Calling all Drew Baylor/Orlando Bloom fanciers: Swoon here!

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby Taurloth » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:18 am

Hello! :)

Wow! That four-disc edition sounds cool, Aurelin! Is there so much more music in the film that wasn't on the soundtrack?

Thank you, I have so enjoyed Troy! I love that film, orlando is just so wonderful there. He acts very well! Love him!

Fabulous Orlando! :lol: I remember how crazy I acted in the theatre when I heard that! Not only me, I must say, but my friends too (one of them definately, the other one, I guess, just with us ;) ).

I think I should change my sig too, I just don't know what pic to put up... Must think a bit!

BTW, I have finally worked out what to do with my Norwegian gown. I have finished the skirt, I just need to do the lacing. And I have finished the apron, just need to do the embroidery. I have found a nice reddish colour for the flowers. As to the blouse, I have decided not to make it. I've bought very nice light-green cloth for it, but, I must confess, I like it so much that I want to make a skirt out of it, just to wear every day. I am actually afraid to spoil such good fabric for a blouse, which I am not even sure how to make. And I have no time to make a try-out version from some other fabric... So I'm just going to use a blouse I have, it's light brown, with embroidered flowers, meadievalish looking sleeves and stuff. So I am not going to make a vest either, I have a sort of poncho with a hood, it's square and looks quite Scandinavian. My aunt made it and gave it to me some time ago. So my costume is almost finished! :happydance:

Sw :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: n for Legolas and Orlando!

Taurloth
Taurloth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aurelin » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:40 pm

Is there so much more music in the film that wasn't on the soundtrack?

I think it said 180 hours. I'll give you the link: click.

I got such a grin on my face when I was at the theatre and saw ned Kelly at the Fabulous One thing, but more than that when Joe plays with the bird-scull! :love::drops dead:

The costume sounds very awesome and true-looking probably as well because I think they did use poncho like devices and yes - trying to come up with the blouse on short notice would be quite impossible because they usually are tricky and at least the Estonian ones have plaits on the shoulder and embroidery on the front and cuffs and so on.
So, way to go, Taurloth!

:roll: Aurelin :roll:
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:16 pm

:grouphug: Hello, my lovelies!!

Even if my daughter *is* driving me crazy and I may not have much to say at the moment, I just HAD to drop in and

SW :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: N for the Sweet One, Orlando!! :heart:

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:58 pm

hey everyone :(

Borin and I ended up having to take my 8 y/o daughter haley to the ER tonight! She had a round spot on her upper left thigh that was red two days ago and in those two days it ended up gowing to be 6inches by 2 inches. It turns out that it was abcess that needed to be lanced. Haley was so scared when she heard that her leg needed to by cut open that she couldn't stop crying. After the Dr had numbed the whole area and began to lance the spot he told he that the worse was over, when she heard that she stoped crying sat right up and WATCHED :shock: him lance the spot on her leg. I told her that not every 8 y/o girl/boy would watch a Dr cut them open and watch him do what he had to do and say COOL :roll: any way she's excited that she gets to miss 2 days of school and get a 4 day weekend(but with a large bandage on her leg so it can drain)

Well heres a middle of the night SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for my Orlando!
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:34 am

:hug: - s to you both! It is hard to be a parent, is it not, a road I have yet to embark on.

Robin - yickes! I would certainly not have watched, but thenagain, children are in some situations more tough than we think they are or are ourselves.

SW :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P NNN!!! for Drew for I saw the 10 minute cell-phone clip! :love:

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Taurloth » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:46 am

Hi :)

Robin, that's one tough girl you have! Quite brave indeed!

Nim, hope everything's all right now :hug:

Aurelin, thanks for the link. It seems it's going to be an interesting CD!

Aurelin wrote:when Joe plays with the bird-scull

LOVE IT! :love:

I am glad you think my cosrume sounds good :) I have finished the embroidery on the apron and now I have only the headkerchief left!

Sw :love: :drink: :love: :love: :love: n for Paris!

Taurloth
Taurloth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:46 pm

just letting you know that haley is doing good. The docter said that she should take it easy from walking around this weekend. I'll keep you all updated on how her leg is doing.

A Swoooooooooon for my Orlando

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:41 pm

Hello everyone who is around and I hope you are doing well for those who are not! :)

LOVE IT!

:D Now if I only got the right box for the DVD, right now I put in in a spare CD one. They even had a printed cover for the DVD.:) Today I was shopping for my lunch at the mall our shop is in and I saw the mag again while waiting to get to the cash register and I was completely :love:.

Of what the embroidery is, Taurloth?

:) :happydance: I am glad that your daughter is doing fine, Robin!

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:37 pm

Hello, everyone :grouphug:

I really haven't meant to be antisocial. I guess I've been pretty stressed out cos my daughter is leaving next Tues. to move to Seattle, WA for two years - and she's planning to drive the moving truck by herself. :( I cannot afford to go nor to take the time off to go with her. She just found out two weeks ago that she was accepted to the Seattle Art Institute, and so everything has been happening so fast. The next term begins Oct. 1. I just wish I knew of someone who would be willing to ride with her. It's about a 3 to 4-day trip.

It's been difficult for me to think of much else and that's why I haven't "been here". :roll:

I've certainly been seeing some adorable E-town clips, including the 10-minute cell phone one, Aurelin. :love: I am SO excited to see this movie! Did you all see the clip where he's on his cell phone in a big grassy area, talking to his mother and at one point he yells, "Mother, listen! Focus!" :rofl: It was SO funny to hear him say that! :heart:

Robin, I'm glad that your daughter's doing better. :)

Hello to Taurloth, IR, bloomgirl, and whomever else may be around! Gee, our numbers are dwindling! :(

Still, a huge
SW :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: N for Orlando in any incarnation!

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:46 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words for Haley.Now If I can only get he to stop wineing about her sore leg i'd be really happy :roll: Can any one say
DRAMA QUEEN
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

A Swoooooooooooooooon for My Elven Prince

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:24 am

Hello girls! I'm sorry I've been gone for a while. RL got busy. And dramatic. But let's not go there. :roll:
I have been lurking, though.

Hi Robin! I've met you, but we haven't really had a chance to talk since I left. I'm glad your daughter's okay!

:grouphug: to everyone! I'm glad I came back. There's so much going on in RL that it's driving me crazy. It's nice to have you girls to talk to.

Oh, today's my birthday. :)
It hasn't been to great so far, but hopefully it will get better. The worst part is that I have to do homework. :( I did get some good presents though! Except one thing: it's kind of sad actually, because I thought my friend knew me better than that. She got me something called a "Knifty Knitter" that's supposed to help you knit scarves. I know how to knit, but it's never been something I really liked. I started knitting a scarf last winter, but I gave up because I have no patience for it. When my friend gave me the present, she said she had the receipt, so I think she expected me not to like it. :| Quite strange. I wonder why she gave it to me if she knew I wouldn't like it. I think it might be a recycled gift that was meant for someone else, and if it wasn't, I think it's a bit sad that one of my best friends (or at least she used to be) doesn't know me better than that.

Sorry to put you guys through that. It's probably quite boring to read since you don't know my friend or anything. I just needed somewhere to vent. Sorry!

Oh, my sister made me a card with Orlando on it! I really like it. :D :happydance:

SW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) N for my birthday card!

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:22 pm

Happy Birthday

Bloomgirl

A SwOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOn for one of my favorite pirates!
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:19 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, bloomgirl!

*throws confetti* :horse: :clap: :happydance: :drink:

I think I kinda know what you mean about thinking that your friends should know what you like. :roll: I also hope that RL starts improving for you, hon. We're just really glad to see you here.

Are you looking forward to Elizabethtown? :D :love:

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby Aurelin » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:49 pm

Every time I see Nim's sig I am :love::quite nearly dead:

Happy Happy Birthday, Bloomgirl!!! :has a bit of trouble dragging in a big wrapped present that turns out to be a big swooning pillow with Legolas' face on one side and Orlando's on the other:
:hug: I do understand the situation about the gift because similar circumstances have overtaken my birthdays and Christmases as well. I guess that for a lot of people I myself can be a strange one to figure out what I would really really want. Perhaps the same goes for you?
I am glad to have you back with us!

Your worries are very understandable, Nim, :grouphug:, that is a long drive. However I am happy that your daughter got accepted. :)
Did you all see the clip where he's on his cell phone in a big grassy area, talking to his mother and at one point he yells, "Mother, listen! Focus!"

Oh yes! :lol:

I guess you might have already tried that, Robin, but you could remind your daughter how courageous she was when they were operating on her and compared to that a little soreness is nothing.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:57 pm

Thank you! :grouphug:

Nim, I am looking forward to Elizabethtown. I bought the soundtrack today! It was my birthday present to myself. :D

I'm glad you all understand what I meant with my friend. I've decided I won't let it bother me. She's been drifting away from me for a while now, so I don't think it's that bad.

Thanks for the pillow Aurelin! :hug: Very comfortable. :D

My second SW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) N of the day for Orlando!

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:02 am

Aurelin- I have given-up on reasoning with an 8 y/o girl!
It's just like trying to walk on water with cement shoes,
reasoning and 8 y/o children just don't work together!
Becides we have given her the official nick-name of Moaning Myrtle!

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:17 am

:lol: Robin about Myrtle.
I think I understand, I am not at all that good with children so any age is difficult for me to deal or reason with.

You are most welcome, Bloomgirl! I am still waiting here for the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack so I am afraid that the E-town one will not appear on the stores until after the movie's release here.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Taurloth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:31 pm

Hello, everyone!

Haven't been here for so long, it seems, I've been missing you!
I am so busy these days, can't find any time :(

It looks like I won't be able to go to the festival I was planning to go to :( Well, I can't say for sure, maybe I'll go alone, 'cause none of my friends can. My friend is waiting for me in the town where the festival will take place, but going alone just isn't my thing really. I'll have to think about it.

Happy (belated) birthday, Bloomgirl!!!!

Glad to see you here. Such things happen sometimes, don't think too much about it. Sometimes it's really hard to find a present, though it's kinda sad, when your friends act like that. :hug:

Robin, glad your daughter is all right :)

Aurelin, the embroidery's a few flowers. And I have finished the cap. Piccies soon. :) I hope I'll be able to use this costume for something else if not this festival actually.

Nim, I hope RL calms down for you a bit. I always worry for loved ones as well and Aurelin is right, that's a long drive. But I am happy for your daughter, since she obvioussly wanted to get there. :hug:

---

I went to a bookshop today to try to find a good Old English textbook (there's a good book I know, but can't find anywhere). Well, I didn't find what I was looking for, but I found something else. They sold magazines for people, who are learning English there. And on the cover of the latest issue was... Orlando! as Balian! :love: And there was a short article about him and a quiz: pics of his characters and their names to match :)
He's famous enough to be on the cover of a magazine for language-learners, that sound good, doesn't it? :love:

---

Must run now, need some sleep. I actually slept in today, I woke up 15 minutes before I had to leave for the uni. And I was inly 5 minutes late ;)

Sw :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: n for dear Legolas, Orlando and Balian!

Taurloth
Taurloth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aurelin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:02 pm

:lol: at Taurloth's new siggie! We missed you too and speaking of people I have not seen for a while again - IR and Doni. :hug:

:( It is sad to hear of the possible cancelling of your festival attending, Taurloth, though I am sure you will have no trouble finding an event to wear your costume in (chants *pics, pics* Flowers - that reminds me, I need to figure out whether I shall be embroidering my corset or not (the Padme Picnic/Elvish/Guinevere's Red Dress - have I told you about it?)). Those kind of things pop up once you have attended one or two. I am not that keen on going to places alone, so I see your point in doubting that you shall go to the festival.

They sell OE textbooks there - I am really jealous! I wish we had something along those lines, modern Welsh I wouldn't wrinkle my nose at either.

SW 8) :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: 8) NNN!!! for the one on the cover even of language magazines now! Yey!

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:42 pm

:grouphug: Hello, fair Lasses!

Taurloth, I *love* your sig and the comparison of the two pics. Legolas was quite innocent compared to Paris, wasn't he? :wink: Very cute!!
Hon, I'm very sorry about the festival. :(

bloomgirl, what're you tryin' to do, put me into cardiac arrest?? Your sig is gorgeous - I simply :love: that picture! :heart:

Well my "little girl" finally got on the road yesterday around 1:30 in the afternoon. This is just a guess, but if all has gone well I imagine she is either still in the state of Iowa, or is in South Dakota by now. May the Valar watch over her! :heart:

Aurelin wrote:SW Cool HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart Cool NNN!!! for the one on the cover even of language magazines now! Yey!

:D I heard about that; isn't that cool?? 8)

And I'm missing IR and Doni too. :(

SW :love: :love: :love: :love: N for Legolas and Orlando!!

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:25 pm

I think I've talked my mom into going with me to see Elizabethtown, but if she doesn't I'll have to by myself. It's not that I can't go alone, it's just more fun to go with a friend.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby bloomgirl06 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:14 pm

Yay, my sig has been approved! :happydance: :D I'm glad you like it Nim. ;)

Thank you Taurloth! :hug:

I can't wait until Elizabethtown! I'm going with two of my friends and my sister. I think. I know my sister is going for sure, but I'm not sure about my friends.

:grouphug: to everyone!

SW :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) N for my new sig!

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Taurloth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:28 am

Thank you, I am glad you like my sig. I wanted a pic from Troy, but when I found this one a silly idea popped into my head :lol:

Well, it seems like I will still go to the festival, though I am not overly happy about going alone. But a friend, who lives in the town, where the festival is held, asks at least me (if not the 4 or 5 people she had been expecting) to come. I miss her too, so I think I should go.

I think I'll post pics after the festival or maybe of the festival, because I don't have the camera at the moment. Dad needs it for his work now, he promised to give it to me for the festival though.

Nim, keep us updated on your daughter. May the Valar watch over you both :hug:
I forgot to say before, but I love that sig of yours... mmm... :love:

Bloomgirl, your sig is heart-stopping :love: :heart:
I can't wait for E-town as well!

Aurelin, I thought you were just making the Padme dress, you haven't said anything about the other two. Or is it a blend of three dresses into one?

Well, they do sell OE textbook, but the one I want is not easy to find. I haven't searched for other textbooks, but I guess there might be some fine ones. But I just read books by that linguist on Linguistics and other such subjects and I want his book! Don't they sell OE textbooks in Tallinn? Yeah, modern Welsh textbooks are even harder to find. I have never seen one here.

Sw :love: :love: :love: :heart: :clap: n for dearest Legolas, Orlando and Paris!

Taurloth
Taurloth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aurelin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:50 pm

Nim wrote:May the Valar watch over her!

Indeed! :hug:

PB, I hope you get your mom to come with you. I will go and see it first and then decide whether I will take my mother to see it as well. I have done so with most, wait, all Orlando movies so far. Oh, besides Ned Kelly, that is a too sad one for her.
I will see whether when I see it first I shall drag a friend with me or not. Tomorrow we are going to see Brothers Grimm, again, I was the active side of organizing it.

Taurloth, your friend is right - you should attend the festival, after all the preparations (meaning costuming and all) that went into it, it would be a crime not to :) And that means of course that we shall be expecting photos! ;) :P

SW :love::love::love::love::dies: NNN!! at Bloomgirl's sig pic! Wow! The same applies to the scans of the Japanese mags I saw today! :Q

Or is it a blend of three dresses into one?

That's correct - all in all the sleeves and upper part will be mostly Padme's but the skirt part will be trained and shaped like the Cranberry-dress-inspired-in-my-case-emerald-green dress. I was going to put a second layer of sleeves on it, shaped like Guinevere's but in the end I realised that that would mean that the ribbons of the undersleeves (that are like Padme's) would not show then and therefore cut those from the plans (although not before I had already cut those out! :roll:).

Nope, as far as I know, no OE here. It must be because no one teaches it, not one uni as far as I know.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:00 pm

hey everyone just droping by to see how ya'll are doing.

haley's leg is soo much better now except now she suffering a female side effect of the antibiotic( not fun). well got to get going.

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:01 pm

hey everyone just droping by to see how ya'll are doing.

haley's leg is soo much better now except now she suffering a female side effect of the antibiotic( not fun). well got to get going.

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:28 am

Robin, :compassionate smile:.

Not much to say since everyone seems to be having a fun weekend and busy one, therefore not much posts! ;) :P

I really liked Brothers Grimm, the wackiness and all, plus the music was awesome and the Queen's dress - wow, the sleeves were to die for.
Speaking of costumes - mine is progressing nicely with the overdress done not counting hemming and the underskirt cut out. Pics will come when I finish, I promise.

SW :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: NNN!!!! for Brown Eyes! ;)

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Taurloth » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:33 am

Hello, ladies,

I wanted to tell you that I will probably lurk here for a while and not post. This weekend turned terrible for me. My dear grandmother passed away yesterday.
My beloved grandma was a wonderful woman, I wish I had more time left
to spend with her. It was all so unexpected.
She used to be a ballet dancer and was very beautiful in her youth. She
was always full of energy and life. She was also very wise and someone
of whom you could say she had healing hands.

Taurloth
Taurloth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aurelin » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:41 am

:hug: My most heartfelt condolences to you, Taurloth! I am very sorry for your loss of a most loved and wonderful member of your family.
My thoughts will be with you! May Elbereth watch over you all!

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby NimrodelSong » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:45 pm

:hug: Taurloth, I am so very sorry about your grandmother. :( I want you to know that my thoughts are with you at this time.

Aurelin wrote:
SW :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: NNN!!!! for Brown Eyes! ;)

I'd like to Swooooon for those brown eyes too! :D :love:

~Nim~
NimrodelSong
Kentucky Woman

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives