An introduction, of sorts

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

An introduction, of sorts

Postby Redstone » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:28 am

I wasn't sure if this was a good place to post this, but thought it might be good to give some insight to who I am. As I've gotten to know a few in the kin and view their actions, motivations, and values, I've come to feel a good connection. Hopefully, a few things about me will foster that connection for others.

I started this whole MMO gig with Ultima Online, anyone remember that one? I guess it was early 2000. I played until that game evolved to a point where if you played the most, you got the best stuff and won. I had done nearly all the PvE portion of that game although I lacked in PvP, again, because I didn't have the disposable time to collect the items necessary to be competitive.

After stopping the production shard version of that game, I started playing private servers. I had some great experiences there.

Along came a few games which I dabbled in until World of Warcraft. I started that in 2004 and joined a guild on Feathermoon called the Order of Twilight. I played WOW with that guild until around 2009, or maybe 2010, at which point WOW lost quite a bit of its flavor for me.

Having risen to a point of 2d in command (with others) in the Order of Twilight, I started a chapter in LOTRO and we moved the guild into a multi-game facet.

Recently, the guild leader announced a retirement of sorts, and not willing to fill his shoes, I reduced my role in that guild as well. This caused me to take a look at the LOTRO chapter and what I was doing with it, which wasn't much. I'm not a guy to burn lots of energy to start things in a game format. I play games to have fun, not work. However, I'm more than happy to help someone else who has the energy to make a start. Therefore, I wasn't well suited to lead a LOTRO chapter, but no one else was willing to fill that void.

In the end, we recently decided to shut down our LOTRO chapter and look for an environment that we can add to. Skjorld and I started searching, found a few different opportunities, and decided this was our resting place.

As for the man behind the curtain, I live in the US, retired from the Air Force with most of my career in law enforcement and security. I am currently an emergency manager on the base I last retired from.

If you've made this this far in my post, my thanks for the interest. I have not proofread this, so it is probably fraught with multiple grammar errors, but I'm late for work, haha!
Redstone
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Athelian » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Mae govannen Redstone!

We are very glad to have you with us and hope you will consider Servants of the Secret Fire as your home in Middle Earth.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Redstone » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Already done Athelian, and others from our kin that we shut down are currently looking at Servants.
Redstone

Postby Athelian » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Redstone, I will accept anyone into the kin who comes with your stamp of approval!
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Redstone » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Thank you for the confidence. I hope to bring to this kin, and it's been a great ride so far!
Redstone

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship