Run to Rivendell

Are you involved in Turbine's Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game? Talk about your experiences and more in here!

Run to Rivendell

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:35 am

Last night, my kinship on Windfola made the dangerous run to Rivendell. (Only one part is really dangerous, climbing out of the Fords of Bruinen and into Imladris Vale.)

Aragorn, in the Great Hall:

Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby HELMHAMMERHAND » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:49 am

I tried this and you were right.

I also though that as my sixteenth level 'Man of the Dale' Captain ahd alot of problem with the bird popluation on the summit of Amon-Sul. More commonly known as WetherTop.

So I decided not to try an stay up there.

Like you said, AFTER crossing the Fords of Bruinien...

The bears and giant buzzies that are strategically placed on that path climbing away from the Ford of Bruinein. I though this abit much after the long journey through the Lone-lands and sticking to the path through out the entire first half of the trip through the Troll-Moors.

Another thing that sort of made me look twice. Was at the Horse stables located in the Troll Moors ( Just a turn left about half way between the last bridge and the fords themselves.) as Elrond two sons Elrohir and the other guy. Both roasting the leg of some animal on spit. Now, they just might be cooking these for the dwarves or the other humans. Though I still doubt very much that Elves would even tolerate the eating of animal flesh in their realms let laone be actualley eating animal-flesh themselves.

Unless, I have missed point somewhere.

Kudos to art/graphic design team acheived on the background and foreground landscape and particully on this part of the map. it's look of great old painting that has so far as not been included in other online RPG's such as even Everquest Two.

Keep up the good work there.
Last edited by HELMHAMMERHAND on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
HELMHAMMERHAND
Ranger of the North

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:42 pm

HELMHAMMERHAND wrote:Elrond two sons Elrohir and the other guy. Both roasting the leg of some animal on spit. Now, they just might be cooking these for the dwarves or the other humans. Though I still doubt very much that Elves would even tolerate the eating of animal flesh in their realms let laone be actualley eating animal-flesh themselves.

What makes you think that Elves don't enjoy a bite of meat every now and then? Thranduil's folk hunted deer in The Hobbit. It is also mentioned in The Silmarillion that Thingol's folk hunted. Elves do not live on Lembas alone. :P
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby HELMHAMMERHAND » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:21 am

Well if the official erudites here, say so.

I guess I can't argue with that. I was just going by what I know about Elves in general. Like there is a reason why they are such long lived and youthful looking. A healthy diet, might be the partial reason for this.

The eating meat, I beleive may lead down the path of cannibalism which is practiced by Orcs.

So, that was my original reasoning.

Anyway, I noticed that Elrohir and his twin brother do have more beefy look to them becuse of their diet.

Otherwise, I'm not going to take this any further and make a bigger deal out of it than I already have.
Last edited by HELMHAMMERHAND on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HELMHAMMERHAND
Ranger of the North

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:33 am

The Elves' virtual immortality (they do not suffer disease, nor do they die due to the degenerative effects of age) has nothing to do with healthful living habits, and everything to do with the way they were created. It is an essential part of their being, just as Man's relatively short lifespan is wholey attributed to "The Gift of Ilúvatar".

For more information, read The Silmarillion. You might also be interested in visting The Books forum on this messageboard. :)
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Return to The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar