The 4th Age of The One Ring Begins - Version 4.0 Launches

Head on in to read up and comment on all Tolkien and Lord of the Rings news that's not related to the books or movies.

The 4th Age of The One Ring Begins - Version 4.0 Launches

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 20, 2000 1:00 am

We started planning in October. We got your ideas back in November. We started programming in December.<P>

<P>

Version 4.0 clocks in with: <P>

<P>

50,000+ lines of custom written code.<BR>
17 MySQL databases.<BR>
Several thousand hours of coding by 3 programmers.<P>

We think you'll all enjoy the cool new features we've built into The One Ring now... especially <A HREF="http://www.theonering.com/enthusiast/index.cfm">The Registry</A>--a members area which will be expanding considerably in the next few weeks as we continually launch new features. Soon you'll be able to update The One Ring with your own news, your own images, and your own writings!<P>

If the caffeine has gotten to us and we didn't get all the bugs out, <B><I>PLEASE</I></B> let us know at <A HREF="mailto:info@theonering.com">info@theonering.com</A>.<P>

We truly know and believe that there are many things we can do with this new technology we've created that have never been done on any websites before.<P>

Stay tuned!

What do you guys think?

Postby Ted » Mon Mar 20, 2000 8:30 pm

<p>Tell me what you think? Did we do a good job. Where would you make improvements?<P>

Ted</p>
Ted Tʃopp (Tschopp) | टेड चप | Тэд Тшёп | ثڍودور تشوب | Թէտ Չըփ | Ted Çeöp | தெட் சுப்
LinkedIn | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Ted
Ranger of the North

What do you guys think?

Postby Ted » Mon Mar 20, 2000 8:30 pm

<p>Tell me what you think? Did we do a good job. Where would you make improvements?<P>

Ted</p>
Ted Tʃopp (Tschopp) | टेड चप | Тэд Тшёп | ثڍودور تشوب | Թէտ Չըփ | Ted Çeöp | தெட் சுப்
LinkedIn | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Ted
Ranger of the North

Best Tolkien Site

Postby Thorondor » Tue Mar 21, 2000 9:11 pm

<p>Well, I've mentioned this so many times, and I think that "Best Tolkien Site" pretty much covers it! I have not encountered any major problems. Most of those were mentioned by others on the messageboards, so check there. Other thatn that, everything seems slick!</p>
Thorondor
Ranger of the North

Best Tolkien Site

Postby Thorondor » Tue Mar 21, 2000 9:11 pm

<p>Well, I've mentioned this so many times, and I think that "Best Tolkien Site" pretty much covers it! I have not encountered any major problems. Most of those were mentioned by others on the messageboards, so check there. Other thatn that, everything seems slick!</p>
Thorondor
Ranger of the North

Re: The 4th Age of The One Ring Begins - Version 4.0 Launche

Postby Ted » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 pm

What version of the site are you guys on now?

Ted
Ted
Ranger of the North

Re: The 4th Age of The One Ring Begins - Version 4.0 Launche

Postby Jonathan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:02 pm

7 I think...
Jonathan
Servant of the Secret Fire

Return to Community News