The Daily Faramir/DW Swooning Soap/Sit Com

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

The Daily Faramir/DW Swooning Soap/Sit Com

Postby Lhaewin » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:02 pm

Come on and get creative!

Swoon and contribute to the story about the Hurins and the Wiki family as much as you like. :)
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:10 pm

Nice title lhaewin.

Get those creative juices flowing.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:22 pm

Yay, a new thread! Thanks for starting it, Lhaewin! Great title!

From MoH in the last thread:

What a sad thought! The last of the domesticated Faramirs, grown plump and elderly, dozing by the fire, and removed from the breeding pool. Far better keep them in their natural surroundings in a national reserve, from which frisky young Faramirs can be reintroduced into the wild.

Oooo, frisky young Faramirs!! :D Yeah, I'll take me some of those... :D

Good luck with the move, L.Stef!!

PFaz, hope you feel better soon!!!

And now here's a song dedicated to all those wild, free-range, frisky young Faramirs:

Oh, give me a home
Where the Faramirs roam,
Where the Lukes, Carls and Joshes all play,
Where seldom is heard
A non-swooning word
And his eyes are the bluest all day!

:D

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for frisky, wild David/ Faramir!!

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:26 pm

SueB wrote:Oooo, frisky young Faramirs!! :D Yeah, I'll take me some of those... :D

And now here's a song dedicated to all those wild, free-range, frisky young Faramirs:

Oh, give me a home
Where the Faramirs roam,
Where the Lukes, Carls and Joshes all play,
Where seldom is heard
A non-swooning word
And his eyes are the bluest all day!

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for frisky, wild David/ Faramir!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Give me a home, where the Faramirs roam....... :lol: :lol:
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:47 pm

Ooooo, nice new thread, lhaewin. Love the title...

SueB - HDTOL :rofl:

Thanks everyone.

Lady stef - good luck with the move.
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:01 pm

ooooh new thread...
great title

forgot to say... good luck with the move LStef and hope you feel better soon PFaz

it slipped my mind because

1 DW's Backside was distracting me

2 I crashed my car :oops: .. so feeling a bit scatterd...no worries both me and the other driver are OK but... our casr are a little bingled

so it's off to the repairers today

otherwise I'm ok
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:48 pm

SH_WULFF!!! :hug: Sorry to hear about your accident!! Sure glad you're OK!!

Just added a new part to my story over in the Scriptorium, for those who are readin' it.

Take care, all!!! :grouphug:

SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby de_lurker » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:13 pm

lhaewin - yeah, new thread. thank you ma'am :)

sh_wulff wrote:1 DW's Backside was distracting me

2 I crashed my car :oops: .. so feeling a bit scatterd...

me too! to both! only crashed mine a couple months ago....but DW's backside makes me forget about that little incident :D wulffie, what is on the back of his shirt? and he's know for his? well i'll be........

sueB - love, love, love your story :) can you tell i like it? :D i stink at reviews but it gets a big thumbs up from me.

righty-o, back to cleaning.......
de_lurker
Rider of the Mark

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:07 am

oohhh today has been a splendid Wenham-fraught day. I had a little David gathering with my two friends. Slideshow and interview clips. Van Helsing. I never saw VH before and... wow... he was so SOOO adorable and funny in that movie... I personally did not like the movie, but I LOVED Carl and the MASQUERADE especially! I prefer his character out of all of them. And I was surprised how, even though he tried so hard to be dorky/unattractive, the fine features of his noble face still could not be concealed.
-- Side note: Ooh I love masquerades. I wanted to develop a film idea in which the whole epic centers around this masquerade society. I so want to visit that annual masquerade festival in Venice. The images bring the tears to my eyes. OOOO :oops: to go to prom with a beauteous masquerade ball gown, a beauteous David Wenham in fine glittering mask and deep, velvety, embroidered suit, and within a place like a gaudy, majestic cathedral of sorts or whatever, like in VH. Such dreams make the heart stretch like putty. --end --
And I love how, even though this is a totally unattractive part, where most sidekicks wouldn't get any *action* at all, he STILL ends up sleeping with someone. Some random peasant girl... LOLOLOL! Can't be a movie without the action!!! Too hot for that!

And then just recently I have been delighted by the drunk Diver Dan Clip. How delightful.
Sw :idea: :idea: 8) 8) :!: :!: nnnnn *melt* for teh David.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:46 am

A quick Saturday "Hi" to everyone; recitals, car crashes, papers, exams, illness, may you all survive them to swoon evermore.

Amazon delivered "Molokai" yesterday, and tonight I'm going to watch it. I'll report my impressions on Monday.

Sw 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ning at the thought of frisky young Faramirs--one for every swooner!

(For some reason, my frisky Faramir keeps looking like a gorgeous, blue-eyed unicorn, gently nibbling sugar from my hand)
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:57 am

Happy Saturday, all!

Found this little David article this morning-kinda short, but with a nice (though small) pic of David:

http://www.abc.net.au/perth/stories/s1346733.htm

Glad you like the story, Dl!! :D Thanks so much for the kind words! Now if Faz will only forgive me for all I'm putting him through...

Phaz, happy to hear you had fun during 'David Day'! He's very good in VH, isn't he? Hope they make a sequel, I think they could really improve on the storyline if they tried again. And yes, David in masquerade gear would be great!!

MoH, good for you for getting 'Molokai'! I want to see that one, too-sounds like a role David could really shine in, though of course he shines in everything he does! Looking forward to hearing your report!

Love your image of Frisky Faramir, too!! :) My Frisky Faramir looks just like he does in the movies, except he's bounding across the sun-kissed meadows like an antelope. There's a 'Wild Kingdom' moment for you! "Faramirs In the Wild-Nature at Her Swooniest".

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir!!

SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:11 am

Hello again---

Here's someone who most definitely didn't like $3.

Sydney "Daily Telegraph," April 16, byline Anita Quigley:

"Pass on three bucks. Life is no dress rehearsal and that's why it hurts even more when you realize you have wasted some of it. I lost 90 minutes of my life this week that I'm never going to get back--watching the new film Three dollars, starring David Wenham. I walked out before it had finished--the first time I have walked out on a film in my life. So, too, did my friend, Watching a Jean-Claude Van Damme action flick now seems more appealing. The main problem with this depressing film, based on the Elliot Perlman book, is what it is about: a man battling to keep his head above water and pay this mortgage. I'm sorry but my life is surrounded by people like that--I don't need to pay $14 to see it on the big screen. I live it."

I have a sinking feeling that $3 is going to be one of those films that the critics love but that the general public shuns, because an awful lot of people want movies to be a feel good, escape experience. I oughta know; I feel pretty much the same way, which is why I've put off getting "Molokai" until now.

[/b]LSteff[b], good luck with the move!

Sw :) :) :) :) n for DW in all roles.

(Edited for a missed date and those pesky bolds)
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:47 pm

Ah, well although people disagree with the film, I'm sure David's acting in it was wonderful. Hopefully she didn't complain of that aspect. ^_^
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby sh_wulff » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:36 pm

here is a $3 review by a very good movie reviewer

here is the trancript:
so not every-one agrees

[/Date Reviewed: 15/04/2005

Reviewer
Julie Rigg

Classification
M In Three Dollars David Wenham takes on the toughest role of his career -- playing a good man, an ordinary bloke called Eddie, with a wife, a child, and mortgage, who winds up one day with no job and three dollars in his pocket.

In some of Hitchcock’s greatest films, the hero struggles with a fear of falling. Think of Jimmy Stewart swooning in the bell tower in Vertigo, or Cary Grant dangling from the giant granite nose of George Washington on Mount Rushmore in North by Northwest.

The late Ray Durgnat, a Yorkshire critic who understood better than anybody the anxieties behind the lace curtained respectability of the world Hitchcock had sprung from, once suggested that this fear of falling was a metaphor for the anxieties his parents had instilled in him. Step outside the class role you have been assigned and disgrace and oblivion follow.

The fear of falling, of dropping right off the inspirational ladder and landing in the gutter, has begun to crop up in more than one Australian film of late. It was there in Alkimos Tsilimdos's film Tom White, in which Colin Freils' architect has a breakdown at work and winds up living on the streets.

And it’s there in Three Dollars. David Wenham’s Eddie is a chemical engineer with a public service job, a wife, Tanya, who’s a rather volatile academic, a six-year-old daughter and a sardonic sense of humour with which he keeps at bay the more idiotic vicissitudes of his work and family life. He’s an middle class man trying to stay afloat while his boss puts pressure on him at work, and his wife’s best friend leaves her husband, and moves into his house to sort herself out, and begins to cry on his shoulder.

Eddie’s inner life is haunted by memories of his childhood first love, Amanda, whose parents forbad her to play with him, and moved away to a glossier suburb when her father began to make good money. And of his own parents, clinging to the meagre material fringes of life.

Amanda the golden princess appears intermittently in Eddie’s life to remind him of the social gulf between them. And Tanya, a much feistier real love, is having her own struggle to finish her thesis and hang on to her tutoring job. Then their beloved daughter gets ill. And Eddie is asked to sign off on an environmental clean bill of health for a big development deal.

One of the joys of Robert Connolly’s new film is the warmth and delicacy with which it deals with family life: the marital jokes, the bedtime musings, the sudden rush of delight watching a child interpret the world.

When American films speak of 'family values' these days we know we are in for quite a bit of breast-beating, or worse: a parent using a threat to a child to justify any kind of lurid vigilante action. The world outside is a hostile place.

This film creates a beguiling domestic mood. When Eddie’s household starts to come unstuck, those moments with their daughter, the memories of Tanya taking on the world as an undergraduate – 'well why shouldn’t a woman play Hamlet?' – are what keep him on track.

Frances O’Connor as Tanya and the stunning child actor Joanna Hunt-Prokovnik as their daughter Abby make this one of the richest and most credible glimpses of family life we’ve seen onscreen for a long time.

But the world outside is, if not a hostile place, then an increasingly slippery one. Self-interest is the only acceptable motivation. The challenge for the film is to hold our attention as the mood darkens, and the kinds of pressures with which Australians now wrestle: downsizing, political expediency, mortgage payments, the various ways that economic rationalism impinge on us all. There comes a time when Eddie’s two main defences: a sardonic sense of humour, and a stubborn, even perverse, sense of kindness, will no longer hold them all at bay.

Three Dollars Robert Connolly’s second feature film as a director. As a producer, he made The Boy with David Wenham. Then he wrote and directed The Bank, a caper film about a computer genius who tries to use the greed of the operators of a big banking corporation to exact revenge. Different genre, similar themes.

This film, adapted from Elliot Perlman’s novel, is an altogether more modest film, and a surer one. Watching it, I was surprised to find myself laughing with Eddie’s sardonic take on the world. And on the way home on the bus, still captured by the memory of a family huddled together on the sofa in the dawn, I was just as surprised to find myself having a little weep. ]

not all Aussies like umm.. whover it wes mentioned on the prev interview

De_l.. I'll e-mail you the full size piccie then you can peruse it yourself ( outside TOS otherwise)

now back to my drama in which Eowyn encounters a newly Bare Faramir.....

Eowyn: AAAAAAAARGH :x :x :x

Faramir: OOOOOOOOOOHHH :oops: :oops: :oops:

Eowyn (shrilly) : What have you done?? :shock:

Faramir: (looking at the floor) errrr.. I meant to surprise you :|

Eowyn (drily) : Ayr you have, my lord and how !!!!

Faramir (backing away): Umm I need to go now..

EOwyn ( approaching with her hand) on the other hand... this smooth skin has certain er tactile qualities :twisted:

Faramir flees even though his wife has a look in her eye that she recognizes very welll....

within the TOs... and next.. well we'll see

thanks all for the good wishes.. and now over to scriptorium
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:54 pm

*startled by strange post* HAHAH! Weird but amusing! And lovely interview.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:15 pm

*shyly pokes head in*

Ummm... hi. :blush:

Sorry for my long absence... can't believe I missed two or three whole threads. RL's been grinding me into the ground lately, as I'm sure Wimsie has told you. And, truthfully, I wasn't feeling very swoony at all for quite some time, though I won't go into why. Anyway, hoping I can start getting back to being a Fazgul now, and that I can actually contribute something to this soap because it sounds funny. And to everyone who's passed along messages via Wimsie, thanks. :)

venturing a tiny sw :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: n for my favorite Ranger...
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:51 pm

shieldmaidenofrohan wrote:*shyly pokes head in*

Sorry for my long absence... can't believe I missed two or three whole threads. RL's been grinding me into the ground lately, as I'm sure Wimsie has told you. And, truthfully, I wasn't feeling very swoony at all for quite some time, though I won't go into why. Anyway, hoping I can start getting back to being a Fazgul now, and that I can actually contribute something to this soap because it sounds funny. And to everyone who's passed along messages via Wimsie, thanks. :)

Good to seeya back here! Sorry you haven't felt up to snuff. Email me about that (if you want) and something else I wanna discuss with you....

RAKSHA 8) , swooooooooooning for both wild and domesticated Faramirs!
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:10 pm

shieldmaidenofrohan wrote:*shyly pokes head in*

Do you need visual David material to spark the fire once more? :oops:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby Lhaewin » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:56 pm

Welcome back, SMOR. :) I can understand you very well, we can´t be up to swooning all the time. I hope everything is fine for you now. :grouphug:

Sh_Wulff, sorry to hear about the car crash, but obviously you haven´t lost your creativity over the hassle. I like your sequel in our soap/sit com. :lol:

Thanks to everyone for the articles and reviews. Unfortunately my screen-time is limited, so I had to go through them quickly and might have missed something.

I want to remind you that it is Faramir´s big brother´s birthday today. Maybe some of you want to pop into the other thread to drop a word or too? :)
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby nemirreth » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:52 am

Hi all!!
hope you are all safetly tucked in the arms of your beloved Daisy/Faz (dont mind me, I'm on a wierd one today!!)

hey; SW hope you are recovered from your accident; even little ones can give a nasty shake up.. I like your Faz/Eowyn scenario!...

lovely to see these reviews, and obviously the negative one is someone who regards Airplane 2 as the height of their viewing experience...

Phaz, sounds like you had a great time!! I'm waiting with eager anticipation for the Murray Whelen dvd to arrive soon! :P

thanks for the new thread Lhaewin; is there any chance we could bung all the stuff done so far in one place for easy ref; rather than having to trawl through the old thread for it ? I'm fine to spend 30 mins cutting and pasting if I had somewhere to put it :wink:

Your frisky Faramirs and PoI's WW fanfic inspired this

Oh, give me a home where the Faramirs roam
Where the Joshs and the Eddies do play
Where seldom is heard a non-swooning word
And the skies are not cloudy all day
Home, home with our Faz
Where the Murrays and the Diver Dans do play
Where seldom is heard a non-drooling word
And the skies are not cloudy all day
nemirreth
Citizen of Imladris

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:20 pm

Quick drive by for me today.....had a really bad weekend and I'm curled up in foetal position hiding.

Apologies if this has been seen before but it's new to me, though obviously not an especially new pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/ ... ceprof.jpg
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby Lhaewin » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:11 pm

POI, I hope things will look up for you soon. :hug:

Thank you for the cute picture! I like this very special smile. :D

Nem, I like the poem. :)

PFaz, are you still sick?

It is so quiet here today. I hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:51 pm

Hi, SmoR!! Great to see you again!! How'd the recital go? Has it happened yet?

PoI, hope you feel better soon!! :hug: Love the pic, he looks great there!

Love the poem, Nem!! GMTA! :D

Sh_wulff, love the continuation of the story! :lol:

Sunday evening SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir!!

SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:08 am

http://www.livejournal.com/community/we ... tml#cutid1

Read about this lucky girl - and the hair seems to have recovered.

Wulffie, you obviously got him when he was really tired and feeling like a ragbag - it's nice to know that photos aren't totally off limits.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:10 am

http://www.livejournal.com/community/we ... tml#cutid1

Read about this lucky girl - and the hair seems to have recovered.

Wulffie, you obviously got him when he was really tired and feeling like a ragbag - it's nice to know that photos aren't totally off limits.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:40 am

thaks for the piccies and info POI

and hope you are feeling better too

maybe he only allows photos at premieres

I got feedback from one of the Japanese fans I met that he also came out the main entrance bearing gifts given to him but refused to even let his frien take a photo

I can understand his wishing tto keep some privacy..imagine flashes popping in yopur face all day

will continue tha "bare DFaramir " serial when less fevericsh

I hab a nafdy gold

oh sw00n for he that has a lovely amount of chest hair

( even though I did remove it for arts saake)
sniffle
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby whereismysam » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:40 am

Lovely new thread!

Smor!!!!!!!! *pounces* So glad you made it back!!! :D:D:D

Can't wait to see what Houses of Hurin/Wiki brings today!!!

Sw :horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse: n and run!! Back to work!

PS--Total HDTOLing over "Where the Faramirs roam"! How wonderful! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:04 am

Hello everyone.

Driving by b/c I'm still sick. Am breaking down and going to the doctor today to see if I can get something b/c I cant stand it anymore...

PoI - uncurl from that fetal position

Shwulff - sorry to hear about your car.

Welcome back to smor

hello to everyone else and thanks for links and stuff.
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Molokai

Postby meaningofhaste » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:17 am

I viewed and reviewed "Molokai" over the weekend. It's a touching film, told in a straightforward, unornamented way. Beautiful scenery and some nice cinematographic and script touches. The introduction, where the "ruling class" is discussing lepers and showing tremendous ignorance and prejudice, is really shocking, as is the scene where a physician examines a young woman suspected of having leprosy. Sam Neill, Leo McKern, Derek Jacobi, et al, were all excellent in their roles.

DWs acting is excellent, and the Belgian accent sounded fine to me. It's not a swooning role, obviously, although just to show you how shallow I can be, I thought that in some scenes the long black cassock was rather becoming to DW's slim figure. Oh, and Kate Agnew as one of the nuns looked absolutely beautiful.

A loyal sw :| :| :| :| :| for DW is full beard, cassock and most unbecoming priestly hat.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:16 am

This is the latest from WW and the electric shock look seems to have bitten the dust.

This is gorgeous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/ ... tdprem.jpg

PFaz, hope you'll be feeling yourself again soon.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Fandom Archives