Summertime and the Swoonin' is easy -- for Aragorn!

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:22 am

Meli.... excellent swooning song

Early morning Swoon for a sexy Ranger

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:24 pm

Thanks, Borin. That wonderful man inspires me in oh so many ways!!!!

I understand the reason for your sig pic, Borin and will be glad when it features a more comely type...as in our ranger/king.

Dadgummit!!! I had a Viggo/Aragorn dream and don't remember anything except he was "there". :angry:

Meli waves to Maeg, IR, Em and any others who may be lurking.
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Maeggaladwen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:38 pm

Quicky Thursday SWOON! Wow, my teenager never lets me on during the week -- how did this happen?
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:41 pm

Well I compromised with my daughter... I gave up my Viggo fix and we watched Troy with Orlando in it it's OK though ... lots of nice HOT young men in barely any clothes....UUUUUMMMMM

Sean Bean was in it too ... many LoTR pairings with these movies lately ...

SWOONING for our King...

I put it in the MAC guild but I'm going to post it here too... while looking for pics for my Star Trak thing I found this site with over 300 lifesize stand ups..... elifesize dot com....

yes they have the Ranger and it was less than $30 I may have to order me one after my SS check comes..

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Maeggaladwen » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:29 pm

TGIF swoon! Hope you get your stand up man Borin! Meli's already got hers! I'd just like one to "stand by" like Tammy. ;)
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:24 pm

Got to go check this out, Borin.
I have Troy on DVD and like to watch it. Nothing like chain mail, leather, swords, long hair and strong bodies to get this gal's juices flowing. :twisted:

Gotta kick that teenager off the new comp when you need your vitamin V dose, Maeg. Strictly for health reasons, mind you. For good heart health you should swoon at least once every other day on his deliciousness (aka Aragorn/Viggo).

Here's a vitamin v dose :www.celluloid-haven.com/haven/comments.html .

Still swooning, and will always be, after all these years!!
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:56 pm

Meli..... veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice

many....many.... nice Viggo's

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:58 am

Tell me, ladies..have you ever seen a BAD pic of the V-man? There are some that I prefer, but I have never seen the man look bad...even when he was in drag!

As has been said before, my "obsession" goes deeper that skin level. There is an admiration and respect for the actor as a person and HUGE amounts of love for the character of Aragorn. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

It's a stormy day outside. Would love to sit around the fire (or in the corner) in the Prancing Pony with a mysterious ranger named STRIDER. :love:
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Maeggaladwen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:39 am

Maeg pulls her chair up near Meli's in front of the fire. With her hot cup of joe in hand she slips off her shoes and puts her toes near the warmth. What a cozy way to spend a rainy day. We can chat and be on "ranger watch" together. Pull up a chair Borin, this nice stone fireplace has room for many to gather 'round.
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:34 pm

Perhaps Borin has found him, Maeg. You know, she's a ranger now. Maybe she'll bring him here to us, so that we can all enjoy his company. Nothing like being with the heroic captain of the Dunedain, the Edainic King of Gondor and Arnor, Estel Elessar Telcontar.

Should we put another log on the fire? You never know when a range may pop up. :woah: :horse: :love:
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:01 pm

I have not found him yet... I've had the search party out all day.. but now I'm cold and tired so I'm going to join you all at the fire with a hot cup of coffee. I've left messages for him all over so hopefully he'll get one..

Swooning for the Ranger King...

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:57 pm

Well done, sister swooner. We'll find him one day, and when we do.......
:woah: =:) :D :happydance: :hug: :clap: :thumbsup: :love:

This is one of my most fave non-Aragorn pics. Breathe in the beauty of his magnificence and splendor. http://www.imag.us/x/estelcontar/Smallerpictures/m9895fv.jpg

Swooning for the man with the soul deep eyes that I could get lost in and never return from...............
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby IthilienRangerette » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:27 pm

Hello ladies!

Hope you are all doing well. We are digging out (yet again) up here in the (now) frozen Northeast. I just wish it had snowed a bit more so I could have stayed home and watched some movies. Maybe one set in a hot desert? ;)

If any of you do manage to find Strider I trust you will be good enough to share him with the rest of us! :D

btw - has any one heard any updates on Alatriste? I suppose it is too much to hope they might have it in the theaters here, but I keep hoping that we will, at least, be able to get it on DVD.

And Meli - I know I have never seen a bad picture of the V-man. As you said, there may be some I prefer, but I can't even imagine one in which he would not look ruggedly beautiful, especially with those eyes. :love:
Thanks for the wonderful picture! I actually had never seen that one before!

SWOOOOON for Strider sitting in the corner at the Prancing Pony!!!
IthilienRangerette
Rider of the Mark

Postby melianndoriath » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:18 pm

Alatriste is being released in the USA on Dec. 22nd 2006. Bet you a nickle my bottom will be in a theatre that night or soon thereafter seeing his magnificent self on the big screen. :love:

Try this site for some pics:http://www.livejournal.com/community/viggo_daily/

Meli waves to IR, Maeg, Borin and any others who have the good sense and great taste in men to ADORE Aragorn/Viggo
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Maeggaladwen » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:24 pm

Gotta love that "community" Meli! Great pics at the site! Thanks.

Hi IR! Glad to know you are still swooning up there in the great frozen north. :) Borin is chilled up there with you.

It was a cold blustery day here today... great day to take up that chair in front of the fire at the Prancing Pony again. Oh, if only real life would allow it.

SWOON!
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:31 pm

Same type of weather here too, Maeg. The cold wind makes the fire at the Prancing Pony,seated next to wonderful swoon-sisters and the scruffy yet sexy Strider.

Fill up my mug with warm mulled wine. Seat me near the fire, listening to Strider sing elvish songs of elder days. Let my eyes see the flicker of the firelight in his eyes. May my ears hear the oohs and aahs of Borin, Maeg and IR as they absorb the beauty of his melodious voice as it sings and tells tales of days long past.

Doesn't take much to get me there, Maeg. RL is the only thing that gets in my way.

Swooning for the ranger whom I never tire of.
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:37 am

Here is the Owner's Manual for Aragorn that I had spoken of: http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?STIDF=2365

Can't wait to get my hands on a "model" of my own!

It's the weekend and I'm looking for my ranger to go off into the wild with!! =:) :Q :horse:
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:43 am

Hi all... didn't have the money to send for my life-sized Ranger... the end of February is my birthday so I'm trying to talk my girls into buying me one for my birthday...

SWOONING on a Friday afternoon

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Maeggaladwen » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:04 am

It's not quite Februray yet, but I changed the name of the thread anyway. New Year's seems so long ago... and Valentine's isn't too far away. :heart: So here's to swooning with lots of :heart: during the month of love!

SW :heart: :heart: N!!
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:25 am

Great idea Maeg! Lots of :heart: here for our ranger/king.

Saturday swooning for the Lord and King of my heart.
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Maeggaladwen » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:19 am

Drippy Sunday SWOON for my Valentine Viggo. I have an excuse to stay in the house and moon over my man.
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:03 pm

And what a man he is!! :woah: :D :clap: :thumbsup: :happydance: :love:

V is for he's very very sexy,

i is for his intellect, so deep.

g is for his graciousness to others,

g is for his goodness, it's a heap!

o is for the only I adore!

Put them all together that spells VIGGO,
the one that I will love forevermore!!

Sunday swooning for the object of my obsession...Viggo/Aragorn.
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby IthilienRangerette » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:01 pm

Meli! Thanks for the awesome news!!!! :clap: I was very worried they might not release Alatriste in the US. I will go out of my way to see this one! In the meantime we have March 14th to look forward to. Well, that is if you enjoyed Viggo in A History of Violence. That is when the dvd comes out. I will definitely be adding it to my collection. :thumbsup:
And a very big THANKS for the link! That's a fabulous site with tons of delicious Viggo pictures!!! :love:

Hello Maeg! We had a bit of a thaw up here over the weekend, which was very nice. Sadly, though, it may snow again tomorrow. Do you suppose if I were to get a nice fire going and warm some cider that a Ranger might think to stop in and visit? Perhaps, as Meli suggested, he might sing a few tales for us? :wink: [I WISH!!!]

Hi Borin! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that your girls come through and get you your very own Ranger! :D

Have a great week everyone!

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN for the most handsome Ranger King EVER!!!!!
IthilienRangerette
Rider of the Mark

Postby melianndoriath » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:40 pm

Thanks for the info on the DVD release date of AHoV, IR. That'll be an early birthday gift to myself. :) Looking forward to spending more time with the V-man.

The kids at school are driving me (and the coaches, librarian and counselor) nuts. I need to go to Rivendell for some R&R. I'm not sure of the way. Is there a scruffy yet handsome ranger that knows how to get there? I'll have my bags packed in a moment, after I call the substitute.

Want to come along Maeg, Borin or IR?
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Maeggaladwen » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:11 pm

Hi IR. I believe a fire and hot cider should produce a ranger.. at least it seems logical, right? I also like Meli's idea of a restful visit to Rivendell. I've always wanted to visit the elves. Sorry your little orcs are being pests, Meli. Quite honestly, the kids are the only thing keeping me sane right now.

Mid-week SWOON! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby idril_celebrimbal » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:38 am

Good Day, good Day, all old and new swooners. :D My urge for Viggo-swooning grew so big when i opened an old e-mail I once got from one of the swooners on this thread (long story about TOS-violating pics and so on... =:) ) that I had to come in here and post a big swoon. How are you all? :) I'm doing well, though I miss TORC once in a while and especially you girls. :) Well, anyhow...

*The thought of Idril's day: Viggo is one of those men who just get sexier the older he gets, isn't he...?*

SWOOOOOONNNN for the best Ranger in the world

:love:
idril_celebrimbal
Mariner

Postby Maeggaladwen » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:24 am

Idril, sweet Idril, how we have missed you!! Thanks for popping in! And you are so right... Viggo does get better with age. And he is one of those men who also looks fantastic with long hair -- or short! I won't be picky. I'll take him any way I can get him! Don't stay away so long!
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:19 pm

Idril!!! It's so wonderful to see you!!! :hug: I'm so glad that you popped in and hope you will again!

Yes, the V-man, like a fine wine, gets better with age. (Would like to taste him now and a few months later to see if there's any change. :drink: )

Have you seen A History of Violence? Can't wait to have my own copy to watch over and over and over.

We'll have to have a party when Alatriste is released in the US. :clap: :happydance:

I am fine. Pretty much doing the same old same old. Am looking forward to seeing my grandkids this summer (in the Netherlands). Wouldn't it be great if I caught Viggo close by? Don't think I'd ever come back!!

Still swooning after all these years!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby melianndoriath » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:53 pm

Time for a swoon song to honor our dearest Gondorian King. May his Handsome Edainic Heroicness be pleased with this attempt.

(To the tune of Help! by the Beatles)

Help! I need a ranger!
Help! Not just any ranger!
Help!
I want the Dunadain.
Help!!

Now that I am a little bolder than before,
I want a ranger waiting for me at the door.
One who's a little dangerous and yet is true.
With scruffy beard, cleft chin and eyes of greenish blue.

Help me find a ranger if you can!
And I don't want an ordinary man.
With leather, sword and chain mail would be grand.
And he's got to be, at least for me, Ara- baa-by!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby Maeggaladwen » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:02 am

I feel helped, now that it's Saturday. :) Thanks for the song Meli. I can just hear you belting that thing out. All together now:

Help! I need a ranger!
Help! Not just any ranger!
Help!
Maeggaladwen
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives