The Daily Faramir/DW Swooning Soap/Sit Com

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby princessFaz » Thu May 05, 2005 5:44 am

Phantasmagoria wrote:pFaz - The exact size of the Picture of a Thousand Hotnesses can be found in the Three Dollars forum... somewheres. ^_^

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thank you!!!
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby whereismysam » Thu May 05, 2005 6:16 am

Good morning all...

Thank you, Queenie...you are such a dear. I'm trying but it's hard. The viewing is going to be on Monday and the funeral is going to be next Tuesday and so, after tomorrow, I might not be on until next Thursday at the earliest (really all depends...I have this strange feeling as though I won't be near a computer either on Thursday...staying sick at home...I picked a bad time to get sick/have allergies go haywire on me).

PoI, I'm doing my duty :) :hug:

sw :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| n for Faramir, whom I'd love to spend some time in the HoH with...

(and I chose that smiley because they have no smiley for sick/sorethroat/ears popping...*blah*)

*Wimsie
:hug::grouphug::hug:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Thu May 05, 2005 3:04 pm

Hi Fazguls -

Tried to post last night but my Browser crashed. So this is just a drive by because I'm not very talkative today. Phaz, I love that picture. POI and some of you, I am being seduced by the notorious KISKIS. It's intriguing but I actively tell myself that the characters are not, in fact, real people, but products of a very talented author's imagination. Otherwise, the premise is libelous. I'll try to send you some comments, POI.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Thu May 05, 2005 4:01 pm

Lady Stef!!! The famous KISKIS!!! I love it!!! Its so ridiculous, but somehow I was seduced.... :shock:
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Thu May 05, 2005 10:49 pm

KISKIS? I have missed something? Does it involve Faramir, champaigne, whimsical narrators and wittily executed anachronisms?
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby nemirreth » Fri May 06, 2005 2:36 am

Hi !! popping in to say sorry havnt been on for a while... I think I have to face up to the fact that i cant keep up with the increasing pace of RL as the summer season kicks in, plus my Plaza cyber commitments... I havnt even had time to lurk so have totally lost track.!! I feel this is the kinda place where I need to be on pretty frequently to keep up with y'all and make a contribution so I'm sorry and thanks for all the laughs and hugs Ive had here, but I'm gonna have to bow out for a while... Some of you may still see me popping my head into WW to keep track of Daisy news, but I havnt even been there for ages either.:cry2:
MoH... his Murrayness is winging his way back to you as we speak...
big :grouphug: to all of you , I'll be in touch by email PoI and Lhaewin , when I can :clap: Swooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon for the lovely Faramir and Daisy
nemirreth
Citizen of Imladris

Postby whereismysam » Fri May 06, 2005 5:50 am

Hi Nem, :hug::hug::hug: 's as RL gets really hectic. I hope you can drop by when you have the chance :)

Here's a drive-by sw :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: n for Daisy as I'm exhausted and have a really busy day ahead of me today :)

:hug: :grouphug: :hug: 's to all the 'Guls...

*Wimsie
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Fri May 06, 2005 6:19 am

Quickly delurkifying...

I was looking in this thread, and Aramel's sig pic caught my eye-- has anyone else seen this?? And if so, where?? :shock:

[/lurk]
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Phantasmagoria » Fri May 06, 2005 6:44 am

Very obviously photoshoped, can't you tell? Ah well it's good enough to be dreamy ^_^
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby princessFaz » Fri May 06, 2005 6:51 am

Was it that obvious?? I fell for it!!! I hope its not photo shopped. :( Thanks Smor!!!

Nem - hope you can keep up with RL and still find time to drop by!! I"m feeling the same way lately, totally overwhelmed...

wims - my sister watched Ladder 49 and said she bawled her eyes out...

KISKIS is really really slashy so best to stay away....I think I like the sequels better b/c they are less slashy and more fun with adventure. Plus you get Faradave and Davimir...

SWOOOOOOON for Faradave!!!
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri May 06, 2005 11:34 am

princessFaz wrote:

KISKIS is really really slashy so best to stay away....I think I like the sequels better b/c they are less slashy and more fun with adventure. Plus you get Faradave and Davimir...

SWOOOOOOON for Faradave!!!

I'm so glad you said that because I thought the second two were far less slashy too so that's confirmed it. Also there is a real ME feel to them. Ghostrider, in particular, is very good I think. Without wanting to give anything away, it's David who ends up on the pyre............ :shock:

Nem - don't go. :( Just stop by for a quick hello/swoon until you have more time.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby TheRedQueen » Fri May 06, 2005 12:56 pm

Had to invigilate a 3-hour Physics exam today which was extremely boring but gave me lots of Daisy thinking time! Inspired by your inspired use of Wenhamsday and Fazday, I’ve named the other days of my week as follows:

Murraysday (first day of work/school so rumpled and disorganized)

(S)Tewardsday (attempting to create some order in the kingdom)

Wenhamsday (a day solely reserved for swooning)

Threedollarsday (usually what I’ve got in my bank account by then)

Faramirs(Faz)day (everyone’s favourite)

Spraguesday (when we all get to be baaaaaaad!)

Cyranosday (when we should be noble and self-sacrificing)

The weekend is here at last – thank Daisy for that! :heart: Have a good one.

Val
TheRedQueen
Shield Bearer

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri May 06, 2005 1:21 pm

RQ/Val - :rofl: Perfect.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri May 06, 2005 1:34 pm

Thats Hilarious!!! I especially like the Murraysday when I'm rumpled... :)
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby whereismysam » Fri May 06, 2005 2:18 pm

Queenie, that was great!

One last Sw :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| n before I go for the weekend. I don't know if I'll be on TORC between now and next Thursday, so this is going to be one big swoon as I have a long time before I can get on and do it again....

Saw :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: n for Faramir/Dave/Daisy/Josh/Luke/Murray/Carl/and his many other incantations!!!

I will miss the Fazguls!

And don't forget to vote for him while I'm gone!! :D:D

*Wimsie
:hug::grouphug::hug:
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Fri May 06, 2005 3:04 pm

Hi, all!! :waves:

Nem, hope RL calms down for you soon and you get a chance to come by! :hug:

SMOR, thanks for posting about that picture!! Very interesting! I like it, even though, alas, I do think it's Photoshopped. Until we get something official, it'll work for me! Eowyn and Faramir's wedding could very well have looked like that! And thanks so much for mentioning me in the thread-I'm very flattered!! :hug:

Sending lots of good thoughts your way, Wimsie :hug:

RQ, love it! :lol:

Gearing up for tomorrow, which is the one-year anniversary of the release of Van Helsing so it's going to be Carl Day for me, and anyone else who wants to join me! :D

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir!!

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Fri May 06, 2005 4:15 pm

Thanks for the link, SMOR. What fun to see that two of our Fazguls are mentioned as favorite authors on TORC. Hooray. And as far as the "wedding" photo goes, it's a PhotoShop chop, for sure.

Regarding KISKIS and Grey Mist's endeavors, I feel like I've really gone over to dark side, as I have confessed to POI. And yet it seems that many of you have been there already.

Fazguls, if you want to read KISKIS, first be over 18 and then know in advance what you are in for. I did take PFaz's suggestion and skipped some of the more, ahem, &*(& parts. Frankly, I found the graphic situations seemed implausible. You could interchange either of the Ms with an F and it would seem way more realistic. Sorry, mods, please edit the last few sentences out if you feel they are innappropriate.

What is compelling about KISKIS is the premise that a Satanic Cult (and maybe more) haunts New Zealand while LOTR is being filmed and some of the actors are victims. Get rid of 90 percent of the m/m and you still have a riveting horror story. I gotta stop reading it and get back to writing my own stuff.

Love to you all,
-L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Fri May 06, 2005 4:24 pm

I'm lost! Where is KISKIS and what exactly is it?!

And I think Physics and Daisy go together... because I get the strongest urge to daydream about Daisy in that class...
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri May 06, 2005 4:24 pm

LadyStefania wrote:Thanks for the link, SMOR. What fun to see that two of our Fazguls are mentioned as favorite authors on TORC. Hooray. And as far as the "wedding" photo goes, it's a PhotoShop chop, for sure.

Regarding KISKIS and Grey Mist's endeavors, I feel like I've really gone over to dark side, as I have confessed to POI. And yet it seems that many of you have been there already.

Fazguls, if you want to read KISKIS, first be over 18 and then know in advance what you are in for. I did take PFaz's suggestion and skipped some of the more, ahem, &*(& parts. Frankly, I found the graphic situations seemed implausible. You could interchange either of the Ms with an F and it would seem way more realistic. Sorry, mods, please edit the last few sentences out if you feel they are innappropriate.

What is compelling about KISKIS is the premise that a Satanic Cult (and maybe more) haunts New Zealand while LOTR is being filmed and some of the actors are victims. Get rid of 90 percent of the m/m and you still have a riveting horror story. I gotta stop reading it and get back to writing my own stuff.

Love to you all,
-L.Steff

Stef, did you get to "the bad" chapter yet?

I do hope you will move on to Ghostrider though and won't be put off by the extremely questionable content in the later chapters of KISKIS because that was superb I think, even if I also tended to avoid the more "intimate" moments.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby TheRedQueen » Sat May 07, 2005 12:19 am

Um....just a thought

In case there are younger members lurking on the thread, maybe Greymist, KISKIS, GhostRider et al should be discussed off the thread via e-mail. Curiosity will be aroused.

Or am I being overly-protective and paranoid? :|

Val
TheRedQueen
Shield Bearer

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sat May 07, 2005 12:29 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Um....just a thought

In case there are younger members lurking on the thread, maybe Greymist, KISKIS, GhostRider et al should be discussed off the thread via e-mail. Curiosity will be aroused.

Or am I being overly-protective and paranoid? :|

Val

Not really. It's a valid point. Tho I don't think we have many younger members - I think Phaz might be the youngest at 17. Is anyone younger than that? Apart from me :wink:

Happy Spraguesday.

That reminds me - where I work in A&E, we've had two Wenhams and a Sprague in.....
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Sat May 07, 2005 7:19 am

VAL/Red Queen,

Thanks for the computer advice, but I figured it out myself!! I'm so proud, because like you, I'm too embarassed to ask for help at work with Faz stuff. Not even my own family knows the depths of my obesession.

Nem, Thanks for letting my know about Murray. Please try to hang on/around for the occasional drive-by.

From the May 7 edition of the Courier-Mail: "The Proposition" will be released in Australia October 6. And, some of the folks who turn up at the ticket office to see "Three Dollars" are under the impression that the tickets cost $3, are are quite indignant when told otherwise.

Now for a quick "Lost/Exile Faramir" entry:

Faramir sank lower in the chill water. Darkness had fallen, and he'd lost all sense of time, but his body was numb and his mind was drifting toward unconsciousness. Suddenly his mother was beside him, her long copper mane rippling with the speed of her movement. They were galloping over a grassy causeway, studded with tiny white flowers. On either side great waves rolled sullenly back and ahead was a glowing golden mist centered with a brilliant core of light.

"We're almost home," his mother cried, and they increased their pace as fingers of light reached toward them. Faramir was filled with a wild rush of anticipation--here were the answers at last. . . .

Hands held him, and large bodies closed around him, hoves trampling and metal clinking. "What have we caught?" asked a deep voice with a hint of amusement. "This one seems a little young to be out on his own."

Now, off to MOM to vote for Faramir.

S :) :) :) :) :) :) n for the next Man of the Month!
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Sat May 07, 2005 7:28 am

Morning, all!

In honor of the one-year anniversary of the release of Van Helsing and the introduction of the screen's cutest cursing friar-Happy Carl Day! :)

MoH, poor Faramir!! Very nice bit-looking forward to more! And that's wild about people thinking the ticket prices for Three Dollars is $3...but then, these might be the same people who saw Kenneth Brannaugh's(sp?) Henry V and complained about all the sequels Hollywood was doing lately... :)

I passed 17...let's see...24 years ago! :D

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir/ Carl, who's a friar and can do whatever he wants, ****it! :D

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Sat May 07, 2005 11:57 am

He everyone!!

Great new update, MOH on the Faramir centaur story. Altho i thought for a minute it was a Black Beauty thing with him dreaming of his mom...

Lady Stef - you are right, if they would remove the slash, the story almost stands on its own. The sequels arent nearly as slashy and I like them better....Maybe someone could edit it for Phaz.... :)

SueB - good idea for Carl day!!! That was so fun last year to go see it on opening day!!! I love it!!

Hello to everyone else!!!
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sat May 07, 2005 12:06 pm

SueB wrote:.but then, these might be the same people who saw Kenneth Brannaugh's(sp?) Henry V and complained about all the sequels Hollywood was doing lately... :)

Don't forget The Madness of King George, which was actually supposed to be The Madness of King George III but they had to drop the III so that people wouldn't be confused.

MoH - thank you for more exiled Fazzie goodness.

Happy Carliversary to all.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sat May 07, 2005 2:31 pm

True, though I am surrounded by a shockingly obscene generation everyday, I do stay away from slash. Eh, if you wanna edit it for people like me, that would be cool. ^_^

swo0o0on for the faramir.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sun May 08, 2005 5:00 am

I jusr bought TORN's More People's Guide to JRR Tolkien. This bit amused me.

There's a beautifully played scene between David Wenham and John Noble as Faramir asks him, "Do you wish that I had died instead of Boromor?" and Denethor replies, "Yes I do wish that." And Faramir volunteers for a suicide mission. As he's riding out of Minas Tirith in front of the assembled crowd, Gandalf asks him to change his mind, for his father loves him "and will remember it before the end." This irks me - the absolutely stupidest time to get somebody to change their mind by announcing their personal situation is when they're actively leading a group who is sworn to follow them and are in front of a large crowd who also has come to see them carry out their duty. Faramir's not likely to stop, say "Oh, you're right" and order everyone home.

Well it amused me, but I reckon they're using a bit of poetic licence themselves there.

Apart from the fact they haven't quoted the dialogue correctly, why shouldn't Gandalf have tried to prevent such a senseless mission rather than just allow all those men to ride to their deaths? The way I see it, Gandalf saw the futility and had one last attempt to stop it happening. He added the bit about Denethor loving him after it was apparent that Faramir was going to continue - maybe as a consolation, as a thought to carry with him.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sun May 08, 2005 9:06 am

Yeah, poi, they didn't catch that part apparently. And in effect of telling this in front of all those men who "swore to follow", he would be saving all of their lives. [/b]
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby TheRedQueen » Sun May 08, 2005 9:18 am

What in the name of Faramir is going on??

We’ve just had a magnificent shower of hail which is unheard of in May because it’s supposed to be mid-summer. I went out onto the balcony to watch and found that all the neighbours were out on their balconies doing the same thing. It turned into quite a party, with everybody calling across to each other: ‘¡Hola!’ ‘¡Hola!’ ‘¿Come estas?’ ‘¿Bien, bien. Y tu?’ There was quite a festive air. But hail in May is worrying. Is it some kind of omen? What’ll be next – a plague of locusts? :shock: :(

I’m testing out the quotes thingy today (and promise not to use it excessively after this), so can you bear with me.

princessFaz wrote:Lady Stef - you are right, if they would remove the slash, the story almost stands on its own. The sequels arent nearly as slashy and I like them better....Maybe someone could edit it for Phaz....

Great idea to edit the slash for Phaz – wouldn’t have thought of that. It would be a shame for her to miss out on the stories, particularly GhostRider which is my fave and has such wonderful authentic detail.

PrincessOfIthilien wrote:I think Phaz might be the youngest at 17. Is anyone younger than that? Apart from me.

:rofl: Love it! Ah, how I wish I could go back to being 17 again (but with the proviso that I could retain all my hard-won knowledge)

MOH – well done on figuring out the cut/paste. Everything is possible; it just takes time and confidence. Didn’t realize the exiled Faramir was a centaur – that creates a very interesting visual image. So sad, that bit about his mother. Hope the owner of the deep voice isn’t going to do nasty things to him… And hope you’re enjoying your vacation.

SueB – thanks for the reminder about Carl Day. Watched a little bit in his honour – to be specific, the part where he rescues the village woman and claims his reward. Naughty Carl. :wink:

Hey, funny coincidence happened to me on Friday night – I was at a dinner party and met a Czech guy who was from Karlsbad. Gettit? Karls-bad. I nearly choked on my fajita when he said it. Turns out that Karlsbad is famous for its hot springs and I now know all about the medicinal properties of spa water. Yaaaaaawn. :zzz: I was quite thankful when they did that ‘everybody now change seats’ thing with the coffee…

In honour of Carl, I’m going to attempt to post a pic (MOH – hold my hand!). It’s one of my faves from the Van Helsing premiere, and I think he just looks so, so lovely in it. I know this is generally not a favourite haircut, but in light of the $3 premiere sticky-up look, we might all be revising our opinion. Here goes:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/The_Red_Queen/VanHelsingpremiere.jpg

Sw :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: n for David who looks so pretty at premieres.

Well, since this is Cyranosday and I have to be noble and self-sacrificing, I’m taking the Red Queen shopping. I try to take her once a month if I can, because she’s always quiet and well-behaved for at least a week afterwards. She does so love the mall. Last time, she bought a Clannad CD, a book on tapestry weaving in the 12th century, a bright red bandana, an electric toothbrush (as an April Fool’s joke for the toothless soothsayer), and a pack of Tarot cards.

Wish me luck!

Val

PS - POI - what is Torn's More People's Guide to J R R Tolkien? It sounds like fun, if inaccurate in bits! I agree with you. Gandalf loved Faramir who had been his pupil for so long, and perhaps like a son. He knew the ugly family history, and the way that Denethor manipulated his sons, and I think he spoke out of his love for Faramir because he knew that he couldn't change his mind. :(
TheRedQueen
Shield Bearer

Postby princessFaz » Sun May 08, 2005 9:19 am

PoI - yes, why shouldnt Gandalf try to stop it? And I like the bit about Denethor loving him, to make him feel better. I think the person who wrote that in the book needs to understand that this is a movie and they have to throw certain things together to save time...Is the book any good or is it a bunch of torn people being puristy??? :)

Yes, where are the Madness of King George II and I..? :wink:

Happy Mothers Day to any torc moms out there!!! :)

Edit - Val I posted the same time as you! Love the VH picture you linked to. :shock: I have to admit that I think David looked super good that night and I love his hair!!! Hail in May....we get hail all summer so it doesnt seem that weird to me. :wink: Then did it pour rain???
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives