Swooning Delios-ously for David Wenham/Faramir

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby LadyStefania » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi Gang -

Sorry to be missing in action so much, but I caught a cold that sidelined me for about 4 days. But I'm here in time to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY To P.O.I !!

Have a great year with good things happening to you, your family, and friends. And may lots of friends from all over the world, bearing all different kinds of chocolates, come to visit you in Southhampton.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:12 pm

POI nad Phan

belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY

alll Fazgul Happy New Year

listening to that videoclip of DW has me scarcely coherent

that breathy soft voice coming from those wibbly lips...

makes me want to ummm...yeah TOS violation =:)

Over New Year looking at the night sky
I dreamt of caresses that make me fly
strawberry blond, vivid eyes blue
and soft kissable wibbly lips too
and a soft sensual voice that makes me cry

runs back into RL...and yea I'll go vote in Ugluks thread too
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:57 pm

aww thanks sh_wulff

Hey you guys um.... I'm really dumb.

I just noticed that the soldier who shouts "TO LEONIDAS AND HIS BRAVE 300" in the very first video journal.

Is David Wenham.

So... I totally missed that. Because, David is a completely different character here, who I totally didn't recognize LOL!!!

So... I think that I've studied enough for finals by now. I mean, what else is there to know? I should just look at some conditional probability stuff, and I'm okay. Beside, I won't get home until 8:30 pm everyday this week and I'll be staying in sacramento for saturday and sunday for that Linea Theatre Festival (which is a free ride for me, since I'm just an extra!)... Really, there's not much to study here.

Plus, I'm already accepted in a college, that has generally lower standards than my record was capable of.

That's right. I can take it easy. *nods to everyone* :roll:

...and look at that piece of the video clip a dozen more times in disbelief :shock:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:10 am

meaningofhaste wrote:Happy birthday, POI. You share your birthday with the smoldering, romantic, scandalous poet Lord Byron.

"The Proposition" is currently beinhg screened at the Sundance Film Festival. IMDB.com inlcuded a brief comment that it was the best film the viewer had seen at Sundance.

David was spotted eating ice cream with his daughter last week.

(Two little drops of rain, for you, Phan :)

Hope you had a Wenhappy Birthday, Princess!

RAKSHA 8) , alive and well and enjoying the snow (well, the dogs are)
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:45 am

Thanks everyone. Another year older in the body, younger in the head. :)

Lhaewin - thanks for starting the ball rolling. :)

I'd love to see your dogs in the snow Raksha. We've had no snow here - in fact, the sun is shining now and it's like a spring day.

Phan, I can't see David in that clip at all - the voice seems too deep and I know he's beefed up, but surely not that much?

MoH - Lord Byron eh? Well he was quite a charismatic character so I've no objections to sharing my birthday with him.

Sh_wulff - love the little poem. I sent you an email btw - hope you got it.

Stef - not chocolates! I joined WW. Not Wenham Watchers, but Weight Watchers.

ShieldMatron - still waiting for both man of dreams and prezzie of dreams....it could be a long wait.

Sue That Faramir sure has a busy time delivering cakes. He hasn't got here yet - I think Phan has kept him.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:51 am

"300" video journal #2 is now available in Quick Time with a much larger image. I still can't positively spot DW, though.

POI and PHAN,

I can't make up my mind about that image in Video journal #1--definitely a red beard, but the helmet hides so much. The deep voice doesn't bother me though--we know DW can alter his voice to fit the role. And I firmly believe that DW can be muscular (King! King! Meow! Meow! I will be buff! I will be buff!)

I thought it was very interesting that the presenter in #2 said that they're essentially presenting the story like an opera--less emphasis on realism and more on style and dramatic effect.

Did you notice the scene with Ephialtes? They've most definitely given him the huge, distorted hump he has in the book.

Sw :shock: :shock: :shock: ning for the red-bearded guy in the hope that he's DW!
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 pm

thanks for the welcome back!!!!

:grouphug:

POI yup got your e-mail..reply is in the ether

now hairless buffed up DW is scarcely a sight for sore eyes IMVHO... but I suspect curiosity will get the better of me

ETA..I suspect that that is DW yelling...sounds like his "NAZGUL" shout nad his shouting in Cyrano
Last edited by sh_wulff on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Lhaewin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:40 pm

Hello sh_wulff, it´s good to see you back. :)

It will be a long time till we see 300 - time enough to get used to the thought of a hairless chest.

MOH, I didn´t find Dilios either in the video. :?
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:33 pm

DW buffed up--I could deal with that. I couldn't believe that shot of Gerard Butler. His body looked almost unreal, like a superhero in a cartoon. I was wondering if he wore a muscle suit.

As far as Dave's voice is concerned, he definitely varies the pitch for his characters. I remember reading somewhere--probably here--that his voice for Faramir seemed much lower than his speaking voice in the LOTR documentaries. I really noticed this at Christmas, when I did my annual trilogy EE viewing. I've seen DW in so many other movies that his voice as Faramir sounded low and strange. I missed the Aussie accent :( .

Good luck on WW, Rosie. I've done them several times, lost about 14 pounds, all of which came back. Not their fault. Mine. I keep telling myself that now that I am past 60, I can eat whatever I want and not worry about my figure. But that didn't happen. I've gotta go on a diet, myself.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:43 pm

PoI, I'll get out the FPS (Faramir Positioning System) and see where he is. He ought to be on his way to you by now!

The li'l bunny below is waving HI! to all of our returning Fazgul! :D Great to see y'all again!!

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for buffed-up, boss and beautiful David/ Faramir!! :heart:

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:22 pm

*sigh*

1. Look at more shirtless, fit men.
2. For a role like that, David looks standard-buff. I can assure you that Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing would have been a lot more ripped, given the camera angle.
3. There are differences among 'ripped', 'buff', 'toned', and 'muscular'.
4. This is just a shoulder shot. We have not yet seen everything. We do have a more complete shot - the blurry, distant one, remember? Yes.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:52 am

The incidence of natural redheads worldwide is about two percent (13 and 10 percent in Scotland and Ireland), so assuming the cast includes 75 adult males (I get the impression that because of CGI, not that many real bodies are needed), there ought to be no more than one or two redheads among them. And assuming there would be no reason to make a blonde or brunette into a redhead, a red-haired actor with a speaking part seems likely to be DW.

I've been looking again at Video Journal #2. Towards the end, after the spot where Leonidas consults with the captain, there's a group shot with Leonidas and another actor who has long reddish hair. It *could* be DW, though I'm not convinced. The face is longish, and there's a profile shot as the actor turns that suggests him more than the full face. A nice body, indeed. Take a look at the Quick-Time high res version and give your opinion http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovie ... al2_hi.mov.

[/b]
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:23 pm

If I lose this conflict, I will walk the plank in shame.

But I will be sure that the plank is hovering over Australian seawaters.

random....
Look:
"Wise and learned in the scrolls of lore and song, and yet a man of hardihood and swift judgement in the field. Less reckless and eager than Boromir, but no less resolute."

This should be an important quote to look at when talking with people to diss Wenham's Faramir. I think that Wenham was very careful in following this exact description.

Less reckless and eager ... but no less resolute.
When Faramir says, Take the Ring to Gondor", how does Wenham deliver it?

Does he say, "YOU SHALL TAKE IT TO GONDOR!"

Does he say, "You will take it to Gondor now!"

Does he hastily respond, "To Gondor, ha!"?

Does he skip? Does he run in circles, or make a fast turnaround to look at his captives with self-conceited victory?

The way David delivers it is after a pause, and even then it is with a firm, but calculated and steady deliberation that a reckless Boromir would unlikely convey.

You can diss PJ but don't go dissin' teh Diliosososos... sorry. I like the Greek "os" thing. 8)
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby AtinielofGondor » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:06 am

A belated Happy Birthday to Phan and PoI !

*presents a Faramir with big red bow*
AtinielofGondor
Shield Bearer

Postby shieldmatron » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:29 am

Wow! sh_wulff! Good to see you again!

POI Even if the man of your dreams fails to show, I hope your b-day was a happy one!

I like an eager Boromir...=:)

Steff No way did GB wear a muscle suit. That exquisite bod is all his!

Since I've been offline due to a change of residence, I haven't had a chance to look at the video clips. Just still shots occasionally.

I'm looking forward to seeing a buffed up David in 300!
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:54 am

The only criticism I have of buffed up bodies as seen so far in "300" is that the added muscle really thickens the waistlines and takes away the youthful slimness and suppleness that is so attractive. Barrell chests, even with six packs, don't appeal to me. But at least so far there have been no grotesque body builder arms.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DW running in a teeny-tiny leopard print bikini is not all that bad.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:24 pm

meaningofhaste wrote:The only criticism I have of buffed up bodies as seen so far in "300" is that the added muscle really thickens the waistlines and takes away the youthful slimness and suppleness that is so attractive. Barrell chests, even with six packs, don't appeal to me. But at least so far there have been no grotesque body builder arms.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DW running in a teeny-tiny leopard print bikini is not all that bad.

I thought this too except I think there are different types of muscle-building to account for. Some muscle building thickens the waist line but others actually shrink it. Not that I care either. But I think that in some cases, like in 300, it will actually be a more flattering, slimming sort of deal. for example.. Muscle makes things tighter, if it's not steroidal body-building, which I don't think David has really done, personally. Gerard might have a more adding-on sort of physicality, but Daisy doesn't have that. Even in the top shoulder shot he doesn't have the puffed-up physicality body-builders have.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby Athelas63 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:57 am

Hello All! found a way to get in around the filters at the school I'm subbing at today...

Have to come to this thread because the Boz thread has ground to a sad and desperate halt. No one is there! Why???? Possibly because we've all been drooling ourselves into dehydration on the Bean-box.com???

Anyway, nice to see everyone. Birthday wishes, Phaz, lovely piccie, Sue B, and every one - HELLO! Raks! Hadn't heard from you in so long weren't sure you were still on the east coast!

I'm also anxious awaiting 300 to see all the beauty... even though it is sadly lacking a beautiful green-eyed Brit...

Also desperately searching for a copy of Gettin' Square... any suggestions anyone?

Oh, and old news - from October - but that just shows how often I get on this thread - (although I VOW to reform and come back more often...) ANYWAY, my Faramir fanfic A Sense of Duty has been nominated for a Mithril award. I have no idea who nominated it, but if it was one of you, thanks! If not... um... Anyway, it is NOT a slashy, trashy one like the other, but it IS the "Faramir has a nervous breakdown" one, in case anyone wants to read (or avoid)

Back to "behavior management"... (i.e. "in-school suspension")

A BIG SWOOOOOOOOOOOOON for Fazzy and his pretty hair.... and those eyes :shock: :shock:
Athelas63
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:05 am

There has been much speculation about the "300" black briefs on this board (well, anyway, I have been speculating), and thanks to the ever-vigilant M_I_S, we can now view the actual pair worn by Gerard Butler as King Leonidas at Dessicated Coconut http://dessicatedcoconut.tripod.com/index.html.

I have to wonder what the actors thought when they first saw these--leather, liberally studded with metal, with a rather prominent cup in front--to me they irresistably suggest the cover of a gay magazine. I wonder if each pair had to be tailored to the actor who wore it.

Take a look.

Swooning for DW in leather, studs, and prominent whatever :twisted:

Edited to add: The Jan. 27 Hindustan Times reports that David won best male actor for $3 t the Dhaka International film festival. All the other awards went to Asian films and actors.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Lhaewin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:17 pm

Athelas, nice to see you here! :) You should have told me a tad earlier about GS because I have a spare copy. Wow, a nomination of the Mithril Award - I will certainly not avoid this story.

I have to wonder what the actors thought when they first saw these--leather, liberally studded with metal, with a rather prominent cup in front--to me they irresistably suggest the cover of a gay magazine. I wonder if each pair had to be tailored to the actor who wore it.

MOH, hmmm the cover of a gay magazine. I can see where you come from - movies with sparsely clothed characters might not only attract straight women.
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:29 pm

Wow, I'm totally behind.

I cant believe I missed PoI's birthday!!! So sorry!! hope it was good!!

hello to everyone else and I must get caught up.

Shwulff!!! So good to see you!!

I would love to be the thong tailor..... :twisted:
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmatron » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:36 pm

In response to the question regarding buff vs. body builder type physique, a body builder gets muscle hypertrophy by actually tearing the muscle fibers. I doubt any of the principal actors in 300 achieved this. I think we can look forward to seeing some guys who have really worked out. None of the "stars" of this movie were in crappy shape to begin with. Actors work out and stay in shape. It's part of their job.

athelas I posted a message in the Boz thread recently. I can get you a copy of Gettin' Square if your sister won't let you borrow hers.

meaningofhaste wrote: I wonder if each pair had to be tailored to the actor who wore it.

I think we can safely say that Gerry Butler's were tailored to him. pFaz, you know of what I speak! :wink:

The furniture is moved! Hurray! :clap: I can sleep in my bed once more!

Swoon for David, who is always welcome in my dreams!
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby LalaithUrwen » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:52 pm

Just a face from the past, zooming in to sw000n for David!!!!! :D

Howdy, ladies!

Lali
LalaithUrwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:09 pm

shieldmatron wrote:Swoon for David, who is always welcome in my dreams!

*imagines you standing at a symbolic door. David walks by and casually implies he would like to come in.*

SM: "Well, okay. Sure, alright. Go ahead." *gestures easily*
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyStefania » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:03 am

Quick hi to everyone and welcome back to Lali. i checked out King Leonidas battle trunks. Wow. Maybe the reason for the large cup could be, ahem, protection. Years ago, my old finance was a catcher for a softball team. He had to wear a catchers cup. It was huge, hard, and I thought it was the funniest thing ever. He just thought it was uncomfortable, though appreciative of the protection it gave him.

Congratulations for the Mithril nomination Athelas. I'm going to go over there and have a look at your story.

Happy Friday and swooooooon for Dave.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:19 am

Mmmmmmmm. . . .cup sizes? A? B? C? D?!!. I'll bet those leather briefs had to be individually fitted, requiring the most careful measurements.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:06 am

Anyways, I have witnessed Oscaresque corruption first-hand tonight. My theatre department's production should have easily and by far won out the awards for one-act, however... there was corruption. And we got silver. Which is outstanding still, but trust me, and everyone else... like all the audience members and some participants agreed as well.... we were leaps and bounds ahead as an ensemble, and the only explanation is a severely disorganized and poorly kempt judge system, and festival system in general. Mhm. :oops:

swoo :o :o :o oon for David Wenham, who I wish would have judged for my play... that would have been hot

and ps. hopefully, no one here knows what festival or system I'm talking about... because... really I shouldn't act like a bad sport. I know.

But... who that I know comes here? Psh. :oops:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby sh_wulff » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:37 am

thanks for those links
loved them

I cn get used to DW buff... but hairless

AIII!!!! the pain

I like his rug...... can just imagine running mu fingers thru it...preciousss....
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby Athelas63 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:14 am

Hey - told you I'd be back. SM and/or Lhaewin - email me and we'll discuss Gettin' Square!!

And Lady Stef thanks for the support. And if you hate the story, don't worry - lots of people do. MY Faramir is flawed.... :D

By the by - I, personally, am looking forward to seeing DW & GB hairless! It will make it SO MUCH EASIER to apply the oil... ahem....

Only thing missing is Beanie.... sigh... hoping The Dark shows up soon in my Netflix queue.

SWOOOOOOOOOON for the Sons of the Steward..............
Athelas63
Shield Bearer

Postby make_it_stop » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:13 am

meaningofhaste wrote:...to me they irresistably suggest the cover of a gay magazine.

LOL, MoH!! :D I can almost picture a row of Spartans singing "It's fun to stay at the gymmm-na-si-um..."

*ahem* Sorry. I'm sure there are sensible reasons for the leather design, like protection and support. And yet, they present such a huge and tempting target for juvenile practical jokes. Mysteriously loosened rivets. Ben Gay. That sort of thing. :angeldevil:

Athelas, congrats on the Mithril nomination! :) When is the final balloting?
make_it_stop
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives