The Lord of the Rings Trilogy In Concert- Costume help

The Hobbit is in production as 3 separate films, and will be released 1 year apart, with the first due December 2012. Head in to discuss your thoughts and reactions, and post any questions you might have about these films.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy In Concert- Costume help

Postby nobelmaidenarwen » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:03 pm

As many of you probably know, Lincoln Center is going to be showing The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, complete with full orchestra. My boyfriend in involved in the production and would like me to attend in costume. I'm going on Saturday and I need a costume. Does anyone know where I can find an Arwen costume on such short notice? Normally, I'd just make one myself, but as I only have a week, there's no way I'd be able to finish in time.

Thank you so much!
nobelmaidenarwen
Petitioner to the Council

Re: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy In Concert- Costume help

Postby Old_Begonia » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:00 am

Hmm....not sure this is in the right forum, but then I don't know where else it could go...

I don't know what your budget is, but if this was me, I'd first check costume shops to find something suitable. In my opinion, the costume should include some head jewelry, that seems to be a favorite of the elves. And, with the weather likely to be a tad chilly, a cloak of some kind, velvet is warm and drapes nicely, but ideally should be lined.

Have fun!
"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen."

There is something profound about standing AT sea level.
Old_Begonia
"Old"...hmpf, if they only knew...

Return to Movies - The Hobbit