Extended DVD Release date confusion

The Hobbit is in production as 3 separate films, and will be released 1 year apart, with the first due December 2012. Head in to discuss your thoughts and reactions, and post any questions you might have about these films.

Extended DVD Release date confusion

Postby original wombat » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:47 am

Hi. Does anyone know when the battle of the five armies extended dvd is coming out in the UK
It wasn't out this morning in my local supermarket. Amazon says it's out next mondayt (23rd). Most other sites are saying it's tomorrow (17th) and on message board some people have already got it.

Bit confused ??
original wombat
Citizen of Imladris

Re: Extended DVD Release date confusion

Postby lotrjw » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:29 am

You can bet if other places are releasing it early Amazon will release earlier too, I expect the people who have it already aren't in the UK!
lotrjw
Citizen of Imladris

Postby lotrjw » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:25 am

My BluRay for The Hobbit the Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition arrived today after Amazon dispatched it yesterday, I had a feeling it would come a little earlier than planned.
original wombat has yours been dispatched yet?
lotrjw
Citizen of Imladris

Postby original wombat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:56 am

lotrjw wrote:My BluRay for The Hobbit the Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition arrived today after Amazon dispatched it yesterday, I had a feeling it would come a little earlier than planned.

No, I didn't order mine over the internet (and we don't get post on sundays over here anyway) I'm going to pick it up tomorrow in the shops
original wombat
Citizen of Imladris

Postby lotrjw » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:19 pm

original wombat wrote:
lotrjw wrote:My BluRay for The Hobbit the Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition arrived today after Amazon dispatched it yesterday, I had a feeling it would come a little earlier than planned.

No, I didn't order mine over the internet (and we don't get post on sundays over here anyway) I'm going to pick it up tomorrow in the shops

I see Well normally we dont get post on a Sunday where I am, but Amazon logistics are very unusual, Royal Mail usually only do Sunday deliveries 2-3 weeks before Christmas because of the extra load, but its still November so that wont happen yet! I havent been able to see mine yet but will watch later this evening/night. Hope you enjoy when you get yours.
lotrjw
Citizen of Imladris

Postby original wombat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:25 am

lotrjw wrote:
original wombat wrote:

I see Well normally we dont get post on a Sunday where I am, but Amazon logistics are very unusual, Royal Mail usually only do Sunday deliveries 2-3 weeks before Christmas because of the extra load, but its still November so that wont happen yet! I havent been able to see mine yet but will watch later this evening/night. Hope you enjoy when you get yours.

just watched the movie, enjoyed a lot :)
original wombat
Citizen of Imladris

Postby lotrjw » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:40 am

original wombat wrote:just watched the movie, enjoyed a lot :)

Yes definite improvements over the theatrical version!
lotrjw
Citizen of Imladris

Postby original wombat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 am

I thought so. Somehow Bilbo's leaving at the end had more emotional impact
original wombat
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Movies - The Hobbit