The Best Conversation with a GM I have ever had

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

The Best Conversation with a GM I have ever had

Postby Rorgloin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:24 pm

TICKET: Oh mighty Valar, my fellowship is venturing into Lumul-nar. We defeated frost-tail, the great king of the wargs but have encountered difficulty. His treasure chest contains a helm that I wish to wear, but the chest will not allow me to loot it. The others in my party CAN open the chest, but I cannot. This helm is truly magnificent-I desire it greatly and feel already that it is . . . precious to me- so I ask that you destroy whatever evil is keeping it from me. I have the honour to remain Yours truly, Rorgloin Ironshield Landroval P.S. I appologise for not placing this ticket under the appropriate category. It would not accept it under items-bugs.

+Algar+ tells you, 'Greetings, Rorgloin! I am a Game Master for The Lord of the Rings Online In-Game Support and will be with you momentarily. You can reply to my messages by typing /r and entering your message.'
You tell +Algar+, 'Oh Mighty Valar Algar, the nefarious chest will not surrender the helm Tolochar to me!'
Absente tells you, 'I ran a MERP/RM game for years, until I got burnt out on coming up with weekly adventures.'
+Algar+ tells you, 'Are you still near said chest?'
You tell +Algar+, 'I participated in the great battle and helped slay the mighty beast. I left to repair my armour as it was severely damaged and was not able to take it when I returned. Yes, I am.'
You say, 'Open in the name of the Valar! Algar, hear my plea! Open this mighty chest for me!'
Admin communication in chat log.
+Algar+ tells you, 'What happens when you try to open the chest?'
You do not have permission to use that.
Oafus: 7k bats
You tell +Algar+, 'I am informed that I do not have permission to use it.'
You tell +Algar+, 'What does that mean?'
+Algar+ tells you, 'It usually means you were not in the instance when it was completed.'
You tell +Algar+, 'I helped slay the mighty warg and was present when it fell beneath our blades.'
Oafus: ?
+Algar+ tells you, 'What is the name of the quest that you had to slay this vile beast?'
You tell +Algar+, 'I can have Lord Oafus and Pachacamac the leg-gnawer testify to my veracity.'
You tell +Algar+, 'It was not a quest. We slew him during our search for the gift of Gorothul (II 8 3)'
Oafus: ror?
You tell +Algar+, 'Frost-tail'
You tell +Algar+, 'In Lumul-nar.'
SILENCE! I am meditating and speaking with Algar, the Valar!
[Fellowship] Oafus: is he going to help us?!
[To Fellowship] SILENCE! Do not question the divine!
[To Fellowship] If this does not work we can use a word of command from the Proudbottom.
[Fellowship] Oafus: well get his but down gere if he is coming
+Algar+ tells you, 'Please give me a moment.'
You tell +Algar+, 'I do no supose you could give me the ability to use those word of command things that Thorin's wizard use to use, could you?'
You tell +Algar+, 'Ah, yes, a moment.'
[Fellowship] Oafus: *butt
[To Fellowship] Are you sure I should tell HIM that?
[To Fellowship] Lord Oafus, do you think that wise?
[Fellowship] Oafus: don't make me come up there....
+Algar+ tells you, 'Were you defeated in battle when the warg fell?'
You tell +Algar+, 'Let me consult the mighty Lord Oafus of the Oaf House of Rohan. He will remember. I did collapse in despair, I do not know whether I did so before or after we slew the beast.'
+Algar+ tells you, 'This problem usually only happens when you are too far from the boss or too far from the chest when it is first opened.'
[To Fellowship] Did I collapse in despair BEFORE we slew the Warg, Lord Oafus?
[To Fellowship] SPEAK!
[To Fellowship] WITH HASTE!
[To Fellowship] A Vala is not a force to trifle with.
[Fellowship] Oafus: not sure if you had revived or not
You tell +Algar+, 'I was not there when they opened the chest for the first time. Did this aggrivate a great evil within the chest?'
[Fellowship] Oafus: but i think you did die prior to slaying, though you were alive during and after fight
You tell +Algar+, 'Lord Oafus states that I collapsed moments before the beast fell.'
+Algar+ tells you, 'Unfortunately, the chest is bound to those close to it once the beast is defeated.'
[Fellowship] Oafus: not sure if you were DEAD WHEN he died though
+Algar+ tells you, 'If you were not close by you will not be able to open it.'
+Algar+ tells you, 'I am unable to change this. I am sorry.'
You tell +Algar+, 'Then I beg of you to use your divine powers to command it to give me the helm.'
+Algar+ tells you, 'I cannot. I am very sorry.'
You tell +Algar+, 'You will not give it to me? Algar! We hates it forever! Hates it forever! (Thank You for trying to assist me. I appreciate it regardless. Is there anyone who CAN fix this?)'
[Fellowship] Oafus: i kind of recall you may have beeb running back when he died
+Algar+ tells you, '(For any instance it works this way. If you are defeated and your fellowship opens the chest when you are too far away, you will not be able to loot it.)'
You tell +Algar+, 'I demmand to converse with your superior, Eru Iluvatar.'
[Fellowship] Eerowynne: are you coming?
[Fellowship] Oafus: because you were urging us on to kill him...which we had not considered prior to your suggestion
Yngveld has come online.
You tell +Algar+, '(Is there no way for me to get that helm? We were fighting that warg for several hours and I doubt we will be able to kill him again)'
+Algar+ tells you, 'I hold no hate for you, dear dwarf. There are some things that even we cannot repair.'
You tell +Algar+, 'But Eru Iluvatar can. Honourabl Boffo Proudbottom has told me of Eru and of his power over everything.'
+Algar+ tells you, '(I am the highest level of support available at the moment. I can escalate this for you but the Senior Game Masters will not be able to cause this to happen either.)'
You tell +Algar+, '(Ah. A pity. The CEO of Turbine, perhaps?)'
Oafus has acquired an [Ancient Spearhead].
You tell +Algar+, '(They cannot just mail the item to me?)'
+Algar+ tells you, '(We cannot. This system is hard coded to prevent other exploitation. Unfortunately, it causes this problem as well.)'
Olvi has gone offline.
+Algar+ tells you, 'If I could grant you this helm, friend, I would hastily do it.'
Daeroin has come online.
[Fellowship] Eerowynne: Ror do you have a quest for this rubble you could share. My sister was once bitten by a moose.
You tell +Algar+, 'Perhaps I shall ask that Sauron fellow to grant it for me- he shows his powers quite often, unlike you.'
+Algar+ tells you, '(The loot in the chest is hard coded to only be looted by those that are nearby.)'
Your fellow, Oafus, has been defeated!
+Algar+ tells you, 'I would greatly caution against that, Rorgloin.'
You tell +Algar+, '(I understand; the item cannot be sent in another way? I know that the GMs in World of Warcraft had that power. Is it not the same for Turbine's GMs?)'
+Algar+ tells you, 'The Shadow has crept far enough across the lands. I would be saddened to see another fall to his power.'
+Algar+ tells you, '(No. We are not able to do that for you. I am sorry. Our loot rules are much more strict than those of other games.)'
You tell +Algar+, 'You would greatly caution against my attempts to acomplish anything. Do not presume that I have not realized who it was who blocked the Northern High Pass, causing my failure to cross twenty five times!'
New Deed: Lumul-nar Morroval-slayer
You tell +Algar+, '(I see that there is nothing that can be done. I appreciate your taking the time to hear me; please forgive me for asking you to do something you could not do. I hope that you will have a good evening)'
+Algar+ tells you, '(My best suggestion would be to submit feedback to our development group here: http://www.lotro.com/support/in-game-issues.)'
You tell +Algar+, '(I will do that! Thank You for the link.)'
+Algar+ tells you, '(I think some of those other games have wonderful idea for how to redistribute loot. Unfortunately we do not have those tools.)'
+Algar+ tells you, 'Is there any other issue I could assist you with, Rorgloin?'
You tell +Algar+, 'Unless you will transport my company and me to Lonely Mountain or unblock the Northern High Pass, then there is nothing I can ask of you.'
+Algar+ tells you, 'My powers are not that grand, dear Rorgloin. Take care traveling those roads.'
You tell +Algar+, 'I shall remind myself not to plea for help from a lowly Vala again. Eru will grant me true power. If he does not. . . then perhaps a change of alignment is in order. Farewell.'
+Algar+ tells you, 'This request is closed and your Game Master is unable to receive any further messages from you through this request. Please submit a new help request for any additional questions. Thank you for contacting In-Game Support. Enjoy the rest of your day in Middle Earth!'
Rorgloin
Shield Bearer

Postby kilderkin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Your hubris will be the death of you yet.
kilderkin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Icemell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Its a pretty sad story. I swear Rorg, when I have the training and still to help you on a second attempt, I will be there.
Icemell
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:53 am

Rorgloin, you were sadly mistaken. Algar is no Vala, he is "merely" a lesser Maia. Next time call on Mahal. :roll:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Rorgloin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:16 am

NO! Next time I shall call upon Aule, guardian of my people! HE shall smite my foes in the name of Dain Ironfoot, King under the Mountain!

. . . and if he does not serve my purposes, then there are others, surely, who shall!
Rorgloin
Shield Bearer

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Aulë? Are you sure that you're a Dwarf? If so you have come under the undo influence of the Noldor. The Naugrim call him 'Mahal'.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby kilderkin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 am

Mahal the Maker. I thought every dorf knew that.
kilderkin
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship