Swoon: Three Centuries of Davidism

Oversized Fandom Threads are stored here. This forum is Read-Only

Postby penGwyn » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:48 pm

Special Forces men? Viet Nam war? Oh dear: I'm about ready to see the red hair featured in a story that doesn't involve shooting at (or throwing spears at) other people. But thanks, MOH, for the info.

princessFaz, I too ate too much for Easter. (It's so life-affirming.) I also watched too much TV. See, The Two Towers was on, but during the cavalcades of commercials, we'd switch channels to The Ten Commandments. A couple of our favorite parts were when the waters of the Red Sea rushed back to cover Pharaoh's chariots, and that burning Ent ran into the waves to douse the flames--and when E.G. Robinson tried to persuade all the Israelites that the fiery mountain was too dangerous for anyone to return from it, gollum, gollum, and they'd all better get together and make a preciouss golden calf.

Can't we insert Faramir into the Cecil B. DeMille spectacular somehow, so the networks will bring him back every Easter? The closest I could come was when Yul Brynner laid his plague-slain son on the knees of the Anubis idol and made a speech, and it was obviously time for Pippin to rush up screeching, "But he's not dead!"

--the verbose penGwyn, reflecting that her Easter basket would have to be mighty large to accommodate a chocolate egg with a whole Faramir inside
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Phantasmagoria » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:55 pm

Yeah, David's been coming in extremes lately. Either he's about absolute mediocrity (3$) or absolute savagery!
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby princessFaz » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:07 am

Pen - what a fabulous idea!! Get our lovely Faramir into 10 Commandments somehow and we are gauranteed to see him every Easter!! Moses does get to float down the river in a basket/boat...eerily reminiscent of Boromir.... :) (ok, so its reaching...)
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby SueB » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:59 pm

I love The Ten Commandments! It's so colorful and overblown, they don't make movies like that anymore. And Yul Brynner and John Derek ain't hard to look at, either...:D

I saw the Golden Calf prop at a movie exhibit once. It was smaller than I expected, and the body wasn't gold; it was painted to look like it was made of wooden planks, so the actors could look like they were hammering 'gold' plating onto it. It was pretty spiffy!

An LotR/ TC crossover would be pretty neat-heh! Don't know what part Faramir would play, as long as he rarely wears a shirt! :) (Guess he could be Joshua, who does go most of the movie shirtless). Frodo could be Moses... "Hmmm, guess I shouldn't have thrown the Ring into that burning bush...I think I made it mad..."

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir! :heart:

Sue :)
SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:59 am

SueB wrote:
An LotR/ TC crossover would be pretty neat-heh! Don't know what part Faramir would play, as long as he rarely wears a shirt! :)

Pharaomir?

SueB wrote:Frodo could be Moses... "Hmmm, guess I shouldn't have thrown the Ring into that burning bush...I think I made it mad..."

:lol:
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:03 am

I tried photoshopping Faramir's face on Yul Brynner's Pharaoh'd body but their faces were never at the same angle for the images I found. And Yul's facial dimensions are like so completely opposite David's, it just wouldn't work. :lol:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby penGwyn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:32 pm

It's a pity, Phan, but it was good of you to try. Hmm, a genetic recombination project to create a Yulvid Brynham . . . would he be bald? which eyes? which voice? No, perhaps it's best that they're fated to remain separate.

How about a colossal sandstone statue of bare-chested DW instead?

--penGwyn, thinking she might have the hang of the bold thing now
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Phantasmagoria » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:12 pm

The sandstone colossal statue must also have pupils of blue agate or some other blue stone or layering, piercing the skies with blueness for all of the days of man.

Female pilots in airplanes beware! The fates of your passengers are at stake! LOOK AWAY FROM THE SANDSTONE STATUE!
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby SueB » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:21 pm

Pharaomir-good one, PoI!!! :lol:

Thanks for trying anyway, Phaz I guess only Yul can be Yul.

I like the giant Faz statues with the agate eyes, PG!! I can imagine an awful lot of Fazguls spending all their time breaking the commandment about idolatry over it. Or maybe just licking it. :D

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for David/ Faramir!! :heart:

SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby penGwyn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:03 pm

Agreed, "Pharaomir"--c'est parfait, PoI. Or one might say, Pharaomir rules!

(Hastily lays in triple supply of Chapstick--sandstone is notoriously rough on the lips--and a parachute)
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby princessFaz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:13 pm

What does c'est parfait mean?
princessFaz
Ranger of the North

Postby penGwyn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:51 pm

Sorry--c'est parfait = it's perfect, or at least that's what I meant.

I was wondering--since Van Helsing was a bust, perhaps Pharaomir could pop up in the Mummy movie franchise. With his long-lost identical twin, Carl-hotep, an ancient Egyptian scientific genius who serves the priesthood of Thoth or some such god, without actually being part of the order, of course, so he can swear and whatnot. And he wouldn't be all swathed in friary cloaks, either.

swoooon for the versatile genius!
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby meaningofhaste » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:01 am

penGwyn wrote:Sorry--c'est parfait = it's perfect, or at least that's what I meant.

I was wondering--since Van Helsing was a bust, perhaps Pharaomir could pop up in the Mummy movie franchise. With his long-lost identical twin, Carl-hotep, an ancient Egyptian scientific genius who serves the priesthood of Thoth or some such god, without actually being part of the order, of course, so he can swear and whatnot. And he wouldn't be all swathed in friary cloaks, either.

swoooon for the versatile genius!

Right, PEN! No cloaks, just a loincloth--I believe the Egyptian upper classes wore a special sheer variety of linen. :twisted:
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby penGwyn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:40 am

ooo, yes.

"My name is OzymanDilios, king of kings,
Look on my 'works,' ye mighty, and despair!"
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby meaningofhaste » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:47 am

We ought to introduce Ugluk to this thread (poor boy!)
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:44 am

I just realised how few sig pics there are these days. Especially Faz -or his alter ego - ones. :(
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby Phantasmagoria » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:23 pm

PoI has a handsome signature.
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby SueB » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:13 pm

Ooo, love the new sig pic, PoI!!! He's lookin' mighty fine there!

I'm afraid I'll have to lay off the PM for a while, due to financial fun-n-games. Hopefully I can rev it up again once things settle down!

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON for His Fineness, David/ Faramir!! :heart:

SueB
Ranger of the North

Postby penGwyn » Mon May 01, 2006 6:21 pm

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou, PoI, for that vision in brown!
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby melianndoriath » Mon May 01, 2006 7:05 pm

Just wanted to pop in and thank you gals for voting for Aragorn in the Man of Middle earth poll. :hug:

Come on over to "our house". We're getting ready to have a party and would love to raise a glass to you as well as one to honor Ara-baby. :drink:

Meli
melianndoriath
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Tue May 02, 2006 12:56 am

melianndoriath wrote:Just wanted to pop in and thank you gals for voting for Aragorn in the Man of Middle earth poll. :hug:

Come on over to "our house". We're getting ready to have a party and would love to raise a glass to you as well as one to honor Ara-baby. :drink:

Meli

I'm there - never one to pass on a party. :)

Hope some of the others will join me when they get out of their pits.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby sh_wulff » Tue May 02, 2006 4:54 am

hey Fazgul

can I ask for some backing for next MOM...June for Eomer

it's KU's b'day and he gets s00000 neglected

counting daze down until answered by fire

ETA a small snippet re the above
sh_wulff
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Tue May 02, 2006 5:41 am

sh_wulff wrote:hey Fazgul

can I ask for some backing for next MOM...June for Eomer

it's KU's b'day and he gets s00000 neglected

counting daze down until answered by fire

ETA a small snippet re the above

Why not this month?

I'm not voting for The Moth just to appease Ugluk (bless him).
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Tue May 02, 2006 7:22 am

Good idea. POI!. Let's alternate the Moth with Eomer, and reserve June for the man.
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby PrincessOfIthilien » Tue May 02, 2006 7:46 am

meaningofhaste wrote:Good idea. POI!. Let's alternate the Moth with Eomer, and reserve June for the man.

Ah, unless Wulffie wants June for Karl's birthday?

Wulffie....quick, tell us.
PrincessOfIthilien
Ranger of the North

Postby meaningofhaste » Tue May 02, 2006 9:11 am

Well, I am indulging Ugluk by voting for the Moth and can't go back on that (one has one's standards after all), but I can certainly vote for Eomer on alternate days. It would be intersting to see the results, as one or two steady voters can swing the "election."

Wulffie, if you are set on June for Eomer, I will dump Faramir :(
meaningofhaste
Ranger of the North

Postby lucidity » Tue May 02, 2006 7:04 pm

Karl's birthday is in June. In the Karl thread she was asking us to vote him in for that month.
:)
lucidity
Shield Bearer

Postby Phantasmagoria » Tue May 02, 2006 9:06 pm

meaningofhaste wrote:Wulffie, if you are set on June for Eomer, I will dump Faramir :(

That sounds really sinister... :oops: :( :shock:
Phantasmagoria
Shield Bearer

Postby penGwyn » Wed May 03, 2006 4:48 am

Weren't we all hoping the Moth would have a larger part in the EE? Say, a scene where he fluttered down and landed on Faramir's gloved hand and they gazed at each other, to bring out the Captain's love of nature & Ithilien. As Gandalf's emissary, Moth could have flown ahead and flickered Wing Semaphor to tell the despairing men in retreat from Osgiliath that G the White was riding to the rescue. And then Moth could have had his (her?) very own Resist the Forces of Evil bit, when he/she/it led Pippin to the Pyre to save Our Hero and had to fight its own instinctive urge to fling self into the flames....
penGwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lhaewin » Wed May 03, 2006 5:56 am

penGwyn wrote:Weren't we all hoping the Moth would have a larger part in the EE? Say, a scene where he fluttered down and landed on Faramir's gloved hand and they gazed at each other, to bring out the Captain's love of nature & Ithilien. As Gandalf's emissary, Moth could have flown ahead and flickered Wing Semaphor to tell the despairing men in retreat from Osgiliath that G the White was riding to the rescue. And then Moth could have had his (her?) very own Resist the Forces of Evil bit, when he/she/it led Pippin to the Pyre to save Our Hero and had to fight its own instinctive urge to fling self into the flames....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
PenGwyn, please, can you email me at Lhaewin@yahoo.de?

I´d like to vote for the Moth because I think it´s a funny idea. And can we go for Boromir in July or August, pretty please?
Lhaewin
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom Archives