Landroval, which has been described and touted as an unofficial RPG server, is, IMO, the place to be, and the place to form a kinship based on a shared TORC experience, light roleplaying, and slightly less of a hardcore gaming ethic in terms of time spent (I have to work and I love my wife!). There will be a plethora of lore appropriate names, lore appropriate talk, and a whole host of hobbits playing with their boots turned off, so you can see their big wooly feet! Also, less worrying about characters named "orliiloveu2007*!" streaking across the screen. Landroval is also expected to be smaller than some of the other servers in terms of players, thus giving it less of a whacked out industrial age population level which kicks you out of Middle Earth a bit (that may, however, change after wide release). I have joined, and will be venturing into the non-instanced world on April 11, 12, or 13th (as soon as my new computer arrives).
I have a male hobbit guardian named Boffo
(unusually arrogant for a hobbit, but justified by some Bullroarer blood in him) and a male dwarf named Glibli
(a bit of a charmer, as dwarves go). If people are interested in a fuller immersion, then this might be the server for you.
First order of business.
1) Choose a kinship name (post your ideas, and then perhaps there will be a vote)
2) Decide on the level of roleplaying there should be. Always in character, or just generally informed by LOTR, but not always in character
3) The adoption of non TORC members in the future. This is important, as you will meet non TORCers on this server who may be very much appropriate for the kinship. If desired, we could ask applicants to sign onto the boards and use it as a kinship talking space (which could also help Jon and Ted increase traffic)
. This should be discussed.
4) Communication. This board can serve as the prime space for talk. Alternatively, if people want to speak via skype and other mediums ouside of teh game world, they can opt into that, but are not required to share personal contact info. This can be discussed.
Aside from this, the only strict requirement there should be, IMO, is that the kinship treat the occasional players who sign on for either short periods each day, or only a few times a week, with not only respect, but with a real helping hand. In other words, since some play less, those who play more should be ready to help with quests, help with issues of gameplay, and help with tools and equipment, whether it be giving someone an unwanted weapon, or just a pat on the back for moral support..... I also think it may be a good idea to settle on being a bridge-building kinship, meaning that we should form fellowships and frienships with other noble-minded kinships, in the spirit of Tolkien's world. As such, I would encourage, although it would be difficult to enforce, a kinship made of characters (if you're going to be a character) that are generally of good intentions. In other words, no sleazeballs and no sexual harassment (although if you want, you can form friendships and even intimate friendships, as long as you do so in a tasteful manner, and keep certain talk in private chat.....) I, personally, am happily married, and will be playing for escapist fun of the clean kind. Tolkien-fun, basically.
And then, finally, after all the above dust is settled, I will start the kinship (which as of now I have no idea how to do, so I could use some help there).
So, now that all pleasantries have been set aside, "Who's with me!?"
EDIT: Here's what we have so far (I also welcome the inclusion of crafting information here):
1. Boffo: Hobbit Guardian
- Armoursmith - TORC name: Gandalf'sMother
2. Glibli: Dwarf Guardian
- ? -TORC name: Gandalf'sMother
3. Freoric: Human Captain
- ?-TORC name: Amphiaraus Bis
4. Athelian: Human Guardian
- ?-TORC name: motorwife
5. Elladan's character: Hobbit Burglar
- ?-TORC name: Elladan_Elfhelm
6. Evanya: Elf Hunter
- ?-name: motorwife's sister
7. Gaal: Dwarf Champion
-?-name: motorwife's husband
8. Theod: Human-?-?-TORC name: Ted
9. Luindir: Elf Guardian
-?-TORC name: Old Bombadil
10. Brockwine: Human Guardian
-?-TORC name: Old Bombadil