Scarlet. Scarlet in particular has put in a massive amount of work to help me revise the drafts of this chapter. THANK YOU, SCARLET! Let Bono release you for a moment, in order to receive my hearty round of applause! :clap:

Now, as to your challenge, Wendy:

Are there any roles out there, in the works but not cast yet, which would be perfect for him, in the way if being typical for him, OR a challenge, because they would be against type ?

Well, if the film were to have been good, I would have adored him to play an Ian Curtis, judging from the bio. -- Angst-ridden, tortured, talented, if only as an excuse to see him doing more deliciously screen-cap worthy work like his Frodo stuff on and in Mt. Doom.

But I also think he would do a great "villain," who is complex. Either a psycho whom one still manages to feel empathy for, or, better, something along the lines of "the lovable heel." Like a swindler or con artist, who yet manages to project a sense that, somewhere in there, there is a person who is redeemable and truly likable.

I always think of him in those shots chatting up (or looking like he's chatting up) Roisin McCarty, the dialogue coach for LotR. He just oozes charm. It would be great to see that side of him tapped into.

Here's a link to that snap shot of EW chatting to Roisin McCarty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ ... RTYsig.jpg

Doesn't he look irresistible? 8)

~ Mechtild
mechtild
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:09 pm

The Quest For Frodo (as we are calling The Quest of Frodo thread) has now reached

A Shortcut to Mushrooms

Please stop by and join in our discussion of 'The Lord of the Rings', whether you are currently reading along or not!
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby Ereshkigal » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:23 pm

Mech:

I love your pics--the Bacchus one would make the One Lad laugh, I think. I'm looking forward to your chapter! You are a source of great cheer to all true Frodophiles.

I'm trying to wrack my brains to think what I would like to see our boy play. I'd love to see what he could do in a Woody Allen vehicle, and if they ever decided to remake Marathon Man he could do quite well in the title role. Too bad there has already been a Chaplin movie--he'd be perfect for that part.

If anyone is inspired to make a feature release of the Odyssey, he'd be a great Telemachos. And he would be perfect for the lead male role in my novel, since it's based on him. :wink:
Ereshkigal
Rider of the Mark

Postby laureanna » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:25 pm

Who is Kevin ... not that it matters. :D

Mech - I'm enjoying all the art travesty pix, but must access them at home only, as the sudden bursts of laughter are hard to explain at work.

Wendy - the pic with the head is - um - disturbing. Even if it is latex. Thanks for the link. I've been wanting to read Mech's story for some time now, but never had a linky.

Who else could he play? Well, he does look a wee bit like a young Christopher Reeves aka Superman. Well, his face anyway. :roll: Let me think about that one some more.
laureanna
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:10 pm

Kevin is Elijah's role in Sin City. Check out the pictures Wendy linked to learn more...

Hmmm, I'm not sure what kind of role I'd give Elijah. How about one where I get to do his make-up? :D

I liked him as the Artful Dodger in Oliver Twist. I guess the first time I saw that movie was shortly after I learned that Elijah had been cast as Frodo. So, while it was not the first movie I'd seen him in (I had seen Huck Finn previously), it was the first time I was watching him as 'Frodo'. And, I approved ;).

But the reason I approved was because he had something that came across as good guy with a dark streak. I thought he would pull off the tormented Frodo well ;). And he did!

So, anyway, I think I am leaning towards the personable bad guy who convinces you he's a good guy, and is mostly decent, but at the end you realize he's not quite what he appeared.

I'm not sure who that would be, but that's my current guess :)
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby Lembas_Junkie » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:57 am

:drink: 8) :) :D The next chapter is ready? Wooo-hooo! :D :) 8) :drink:

New thread too...nice! And I love the title, hee hee!
Lembas_Junkie
Ranger of the North

Postby Maewyn » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:33 am

Hello Everyone.

First of all, congratulations Mechtild! Chapter 11 was well worth waiting for! :wink: =:) Also love your "Bacchus", the latest of your wonderful series of "Art Travesties"!

Wendy - I'm not very good at these things, so I'll just agree with Mechtild:
But I also think he would do a great "villain," who is complex. Either a psycho whom one still manages to feel empathy for, or, better, something along the lines of "the lovable heel." Like a swindler or con artist, who yet manages to project a sense that, somewhere in there, there is a person who is redeemable and truly likable.

Yes, I'd like to see Elijah in these types of roles.

Maewyn :)

P.S. I've just noticed this is my 400th post! Woo hoo! I never thought I'd get this far (maybe the fact that I've been posting in Man/Woman of the month lately has helped! :wink: ).
Maewyn
Rider of the Mark

Postby mechtild » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:35 am

Hi, Lembas! How's your own chapter 2 coming? (*rubs hands wickedly*)

Happy 400th post, Maewyn! You have been dragging your feet, post-wise, haven't you? What is the Man/woman of the Month thread? I thought it was just a monthly poll in which people were supposed to vote for their favourite character. Yet people post in it? Hmmm. I confess I never have voted in it. I remember someone saying months and months ago that Frodo has never won; perhaps that is why! -- because SOME of his fans are too lazy to make sure he wins. :blush: . Yes, I have been negligent. :D

Ereshkigal, I hope the fact that you have posted means you are feeling a bit recovered from all the sad goings-on in your life. :hug: You wrote,

And he would be perfect for the lead male role in my novel, since it's based on him.

HA! That made me laugh. I guess he would be great in your novel! =:) Are you working on ch. 23 now?

(He can't play Frodo in my story, unfortunately, not after what he did (or didn't do) in All I Want. :wink: I am not confident that romantic roles are going to be his metier.)

A Woody Allen sort of film really would be good. Apart from his sordid personal life, I always have been a keen fan of his films. Hannah and Her Sisters is one of my favourite films ever. I think I have watched it a dozen times at least. Even ones that had poor reviews like Another Woman, I like very much and have watched over and over (Ian Holm is in that one, too! BBC's Frodo and LotR's Bilbo). Elijah has the sort of naturalness and charm that would do well in a Woody Allen film. Yet, the best roles in his films go to women (for a change), I think. Perhaps EW could do it in drag? :lol: Naaah. Feeds the slashers.

MithLuin, you mentioned him as the Artful Dodger. Actually, that is the sort of part I would like to see him do, which I mentioned wanting to see him play, "the likable swindler or con man." I could not appreciate his Artful Dodger, however, because I thought his cockney accent too dreadful to be borne. But, as an American con artist -- or with a good dialect coach -- I would love to see him do another "likable bad boy" role.

laureanna, yes, "Kevin" of Sin City has been the talk of the Elijah Wood threads. He has been amazingly well-received, critically and by audiences, for his five-minutes of screen time as a noir-comic book-maniac killer-bad guy.

You wrote,

Who else could he play? Well, he does look a wee bit like a young Christopher Reeves aka Superman. Well, his face anyway. Let me think about that one some more.

I hadn't thought about it, but he does look a bit like Christopher Reeves. I was watching a film the other day with a different actor in it, thinking of how much EW looked like that actor. Who was it...? *puts on thinking cap* Ummmmm.... It will come back to me. But, apart from the person I can't remember, I thought he could easily play Joachin Phoenix's brother, as well as the son or baby brother of Russell Sewell ("Dark City"). I also have thought he could play a lot of the parts Robert Carlyle has played (cf. the quiet, tender lover of the main character of "Priest" , the funny but utterly lovable ex-con failure-entepreneur of "The Full Monty," the angsty, inward lead role in "Go Now").

Re: my story. I confess I am surprised that you would be interested in reading it. I didn't think it would be up your street at all, from just the "feel" I have got from your posts, here and elsewhere. Just so you'll not think I have been trying to hide it, I never have linked it, not because I wouldn't have loved to, but because one is not supposed to link directly to sites that are rated higher than PG-13. Except for the Reading Room here at TORc, I don't think there is a fan fiction archive out there that doesn't have stories rated at R or higher, whether for violence or explicit sex, much of it slash (this story isn't, however), even though these archives are chockful of G and PG-13 rated stories, too.

Zazinka's perfectly beautiful stories, for instance, are at such sites. Hers are completely canon-pristine, G-rated stories (they are at WotM-all hobbit stories; and the Harem Archives-all Frodo stories), but she can't link them in the thread, because the sites have every sort of story. I began to leave my email address in my text/sig box precisely so that interested parties could email me for the link, if they wanted to read the story. I would have posted an ad for the story in my text box if it were permitted! 8)

Naturally, I would love anyone who might possibly enjoy it, to read it. But, it is a highly-rated story, on account of erotic content (no violence or abuse, though). So I can't recommend it to persons underage, for instance.

~ Mechtild
mechtild
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:28 am

I was also thinking that, with glasses, Elijah looks quite a bit like Harry Potter. Obviously, he's too old, but Harry is supposed to look just like his dad. Again, Elijah is too young for that. Besides, both roles are already cast.

BUT....there is a scene in the 5th Harry Potter book where Harry 'accidentally' takes a peek at some of Snape's memories. Basically, he sees a scene of his dad at his age (15 or so). I think Elijah could work for that (not because he looks 15!) because he has enough of a resemblance to the actor who plays Harry, but still looks 'older', you know?

But the fun part is what the scene is of ;)

James Potter and his friends (Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Wormtail) finish up an exam and then go outside to enjoy a spring day. They are sitting under a tree, and James is being a bit of a showoff. He catches sight of Snape, and decides to torment him, but only stops when Lily (that's Harry's mother) tells him off. Basically, I can picture Elijah being a bit of a show-off and teasing some friends. And, of course, picking on poor Snape is a bit 'darker' than anything forlorn serious Harry would do.

Here is a Jenny Dolfen picture showing the scene I am referring to :)

It would only be a very small role (less than 5 min. on screen in a single scene), but it would be fun. Of course, Elijah would probably be better off avoiding fantasy films for awhile....but maybe by next year (when they start working on Order of the Phoenix) it won't be so bad.
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby dark_princes » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:09 am

Hwoupei new thread love the name

and i have found it aswel.
dark_princes
Shield Bearer

Postby Ereshkigal » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:05 pm

Yes, Mech, I'm feeling better. Thanks for asking. My sister's husband is going back to work this week (he is a travelling salesman--allright now, no jokes! :P ), so I'll try to spend some time with her this week. She wants to go through some of her son's things this week as well. That's going to be tough.

But to get back on topic--I've been very mysterious about my novel, but the character in my novel does not indulge in the wonderful kind of steamy (you have quite a bath motif going, my dear) stuff your Frodo does (are we going to be able to say "your Frodo" in this thread without laughing?). He is the moral center of my novel, though, although considered a radical by his kind. And his mate would make the Rosario Dawson character from Sin City look quite femme.

I also think that if a version of the Arthurian legends were brought to the screen that dealt explicitly with the grail legends and not the main King Arthur story, our Lad would be perfect for Galahad. Possibly he could stand a little peril (Monty Python has probably forever ruined all mention of Camelot for most of us).

Someone mentioned that Wood reminded them of another actor. I was watching Donnie Dorko the other night (extended cut), and I decided that if Elijah Wood and Tobey Maguire ever had a love child (okay, we're talking scifi here), he would look like Jake Gyllenhal--there is a resemblance there to both actors.

In fact, Jake Gyllenhal would be a good Sir Lionel to Elijah Wood's Sir Bors if that movie about the grail quest was ever made. They are brothers with quite a dramatic bit in the grail quest--and only Sir Bors becomes one of the knights to celebrate the mass with the holy grail. Sir Lionel tragically doesn't make the cut, so to speak.

I love medieval literature--can you tell?[/b]
Ereshkigal
Rider of the Mark

Postby Wilma » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:21 am

Well i just came by for driveby swoon since I haven't swooned in a while.

Then I saw Mech's first Art Travesty in this thread and now I am laughing so hard I can't read the rest of this thread. I am off to recover :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Sw :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: nnnnnnn for the wounded one!!!!!
Wilma
Ranger of the North

Postby Zazinka » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:26 am

MithLuin, that's cool HP fan art you linked. I didn't know you were a fellow HP fan. :wink: Did you know there's an HP thread right here at TORC? (Thanks to Ceefour for telling me about it.)

When I first heard that someone named Elijah Wood had been cast as Frodo I looked around online for a picture of him. There was one fan site at the time and it was pretty out of date, but it had a picture of him that just screamed "Harry Potter" to me. I've posted links to it many a time--here it is. I bet, Mith, that you've seen it before. :wink:

http://www.bagendinn.com/elijah/images/ ... riving.jpg
Zazinka
Shield Bearer

Postby Maewyn » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:55 am

Hello Everyone.

Hello to dark_princes, Ereshkigal and Wilma - nice to see you all back here!

What is the Man/woman of the Month thread? I thought it was just a monthly poll in which people were supposed to vote for their favourite character. Yet people post in it? Hmmm. I confess I never have voted in it. I remember someone saying months and months ago that Frodo has never won; perhaps that is why! -- because SOME of his fans are too lazy to make sure he wins. . Yes, I have been negligent.

People post a vote daily for a character. The only restriction is that you can't vote for the same character twice in a row. Faramir is rather over-represented, having won six times! Eowyn & Legolas have each won twice. Frodo hasn't won since September 2003 (the only time, in fact).

So, to vote in the Man/Woman of April thread go here, look at the first page to check the rules, and off you go!

Rise up, Frodo Fans!

:happydance: :clap: VOTE 1 FOR FRODO NOW! :clap: :happydance:

ahem... this sort of reminds me of MOME! :oops: :D

Maewyn
Rider of the Mark

Postby mechtild » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:05 am

Ooooooh, Zazinka, I was HOPING you'd link that piccie, as soon as I read MithLuin's post about seeing a Harry Potter likeness. I think he is indecently cute in that shot. Pinch those little cheeks!

Ereshkigal, I am so pleased you are feeling more up to snuff. I just read your post and had to ask my daughter, "Who's Jake Gyllenhal?", since she has not yet walked out the door for school. "Mom! He was the lead in that storm movie; the one with the end of the world in New York!" Still a blank expression. "You know, The Day After Tomorrow." (We both had seen it.) She's rolling her eyes at this point. Me, sheepishly: "I can't remember what he looks like." She: "Well, look him up!" Door slams.

I will do that. I will look him up. She asked me why I wanted to know, and I said what you said. She replied, "Hmm. I can see Tobey Maguire, but not Elijah." The Daughter has spoken.

As for the King Arthur tales, what about Percival (Parsifal)? He was so pure and all that. EW is GREAT at pure, as we all know who have dragged him off in efforts to debauch his Frodo... :twisted:

dark_princes, Hi! I hope you burdens have lightened a little by now.

Wilma, hello!!!! I still haven't given your new hanf-out a good look around, but it has been hopping here in The Quest Of Frodo thread and where I hang out at K-D. But I'll get some time, honestly! I am so pleased you liked the Art Travesty. I thought it hilarious, myself. :lol:

Do come back and stay longer!

~ Mechtild
mechtild
Ranger of the North

Postby Estë-Tangletoes » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:09 am

Greetings fellow Frodo-swooners. I lurk here from time to time and appreciate this thread with its diversity, fun and friendliness. I post mostly over at KD, but I had to jump in because I could not resist suggesting a roll for EW. (Waves to Mechtild.) :)

There is a book that I read, and enjoyed, titled ‘Kingdom of the Grail’ by A.A. Attanasio. 1992.

It takes place in twelfth-century Wales and is very Arthurian.

Quote excerpt:

Ten years have passed since the aged Baroness Ailena Valaise was ruthlessly turned out of her castle by her son. She has now returned no longer a frail dowager, but a maiden of enigmatic beauty. Claiming to have been restored to her youth by a drink from the Holy Grail.

Bear with me please the best is yet to come.

Is she a living miracle, or a bold impostor? […..]Thomas, the Baroness’ grandson (who is a priest) prays that she is an impostor, lest his forbidden passion for her damn him forever.
End quote:

There is so much passion, angst and soul searching in this story that imho EW would be perfect for the part of Thomas.

--Estë-Tangletoes
Estë-Tangletoes
Citizen of Imladris

Postby nienor*lalaith » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:46 am

Goodness, you guys chose my thread title suggestion!! I feel so important. :P

Welcome, Estë!! I lurk at KD from time to time, but I haven't gotten around to signing up there yet. Any role with passion, angst and soul searching sounds good for Elijah. :wink: I was trying to think of a role I would like to see Elijah in, but I kept coming back to Jonathan in Everything is Illuminated, and what do you know....he was cast. The Ian Curtis rumors were definately interesting...I don't know if anything was confirmed about Elijah's involvement (or non-invlovement) in the project, but I would've loved to see him in an angsty musician type of role. The swooner in me would have a field day. :P

Waves to mech, Wilma, laureanna, MithLuin, Maewyn, Zazinka, Eresh, dark_princes, and Wendy!

~n*l
nienor*lalaith
Shield Bearer

Postby Maewyn » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:14 am

Hello Everyone.

Just dropping by to say hello to Estë-Tangletoes! Welcome to our Frodo/Elijah swoon thread! I know you from K-D - I'm Kumari over there (though you'd never know it of late. I haven't posted there for quite a while!)

*Waves back to neinor* :)

Maewyn
Rider of the Mark

Postby mechtild » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:50 am

Estë, bay-bay! It's great to see you in this thread! :hug: Hey, I wrote a post thanking you for you dreamy rec in the K-D fanfiction thread. I am afraid I immediately got all carried away in a different discussion, but you know me.

Anyway, it's wonderful that you posted here. I feel as though we are spinning our wheels a bit, though. There were some reviews posted over at K-D's The Faculty (don't look now; they are just droning on and on about which commemorative trinkets they all own. Shees! :roll: ) that were less thrilling about his role in Hooligans. And other posts there make it seem more and more doubtful that the film will be picked up for release in theaters in the U.S. But I have my fingers crossed! I REALLY want to see him in it. Do you know if it is going to be shown in your country yet?

Maewyn, that's right - you haven't posted there in a while. I so appreciate that you still are posting here. It comforts me to see your GORGEOUS sig pic every day, too! *swoon* :heart:

Nienor, I, too, await Everything is Illuminated. Especially if Hooligans never gets released. Kevin is NOT going to do the trick for me. :lol: As you said, Kevin-is-not-swoonable-but-Frodo-is. Too true!

~ Mechtild
Last edited by mechtild on Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mechtild
Ranger of the North

Postby ceefour » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:23 am

Now, Mechtild, be nice! :wink:

Kevin is definitely not swoonable. :shock: But EW's ability to project so much evil in such a small part and so little screen time is.

C4
ceefour
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Estë-Tangletoes » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:51 am

nienor*lalaith, Maewyn, – Thank you for the welcome. :)

Waves to ceefour. I know your face :) KD.

Maewyn – You already know that I love your drawings but an artist with such talent, as yours, should hear it often. An artist - be it in painting, drawing, textiles, photography, writing etc needs to be encouraged.

Mechtild :hug: Thank you for the welcome – I’d like to see you get carried away by Frodo. :evil:

Another roll, imho ,that would suit EW and I believe that he could carry it off with flying colours, (we’re back there Mechtild) is the lead roll in ‘The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.' Of course I love the version with Danny Kaye – but imagine what could be done now, with all the advancements that have been made in filming. Perhaps it’s time for a remake.

Just a thought.

--Estë
Estë-Tangletoes
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lembas_Junkie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:54 am

Kevin is definitely not swoonable. :shock: But EW's ability to project so much evil in such a small part and so little screen time is.

That, and clicking the link that Lady Wendy gave with some great "making of" shots of EW - including a most excellent shot of him tied up to a pole! =:) (The one with all limbs intact, that is... *cough* ...)
Last edited by Lembas_Junkie on Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lembas_Junkie
Ranger of the North

Postby Maewyn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:00 am

Hello Everyone.

Thank you Estë, for your encouraging words. It is very much appreciated. :hug: I still haven't decided on which picture to base my next drawing. I'll know it when I see it - it'll jump out at me!

Hi ceefour, it's nice to see another K-D friend over here. Welcome!

Maewyn, that's right - you haven't posted there in a while. I so appreciate that you still are posting here. It comforts me to see your GORGEOUS sig pic every day, too! *swoon*

Mechtild - I've rectified the omission tonight and posted twice! I couldn't resist posting those "Frodo on the banks of Anduin" pics!

SW :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:N!

That, and clicking the link that Lady Wendy gave with some great "making of" shots of EW - including a most excellent shot of him tied up to a pole!

Hi Lembas! Hmmmm... that reminds me, how's "Part 2" coming along? :)

Goodnight all!

Maewyn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ereshkigal » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:53 pm

Hi Ceefour! It took me a moment to realize that your name is new in this forum, because I've seen it so much at KD. Welcome!

And Este, too! Welcome! We have a good time in here, and a good community. I so agree with your Walter Mitty idea, and hoped at first that All I Want would follow along in this vein, but it just deteriorated into a really silly revenge fantasy.

Lembas--you naughty minx. Tee hee. Of course, Mech and others know how enamoured I am of the Cirith Ungol shots. Reminds me so much of Green Day's song, "Blood, Sex and Booze."

"I'm in distress, oh mistress
I confess so do it one more time
these handcuffs are too tight
you know I will obey, so please
don't make me beg
for blood, sex and booze you give me.

some say I'm disturbed
but it's what I deserve, another lesson
to be learned . . . from a girl called kill."

from Warning
Ereshkigal
Rider of the Mark

Postby mechtild » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:44 pm

Ereshkigal, you said to Estë,

I so agree with your Walter Mitty idea, and hoped at first that All I Want would follow along in this vein, but it just deteriorated into a really silly revenge fantasy.

That's just what I was thinking, only more darkly. As in, "Hmmm.... Walter Mitty -- could be good! But look what they did with it in All I Want!" :lol:

Um, nice song, Eresh! A lot bolder and more to-the-point that the old one I had thought of -- an old Mo-town song that the Beatles did: "Chains! My baby's got me wrapped up in chains! And they ain't the kind, that you can seeeeee! Oh, oh, these chains of loooooove, got a hold on me, yeah!"

Lembas, I didn't notice this shot of him tied to a pole! (Or, was it a "support beam...?") Oh, how did I miss it? Where the heck is that link?????

Estë, you would like to see me get carried away by Frodo? Well, that's non-stop. But, my, aren't you the voyeur? You must read fan fiction. :twisted:

ceefour, I am nice. I'm just not nice to Kevin. I like to keep my head on my shoulders, not on his wall. 8)

P.S. I have not heard from Texas-hobbit (Tex). I emailed her, too. Has anyone seen her posting anywhere since 3/19??? That's a long time for us to have heard nothing. :(

~ Mechtild
mechtild
Ranger of the North

Postby MithLuin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:24 pm

The Quest for Frodo has moved on to:
A Conspiracy Unmasked

So, please check it out!

Actually, I don't remember seeing the Elijah-as-HP picture before, so thanks for linking it. I'm not really an HP fan. I saw the movies, and then read the books this past summer. They're fine books, but well... I'm not a fan. I just find them interesting and exciting. I'll be happy to read the next two. I'll even pay attention to when the books and movies are due out. But, well...I just can't call myself a fan. I don't take them seriously enough.

Oh, and a suggestion for a good Frodo picture....(to draw). There's a lovely shot of when he first hears the elves (before the elf-watching scene in the FOTR EE). I've managed to lose my link to it :roll:, but it is really just a great picture. He's laying on the tree hold the pipe, and just starts to look up. Not this shot or this one, but a nearby one.

Here's another nice one...

And I know I'm supposed to take a picture of the drawing I did, but I haven't done that yet. My fan activities move at a glacial pace. I'll get there....eventually.
MithLuin
Mariner

Postby mechtild » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:41 pm

Boo hoo, MithLuin, I couldn't open your first two links properly.

Is this the in-the-tree-with-the-pipe shot you were looking for?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/ ... ntree2.jpg

P.S., thanks for the link to the new chapter of The Quest of Frodo!

P.P.S. Lembas, I emailed you. Did you get it?

~ Mechtild
mechtild
Ranger of the North

Postby Estë-Tangletoes » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:07 am

Ereshkigal, thank you for the welcome. I have not seen the film ‘All I Want’, but I’ve read about it at KD.

Mechtild you wrote: But, my, aren't you the voyeur? You must read fan fiction.

BUSTED!!! :blush: :oops: - They’d never believe it if my friends could see me now. :wink:

This is me reading fan fiction :) :wink: :shock: :evil: :shock: :( :cry: :Q :rofl: but not necessarily in that order.

Have a great week-end everyone!

--Estë
Estë-Tangletoes
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Fandom Archives