Swooning Delios-ously for David Wenham/Faramir

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby LadyStefania » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:59 pm

Phew, Wulff, sounds like you are in love fer sure. Good luck with your new sweetie.

Phantas said:
Did you happen to see two girls with dark hair, one Asian-looking and one Mid-eastern looking... the Asian one in a green jacket and long grey/white-flowered skirt, with a blue shirt underneath and.... both girls had long hair?? Because maybe you saw me at the Wondercon, although I wouldn't know!

Yikes. That describes a lot of women at WonderCon! Here's what I looked like yesterday. I'm an agin' Caucasian with long dark brown hair, still curvy figure, and wearing jeans and my black White Tree of Gondor tee-shirt. I was with two friends, who are more striking than I--a man with very long, curly salt and pepper hair and long beard, and a woman with long gingery hair and unusually short arms (birth defect).

We loved Frank Miller. Your description of his talk is great. It was mostly about his work on Batman. Very little discussion was given to Sin City, graphic novel or film. This was Wondercan, after all, where folks are generally more thrilled with Batman, Superman, and Xmen than films or novels--unless they concern superheroes, of course. Miller is planning a graphic novel starring Batman, where the Dark Knight goes up against Osama Ben Laden. I'd like to see that one.

I was annoyed at the woman who only mentioned Gerard Butler in regard to '300.' But I'm glad that she brought up the movie, anyway. The news item was Miller saying that '300' won't be released until 2007, due to the amount of special effects that have to be added. So there's that tidbit for you.

Looks like we have to wait a looooooong time to see Dave as Delios, but I'm betting '300' will get a lot of press coverage and publicity. It should be lots of fun to follow its progress. Meantime, I'm very impressed by Frank Miller, gravely voice and all.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:07 pm

LadyStefania wrote:Phew, Wulff, sounds like you are in love fer sure. Good luck with your new sweetie.

Phantas said:
Did you happen to see two girls with dark hair, one Asian-looking and one Mid-eastern looking... the Asian one in a green jacket and long grey/white-flowered skirt, with a blue shirt underneath and.... both girls had long hair?? Because maybe you saw me at the Wondercon, although I wouldn't know!

Yikes. That describes a lot of women at WonderCon! Here's what I looked like yesterday. I'm an agin' Caucasian with long dark brown hair, still curvy figure, and wearing jeans and my black White Tree of Gondor tee-shirt. I was with two friends, who are more striking than I--a man with very long, curly salt and pepper hair and long beard, and a woman with long gingery hair and unusually short arms (birth defect).

We loved Frank Miller. Your description of his talk is great. It was mostly about his work on Batman. Very little discussion was given to Sin City, graphic novel or film. This was Wondercan, after all, where folks are generally more thrilled with Batman, Superman, and Xmen than films or novels--unless they concern superheroes, of course. Miller is planning a graphic novel starring Batman, where the Dark Knight goes up against Osama Ben Laden. I'd like to see that one.

I was annoyed at the woman who only mentioned Gerard Butler in regard to '300.' But I'm glad that she brought up the movie, anyway. The news item was Miller saying that '300' won't be released until 2007, due to the amount of special effects that have to be added. So there's that tidbit for you.

Looks like we have to wait a looooooong time to see Dave as Delios, but I'm betting '300' will get a lot of press coverage and publicity. It should be lots of fun to follow its progress. Meantime, I'm very impressed by Frank Miller, gravely voice and all.

- L.Steff

haha, well I didn't see you. Mabe you did see the hot guy next to me (dark hair, pale skin, brown suede jacket)... anyhoo.

Yeah, Frank Miller reminds me of a tough sailor. ^_^

~ Leah
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:50 pm

Does anyone remember suggesting that DW should play Vincent Van Gogh? Well, you're getting your wish.

Here's a quote from an article by Rosemary Sorenson under the heading "Art and About" which appeared in the "Courier Mail" (Brisbane?) February 15.

"YES, please. . .David Wenham in anything at all, but how about David Wenham as Vincent Van Gogh. The splendid actor will perform in Songs from the Yellow Bedroom, a staged reading of Van Gogh's letters to his brother, Theo. An idea of the late Richard Wherett, the performance will be directed and adapted by Adam Cook for the Adelaide festival in March."

Rosemary has her appreciation properly adjusted.

What will he do about the ear?

Swooning for DW, red-haired and tormented!
Last edited by meaningofhaste on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:53 pm

meaningofhaste wrote:Does anyone remember suggesting that DW should play Vincent Van Gogh? Well, you're getting your wish.

Here's a quote from an article by Rosemary Sorenson under the heading "Art and About" which appeared in the "Courier Mail" (Brisbane?) February 15.

"YES, please. . .David Wenham in anything at all, but how about David Wenham as Vincent Van Gogh. The splendid actor will perform in Songs from the Yellow Bedroom, a staged reading of Van Gogh's letters to his brother, Theo. An idea of the late Richard Wherett, the performance will be directed and adapted by Adam Cook fro the Adelaide festival in March."

Rosemary has her appreciation properly adjusted.

What will he do about the ear?

Swooning for DW, red-haired and tormented!

PrincessFaz has always said that David should play Van Gogh....here's hoping it leads to a movie!
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:28 pm

Hello all! My package arrived today, thanks to MoH and Sue! My heart is racing! I'm not sure what to watch first and how much would be suitable to watch in front of my son.

I suppose I'll wait till he's in bed so I can completely concentrate anyway!

Any ideas on what would be a good start? One of the movies like Gettin' Square, Stiff or The Brush Off, or maybe one of the TV show eps?

Best. Valentine's. Day. Ever! Squeeeeeee!
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby make_it_stop » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:36 pm

meaningofhaste wrote:Does anyone remember suggesting that DW should play Vincent Van Gogh? Well, you're getting your wish.

PFaz had the original idea, ages ago. We should all thank her for floating that proposal out into the universe, where it would subliminally reach David's ears. :D

Thanks for sharing the exciting news, MoH!
make_it_stop
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:40 pm

make_it_stop wrote:

PFaz had the original idea, ages ago. We should all thank her for floating that proposal out into the universe, where it would subliminally reach David's ears. :D

Not to mention the ears of producers/directors. :)

Lucidity - I watched Stiff today. Murray is just adorable. I can't wait for you to see him. David has such a talent for comedy I think.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:40 am

MIS has ferreted out some more information about "Songs of the Yellow Room" and posted it at Dessicated Coconut http://dessicatedcoconut.tripod.com/. The Adelaide Bank Festival of the Arts in general seems to be three weeks of a very eclectic and international mixture of theater, music, art, and dance http://www.adelaidefestival.com.au/.

This seems to be a bit of a quickie for DW--only two performances, not too much preparation/rehearsal needed, and he will be doing something for the Australian cultural world that he supports so strongly.

[/b]
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Phew, Wulff, sounds like you are in love fer sure. Good luck with your new sweetie

LS who says lightning doesn't strike twice ;)

"YES, please. . .David Wenham in anything at all, but how about David Wenham as Vincent Van Gogh. The splendid actor will perform in Songs from the Yellow Bedroom, a staged reading of Van Gogh's letters to his brother, Theo. An idea of the late Richard Wherett, the performance will be directed and adapted by Adam Cook for the Adelaide festival in March."

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**teh sound of wulffie's frustration

cannot go to adelaide on such short notice esp as I have other commitments :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

well I'll just have to imagine things

but yeah.... go PFaz and her excellent inmagination

sw :twisted: :twisted: n for he that inspires rather warm thoughts ;)
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:34 am

Information on the physical training for the "300" actors http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/300.htm ... ls_mpfVXcA.

This link was found by [/b]Phan[b]--great work! Phan, I coulldn't resist rushing to post this on TORC--I hope you don't mind--it wasn't my intention to steal your thunder :whistle:

Even viewing the clip full screen, it is impossible to identify any of those tortured, writhing, male bodies as DW's. Other than a brief introduction by GB, all the narration is done by the PT instructor. According to him. some of the actors needed to be "reconfigured." Was our slender, fine-boned, hates excercise hero one of them?

Edited to add: Warner Brothers seems to be spreading the publicity around--ComingSoonNews, SuperheroesHype, and now YahooMovies are all getting spots--not that I mind :|
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:48 pm

meaningofhaste wrote:Information on the physical training for the "300" actors http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/300.htm ... ls_mpfVXcA.

This link was found by [/b]Phan[b]--great work! Phan, I coulldn't resist rushing to post this on TORC--I hope you don't mind--it wasn't my intention to steal your thunder :whistle:

Even viewing the clip full screen, it is impossible to identify any of those tortured, writhing, male bodies as DW's. Other than a brief introduction by GB, all the narration is done by the PT instructor. According to him. some of the actors needed to be "reconfigured." Was our slender, fine-boned, hates excercise hero one of them?

Edited to add: Warner Brothers seems to be spreading the publicity around--ComingSoonNews, SuperheroesHype, and now YahooMovies are all getting spots--not that I mind :|

this is awesome :o Yeah I'm pretty sure David had to be reconfigured, but it probably wasn't too hard since he seems to already be pretty fit and he eats healthy so whatever... if *I* had to go through something like that, they'd announce my death on Yahoo! movies and people would be like, "aww, how unfortunate..."

I stand firmly in that I did not see David anywhere in the clip! But I don't want this to destroy my good alliances, of course...
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby princessFaz » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:49 am

Hello everyone. I actually also put in my fan mail to DW that he should play Van Gogh. Even tho he never replied he at least took my suggestion to heart. :rofl:

Wulffie - congrats on your new love!! I'm so happy for you!!

Thanks for the 300 clip. Very rigorous workout..

Does anyone else love Shaun White aka Flying tomatoe as much as I do?????

I dreamed DW called me last night and we were having a huge discussion about all his roles. :shock:
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:49 am

Hi, all!! Just checking in! :)

MoH and Phaz, thanks for the 300 link!! Gotta check that out! Nice to see some stuff starting to show up-hopefully a prelude to lots of new David material!

SW, your guy sounds wonderful!! Congratulations!

PFaz. Shaun White is a real cutie, isn't he? Very laid-back and mellow-seems to be a fun kinda guy to be around. I foresee his picture going up on a lot of teen girls' bedroom walls!

Then, this thread is partial to redheads! :D

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ "The Flying Gondorian Tomato" Faramir! :heart:

RHR :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:46 pm

some of the actors needed to be "reconfigured

ouch...

does that mean the wheel base needs to be rearranged or jsut some panel beating and reapinting of teh body...

I thought I caught sight of DW about 30 secs into it.. therer was someone reddish haired doing pushups in background

thanks for the congrats re being in lurve. he is really a lovely man but sdaly he'll be going mountaineering for 3 months in just a fortnight.... I reckon I'll be watching lots ogf DW movies while bawling my eyes out on teh couch :roll:

rewarched stiff after reading teh book... that increased my enjoyment exponentially

ps read something fishy by shane maloney.. there's lots of wet bedraggled murray whelan to feed our imaginations

oh I am happy to translate australianisms as needed :wink:
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:11 am

Stiff and The Brush Off were adorable. I can see why so many people love the Murray Whelan character. Delicious. :o

Were Stiff and The Brush Off made for Australian TV? Maybe it was cable?

Has anyone read 300? Is it worth a gander? I wasn't horribly taken with 'Sin City' -- a tad too much for me.

This will sound silly for sure, but I thought David was a blond, strawberry blond. Is his natural hair more red?
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:39 am

I think David's natural hair is red, really, really red (see those pictures from his visit to Hawaii in 2004). The filmmakers seem to refer him as more of a blonde (BTS, Dust, ATD, the Murray Whelans). DW has probably had so many dye jobs he could give us advice on hair coloring!

A little bit of news concerning "Answered by Fire"--the February 18 "The Age" says it will premiere in May. No precise date, and no mention of a date for Canada.

I've read "300." It's a much simplified and somewhat altered version of the story of the Battle of Thermopylae (Greeks against the Persioans in 480 BC). Very, very violent, very terse dialogue, and not much of it.

Swooooooning for TRHO.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:50 am

Lucidity - David is a real red head. Like in SdB Babies and I think Little Bit of Soul. See his chest hair in BTS, thats his real hair color.

I read 300 and really enjoyed it. Not much dialogue, like MoH says, but its very interesting if you are a beginner on the Battle of Thermopylae, like I was.
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:23 pm

*sigh* red hair.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyStefania » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:40 pm

Just peaking in to say "hello, Fazguls."

I've been really busy at work and with life but am never too busy to Swooooooon for TRHO (speaking of redheads).

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:30 pm

Stiff and The Brush Off were adorable. I can see why so many people love the Murray Whelan character. Delicious

mmh

fond memories of Murray Whelan having Devonshire tea ( scones, straawberry jam, cream,leaf tea in a pot)... with a dollop of said cream on the end of his nose

feel like licking that cream off

(BTW I have sore belly muscled form reading teh novel..and I'm only 60 pages into it)

and yeah DW is perfect as Murray
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:02 am

I have to say that Murray and Diver Dan are about my two favorite DW roles, though Alex is up there, too. Is this because I like to think that
the real DW incorporates the best characteristics of all three?

Sw :) :) :) :) :) ning for the multi-faceted one!
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:40 pm

Oh, me too, Wulffie. It's weird. I'm still working away at my F/E romance fanfic, and sometimes my characterization of Faramir lapses into Murray Whelan. I can't help myself. An interview from an Australian newspaper quotes Dave as saying that of all his characters he most closely resembles Murray. If that's the case, Kate A. is an especially lucky woman.

BTW, is it possible to get the Shaun Malloney (sp?) series in the US? Maybe through Amazon? I haven't tried yet.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:21 pm

I think it would be unusually awesome if David said, "Actually....I most resemble Faramir."

Wow, I would hunt him down :lol:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby sh_wulff » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:17 am

Shaun Malloney

try Shane Maloney LStef

you may have more luck

and the reading is hilarious

wheee.. awaiting more news re "300"
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:16 am

princessFaz wrote:

I dreamed DW called me last night and we were having a huge discussion about all his roles. :shock:

Is that the same as discussing his parts? :oops:

LadyStefania wrote: It's weird. I'm still working away at my F/E romance fanfic, and sometimes my characterization of Faramir lapses into Murray Whelan.
- L.Steff

:shock: The mind boggles!! It conjures up a wonderful image of a totally hapless and disorganised Faramir (not unlike Raksha's perception of Filmamir ;) ).

I wish someone would do a fanfic like this.

Should we try it on here in true TORC fashion.

Can't get rid of an image now of Faramir walking around Ithilien with a plastic carrier bag.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:02 am

Mmmmmm. . . .The bullying boss, Angelo Agneli would be Denethor, of course ; Tish, the much-put upon, ever-rescueing secretary would be Madril; Adam-Ant could be Damrod. Is there a place for Trish, the witchy wife?

Denethor: Faramir, just drop whatever you're doing and get over to the Black Gates before lunch. I need someone to show the flag in Mordor. I'd send Boromir, but I really need someone low on the administrative feeding charts. . ."

Madril: "Faramir, you have a meeting with the South Ithilien Resettlement
Commission tonight. Here's the agenda, and don't expect me to do all the work for you next time."
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby make_it_stop » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:33 am

BWAHAHAHA! I can just imagine Faramir trying to fix the hole in the cave at Hennuth Annun...poking at it wanly with his sword....getting showered by rocks and dust.....

BTW, it looks like we're approaching 300 posts soon and time for a new Faz thread title...."Songs from the Red Bedroom", anybody? :twisted:
make_it_stop
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:48 am

Hello from Lhaewin, staying at POI's for some days. :)

MOH and MIS, you are cracking me up. :lol: :lol:

MIS, I don't get that about the Red Bedroom. :?

SWOOOOON for Murramir! :wink:
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:20 pm

M_I_S,

I think you've nominated yourself to start the next thread. "Songs from the Red Bedroom"?--where have you been , young woman? Are we talking red satin sheets, red velvet coverlets, red lacy nighties, or just red. . . .hair?

Swooooning for Murrimir (Thanks, [/b]POI :hug: !)
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby make_it_stop » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:04 pm

PrincessOfIthilien wrote:MIS, I don't get that about the Red Bedroom. :?

David's next project is called "Songs from the Yellow Bedroom". It's the Van Gogh one.

I'd volunteer to start the next thread, but I won't be around a reliable computer again until Monday.

Murrimir! :lol:

MoH, we're talking all of the above: a total red makeover. Not just the hair and the sheets, but the drapes, the rug, the sofa, the wallpaper, the ceiling, the dog, the driveway, the surface of the moon, such that all who come into contact with the Red Supernova see nothing but a blinding green afterimage for weeks.
make_it_stop
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives