Swooning Delios-ously for David Wenham/Faramir

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby SueB » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Wow, that could be David!! Thanks, PFaz and Jo!! It's hard to tell because it's so small, but it's sure a possibility. If that's the case, the look here seems to be long hair and trimmed beard. And very muscular chests. Hubba hubba...

:heart:
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:07 pm

Here's an enlargement that someone made, you can see David better in this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/ ... rt3big.jpg
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:14 pm

Sorry for being so shallow, but honestly, David's muscles are hottt with three t's. I like how he doesn't look bulky... he has a more male-model type of build. I like that sort of build.

I'm not into the Russel-Crowe sort of build, if you understand what I mean. Though I'm sure many ladies enjoy that sort, and I wouldn't complain... if someone liked that asked me to prom.

Anyhoo, rambling on...

I was in Borders today reading about 2006 previews. 300 was totally not listed, but I don't think the magazine looked beyond January and February. Eh.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:08 am

Since we're speculating about DW's body in "300," try Googling myron and discus thrower. This famous statute is how I'd like to see Dilios--lean, well-defined muscles, but not bulgy and overdeveloped. I imagine the Greeks, who valued beauty and symmetry in the human body, would be appalled by the results of modern body-building fanatics. (Shudders)

Sw :D :D :D ning for the well-muscled one!
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:50 am

Why do you have to speculate? He's right there in the photo...
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmatron » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:51 am

No need to speculate, MOH. He's there for us to see in pFaz's post.

edit to add :rofl:
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:19 am

I'm waiting for more, larger, higher resolution pictures from the "300" site--these old eyes can't make much of what PFaz so kindly posted--closeups of Dw and DW alone, not cluttered up with butlers and the like are need to satisfy this old lady.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby AtinielofGondor » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:10 pm

These are great news! Now, we know, why he has trained so hard for his new movie. I think too, he is the red bearded warrior diagonally behind the black bearded warrior.
AtinielofGondor
Shield Bearer

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:14 pm

Hmmmmm. . . .If that really is Dave (and the face is so blurred that it's just the red hair that makes a possible identification), he has some very nice pecs and abs. It also looks like the look is full but short beards and mustaches, unlike the official Spartan look of long beard but no mustache
(which I'm glad of, BTW, as the Abraham Lincoln look is not my favorite).

Marry Christmas/Happy Hoilidays to all. I'll be back next Tuesday with hopefully many inspired posts to read.

Edited to Add: Kind of weird thongs they're all wearing--they look like black bathing trunks--very modern. OTH, your standard loincloth always suggests diapers to me.
Last edited by meaningofhaste on Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:20 pm

I think it really is him. He seems to be standing like DAvid does and have his head cocked like him too.

Edit to add - OK, it IS him...on the right!!!

For all naysayers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/ ... 00nose.jpg
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Lhaewin » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Yes, PFaz, it is definitely him! Thank you for the picture!

MOH, are you still there to see this one?
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:46 pm

OK, it's him all right. The video is now up on the "300" site, and there is plenty of GB to look at for you fans. And while DW's chest is not featured, the look for all the cast seems to be NO CHEST HAIR--all those muscular male bodies are smooth as marble.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:55 pm

That had to be so painful for David!!! :(
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:24 pm

Aw, his beautiful Autumn hair.

Oh well, I love marble too.

Mmm, his pecs and abs are FAMOUS.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyStefania » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:07 pm

Wow. That most definitely is Dave behind Gerry. They both look super hunky, don't they. Dave must have been working with the best personal trainer in the world. Looks like he's got a six pack now. What a change from Johnny Spitieri :) . Kate's a lucky gal. I can't wait!

As far as 300 not being mentioned in upcoming films from 2006, it's entirely possibly that it won't be out in '06. I suspect the post production work on this film is going to be huge, since they want everyone to look like humans on a painted canvas.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby AtinielofGondor » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:14 am

On a german movie website I read about a release date in January 2007 in Germany.
AtinielofGondor
Shield Bearer

Postby SueB » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:03 am

Yay, looks like David's role in 300 will be spectacularly droolworthy! Thanks to all for the info! Something new to look forward to!! :heart:

Hopefully David's chest-smoothing was not too painful-maybe they used Nair or something. And the famed chest hair may grow back thicker and more swoonable than ever! :)

Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday!! :puts out plate of frosted cookies with sprinkles and eggnog for the Faramir swooning thread virtual holiday party:

Holiday SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir!!!! :heart:

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:59 am

Faramir doesn't fall. He allows other to ascend.

*** New Year's or post-Christmas gift!!! ***

I am now selling both adventure games for PC, Syberia I and Syberia II, for $15.00 total.

The listing will begin on 12:00 AM Monday, 12/25/05. Click here for the scheduled listing.

Please buy!

Thank you.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:20 pm

MERRY XMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

And may all your Faramirs be redhaired...or black-haired, or both.

RAKSHA, who thinks that double the Faramir could be double the fun.

RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:11 pm

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS!!!!
My theatre class had been planning a huge group trip to New York the entire year.

I totally ignored it all along, because I really did not have a thousand dollars.

Six days. They take the flight tomorrow at 9:15 AM.

Suddenly tonight, I get a call. One of the girls got sick.

I am to take her PLACE for fifty dollars.

WHAT!! HO HO!

oh my oh my oh my

oh my oh my oh my

I'll be closer to Montreal too :P :P

I'm off you guys! WOOHOO!
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby princessFaz » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:47 am

Phan !! That is so great!! You will get to see all the Xmas stuff!! You will have so much fun!! Have a great time!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas!!!
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:53 am

I"m just spammin' to wish lhaewin a

SUPER HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Faramir bows to you:

severely gorgeous
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmatron » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:23 pm

Happy Birthday, lhaewin!

pFaz As always, thank you for the pictures! But all those waxed chests? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: Personally, I'm saddened, but that minor detail won't keep me from seeing this movie! BTW, pFaz, I'm glad my Marton isn't in this movie. I couldn't bear to see that chest bare! Now, why didn't they put Sean in this movie? They wouldn't have needed to wax him! :lol:

Okay, where was I? Oh yes, hope all the Fazgul had a Merry Christmas!

Swoon for David, whom we can no longer call fuzzy.... :cry2:
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:24 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LHAEWIN!!!!! Hope you had a fantastic day!!

Phaz, hope you had a great time in NY!! I visited there in 2000, it was pretty nifty!

Anybody have any fun New Year's Eve plans? I'll be going to a friend's house with my sister to ring it all in. Should be nice and mellow and low-key! One of these years I'll have to do the public party, with the hundreds of guests in tuxes and gowns and champagne, just to say I've done it. Anybody ever been in Times Square for the big ball drop?

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir!!! :heart:

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby Lhaewin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:25 am

Thank you for the birthday wishes and the bowing, extremely gorgeous Faramir, Pfaz, SM and Sue! :)

Don´t shoot me, but I don´t have a problem with hairless chests. 8)

Sue, here in Germany we are doing a firework on New Year´s Eve at midnight. We will spend the night with our neighbours and their kids.
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmatron » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:55 am

lhaewin wrote:Don´t shoot me, but I don´t have a problem with hairless chests. 8)

Then you'll be in 7th heaven when 300 comes out, lhaewin!

I personally think 300 pre-screenings in all locations should be available for women, complete with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, swooning couches and marblized young men in leather bikinis fanning us with palm fronds. =:)

Sue, lhaewin My New Year's Eve will be spent watching BTS, Heaven Sent, When Saturday Comes and Dracula 2000. And stuffing my face with shrimp dip.
shieldmatron
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:00 am

Hi Fazguls -

Belated Christmas wishes and the best of my love to you all for the upcoming New Years. My company closes down in the US between Christmas and New Years. I avoided using my computer for five whole days--imagine that.

I celebrated my holidays by doing something that I have decided will be my personal tradition: I watched the extended LOTR films over the course of three days.

Even though I look at pictures from LOTR all of the time, I still forgot how charismatic and sexy Dave's performance as Faramir is. It's especially fun to look beyond the wig, the British stage accent, and the lower pitched voice and try to imagine--Luke. I can't even see a grain of Jim Doyle, the most "normal" role I've seen in the Wenham repertory, in Faramir.

So I just want to put in a big swoooooon for our multi-talented fave. I can't wait to see him in 300. I think men with smooth chests glistening with oil are tremendously sexy.

Oh, I didn't mean to go on for so long. MY NYE will be spent at a Tribute to the Rat Pack Show (Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis JR., Dean Martin, and Joey Bishop). Then some friends and I are going to an all night 80s music disco.

And lastly, for shameless self-promotion. I finally updated my story "Avoidance" on Stories of Arda, which I know some of you are following. I had a particularly tough time with this chapter, because it has Faramir telling Eowyn about the highly controversial, movieverse only suicide charge. If you're curious, follow the link in my signature to "Avoidance."

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:32 am

I'm havng a bit of a hard time with those black leather briefs the costume designers gave the Spartans. They just look so modern, somehow. Still, I'll reseve judgement until I can get a closer, er, better look :roll: .

Whether or not this movie is a major hit, it is still going to be a very interesting experiment in film-making.

Swooning for DW in black leather!
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:19 am

Wow, okay. Yeah so um, I'm just gonna watch the Times Square ball drop on NBC. And I'll be like, "I was JUST THERE!" :lol:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby Lhaewin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:17 am

Phan, I hope you had a wonderful time. Yes, obviously you were there! :)

Happy New Year to everyone!

Did anyone have a look at the comments and the poll on the new MOM thread? Should we better stay out of the thread for some time? We voted according to the rules and such a reaction is outrageous and unfair. :evil:
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives