Swooning Delios-ously for David Wenham/Faramir

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi Lucidity. :)

It's Rosie from CJ. :)

Dust is weird to say the least, but David is gorgeous in it. And After the Deluge (Region 4) is wonderfully angsty. But you should also try to get Stiff and The Brush Off to see the character that David describes as the closest to himself.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:13 pm

I was just doing an Amazon search under his name and found out he was in the Crocodile Hunter movie as well. My son (7) may even like that one. Is it worth a rental? :?

I found quite a few available in the US, but not two of the three that You mentioned, Rosie. They had After the Deluge available. :)

Now I just have to convince hubby that I need more DVDs. I just spent quite a few bucks on the LotR EEs. It was well worth the money, though. :wink:
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby Lhaewin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:14 pm

Hello lucidity! :)

I heard that Getting Square has been on American TV last month. David is not particularly swoonworthy in it, but acts extremely well.

After The Deluge has been shortened for the region 1 version and so much David is missing. :(

Croc Hunt isn´t a particularly good movie, and Sam doesn´t have a lot of scenes, but he looks gorgeous.
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:31 pm

I was reading reviews of After the Deluge (on Amazon) and many commented on it being hacked up. I suppose I will wait for an extended (or original) version. :cry2:

We get the basic cable here and don't get many stations. I will keep an eye out. Apparently Van Helsing is on this month as well as Dust. We don't get the premium channels they're on and I already have VH. :wink:

Ah well, I'll keep looking.
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyStefania » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:01 pm

What's this? "Getting Square" on American TV, Llaewen ? I wonder what channel it was on? I'd really like to see "Getting Square" again.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:33 pm

I live in Podunksville

Lucidity

is this like..the back of beyond/black stump???

welcome anyways

try the lunacy here ..it's fun

goes off to mark aprill 11 in diary..now this is the Sydney Town hall??.. cos going to Melbourne seems a bit of a trip at present
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:49 pm

sh_wulff wrote:
I live in Podunksville

Lucidity

is this like..the back of beyond/black stump???

welcome anyways

try the lunacy here ..it's fun

goes off to mark aprill 11 in diary..now this is the Sydney Town hall??.. cos going to Melbourne seems a bit of a trip at present

I guess Podunksville would be the hillbilly equivalent of the back of beyond/black stump, but don't tell anyone here that. They think they've got a right nice place here, LOL! :lol:
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby Phantasmagoria » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:46 pm

Speaking of visiting Australia, after seeing The Thin Red Line (1998), I really want to visit the Daintree forest in northern Queensland; apparently they filmed the beautiful rainforest scenes there, although terrible warfare happened in those scenes. And Australians on the MySpace group say it's unfortunately infested with poisonous Cane Toads. :cry2:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby SueB » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:27 am

I'd say CH is worth the rental price; DW looks very cute in it, and gets a small to medium-sized chunk of screen time. It all depends on your SITL (Steve Irwin Tolerance Level). Steve's a hoot to watch, but some folks can only stand him in small doses. I think he's pretty entertaining, for someone who's totally insane.

Just be warned that the plot is very goofy and forgettable; it seems to be aimed mostly at 6-10 year old children. If that's OK, you'll be all set!

By the way, did they release any LotR Valentines this year? I haven't seen any, and was wondering if maybe they'd finally give Faramir his own Valentine this time around! Don't think that's gonna happen though, alas...

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:22 am

SueB,

How are you doing with those loaner DWs? Maybe you could pass them on to Lucidity when you're done.

Missing Johnny and Murray myself :(
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:57 am

I just got back from our local Podunksville Blockbuster and they had several ones I hadn't seen. I rented the Van Helsing cartoon (I didn't even realize it existed until last week) and they also had The Bank. Woo hoo! :o

Sadly, I didn't see any of the other ones. Ooh, I did forget to look for the Crocodile Hunter though.

I know what you mean about Steve Irwin. I think he's kind of sweet, but the whole baby near the crocs thing was a bad career move to say the least.

I didn't see LotR valentines this year. They still have the Harry Potter ones, but there was an HP movie this year. (My son got the Narnia ones.)
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby SueB » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:28 pm

Moh, alas, I haven't had time to watch any more of the DVDs and tapes you so generously lent me. :oops: Not sure how my time's going to shake out in the near future, so if Lucidity would like to borrow them, I'll send them along! Then send up a flare when it looks like I'll be free to indulge in the DW goodness.

Lucidity, the VH cartoon is cool, and DW does a good job in it, though cartoon Carl doesn't look much like David. And The Bank is a great movie-David's wonderful in it!

SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:01 pm

OOOH! I'd love that! I'm assuming these would be viewable by those of us with US region equipment? :)

I agree that cartoon Carl doesn't look like David. I also made a faux pas by watching it with my son, not realizing it was more of a violent anime and less of a Saturday morning type cartoon. we ended up doing some fast forwards. Oops! :shock: I'll have to watch it again later.
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:19 am

SueB, What a shame you haven't been able to find time to watch all the DW goodies :( (busy, busy life she must have, MOH thinks to herself--MOH, who after she's fed the cats can relax with David any evening she wants). By all means send them on to Lucidity.

Lucidity; I'm not even sure what's in the batch any more--"Gettin'
Square," "Stiff" and the "Brushoff" (bootleg recorded straight off Australian TV, complete with commercials), "Basilisk Stare," and a yoga video featuring Kate Agnew, Dave's partner and Mother of His Child (I am shallow enough to want to see what she looks like :oops: ). They are all playable on regular US equipment.

Edited to add: For summaries/reviews of DW's films, see the "Dessicated Coconut" site http://dessicatedcoconut.tripod.com/movies.html.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:40 pm

I'm very sorry, MoH!!!! :( I really appreciated you sending them along, but I just haven't had the time to devote to them. The free time I thought I'd get over the holidays didn't materialize.

Here's what was in da DW box that MoH so kindly sent to me:

Molokai: the Story of Father Damien
Gettin' Square
Stiff
The Brush Off
Sea Change-four episodes
Basilisk Stare and Miscellaneous
Molokai Interview, Molokai Q&A, gettin' Square interview
Antonia Kidman yoga tape

That look right, MoH? I think that's everything...

Lucidity, if you'd like to drop your address to me at sueb1863@earthlink.net, I'll send them off to you!!

Grabbing a free moment to SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir!! :heart:

SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:30 pm

Hi everyone!!!

The computer is still not fixed....but I have this new laptop. But I lost all my special photo files. :( :( But I guess I can rebuild them. :( Well, I'm not sure they're lost. Someone is trying to fix it now..

Sueb , I didnt see any lotr valentines at all this year. maybe someone still has the link to those lotr valentines that were online. MIS???

Welcome lucidity!!

Shwlff, nice to see you!!

I'm behind so I'm going back to read the thread now!!

Edit - just read the sci fi link about Dilios!!! PLEASE let them use FAramirs voice for Dilios!!! Pretty please!!! But is he going to exxagerate like that old woman in Dust??? :wink:
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:40 pm

Thanks so much for the offer of the tapes, guys. I sent my address to you, Sue. :D

I'm excited to get to see the stuff, even the commercials! I'd love to go to Australia one day. I've wanted to go since I was a kid. Ah well, maybe some day.

Greetings to you, princess Faz! :)
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby make_it_stop » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:45 am

Ask & ye shall receive, PFaz....

http://beastybunny.com/lotr/funstuff/va ... uality.htm

Evil ideas for other LOTR valentines:

Flaming Denethor: "I've fallen for you, Valentine!"

Eowyn: Be my valentine, [s]Aragorn[/s] Faramir!

edit: dangit, does anyone know how to do strikethroughs??
make_it_stop
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Gang -

I love Beastie Bunny's Valentine's! That one of Faramir reallllllly reminds me of Errol Flynn in "The Adventures of Robin Hood." I wonder how deliberate this was on Peter Jackson's part to do homage to Flynn with Wenham. There are lots of homages to famous films throughout the LOTR trilogy. And "King Kong" is replete with them.

My favorite KK homage happens early in the film when Carl Denham mentions to his producers that he needs to find a leading lady who is a size four. They discuss various actresses of the time. Then they mention that "Faye" is a size 4 but she's busy doing something for Cooper (Faye Wray and Merrian C. Cooper of the original KK, of course)."

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:37 pm

Thanks MIS, I love those!!

I just found out today that Erroll Flynn is from Australia, did you guys know that and this is old news? There was an article in EW about aussies but of course no mention of DW. :x

LadyStef, I noticed that!! That was great.
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:15 pm

ERROL FLYNN was from Australia?!?!?! OH MY GOSH!!

The list of Aussie hotties gets longer and LONGER! I think I am almost ready for my statistical conclusion!!
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:44 am

Googling today in News, I found a slew of reviews of DVD's of David's films. Nothing new, but at least the reviewer liked him as Dan, Karl, and Johnny Spit.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:09 pm

PFaz, I read that article in EW, as well. EW and this jolly thread are my guilty pleasures.

- Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:51 am

unfortunately infested with poisonous Cane Toads.

Phas

cane toads are only poisonous if you try to eat them :roll:

now what if one's fave red head starts reciting

"eggs ,sugar, flour, dessicated coconut "

in a similar fashion to teh film :devil:.... it's good to have a man that understands one's Wenhamania :love: :love:

and now sw00n for big screnn version...

who is at least as good looking :wink:
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:05 am

Hm, okay, Still, I wouldn't want them to gleek on my tender skin. :shock:

Now I'm confused... are there *two* redheads? Is someone married to a redhead here?

I demand more redheaded gentlemen in my area. :cry2: And then I would search the kingdom for a redhead with the similar facial features of Wenham. Sort of like the princess and the pea, or at the end of Cinderella, looking for the one maiden who fits the shoe.

Yeah. Empress Leah... stretches out her scepter and begins the search! Hear ye! Hear ye all ginger gentlemen of the lands!!!
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby princessFaz » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:06 pm

Theres that "flying tomatoe" guy on the snowboard in the Olympics.... :shock:
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:54 pm

Now I'm confused... are there *two* redheads? Is someone married to a redhead here?

phas

new red haired man in RL for me :love: ...
loves movies :thumbsup: ..esp Aussie ones.... :clap: .... so when we were um...er .. being friendly :hug: to one another and I said "Dessicated coconut" :whistle: he continued with the list :woah: ..... so I'm happy cos he doesn't mind DW movies and we ahve a common interest in a roundabout way :angeldevil:

now as for more redheads... well I met him under starlight and I didn't have any idea what colour hair he had..imagine my very pleasant surprise... and yup he and DW have a great deal in common.. including wondering why anyone would think they are the sexiest men :Q ...and I find tht humility charming

oh and cane toads don't gleek only of you tread on them is there a problem..and you'd be wearing sturdy boots..so it should not be a worry

oh yeah before I forget..sw00n fot Dilios with his lovely stentorian voice... and hopefully gets a love scene in which he gets to use his sotto voce :D
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:35 pm

sh_wulff wrote:

phas

new red haired man in RL for me :love: ...
loves movies :thumbsup: ..esp Aussie ones.... :clap: .... so when we were um...er .. being friendly :hug: to one another and I said "Dessicated coconut" :whistle: he continued with the list :woah: ..... so I'm happy cos he doesn't mind DW movies and we ahve a common interest in a roundabout way :angeldevil:

now as for more redheads... well I met him under starlight and I didn't have any idea what colour hair he had..imagine my very pleasant surprise... and yup he and DW have a great deal in common.. including wondering why anyone would think they are the sexiest men :Q ...and I find tht humility charming

oh and cane toads don't gleek only of you tread on them is there a problem..and you'd be wearing sturdy boots..so it should not be a worry

oh yeah before I forget..sw00n fot Dilios with his lovely stentorian voice... and hopefully gets a love scene in which he gets to use his sotto voce :D

:oops: oh dear yum ... I encountered a beautiful, beautiful redhaired guy my age at the subway today on the way back from Wondercon.

LadyStefania = Did you happen to see two girls with dark hair, one Asian-looking and one Mid-eastern looking... the Asian one in a green jacket and long grey/white-flowered skirt, with a blue shirt underneath and.... both girls had long hair?? Because maybe you saw me at the Wondercon, although I wouldn't know!

So the Frank Miller panel was quite nice. Sahar and I sat next to the hottest guy, it was quite thrilling. Miller talked about his influences from travelling between West and East coasts - his love for New York and its difference from the more segregated Los Angeles. Miller made the cutest comments about Batman. "If you were in an alley, you'd want Batman to appear... but that doesn't mean you want to have dinner with him" or something. He did not mention anything about 300, but during question time, a woman got up to ask him about 300! She said she was a big Gerard Butler fan, and asked how Gerard was. I was slightly peeved because I thought maybe she should ask about the movie in a more general sense, since there were very few questions allowed and the convention had not heard of 300 whatsoever. Miller said that he wasn't too involved since it was Zack Snyder's project, but that he met with Gerard and "he is very physically impressive... as you might well know...."

I was like arrrgh, Daisy too.. or at least... the production as a whole!

oh well.

The convention center was so huge, the entire bottom floor had so many comic booths with incredible talent. So much talent in one small space. I loved it.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby Lady_Niwella » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:21 am

Drive by sw :) :) :) :)n for THRO. I really hope the next film won't take too long to come to the theatres and I really hope they do not forget this small cold country in the north.

sh_wulff - you lucky girl ;) There is something special about a redhead, isn't there? :D
Lady_Niwella
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:55 pm

There is something special about a redhead, isn't there?

well they do have ways of keeping you warm :devil: LadyN although the sun has faded the drapes a little bit :wink:

watched GS last night.... the way DW manages to transform himself never fails to astound me!!!!! although there was a bit that reminded me of Fevermir... and his eyes were still that beautiful blue.... I was also ogling teh other red-head. :angel: .the worthy Sam Worthington whilst receiving a massage from my fave redhead :love: ... I was in heaven :bliss:

as it is almost Valentine's day here I will sw :heart: :heart: n for he that sports a magnificent red beard and has (sadly :cry: ) divested himself of his beautiful red rug ..de-luscious Dilios of 300.... and of course my mostest favourite DW incarnation the incomparable Josh the wildlife photographer... may his roars never diminish

gallops off into teh sunset with some rather delicious thoughts of Josh and planning tonights viewing :horse:
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives