Calling all Drew Baylor/Orlando Bloom fanciers: Swoon here!

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Calling all Drew Baylor/Orlando Bloom fanciers: Swoon here!

Postby NimrodelSong » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:38 pm

Regular Swooners:

TheRingPrincess (Ring)
Inwe-Taralom
Aurelin
Donisiliel (Doni)
Eowyn37 (Wyny)
wandering_dryad
lady_of_legolas
NimrodelSong (Nim)
donnamarie
bloomgirl06
ladyofrohirrim
1eowynfanshieldmaiden
Luthriel_Greenleaf (A.K.A. "Luthy") :)
Legolas_Ringelf
Qalmatari
Aiediel
Taurloth
lady*of*rohan (A.K.A. "Rohy") :)
Elf_Lady2001
None_Elf_Ear
Celebthoron28
anuhealani (Anu)
Maranwe-Ar-Feiniel
IthilienRangerette
PatriotBlade
Lady_Larien (Lari)
Laiquendi_eire (Lai)

Everyone feel free to swoon to your heart's content! Let us know if you want to be added to the list! :heart:

I hope you all don't mind my going ahead and starting the new thread! :blush:

Aurelin, I liked the Chibi Legolas and Will Turner the best! :D Thanks for showing them!
And yes, the test showing me to be the 3rd most like Samwise, I did take as a compliment. :)

bloomgirl, I did see a pic of Pete a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe how different he looked! At least as far as his losing weight goes, I say "good on 'em!" :D :clap:

~Nim~
Last edited by NimrodelSong on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:04 pm

I wanted to start this, bummer.

Hey Nim
P.S. would you add Luthy as a nick name to my name?
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:03 pm

Luthy, I'm sorry. I didn't know that you wanted to start the thread. :( But the end of the thread was winding down fast and then the mod stepped in... :whistle: and no one had said anything at that point, so...
You're welcome to start the next one if you'd like! :)

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:28 pm

Nim Don't worry about it!! :)

Tisk tisk, the others are late. :(

Luthie
Luthy
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:50 am

*arrives in a great heap of posters, swoony-cushions and chocolate and vanilla icecream (;))*
Well, I'm here!

Thank you for starting the new thread, Nim! Sure, Luthy, you can be the next one to open it.

I have not seen the "new PJ". Wow, it is hardly ever we saw him without glasses, so I guess it will take some getting used to. As to the weight-loss - Nim said it!

Bloomgirl, I have not heard of Gavin De-what-was-it. How are you liking HP? I did read it in one day, I have to say the end was not that surprising, I was expecting it really. Oh, and did you notice the abundance of LOTR hints?
:clap: for high-speed internet! :D

SW :love::drink::horse::love::drink::horse::love::drink::horse: NNN!!! for the new thread and most importantly, the reason we have the thread!

Oh, have you seen the artwork pic of Davy Jones?:Q Very very coolly creepy (or creepily cool, as you will!)! =:)

:roll: Aurelin :roll:
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:29 pm

I saw the new PJ I didn't even think it was him!!!

I haven't gotten to read the new HP book :(
Nim Thank you for adding the nickname.

Luthy
Luthie
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby bloomgirl06 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:38 pm

I wasn't particularly fond of the ending of the book. It was a bit wierd. I'm not sure I liked this book as much as the others. I guess I'll just have to read it again to make sure! ;) I actually didn't notice the LOTR hints, Aurelin. :? Please explain!

Thank you for the lovely thread Nim! :hug:

Since I got hight speed internet, I've been watching all the video downloads over at OL. It's so exciting! I also watched trailers for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, King Kong and The Island. They all look good. I'm going to see Charlie sometime next week. :happydance:

SW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) N for Orlando!

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Taurloth » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:06 am

Hello and hugs, dearest Legolasses!!! :grouphug:

I am back from the game! And it was truly great! I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I have been missing you, mellyn! :grouphug:

Thanks to everybody for the kind words :) And I am so glad you liked the dress! It became a very authentic peasant dress during the game, but I washed it and now it's clean again (there was lots of ash on it and dirt ;) )
Aurelin, you were right, there are four gores on this dress.

The game was real fun, I loved it! (A reminder: it was about medieval England, war of the roses, 1460). I was a peasant in the village near York. I sold flowers in town and generally had a great time ;) There was an interesting moment when a Hanse merchant bought a basket of flowers from me and asked me (for an additional 4 pence ;) ) to take it to the daughter of our baron! They had a real lift-bridge at the baronage. And my 'mother' and 'cousin' also played flute for the baron's family and I danced jig.

We had a rebellion in York, witch-burning and many other cool things. There were a lot of barons and the local sherif who wanted to claim our village as their own, but we got our Baron Hacksby (from the baronage with the lift-bridge), who was a great baron. (the most popular phrase among the peasants was 'Hail the baron!' LOL). Eventually our village elder and tavern master were made squires by our baron for their help in defeating the baron's enemies during the rebellion (they were great archers).

There were lots of fun and interesting moments and I am very glad that I went to this game.

And I even have one picture (as of yet) from the parade before the game: HERE
I am in my green dress with a basket of flowers, our village elder is sitting wearing a red shirt and the tavern master wearing a blue shirt. Picture taken by our 'village priest' father Goodluck (real name of the 15th century), he was super-cool!

Now I am going to catch up on the thread.

Nim, I love your sig! Legolas and Aragorn!!!!! :love: That's just perfect!

Lari, I took the quiz you lnked some time ago and I am GALADRIEL with 77 % and then legolas with 73%. :)

Did our PJ really change that much?! Can anybody show me a pic please? I am very curious!!!

Sorry to say ladies, but I'll be leaving you again tomorrow. I am going to the seaside with my cousin (real cousin he he :lol: ). I'll be back on July 30.

SW :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :love: :love: :love: :love: N for the love of my life, Legolas, prince of Mirkwood!

:grouphug: to all!

Taurloth
of Mirkwood
a.k.a. Frid of Silent Hills ;)
Taurloth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aurelin » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:34 pm

Welcome back, Frid of Silent Hills :D!!
It does sound like you had a ball! So, when you were a character living by York, was your village on the White or Red Roses side? (I'm a Yorkist myself!)
Well, the fact that the dress got dirty only shows how authentic and played with heart the game was. Nice costumes, you all had! Have a fun, sunny and warm water time!

Bloomgirl, well the LOTR reminiscences that come to mind first in HP6 are the Moria-like door ("mellon" replaced by the blood), the undergrown lake with the Inferi and the isle in the middle - a mix of Dead Marches and Gollum's isle under the Misty Mountains, and of course the let's-kill-the-mentor move.
No Sirius - for me it means a lot less engaging book. I guess it was a good one overall but I am not very very very hyper about it myself.

"Charlie and..." opens here on the 12th August, so I shall be at the theatre then for sure. Speaking of it, I went to see Hitchhikers yesterday (but no E-own trailer yet! :'().

SW 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) NNNN!!! for Legolas on all the new and gorgeous sig pics! :heart:

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:52 pm

bloomgirl I love your pic :love: I'm going to see Charlie tomorrow!!

Right now I'm on my two hour break, so by.

Luthie
Luthy
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Postby telcontarian » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:09 am

Sorry, I just have to stop by and post on anything that has Orlando/Legolas' name in it! Has Elizabethan Town been released in the US yet? It hasn't been released in the UK, and films are always released in America before they are released in the UK!

-*-Tari-*-
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:27 am

Tari Don't feel like that. You should feel bad that the movie was filmed in the state that I live in. :wink: Sometimes I'm really jealous of you guys, you guys get cooler movies and ones that we never get to see. Was Calcium (Sp?) Kid released there?

I hurt my wrist again, so I am wear the stupid brace again. Push ups are going to be harder. (We have to do all three of the main push ups and crunches and side crunches where you lay on your sides and pull your self up with the stomach muscles on your sides, whatever those are called.) This is for marching band.

Luthy
Luthie
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Hey!

Postby telcontarian » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:33 am

Luthie: Elizabethan Town was filmed in the state you live in? How cool is that?! I get the feeling, however, that you are not to-altogether enamoured about Elizabethan Town being filmed near you. Did you get a glimpse of Orli? Yes, Calcium Kid was released here. I thought that it was released in the US! Oops. Well, it wasn't actually very good, but Orli did have his top off an awful lot! :shock: He looks better in Kingdom of Heaven, though. To see Orlando half-naked was the only reason I went to see the movie in the first place! Oh, your poor wrist! :hug:

-*-Tari-*-
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby NimrodelSong » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:11 am

Hello Tari - :grouphug:

Yes, Elizabethtown was filmed in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, as well as many other places in the U.S. I believe that the release date for the film here in the U.S. is October 14. :)

Luthy, I'm sorry about your wrist! :hug:

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Hey!

Postby telcontarian » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:01 pm

NimrodelSong: Ah! Thanks for correcting me! I wonder where I got the -an from... Oh! October 14th! I didn't realise that it was as late... Ah well. *contents herself with Troy*

-*-Tari-*-
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Aurelin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:24 pm

Hello, Tari! Well, Estonia gets most movies a lot later than either US or UK, so.... It gets really frustrating when you are looking forward very anxiously for some movie (like say a little something called LOTR! :roll:).

Push ups for marching band! :Q I did not ever imagine that such training wne "with the job". :hug: May your wrist heal as quickly as the Elves' does! (which I assume is somewhat faster than those of Men).

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Aurelin

Postby telcontarian » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:28 pm

No fair, lol. Cute pic! Sorry, very quick message 'cause I g2g. Speak to you properly later. Take care!

-*-Tari-*-
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby bloomgirl06 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:09 pm

Now that you mention those, Aurelin, they make a lot of sense! I never realized that before because I tend not to think of anything else when I read Harry Potter.

Hi Tari! Nice to meet you. :D

I was reading Entertainment Weekly a few days ago and the had a small piece on possible Oscar contenders (none of the movies mentioned are even released yet, and the Oscar's aren't until March 5), and Elizabethtown was one of them!

Could be a contender... if writer-director Cameron Crowe (Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous) is able to concoct yet another whimsical look at complicated contemporary courtship. Unless... the romance veers too far into schmaltz even for the Academy. (Oct. 14)

Some of the other movies mentioned were Brokeback Mountain, The New World, Cinderella Man and Memoirs of a Geisha. I don't really know much about any of them, though.

I'm sorry about your wrist, Luthy! I've never hurt my wrist, but I've hurt my ankle three times and had to use crutches twice! :roll:

I'm glad you had fun Taurloth! And thanks for sharing the picture. :)

Hi Nim! Thank you!!! :hug: :wink:

SW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) N for Orlando!

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Laiquendi_eire » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:11 pm

Greetings fellow Swoonettes !! :)

Oh my God ! all these new delicious sig pics ! swoon over-load !!

Taurloth- Your dress looks amazing, it's a great colour on you , glad you had a great time ! if you want to see a pic of PJ there's one at;
http://www.kongisking.net
you should see a new slimmed down Peter.

Aurelin- Hi there ! that pic is so cute it should be illegal ! so you haven't seen the E-Town trailer yet either, there's a conspiracy out there, have you seen Viggo's new trailer yet ? Posted chp.2 of my Legolas story, punctuation has gone crazy !?? question marks everywhere ?? don't forget to post your doggie pics !

Tari- Hi ! I have to agree Calcium Kid wasn't the deepest film ever made but who cares - it's got Orli !! better still it's got a semi-naked Orli :twisted: and it was kind of funny in parts - I thought it was anyway.

Luthie- Lucky you having E-town filmed near by, how exciting !! Hope your wrist is feeling better. Push ups for band ?? I'm stunned !! :shock:
Hope you enjoyed 'Charlie'.

Bloomgirl- Another yummy sig pic, thanks for sharing

Lari- Ok I'm freaking out a bit because got 100% Legolas, which is too weird. Does this test know we are fans or something ! :wink:

Well ladies got to go !
Happy Swooning and remember 'never swoon and drive !'

Lai.
Laiquendi_eire
Citizen of Imladris

Hey!

Postby telcontarian » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:05 am

Bloomgirl06: Hello again! Lol!

Laiquendi_eire: If it's got Orli in it - then that's all that matters to me! :)

-*-tari-*-
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby lady*of*rohan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:14 am

Hey Swooners!

Whats with the sig all of em except for Aurelin has Legolas and Aragon? LOL.

There very nice by the way.

OH hey can ya put Rohy next to my name?

How is everyone I've not been in here in awhile.

huggles
Rohy SW :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: N for Orlando!
lady*of*rohan
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:23 pm

Howdy, Rohy!
I've been fine, thanks for asking! Today was a bit sleepy but now it is almost over and I have 3 days off! :D :happydance:

Tari, thank you, and also Lai! I agree - those chibis Luthy ashed me to put up are just impossibly cutely SW :heart::heart::heart::heart: NNNable!

You are most welcome, Bloomgirl! I guess I am not that big a fan of HP to get so lost to the world. With Sil especially but also LOTR it is different.
I did read something about the Entertianment Weekly Oscar prediction. May Elbereth make it so that whoever wins (and I would not object to E-town) it would not be Cinderella Man! I mean, I will believe it is a good movie, but another Ron Howard-Crowe movie to get Best Picture! :roll:

The question-mark problem plagued me too with one chapter. The next one was luckily ok. When you try to read the question-marked chapter with the full texts of the comments, then the question marks did give way to the correct signs.

Does this test know we are fans or something !

Or perhaps the composer of the test is? :Q ;) :P

I will post now something spoilerish from POTC and the Comic-Con little strip they showed (highlight to read):

Kiki sent in her report on the POTC: Dead Man's Chest behind the scene footage that was shown at the Comic Con. Thanks Kiki. Spoilers ahead!

It starts off with a black screen and then you hear the familiar music from POTC. There's a voice over from none other than Capt Barbossa. I can't remember the exact lines, but it was definitely new dialogue that will most likely be in the film. There's bits of Gore Verbinski and Jerry Bruckheimer talking about how this one is different, darker and how Jack must pay a debt to Davey Jones. There's shots of Capt. Jack walking around a town, running from something or someone and engaged in some swordplay with a few bad guys. A shot of Will's father.
Saw pirates Ragetti and Pintel. There was some of Keira practicing with 2, yes 2 swords. Also a bit of her in her wedding gown looking upset (crying perhaps) and it was raining. A composite drawning was shown of Davey Jones and one of the free goodies was a lithograph of him...I got a couple or 3. Hee Hee!
Now for Will Turner! There was another composite drawing shown of Will fighting the Kraken which was huge! You can compare it to a dog standing next to an elephant, but that Kraken was really big. And then Will was shown engaged in battle with a couple of baddies (pirates I'd say since you couldn't see them just their swords and arms but Orlando was definitely the main focus of the brief bit. He was wearing the leather outfit from the GMA breakfast interview thing he and Keira did. Damn, he looked good...just not enough of him. Gotta wait till they kick off the POTC 2 promos.
POTC 2 comes out on 7/9/06 and POTC 3 is tentatively shceduled for 7/7/07. Filming resumes in August, like the first or second week.
Not much, but it's something. Oh yeah, people were cheering, we females were squeeing and everyone in Hall H seemed to really be looking forward to both movies. I think that's all.

Sounds very fascinating and promising, eh?!

Lai, no Viggo trailer yet either! I saw only Narnia's again and Charlie's. Tomorrow I will go to see KOH for the last time in the theatre but I guess they have the old trailers attached to it (what were those - the Island, Narnia...?).

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:30 pm

:grouphug:

*gasp* All the new sig pics! Stunning and wonderful! :love:

I miss Taurloth and can't wait until she comes back!

bloomgirl, you're welcome hon! :hug:

I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to leave you all with this link if you haven't seen it already:

http://elflady.com/orlandolove/showthread.php?t=5540

That is the link to a clip that Amazon made to celebrate its 10th anniverary - it's a clip of never-before-seen LotR filming footage! The Orlando footage, you won't believe! Behind-the-scenes Legolas! :love: I'm in love all over again! You all simply must see this! :heart:

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Aurelin » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:14 am

I hope weather is better for Taurloth than here, in Estonia where it rained almost all day with varying intensity. I of course caught the worst deluge myself! *looks like a wet cat* Well, I did once I got home and before I got my hair dried off.

Saw the clip and you better believe Nim about the falling for! :roll::love: *swoon-overload*

They mentioned Orlando being elected 3rd most desired bachelor or whatever that poll thing was in US in one of the radios here. That was a first, I think! :D

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Hey hey, it's Tari the Clown!

Postby telcontarian » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:54 am

Aurelin: KoH had lots of Orlando's tummy in it, as did Troy! :D And the battle was amazing, although there was not much more of the film I did like. Chibi Legolas is so darling! :D

NimrodelSong: Now they vids were amazing! Lol. Orlando is nice in them! :heart:

-*-Tari-*-
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby bloomgirl06 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:08 pm

Aurelin, Taurloth, you should be proud of me: I just started reading The Sil! :D Finally! I've had the book for about a year and a half and just now started reading it. :whistle:

What's this test you're all talking about? I must have missed it from the old thread... :?:

Thanks for the spoiler, Aurelin. It didn't seem too spoilerish to me, but that's probably because I don't know anything at all about POTC2 and 3

Tari wrote:Bloomgirl06: Hello again! Lol!

Sorry! I've met so many new people in the last few days, it's hard to tell who I know anymore! And there's so many new people whose names start with T!

:grouphug:

SW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :P :) :) :)N for Orlando!

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Luthriel_Greenleaf » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:12 pm

Hey everyone, the wrist still hurts, maybe I'll cut it off. :twisted: Charlie was interesting (no E-town trailor, but there was a huge poster board of it, my friend might go through with stealing it, I don't think the theatre will catch us :roll: and it wont fit in the car :( . ) Charlie was very different from the old one.

I have to go.

Luthy
Luthriel_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:46 pm

Aurelin, that clip is "something else", isn't it? :heart: It took me several times of watching it to finally understand what Orlando is saying when he's wearing those straps to hold his quiver on (the best Orlando part in the whole clip, IMO :)). He's talking about Viggo feeling "threatened" by the fact that Orlando's bow is bigger. :P :lol: That's so cute. And that accent of his. :love: I could just watch it over and over. Later in the clip Viggo's talking about Orlando's fight moves and how he thought he did a great job. Well, of course! :)

bloomgirl, I'm proud of you for starting the Sil. I haven't even gotten around to buying a copy of the book yet. *dodges rotten tomatoes* :blush: I really do want to read it, though! :angel:
BTW, hon, if you want to take that test to see which LotR character(s) you are the most like, here is the URL:
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=44723

Aurelin wrote:They mentioned Orlando being elected 3rd most desired bachelor or whatever that poll thing was in US

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" :D He's a desired bachelor all right. That's because he's a sweetie. :love:

Well I'd better get back to work now. Plenty of time later tonight to watch that clip again and swoon my socks off. :) :heart:

SW :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: N for behind-the-scenes Legolas!

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby bloomgirl06 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:11 pm

Thanks Nim! I'm 90% Legolas. :D :happydance:

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:48 am

That test must be compiled by a Legolass! :P

:clap: for Bloomgirl. I am so proud of you! Little advice - don't hesitate to write out the names of the Valar and their "fields of action" as well as keep your eye always on the family trees at the back of the book or you will get lost soon. I can promise that the book will be more clear on second read, the 1st blew me away!

Bloomgirl wrote:It didn't seem too spoilerish to me, but that's probably because I don't know anything at all about POTC2 and 3

It was marked as spoilerish on OBM and so I just went with the flow! ;)

Different but was Charlie.. a good movie, Luthy?

Nim wrote:He's talking about Viggo feeling "threatened" by the fact that Orlando's bow is bigger

Yeah, that was :rofl:. (And Aragorn's bow was so :lol: cutely little!)

SW 8) :) 8) :) 8) :) 8) :) 8) :) 8) :) 8) NNN!!! for the pointy eared elven princeling

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Fandom Archives