Swoon: Three Centuries of Davidism

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Wed May 03, 2006 6:15 am

penGwyn wrote:Weren't we all hoping the Moth would have a larger part in the EE? Say, a scene where he fluttered down and landed on Faramir's gloved hand and they gazed at each other, to bring out the Captain's love of nature & Ithilien. As Gandalf's emissary, Moth could have flown ahead and flickered Wing Semaphor to tell the despairing men in retreat from Osgiliath that G the White was riding to the rescue. And then Moth could have had his (her?) very own Resist the Forces of Evil bit, when he/she/it led Pippin to the Pyre to save Our Hero and had to fight its own instinctive urge to fling self into the flames....

:lol: That's brilliant.

lhaewin - when will we ever vote for Faramir again?
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Wed May 03, 2006 8:13 am

Expanded role for the Moth? That is brilliant, PEN! Yes! the Moth summons Pippin to the Pyre. And in the wedding scenc, the criminaaly omitted wedding scene, he hovers above the kiss, antennae fluttering and tiny black eyes aglow. . . .

Where are we in our plans or MOME? I'm voting for the Moth this month and planned to vote for Faramir next month. But Wulffie wants votes for Eomer in June. And Lhaewin wants votes for Boromir in July or August.
Where does that leave Faramir--he must not be neglected for long!

Let's get coordinated!
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby Lhaewin » Wed May 03, 2006 8:23 am

It´s most important that Faramir wins September - for the obvious reason. So July could be another option, if that´s not too much to cope with for the other voters :roll: - and August for his brother?
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Thu May 04, 2006 7:30 am

Here's a link to some interviews and a trailer for "The Proposition" which may be new to some of us. Be warned: there's a rather weird commercial to be gotten through first.

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/82 ... ids_1.html
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri May 05, 2006 6:56 am

The show date for "Answered by Fire" has been announced--May 21 and 28.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=98902
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Fri May 05, 2006 10:42 am

Hi Folks -

Sorry to have been gone for so long. I was on vacation in Hawaii and had no desire to even know that the Internet was in existence. My aged cat was fine with the pet-sitter the whole time, but the president of my company wasn't. He resigned. It was front page news for two days in the SF Bay Area, but did any of my friends call me? Nope. They sent me email.

And now, to get back on topic ...

"Entertainment Weekly" put out their summer movies preview while I was gone. They had a blurb and a picture from "The Proposition!" DW wasn't mentioned, which I didn't have a problem with, since he seems to have a minor role. But this blurb does mean that "Proposition" will have a regular US release. I'm sure it will find its way to one of our independent film theaters. I guess I'll see it. It can't be as violent as "Sin City!"

Rosie, I love your new sig. Dave is looking more rugged as he ages, less boyish. That's fine wid' me.

And finally, Shameless Self Promotion

I finally, after almost two months, updated my story "Avoidance" on Stories of Arda. For those of you who are following along, here's the link:

http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=3626
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Fri May 05, 2006 5:37 pm

So, if one David hotness is multiplied by some factor of 5, then you will get a very great standard deviation of hotness, nonetheless revolving around an exponentially high mean,

oh.

Yes. What're we saying?

I didn't see anything about cats in SF Bay Area news... probably since I never read newspapers. I'm such a plague to the Newspaper kingdom.

However, I did read an entire newspaper two nights ago. But that is a rare occurence.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby AtinielofGondor » Sat May 06, 2006 5:04 am

Do you have seen the drop dead gorgoeous new pics of David on Daisy Daily?
Link to it: http://community.livejournal.com/daisy_ ... ml?#cutid1

I think, he looks very faramirish on it. *swoooons*
AtinielofGondor
Shield Bearer

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sat May 06, 2006 11:45 am

Yes, these pictures are about as outstanding as Colbert's White House Correspondants Dinner speech :shock:

It's like, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE WORLD?!?!? How can all this beautiful hotness suddenly explode, simultaneously with political upheaval and and ... it's all goin' CRAZY over here!

:oops:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby AtinielofGondor » Sun May 07, 2006 1:16 am

PoI, I love your new sig. *drools*
AtinielofGondor
Shield Bearer

Postby penGwyn » Mon May 08, 2006 3:50 pm

It is crazy, Phan. Perhaps we should regard the hotness as a beacon that reminds us to maintain hope in dark times.

With that as my excuse, thanks to Atiniel and PoI for the new green views of gorgeousity, and LadyStef for adding to "Avoidance." (Are there restrictions to commenting on fanfiction here?)

I've been sick for a week. I wonder if the Fazgul have long since established that there is an affliction known as the Red Breath. Or perhaps that's not such an unpleasant thing to Fall Under?

Anyway, a somewhat bronchitic swoooon for the ranger/captain/steward who never let his unhappiness extinguish his hope
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby LadyStefania » Mon May 08, 2006 9:05 pm

I would have been here sooner but my computer was a swooner this time. I love the new picture, but I wonder if it's recent. Looks more like an oldie from about when he would have been Faramir--2000 or so.

- L.Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Wed May 10, 2006 8:22 am

Comingsoon.net says that "300" will be released March 16, 2007. That is a Friday, which sounds right, but March? Way too early for a summer blockbuster release.

The six new pics are supposed to be an outdoor shoot, but the color of the leafy background seems too vivid to be real.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Thu May 11, 2006 3:50 am

sorry for long absence...internet troubles

so yeah I want June for EOMER because it's KU's b'day and happy to go with most voting blocks ( except elves..my dwarvish ancestry won't alllow it ;) )

but if you guys want the moth for this month and Faramir te next I will have to bow to your preferences..after all there is only so much I can do

Boromir too desrves a month.. so I'll go along with the majority

looking forward to 300...even thouh its so far away
have marked may 21 nad 28 off

now to work out how to use a video recorder :roll:
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Thu May 11, 2006 3:53 am

sh_wulff wrote:sorry for long absence...internet troubles

so yeah I want June for EOMER because it's KU's b'day and happy to go with most voting blocks ( except elves..my dwarvish ancestry won't alllow it ;) )

but if you guys want the moth for this month and Faramir te next I will have to bow to your preferences..after all there is only so much I can do

Boromir too desrves a month.. so I'll go along with the majority

looking forward to 300...even thouh its so far away
have marked may 21 nad 28 off

now to work out how to use a video recorder :roll:

Eomer for June then...and Boromir for July?
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Thu May 11, 2006 4:09 am

sounds fine..unless the Fazgul want to slip Faramir in July and leave August for Boromir's august presence

;)
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Thu May 11, 2006 4:20 am

sh_wulff wrote:sounds fine..unless the Fazgul want to slip Faramir in July and leave August for Boromir's august presence

;)

Well maybe - then we could vote Faramir again in September for David's birthday.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Thu May 11, 2006 1:01 pm

So we Fazgul vote Eomer for June, Faramir for July, Boromir forAugust, and Faramir again for September? Not to be greedy, but we have rather fallen off our standard of Faramir every other month :P
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Thu May 11, 2006 1:06 pm

meaningofhaste wrote:So we Fazgul vote Eomer for June, Faramir for July, Boromir forAugust, and Faramir again for September? Not to be greedy, but we have rather fallen off our standard of Faramir every other month :P

We were bullied into it. ;)
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby Autumnelf » Fri May 12, 2006 10:00 am

Just wante dto stop by and say that I had not one, but two dreams of meeting David last night. He's a wonderful person. At least he was in my dreams! :wink:
Autumnelf
Shield Bearer

Postby AtinielofGondor » Fri May 12, 2006 10:31 am

You're a lucky girl, Autumnelf.
AtinielofGondor
Shield Bearer

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Fri May 12, 2006 10:37 am

Autumnelf wrote:Just wante dto stop by and say that I had not one, but two dreams of meeting David last night. He's a wonderful person. At least he was in my dreams! :wink:

Are you not telling us what happened because it's not fit for our young ears?
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Fri May 12, 2006 3:37 pm

Love the new sig pic, PoI!!! David's looking great there! They do seem to be from a few years ago.

PG, I'd volunteer to fall under the Red Breath any old day! :)

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for 'minty fresh' David/ Faramir!! :heart:

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyStefania » Fri May 12, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi Fazguls -

I just got this weeks "Entertainment Weekly." Haven't read it yet, but there is an article on Nick Cave, who wrote the story on which "The Proposition" is based. Evidently the movie is good enough to warrant a promotional push, including a story in EW. I'll let you know if Dave is mentioned in it. EW hasn't published a review yet.

- Steff
LadyStefania
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Sat May 13, 2006 12:14 pm

Jo alerted me to this,, the new 300 video 5. David is shown swinging a sword around!! Forgive me if this has been posted already.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/feature5/

Also , the TV GUIDE channel had a little special about The Proposition. They didnt interview David but he ws in a lot of the clips!! I dont know if that means it will be on "on demand" or what.
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sat May 13, 2006 12:44 pm

Thanks PF.

Mind, I can't get it to work for me. :(
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby princessFaz » Sat May 13, 2006 1:00 pm

I had trouble at first too b/c I didnt have Quicktime 7 or whatever, but its a free upgrade! Its worth it. They may have caps at gb.net, I didnt check yet.
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby Lhaewin » Sat May 13, 2006 1:51 pm

Thank you, PFaz, I just watched it. :)
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sat May 13, 2006 2:04 pm

HAHA AWESOME! David kicking bum! Yes! He looked pretty fiesty, I'd say!

I could totally see David whipping out those martial arts moves with like ten guys surrounding him, ahahaha.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby penGwyn » Sat May 13, 2006 7:17 pm

David Wenham and Jackie Chan, together at last! They go undercover in Enter the Drag Queens! They knock down all and sundry in Fists of Fascination! They hire French maids in Dust--oh, never mind.

I haven't seen the video yet. What's a "bad public movie atom"?? A submolecular particle stands between me and the sight of Dilios, um, swinging his sword around? What a world, what a world.

Must try again on the other machine when I'm at "work"....
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives