What server are you on, and who's your character?

Are you involved in Turbine's Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game? Talk about your experiences and more in here!

What server are you on, and who's your character?

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:30 am

I'm on Windfola, as Elrandir, an Elf Minstrel, currently Level 6. I just left the starting area and can now, I think, get around Eriador. I have a horn, on which I can play most diatonic melodies. Hooray! :D

I'd love company there, if anyone's about.
Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 am

Sorry, I'm on Landroval (which is apparently an unofficial RPG server). Have a hobbit named Boffo and a dwarf named Glibli. If people are interested in a fuller immersion, with lots of mature players, many of whom know the lore quite well (well, some of whom), then this might be the server for you

-Mother Maiar
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby motorwife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:27 pm

I'm on Elendilmir with an elf named Niphrediel. Level 9. So far I'm having a blast even though I'm frequently frustrated because I've never played a computer game like this before.

Mother Maiar, I may have to create another character and occasionally join you on Landroval. I would love to hang with mature players, being well into my forties myself.

I think it would be great to have a TORC group playing together.
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:32 am

I found a great Kinship on Windfola called the House of Blackrock. They're not big RP'ers, but they've got a really mature attitude, and they love helping each other. Let me know if you'd like more information!
Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:14 am

motorwife,

You should definitely do it! Let me know what your name is/ will be on Landroval, and we'll see if we can start a TORC kinship of sorts. Perhaps "Elderly but mighty" will be our group name? :) (Not saying you're elderly, but it may be fun. I've decided to go for an elderly look to my characters though). I, personally, am not even in my tweens yet, being 27 years of age, but am married, mature, hold a respectable job, and have been in love with Tolkien lore since my early years. Its good to have a group of people with full and developed lives, as the demands of adulthood are not always understood by some of the younger players who are on 13 hours a day......

NOTE: I will not, however, be venturing out of the starter instance until around April 15th, as I am waiting for a higher-end computer to arrive. As it stands, I can barely play this on even the lowest settings.

-Mother maiar
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby motorwife » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Ok Mother M ! Landroval it is. I'll also be inviting my sister, another Tolkien fanatic. Now I just have to decide on a character and name.

Amphiaraus Bis will you be joining us?
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:24 am

My Kinship is on Elendilmir, but if a bunch of TORCers are going to be starting up a kinship on Landroval I will sure be up for that. I need to create another character on another server anyway. I only am able to play at night after 9pm EST (Kids go to bed some time around there). I don't know how much time I could devote to a TORC kinship with my main kinship, but this game is so great I will play it any time I can. :P
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby motorwife » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:24 am

My main character is also Elendilmir but I'm hoping we can all join Mother Maiar on Landroval and get a TORC kinship going. Something with no pressure to level quickly, where we just enjoy playing the game when we can.

I'll be out of town until next week. I'll check back then and see what's going on.
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby oldslow&stupid » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:26 am

I have a level 15 Elf Hunter named Celebrindan that can build some serious Rowan and Ash bows and crossbows, he also holds the single use recipe for Middle-earth's only Smooth Ash Crossbow.
I also have a level 10 man that is an Armorer, named Borigond.
He has some enhanced recipes for Medium Armor (level 7) that offer some nice trait bonuses.
I play on the Silverlode server and am a member of the Kinship Clan of Dereth. a large, somewhat 'unwieldy' group of vocal funseekers.
I'm looking to create a SMALL (20 or so) Kinship or network of those willing to barter (not so much 'give away') and balance each other.

Has anyone else found any of the easter eggs yet?
oldslow&stupid
Shield Bearer

Postby vincent » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:15 pm

My server is Gladden, and my name is Vincente.
vincent
Ranger of the North

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:06 pm

A TORC kinship on Landroval, in my opinion, would promise an enjoyable experience. We've got Elladan and motorwife on board. Now all we've got to do is settle on a name, Elladan and motorwife have to create a character/ characters on Landroval (I've got a hobbit guardian as a main and a dwarf guardian as a secondary - I like the visual appeal of great armour..., so if you wanted to start out playing together (I'm probably starting on April 10th or 11th), you could think of picking similar races. Anyway, this all can be discussed in the other thread.

-Mother Maia
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Starshadow » Wed May 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Level 48 Elven Huntress named Sinuviel on Silverlode - and am an officer in the Last Alliance of Arda kinship.
Starshadow
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed May 30, 2007 1:47 pm

Starshadow wrote:Level 48 Elven Huntress named Sinuviel on Silverlode - and am an officer in the Last Alliance of Arda kinship.

Starshadow!! Its great to see you here!! Well done on level 48! You're way ahead of me. Elrosar on Elendilmir is level 27 almost 28, and Calimahir on Landroval is level 10, Falsco on Landroval is 12, and I have a few other alts in the single digits. I just can't find enough time in the day to play as much as I would like too.

Its good to see you though. :) Check us out on Landroval if you want to roll an alt there. :)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Jiyadan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:08 pm

Landroval! Ooh I'm in I'm in!

(i'm a late start, I just, JUST got the game this last weekend. :oops: )

But is already in love. I have a piccy of my character sitting in a chair beside the huge fireplace in the Comb & Waddle Inn in Combe. I set it as my desktop.
Jiyadan
Ranger of the North

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Update:

Our TORC-founded kinship has grown large and prosperous in the Landroval realm. We even have a wonderful kinship hall. For more information, see our official TORC-hosted site at: www.theonering.com/kinship

Best,
Chief Boffo Proudbottom
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Jhaerlyn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:39 am

WOW! I'd completely lost touch with ALL of this :(

I hate moving ;)

Anyway, I've been playing on ...the wrong server this WHOLE TIME??? just kidding .. i'm happy on windfola ...but I'm thinking about creating a character on Landroval just to get reconnected with the RP crowd ... It's too hard to try and rp on windfola since the ... how do I put it nicely ... ok well, people ... there most seem to think that rp is a disease: you either have it or you don't ... and most consider themselves immune :D

anyway... I think I'll be checking the kin out ;) thanks for posting this!
Jhaerlyn
Shield Bearer

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 am

Look forward to seeing you Jhaerlyn! Once you get on the server, look for Boffo, Everfast, Athelian, Nogg, Evanya, Adrien, Calimahir or anyone else who is on the roster list of our main page.

Best,
Chief Boffo Proudbottom
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby tome » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:58 am

I am thinking about getting this game, but that means I have to cancel my WoW account or trasfer my toons to my wife's account.

Can any of you give me a quick contrast/comparison between LOTRO and WoW?

I will definitely get on Landroval if possible.
tome
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Infinitely better than WoW, more mature, fewer people with names like "dudewherezmykarr1234!!11"

-GM
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:06 am

Gandalf'sMother wrote:Infinitely better than WoW, more mature, fewer people with names like "dudewherezmykarr1234!!11"

Yeah, that name was taken when I was creating my character so I chose "dudewherezmykarr1234!!12". :wink:

Seriously, my primary character is named Curulinde. He's a level 50 Elven minstrel. I play on the Landroval server.

I've never played WoW, but I did play EQ for four years. LOTRO is vastly superior as a game, and the opportunity to adventure in Middle-earth is something I've wanted to do for a very long time.

LOTRO is getting better all the time with more and more content and more player-friendly features. Before you do anything drastic, however, you may want to obtain a trial account to determine whether or not you want to make the switch.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby tome » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:28 pm

That is what I will do, Tom, thank you.

I have a high level pvp warlock that I don't want to dismiss quite yet.
tome

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:03 am

I was thinking of Boffo's amusing example of what we used to call 'dewd' names back in EQ last night when I crossed paths with an individual named 'Goatpunishment'. I suppose these people think it's amusing, but the message those type of names send to me is: "DO NOT FELLOWSHIP WITH ME!'. :woah:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Baruk Khazad » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:04 am

I'm a lvl 44 dwarf min on Arkenstone, but I see a lot of you are on Landroval! I've thought about rolling a character on that server but I heard it was too crowded. Maybe I'll do it anyway. :)
Baruk Khazad

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:15 am

Well if two is company and three is a crowd, then yes, Landroval is crowded. Seriously, I don't find it crowded at all, although Bree is often a very busy place. I'd imagine that's true on the other servers as well.

I think you'd really like Landroval. There's even a kinship named Baruk Khazad in your honour. :wink:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Baruk Khazad » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Haha I'm a seneschel in Baruk Khazad on Arkenstone! :D
Maybe I'll give it a go!
Baruk Khazad

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:37 am

Oh, very nice. Seneschel, eh! I expect you've got a palace and fine clothes and courtiers and plenty of food. And how d'you get that? By exploiting the workers! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the social and economic differences in our society! :x

That doesn't come with a 401K plan by any chance does it? :wink:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Baruk Khazad » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:51 pm

Haha actually I just help out fellow cooks and provide food and ale for our crazy parties. :wink:
I do have a pretty sweet deluxe house though. 8)
Baruk Khazad

Postby Theomir » Tue May 13, 2008 12:40 pm

I'm playing on Landroval with my level 20 Elf Minstrel Malawe Lifesinger.

Hopefully the kinships still going, I haven't really checked yet as i want to play out the full trial before subbing but it's really the reason i'm playing on Landroval otherwise i would go download the european version of the game but oh well.
Theomir

several mostly on Landroval

Postby oakenstaff » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:28 am

Well this is interesting. I used to be on Nimrodel, but have moved to or created characters on Landroval. I'd love to hang with some TORC folks!

My characters are:
Oakenwulf lvl 45 Burglar/Scholar (used to be Oakenstaff, but that was taken on Landroval)
Oakenrod lvl 37 Hunter/Explorer
Oakenleaf lvl 18 Lore Master/Armsman

My interest is primarily JRRT and his world, not so much a gamer. When I play I find myself reading more about JRRT, then I stop playing for a while. But then my reading draws me back into the game... a vicious cycle!

I'm in a kinship now, and they are a very nice and respected group. However they are only marginally interested in JRRT, and I rarely spend time questing with them - more the fault of my wacky schedule/availability then their welcome.

Cheers!
oakenstaff

Postby Athelian » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:54 am

Oakenstaff...have you visited our kinship website? It's just the next section over!

All TORCers are welcome to join The Servants Of The Secret Fire on Landroval.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar